Microsoft Xbox

I am so much more impressed with what Microsoft have on offer than PS at the moment.
And it is very well done to make Starfield an Xbox exclusive.

They still won't win the generation, but Microsoft this generation is looking incredibly impressive.
Same here. As a result, for the first time since original Xbox, I switched and bought series s. Cheap, quiet, handy and game pass offers me more games than I'll ever have time to play in my lifetime. Playstation started taking the piss, thinking they can run on a brand alone. There is nothing among their exclusives that picked my interest. Its all about graphics, which I dont really care about.

Same here. As a result, for the first time since original Xbox, I switched and bought series s. Cheap, quiet, handy and game pass offers me more games than I'll ever have time to play in my lifetime. Playstation started taking the piss, thinking they can run on a brand alone. There is nothing among their exclusives that picked my interest. Its all about graphics, which I dont really care about.

I think the fact as well that Sony are rumoured to be cancelling a lot of their new IPs to just keep releasing sequels of already established/popular games is also a worry. (Although not sure if true)
Then they also made a choice with the new Horizon game that you can’t get a free upgrade you have to pay £10, which they quickly reversed due to a massive backlash.

Sony certainly seem to be doing everything they can to get people to hate them.
However they have such a brand and TBH they have the strongest fanboy following of anything, maybe even bigger than Apple, who will buy a PlayStation no matter what.
I buy a PS as they do normally tend to have the best exclusives, although this is very arguable these days - If I didn’t have a PC, TBH I think I would buy an Xbox.
More powerful machine and game pass is a million times better than that really shite PSNow.

There is not a single game on the PS, I am excited about they are just rehashing old games.

Same. Bought a Series S a few months ago, first Xbox ever. Just for gamepass and Forza. The only reason I bought my PS5 was PES 2022. :SHAKE:
Now I'm looking for a Series X and as soon as I get one, I will sell the Series S and the PS5.

I also hope for a good price bundle on black friday sale in november Series X and Fifa22. :PRAY::WORSHIP:

Same. Bought a Series S a few months ago, first Xbox ever. Just for gamepass and Forza. The only reason I bought my PS5 was PES 2022. :SHAKE:
Now I'm looking for a Series X and as soon as I get one, I will sell the Series S and the PS5.
I dont think ill even bother. I was never big into graphics anyway.
Series S will do me just fine.
And games like Forza, Fable, State of Decay and upcoming Starfield are more than plenty to keep me happy.
One thing that PS had over xbox was option files for Pes. But Pes is dead anyways.
I'll look into emulators on Xbox and install Pes5 in due time.

And yea, the game pass is nice. Maybe I would also get ACC next gen with all included DLC's for Series X. That all would be amazing!

could'nt you at least wait till thursday before commenting... ;)

:LOL:

yeah, the S-box is a lot of bang for the buck! not my cup of tea, due to gfx and whats exclusive... but for casual gaming... in my eyes, there aint a better offer right now (GPU provided).
I had an eye on MSFS... but i can do that better on PC now.

what are your favorite titles to play on the S-box?

could'nt you at least wait till thursday before commenting
Not sure what you mean by that

what are your favorite titles to play on the S-box?
Are you saying S-box to underline its a cheaper/shitty version?

There's plenty to pick from. Forza, State of Decay 2, Ori, Fable, upcoming Stalker 2 and Starfield.
Not to mention all the games that I always wanted to try but would never buy them, like Flight Sim, Alien Isolation, Dead Space, Crisis, Halos. These are the type of games that will probably get boring to me after an hour or two, but with Game Pass I can try them all.

Not sure what you mean by that

Are you saying S-box to underline its a cheaper/shitty version?

There's plenty to pick from. Forza, State of Decay 2, Ori, Fable, upcoming Stalker 2 and Starfield.
Not to mention all the games that I always wanted to try but would never buy them, like Flight Sim, Alien Isolation, Dead Space, Crisis, Halos. These are the type of games that will probably get boring to me after an hour or two, but with Game Pass I can try them all.
there is a Sony event coming up...

nope. i just call them Xbox and Sbox... (to many box names these days...^^)

fully got you... i was "playing" (more trying) games like crazy back in the days... but i changed. in the end, these days i like to be focused on a hand full of games... so i can dive in a bit deeper (time wise/gameplay wise).
i was thinking of getting an XSX first to play MSFS, the only exclusive title i really wanted to play, but went the PC route to suit my sim racing needs as well.
as i said, a lot of bang for the buck for casual gamers! :TU:

Yes, im a casual gamer. Otherwise my name would be Pro_emroth
:D
well, in my head i am a nerd, not a casual gamer. i find stuff important that other user will never see in a game! i am special nerdy i agree.
being a cascual gamer is nothing bad, dont get me wrong here!

the story behind my nickname is not related to me directly... its more an appreciation thing for one of my long time buddies!

:D
well, in my head i am a nerd, not a casual gamer. i find stuff important that other user will never see in a game! i am special nerdy i agree.
being a cascual gamer is nothing bad, dont get me wrong here!

the story behind my nickname is not related to me directly... its more an appreciation thing for one of my long time buddies!
and as you are not asking, the story goes like this (please excuse)... :LOL:

back in the days, must have been around the mid 90's, we were hanging out in a friends moldy basement (it was a house his dad had for rent and we could use the basement as long as we were peaceful) and had LAN sessions! BNC LAN tech... ! :LOL:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10BASE2
so when we meet back then, we were playing games (online wasnt a thing yet) like F1 or Counter Strike (the original) and had FTP servers running where everything was possbile! :LOL: and i mean everything digital... you name it, we shared it! :D

so my friend Maxi was one of the first guys getting a nickname. he played starcraft back then and was pretty good at it (if i remeber correct he went top10 world wide). his nickname became "Pro Max". as i loved this guy already back then, still today we are friends (he's living in Florida now, we had a facetime call just 2 days ago)... i had to come up with a name myself and whats easier than to follow my best friend!? so PRO_TOO was born!
it reads like "Pro the 2nd" (after Max) and "PRO_TOO" (meaning pro as well)!

edit: now i remember, i created a video regarding that topic way back, just for the amusement of our hometown clique (whos scattered all over the world these days). let me see if i can find it.

edit: :LOL: found it... currently uploading.
i have to explain: yeah, thats me and Max in the video when we were around 20 years old. that orange building is the actual building we were playing in the basement. the church tower is one of the landmarks in my hometown (i'm one of the few guys still here...). the MAD club in Eisenach was very famous that time (seen in the video)... so we went partying there, using his dads Cherokee. awesome rides i'm telling ya! :D

Last edited:
I dont think ill even bother. I was never big into graphics anyway.
Series S will do me just fine.
And games like Forza, Fable, State of Decay and upcoming Starfield are more than plenty to keep me happy.
One thing that PS had over xbox was option files for Pes. But Pes is dead anyways.
I'll look into emulators on Xbox and install Pes5 in due time.

Youtube RetroArch + PCSX2

Also check running PS1 games in the little box. Its quite good for emulators.

I don't know if disk original games would work, but if they do I'd love a XSX because I still have my original Xenogears PS1 game.

Microsoft had some Series X for a blink of an eye about 15 minutes ago. Looks like I managed to get one. Checkout said error but I got confirmation mails from both Microsoft and PayPal.

Bought a Series S, which arrived today! My first ever Xbox.

Installed RetroArch/PCSX2 and chances are I'll never play an actual Xbox game on it. 🙃
The first day I spent almost entirely on Game Pass. Not really playing anything, just looking at the list. I was so overwhelmed.
Then I installed few games....and went back to browse the whole list again.. :LOL:
Im actually scared to install this emulator... its just too much... :LOL:

The first day I spent almost entirely on Game Pass. Not really playing anything, just looking at the list. I was so overwhelmed.
Then I installed few games....and went back to browse the whole list again.. :LOL:
Im actually scared to install this emulator... its just too much... :LOL:

It's embarrassing how little I play of non-football games. Another example of me wishing I was programmed differently!

Maybe this'll encourage me to branch out. But with the emulator up and running no-one should hold their breath...

With Playstation 5 nowhere to be seen, that Xbox Series S that is consistently available in a store near me is starting to look mighty tempting, I admit.

Brought a ps5 and Xbox series S when both systems launched last autumn.Spent so much time on the little pocket rocket that is the series S,that as soon as there was more availability on the series X.I sold the ps5 and replaced it with series X.

My son now has the series S(nice upgrade from his one X).

Partly down to gamepass,as I can’t justify spending 70 quid on games these days(nor would I want to).Well maybe a disc version of fifa22,as I can’t resist and feel the gameplay warrants it at the moment.

There’s little doubt that gamepass is a loss leader for MS at the moment(short term losses against long term ganes and growing a subscription based service).But you can’t knock the value.Quality of games available.I’m absolutely loving MS flight simulator and had a absolute blast last weekend on the Halo infinite beta.Halo infinites bots alone demonstrated the strides in AI that these modern CPU’s are capable of producing as well as quality environmental damage.It’s no different with fifa22.You can clearly see the benefit paired with good tech.

Even in comparison to its higher spec brother the Series S holds its own and is great value considering the cpu inside,form factor and price.

There’s little doubt that gamepass is a loss leader for MS at the moment(short term losses against long term ganes and growing a subscription based service).But you can’t knock the value.Quality of games available
Its absolutely brilliant now and it will only get better. Series S was a genius move by xbox. A lot of people, like myself, switched. With more users and subscriptions - they will only grow.
Ubisoft is bringing their games in slowly, more and more devs are willing to co-operate.
Im perfectly happy with my series s. If it ever gets too... weak - ill consider series x before ps5.

Emroth.Couldn’t agree more and it’s a savy model both for the consumer and game developer.Ms are so cash rich and in a ideal world would like gamepass to be a app thats available both on the switch and PlayStation.I genuinely don’t think there competing directly anymore with these two smaller firms interms of profit on hardware.It’s all about making money on software and in the subscription service space.I think long term they will dip completely out of making hardware,instead prefering to push gamepass and there own IPs not only on pc but the other two platforms(you can see this already with minecraft).The series line of hardware in my mind is for that alone.To grow that user base so in the the future they can sell there products and services through a cloud and server based model just like stadia(doing away with the hardware all together when the technology and optic speeds are there,and can match having dedicated hardware in the home.

I switched this generation as well. Gamepass is just too good. I got my series S at launch and have bought only one game (on discount for $9),but i have played way too many and my Hard drive has around 10 currently installed. Having EA play included is nice too
Brought a ps5 and Xbox series S when both systems launched last autumn.Spent so much time on the little pocket rocket that is the series S,that as soon as there was more availability on the series X.I sold the ps5 and replaced it with series X.

My son now has the series S(nice upgrade from his one X).

Partly down to gamepass,as I can’t justify spending 70 quid on games these days(nor would I want to).Well maybe a disc version of fifa22,as I can’t resist and feel the gameplay warrants it at the moment.

There’s little doubt that gamepass is a loss leader for MS at the moment(short term losses against long term ganes and growing a subscription based service).But you can’t knock the value.Quality of games available.I’m absolutely loving MS flight simulator and had a absolute blast last weekend on the Halo infinite beta.Halo infinites bots alone demonstrated the strides in AI that these modern CPU’s are capable of producing as well as quality environmental damage.It’s no different with fifa22.You can clearly see the benefit paired with good tech.

Even in comparison to its higher spec brother the Series S holds its own and is great value considering the cpu inside,form factor and price.

Love my Xbox too, my only complaint is that I have issues with my Y-button. The button is pretty unresponsive and doesn't react if I push it not hard enough. I first noticed it when my players in FIFA don't execute the through ball. I tested the buttons in the Xbox settings and the problem has only the Y-button. I had and have this both on the Series S and the Series X controller. Quick Google search showed that this isn't an uncommon problem, pretty annoying though.

Does anybody know if the Xbox Live conversion to GamePass Ultimate works like for like in terms of months or does it convert it by currency amount.

I've read mixed responses through google searches.

Cheers

Does anybody know if the Xbox Live conversion to GamePass Ultimate works like for like in terms of months or does it convert it by currency amount.

I've read mixed responses through google searches.

Cheers
When I did it, I'd read that it converts up to a maximum of 36 months, so I bought 36 months' worth of Xbox Gold and then paid the £1 which converted all remaining months to Game Pass Ultimate months.

I used this guide - but there are T&Cs, e.g. the account you use can't have used any other Xbox Live offer before.

When I did it, I'd read that it converts up to a maximum of 36 months, so I bought 36 months' worth of Xbox Gold and then paid the £1 which converted all remaining months to Game Pass Ultimate months.

I used this guide - but there are T&Cs, e.g. the account you use can't have used any other Xbox Live offer before.
What a Legend. I’ll always keep Tranmere in my heart. I only went once in a pre - season friendly against city.

Cant believe it worked. I got Xbox live gold for $150 for 3 years and it converted into 3 years of game pass ultimate at basically $4 a month.

Cheers pal.

Attachments

• 9DF29BFF-CC2D-48E7-B699-51124309C567.jpeg
    9DF29BFF-CC2D-48E7-B699-51124309C567.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom