1641255613556.png

Well that can't be right, I've wandered into some kind of alternative universe surely?:LOL:

So unlucky for the South Koreans. Seems like the Brazilians were very fortunate to go through and their complacency almost cost them dearly. Who would you have played next had you gone through?

Well, I'm disappointed. Faith did not allow South Korea to prove themselves even further. When you play Brazil, you just pray and hope for the best (Well, the best in this case is if they play their reserve team). But at least they've proven their commitment and their spirit to fight for their nation. Also, I'm quite liking the leadership spirit of Park Ji-sung.

Faith was also cruel for Brazilians, their run was cut short by Gli Azzurri, who also were cut short by Les Bleus.

Other than that, some teams were disappointing, for instance Germany were eliminated in the round of 16 by Serbia and Montenegro, Argentina lost their overseas derby...

But boy oh boy did England made the most of it, sure they did!! I can't help "un-picture" Peter Crouch towering over French defense to score the winning goal!

My prediction was dead on. Damn I should've predicted Trinidad and Tobago...

Yes! I remember Ferguson did have some nice quotes about Park! He did say something to the effect that his one regret was that if he had played Park in the CL final against Barca, and marked Messi, they would've won. :) But aside from that, he also praised his discipline and selflessness! Other players like Rio Ferdinand praised his tenacity.

Looking at quotes from Park, I found this one, very impressive!

“This is only the beginning for me. But Park Ji-sung is the best player Asia has ever produced – there’s no doubt about that."​

- Shinji Kagawa

It was really fun to play with him in PES 6, too. Very fast and skilled! Stamina 95! :TU:

@The Moroccan Definitely bro! I think the coolest thing about this story is how South Korea proved to the world that they belonged in the top stage! Park was absolutely the leader of the team, as well as our best player!

So unlucky for the South Koreans. Seems like the Brazilians were very fortunate to go through and their complacency almost cost them dearly. Who would you have played next had you gone through?
We would've faced Italy! Which would've been epic! Interestingly about the Brazilians is how complacent they looked.. until I equalized. :LOL: Then they just seemed to turn on the "Jogo Bonito" soundtrack (I even included a Samba clip in their goal, loool)

Germany were eliminated in the round of 16 by Serbia and Montenegro
To me this was the biggest surprise of the tournament!!!!!

@mattmid Yes a parallel universe! :LOL: As for England all I can say is this: "3 Lions on the shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming! 🎶" I was actually happy they won. :TU:

Last edited:
Pucha brouu lástima que se inspiraron los Brazukas, igual bacan que Corea se haya inspirado con su Sopa Red Power! Chevere Park Ji Sung, un badass. :LOL: De pronto puedas volver a jugar con ellos después!

This is pretty cool! Quotes about Park-Ji Sung. Many praised him for sure!I think it's a pretty interesting debate on who's the best Asian footballer of all time. Park has to be up there, as well as Son Heung-Min, Shinji Kagawa, Hide Nakata, or maybe a Saudi or Iranian player I've never heard of.. Who do you guys think could be considered the best Asian footballer of all time? :TU:

I remember Alex Ferguson saying that he always played him in important games because he was always reliable (or words to that effect, I forget exactly what he said!)
Most notably when he claimed if he pushed Ji to man mark Messi they would have won.
We would've faced Italy! Which would've been epic! Interestingly about the Brazilians is how complacent they looked.. until I equalized. :LOL: Then they just seemed to turn on the "Jogo Bonito" soundtrack (I even included a Samba clip in their goal, loool)
I also noticed the opponent in PES6 change the tempo when conceding, which is kinda realistic for a 16 years old game
"He shoot ,he scores , he'll eat your labradors...Park Ji Sung!"
I remember this from a compilation of funniest football chants, and honestly, due to cultural differences some might find it offensive.

This is pretty cool! Quotes about Park-Ji Sung. Many praised him for sure!I think it's a pretty interesting debate on who's the best Asian footballer of all time. Park has to be up there, as well as Son Heung-Min, Shinji Kagawa, Hide Nakata, or maybe a Saudi or Iranian player I've never heard of.. Who do you guys think could be considered the best Asian footballer of all time? :TU:
With all due respect to all the other Asian players, I think Park Ji-sung is arguably the best ever. I mean you are the best when the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Pirlo (who for me is the best midfielder ever) praise your performances and work ethic

I think you should add Hong Myung-bo to the list as far as my father is concerned lol

or maybe a Saudi or Iranian player I've never heard of..
I think you mean Sami Al-Jaber and Ali Daei

Don't think it was meant to upset him ,just a funny chant ,I think it's brilliant.
But times are different now ,some get offended ,some don't.
Good that he said it hurt him ,but I think they did it out of love for him.

I remember them singing this one to the tune of Lord of the Dance....

Park, Park, wherever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But it could be worse… You could be Scouse,
Eating rats in ya council house!

Which to be honest was more a dig at scousers!
Well manure always finds a way to offend the superior team/city of Liverpool don't they!
Love that rivalry.

The Moroccan said:
With all due respect to all the other Asian players, I think Park Ji-sung is arguably the best ever. I mean you are the best when the likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Pirlo (who for me is the best midfielder ever) praise your performances and work ethic

I think you should add Hong Myung-bo to the list as far as my father is concerned lol
I agree.. I mean also the sheer number of titles he won:

Kyoto Sanga: J-League Emperor's Cup 2002

PSV Eindhoven: Eredivisie 2003, 2005

Manchester United: Premier League 07, 08, 09, 11.
League Cup 06, 09, 10.
Community Shield 07, 08, 10, 11
UEFA Champions League: 2008
Fifa Club World Cup: 2008

That's 16 titles alone. Not counting World Cup performances, and a lot of individual distinctions! And he wasn't a "bit" player in Man United either, he was a key component praised by peers, opponents and coaches!

So yeah, I think Park Ji-Sung's achievements as an Asian player are unmatched! :TU:

@mattmid Found an interesting article bro, check it out! https://www.90min.com/posts/4765359...ir-alex-ferguson-s-big-game-player-at-man-utd

Last edited:
Don't think it was meant to upset him ,just a funny chant ,I think it's brilliant.
But times are different now ,some get offended ,some don't.
Good that he said it hurt him ,but I think they did it out of love for him.
Sure it is out of love but as I said it is due to the cultural differences... and as @mattmid said it was intended to insult Liverpool
I agree.. I mean also the sheer number of titles he won:

Kyoto Sanga: J-League Emperor's Cup 2002

PSV Eindhoven: Eredivisie 2003, 2005

Manchester United: Premier League 07, 08, 09, 11.
League Cup 06, 09, 10.
Community Shield 07, 08, 10, 11
UEFA Champions League: 2008
Fifa Club World Cup: 2008

That's 16 titles alone. Not counting World Cup performances, and a lot of individual distinctions! And he wasn't a "bit" player in Man United either, he was a key component praised by peers, opponents and coaches!

So yeah, I think Park Ji-Sung's achievements as an Asian player are unmatched! :TU:
19 if you include J2 promotion and KNVB Beker and the Super Schaal which is simply impressive

Park Ji-sung and his team come out of the world championship with their heads held high, holding on to one of the favorite teams to win the title, as well as all of Asia which still shows its desire to grow internationally, too bad .... ............. but congratulations indeed !!!:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:
Well done mate, only hard work and humility will lead you to great success.:YES::TU:

Master League #4: Unprecedented Rise to Football League One! (PES 6)
WINDSGATE FC Make Their First English Third Division Appearance!

logo_ccexpress.pngengland.png

The city and the team of Windsgate, as well as its current players are fictional for the purposes of this story! :)

The year is 2005-06, and Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United are dominating the Premier League. Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Mourinho have just won the league with "The Blues" and have proven to be the best team in England, Arsene Wenger is still steering his Arsenal squad to victories, and a young Portuguese named Cristiano Ronaldo is the newest exciting world star under Sir Alex Ferguson's direction at Man United. The Premier League is enjoying its highest revenue and fame around the world.

But aside from the flashing lights, the multi-million dollar contracts, and the superstars, Football is well and alive in the lower leagues, and there's a great story brewing in third division! For the first time in its history, Windsgate FC have risen and been promoted, and they will be debuting in Football League One! ⚽

The City of Windsgate (location in red), is a small city (or large town, if you prefer) of 100,000 people, right on the Northeastern coast of England between Scarborough and Bridlington and Northeast of York. An important port and fishing area, Windsgate currently also attracts a lot of tourists (despite its sometimes moody weather), due to its rugged coastline, beautiful views of the sea, and its many marinas! A lot of people come to visit every year to enjoy the charms of the city, which also has a vibrant downtown Blues music festival, great seafood restaurants (among the best in England), and a famous brewery (which sponsors the team). This has become a very entertaining city, without forgetting its working-class roots! 🎶 🦀

One thing the city had not been famous for so far was Football. But young, hungry upstarts Windsgate FC are keen to change that. After playing in non-league obscurity during most of its long history, the team started to invest into scouting the city talents, as well as in the surrounding regions. A solid base of local homegrown players has been formed, with many observers calling this group their best in generations! Now, with most of their squad in their early to mid 20's, the team is still young yet it is maturing. Most of their players have risen through the ranks together, with a few incorporations. They are entering their prime and are poised to make their Third Division debut! :TU:

Here are the teams that make up the current Football League One!
- Blackpool, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Bournemouth, Carlisle United, Cheltenham Town, Crewe Alexandra, Doncaster Rovers, Gillingham, Huddersfield Town, Millwall, Nottingham Forest, Northampton Town, Oldham Athletic, Port Vale, Scunthorpe United, Tranmere Rovers, Swansea, Windsgate FC. and Yeovil Town!

1642976220466.png1642981510153.png

Here are some of our most important players!
- Michael Clarke (CF) The focal point of our attack. A local youth star in Windsgate, Clarke has matured and is expected to be the team's main goalscorer.
- Our dual wingers, Zouch (LW) and Jimmy Muir (RW), also local players, expected to bring speed and chances on the wings.
- We have a Moroccan young promising midfielder Said El-Ahmadi (AMF), a deft playmaker with a nice touch for the ball and feel for the game.
- Jamaican born Geoffrey Warmington (CB), a stalwart defender with good heading power and tackling.
- Team Captain Andy Webb (GK), another Windsgate product, one of the best keepers in the division and a natural leader.

The people of Windsgate are excited! A city which was known until then for its port and fishing industries, food, and touristic attractions. now has a Football team that has captured the attention of fans in their local and regional area! Will they capture the imagination of the wider English public during their first ever campaign in Football League One? Only time will tell! ⚽:TU:

Get ready for my first European Master League Story: The Heart and Soul of gritty, exciting, and competitive English Third Division! Where the crowds might be smaller but they are equally passionate, where the weather can be difficult but it adds to the excitement, and where stories, careers, and footballing identities are created with every passing fixture!!

:RSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :RSCARF:
Comments are welcome! :YES:

Last edited:
The Road Warriors!!
WINDSGATE FC off to a Crackin' Start! Making their Presence felt in Third Division!

1643317281937.png

8 Matches Played.
6 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.
1st in League One Third Division

Windsgate FC
has started off their first League One Third Division campaign with a bang, raising eyebrows amongst English football observers, and making believers out of skeptics.. Are they for real?? Is this red-hot start the begininning of something bigger, or is it just flash in the pan?? They have especailly shined on the road, WINNING ALL OF THEIR AWAY GAMES, and giving the whole city of Windsgate hope for their footballing present and future, which until then had been lingering in non-league obscurity!

Windsgate's opening match against Brighton and Hove Albion featured record setting attendance in their small but packed stadium.. The crowd was definitely fired up for the begninning of the league season, and it wasn't for naught: Their first home game in third division after decades and decades of obscurity! Even though they'd been in fourth division for a few years, this is a whole new level and along with it, even more footballing excitement!

1643322382915.png1643322353967.png

The first match was an intense one, under cloudy and windy conditions, very typical for the city of Windsgate. The football wasn't as much brilliant as it was hard-fought, both teams getting their feet wet in the first game of the season. Chances were few and far between, but in the end, Windsgate was able to score in the second half, with Center Midfielder Fletcher coming in with the rebound after the Brighton gk failed to clutch Clarke's shot. And it's a goal! The crowd went wild, a few of them almost rushing the field, as they tasted their first bite of success in third division! The rest of the match was cagey, as the Windsgate defense held on to a tight victory! Windsgate FC 1 Brighton and Holve Albion 0! The crowd was singing and waving red and black flags all over the stadium, a historic first victory!

Then came a stiff test: 3 of their next 4 games would be away, and the manager knew that this is when reputations are made! It's all well and good to win in your stadium, but winning on the road, that's one of the toughest tests in this long, 38 game season! The next fixture was against Port Vale, one of the somewhat "weaker" teams in the League, at least on paper. But somebody forgot to tell "The Valiants" (as they are nicknamed) that, as they played true to their name, with a lot of courage and determination. Another tight match but then, in minute 82, @The Moroccan 's compatriot, Attacking Midfielder and perhaps the most creative player on the team, Said El-Ahmadi with the score!! It was all a question of resisting the following minutes. Port Vale 0 Windsgate 1! Our first away win!

The third match would be similar, but at the same time, very different. Against Scunthorpe United once again in an away fixture, Windsgate dominated from top to bottom, having many more chances than their opponents, but the goal wouldn't come. A missed free kick by inches, a header by Clarke which rebounds off the bar! A run by Jimmy Muir and an incisive shot that JUST goes wide! Scunthorpe was resisting and resisting, and we were pressuring, and it seemed like these would be our first dropped points in the league.. Until.. in minute 89, with just seconds left in regulation time.. The Moroccan El-Ahmadí strikes again, his second game winner!!! and Windsgate wins!

Three matches, three 1-0 results, one at home, and two away. 9 points out of possible 9, and a brilliant start of the season for our boys! Would they be able to replicate their success against Oldham Athletic at home? The Windsgate manager decided to rest most of this starting eleven in this fourth match, as the intensity of three 1-0 wins had started to take its toll. Unfortunately, Oldham was able to capitalize on this, and exposing the inexperience at this level of football of some of our players, we took an 0-2 defeat in our grounds, outplaying and outhustling our bench players.. Our first defeat of the season..

Back on the road! Would Windsgate be able to get back on track against League 1 favorites Nottingham Forest, in their stadium in the fifth fixture?? Notthingham had had a strange start of the season, even though most pundits placed them as favorites to win the title and get promoted to the championship, they had disappointed so far, lingering near the bottom of the table, with 3 defeats! Would this be their fourth?? It seemed like they would break the spell at the start of the match, as they were able to score. 1-0 Forest. But before the first half was over, Jimmy Muir, the team's fast winger and homegrown talent, with a great run on the right with the assist to once again, El-Ahmadi, and Said scores! 1-1.. And yet before the first half is over, Muir once again, after the nice spin move by Mackenzie, and places it nicely in the corner! The second half would be many more chances especially by Windsgate, but no more goals.. Yet at the end, we prevalied, 1-2, moving Forest even further down the table and and with Windsgate retaking the lead in the league standings!

1643324372436.png

We'd follow this win with yet another away victory against AFC Bournemouth! Striker Michael Clarke, perhaps our most highly touted player, did not have a good start of the season, going scoreless in his first 4 matches, but was able to break the spell in this match, scoring the first goal in the first half, and then Zouch, one of the pair of speedy wingers (along with Muir) was able to go on a great run and score the second goal at the 87th minute! Final score, AFC Bournemouth 0 Windsgate 2, and the league has taken notice. 15 out of possible 18 points, and a reputation for being a very tough away team for our boys! :RSCARF: Unfortunately, we were not able to follow up on this victory, as our next game at home against Yeovil town was a strangely pallid 0-0 draw, with very few chances. Once again, the manager decided to rest some of his starting players, and the bench players were not able to pick up the slack, a worrisome trend? Clarke and El-Ahmadi tried to score at the end, playing the last 20 minutes. However, we were able to salvage the point.

Windsgate would DEFINITELY get back on track in their next match, once away on the road, this time against Crewe Alexandra. Facing a tough and passionate crowd, this was poised to be a difficult match. But even with half the starting eleven still resting, Windsgate absolutely dominated this match, outgunning and outrunning Crewe from start to finish, and scoring 3 goals in the second half (after Crewe had gotten quite lucky in the first half after many chances by our boys went just wide or high).. The nil-nil deadlock was FINALLY broken in the second half, when Zouch (The Ringo clone!) with the great hustle, dispossessed the Crewe defender and rushed for the goal! This opened up the floodgates, and two more goals would follow, for the final score of Crewe Alexandra 0, Windsgate 3!

A very nice start to the season for Windsgate FC no doubt! :RSCARF: Expectations are high, the city is behind the team, but the manager keeps talking about patience and staying grounded and humble. 8 matches down, 30 to go, it's a long long season in English Third Division. As the match against Nottingham Forest and Oldham proved, any team on paper can boast a stronger or weaker side, but in League One, anyone can beat anyone on any given day! That's part of the beauty of it all, the struggle and the passion of the English game, especially in its lower divisions! Let's see if Windsgate's hot start is indicative of a team worthy of the Championship!!

1643317903010.png

:RSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :RSCARF:

Last edited:
Can't wait for El Ahmadi to get called to AFCON 2008 and get spanked by Ghana!

Great start mate, making your name in English football is a challenging duty, so eager to see what surprises are awaiting for Windsgate FC!

COME ON YOU VALIANTS :RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF:

If I had the talent and commitment, I'd write up my own ML/BAL tales... I had been playing with Leeds United on PES 2020 trying to get them back onto the Premiership (I didn't care about getting 2021 since it was just a "season update" and I wasn't willing to fork out another $200 (local currency) for what is, for all intents and purposes, the same game), but I play the ML on Manager Mode (which honestly I feel is more appropriate, I mean managing your team is your main role in the ML), meaning that it feels too easy sometimes. About 10 rounds in, I was leading the Championship with a perfect record. Feels like the only way I can lose is by simming matches (which I do mostly to get through the season faster - like I said, I don't quite have the dedication the ML demands). So I can't provide a riveting story such as these just yet.

Last edited:
Carrying on The Momentum!!
Nearing the Halfway Mark, WINDSGATE FC Continue Their Hot Start!

1643684337205.png

17 League Matches Played. (+ 1 FA Cup Tie)
12 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses. (
+ 1 FA Cup Win)
2nd in League One Third Division - In Promotion Zone

Windsgate FC
have continued their torrid start to the season. After 8 games where we went 6-1-1, we were sitting in first place, sharing the lead of the table with Bristol City! Despite the hot start, Windsgate's manager preached patience and keeping our feet on the ground, realizing that this was only the start of a grueling 38 game season, and that our long road to a possible promotion was just starting!

Picking up where we left off, our last match had been an 0-3 away win at Crewe Alexandra, and Windsgate were definitely developing a reputation for not only late game drama, but also on being tough on the road, as in our first 8 matches, we had gone completely unbeaten in all of our away matches! Our next match would be at home, against Carlisle United! We started off scoring fist, with a nice goal by our striker Michael Clarke, but unfortunately Carlisle would equalize just before the first half ended, and in the second half, it was not possible to break the deadlock. Windsgate 1, Carlisle United 1 was the final score, and it was evident that the team was doing better away than at home, a somewhat worrisome trend that the team would be looking to reverse!

The next 3 matches would be on the road. Would Windsgate be able to maintain their unbeaten away streak? The first of these matches was a similar affair to some of the other away games, a tight 0-1 away score going into the final 10 minutes! Windsgate had scored and we were winning against a tough Doncaster team that wouldn't give up. We tightened our defense as Doncaster started attacking at the end of the match, and it looked like they could equalize until.. Ohh What A Save by our Captain Andy Webb! A game winning save close to the end of the match to clinch the victory for our boys! Final score: Doncaster Rovers 0, Windsgate 1!

Our next match would be another tough away test against Swansea, one of the more talented teams in the league, who were at the moment in the top 4! The crowd was pumped at their brand new Liberty Stadium, a very nice arena with good capacity for Third Division, but Windsgate once again was able to claw themselves to a 0-1 lead after a nice run by backup CF Hughes! After many matches of playing CF, our star Clarke needed a break, and Hughes filled in admirably! Oh, and our keeper Webb once again with the game changing saves! Another away game, another win! Swansea 0, Windsgate 1! The next match, however, would not be as kind, and would serve as a reminder that this was a very tough league! After two consecutive road wins, Windsgate's away streak finally came to an end after a 4-2 drubbing against bottom feeders Blackpool! This was a surprising loss, since the orange shirted team was off to a poor start, and we were still undefeated on the road. But this is proof that anything could happen. This loss stung, because some of our most important players were playing, but still, it is proof that you could never lower your guard in this league!

1643689891161.png1643689969563.png

Showing a lot of resilience, Windsgate would rebound with a very nice win, a very much needed win at home vs Northampton! This game was ours from start to finish, with dominance in possession, shots, and overall we outplayed our northern rivals. Our first score came in minute 27. Said El-Ahmadi wiith the beautiful run, ELUDING two players and going in between them somehow finding the space for the score! This was the Moroccan's best game of the season, as when the second half started, he assisted Michael Clarke with the beautiful heel for the 2-0 lead! El-Ahmadi was looking like one of the best signings. He is one of the few players who did not come from the local academy, but was indeed brought from the Moroccan League as a promising youngster, but he has adapted seamlessly to the team, and in this early season has proven to be our best player! One more goal by late substitute Bailey and the final score was Windsgate 3, Northampton 0! A much needed win in our grounds!

The next two matches were also very impressive away wins, against Cheltenham, and Tranmere Rovers! Both of these results were Windsgate wins, 0-2, as our boys are firmly cementing our lead in the standings! One important aspect of these two matches, additionally, is the emergence of the three wingers, Jimmy Muir, Zouch, and Kennedy! Bringing a lot of speed on the wings, these three are playing a very important part in our team, not only on offense but also tracking back and helping our side backs! Muir, in particular, is having a very good season. Even though he is not the most polished player yet, his speed and velocity have brought a new dimension to the right flank! Cheltenham 0 ,Windsgate 2 and then Tranmere 0 Windsgate 2. Consecutive solid away wins!! We were on a roll entering our FA Cup first round match, against Torquay United! A match where we would be looking to move past the first round for the first time in our history!

1643691312485.png 1643691484309.png

Even though, as a 4th Division team, and a team that had perhaps a weaker squad than us, Torquay United semed not to be too threatening on paper, man did they give us a stiff challenge in the first round of the FA Cup! This was an epic match, played in front of our crowd. From the beginning, it was clear that Torquay was playing inspired football, as they were playing much more aggressively than us and were playing tough! Dispossessng our players, retaining the ball, they were like a team possessed and it seems like Windsgate was not prepared for this intensity! At the end of the first half, the score was 0-0, not too many chances, but the more important ones seem to come from Torquay United, and Windsgate's manager was concerned. Even though we were determined to show our superior quality in the second half, it was actually Torquay who scored first after the whistle, in minute 53! The score was 0-1, and our boys were looking a bit desperate. After a brilliant start to the season, they were being outplayed by the lesser team! With more grit than anything else, however, Windsgate starting clawing themselves back in the match, and in minute 67, it is Clarke with the great run and the strong angled shot in the bottom left hand corner! And we've equalized! This goal gave us some much needed momentum, and the shots kept coming, Clarke, Zouch, El-Ahmadi, MacKenzie, lots of chances for Windsgate now! However, it was not to be, and It was 1-1 heading into extra time.

More drama in extra time! As both teams are tired and substitutions are forthcoming, both squads are battling it out for supremacy and a place in the 2nd round of the FA cup! Major drama in Windsgate Stadium, the game is hanging by a thread and oh! Minute 97! El-Ahmadi once again, as the Moroccan heads the ball in from a MacKenzie corner! And it's 2-1 Windsgate!!!!!! Said El-Ahmadi, our most important player so far, comes through in the clutch once again!! Would this be enough for Windsgate to win it all??

The second part of extra time rolls around, but Torquay did not give up. Both squads, exhausted now, are giving it their complete all. It's more about heart than skill in this epic encounter of third divsion vs fourth divison teams.. For honor and a chance at glory! Defenders are falling all over the place, the match is being played in muddy conditions, and anything can happen. And lo and behold, In minute 115, Torquay equalizes after many rebounds in Windsgate's area and the defenders could not clear the ball! Oh no!! It's 2-2 with only minutes to go in extra time. But what's this, minute 120, and Clarke has a chance to wiiiiiiin??? Over the bar!!! And we're off to the penalty shootout! And after minutes of high drama, excitement.. Windsgate 1-0 with Clarke getting lucky! Here comes the Torquay striker, oh and Webb saves it!! 2-0.. 2-1.. a miss by Windsgate! oh, but look at this.. Andy Webb with the save ONCE AGAIN!!! 3-1, 3-2, And the Torquay keeper guesses right! 3-3! 4-3 and.....................The Torquay player hits it over the bar!!!!!!!
Windsgate Wins an epic match on a Penalty Shootout!!

The crowd goes wild! Our captain, goakeeper Andy Webb is the hero of the day!! Windsgate advances to the second round of the FA cup for the first time in our history!!

1643693298126.png1643693250517.png

The next match was important for symbolic reasons, as well as the actual table. At the time, we were sharing first place with Millwall, who have also had a great season. But perhaps due to physical and especially mental fatigue from the epic FA Cup encounter against Torquay, our players did not play well. Bad refereeing, at least from our perspective, also played a part in this match.. with 2 red cards (Against our most important defensive player, Jamaican Warmington and one of our all around better players, Vince Black!) At least one of these cards was way too harsh, and in our opinion, both were unwarranted. But in anycase, down to 9 players, and even though we fought valiantly, at the end it wasn't enough, and our top table rivals ended up prevailing in our grounds. Windsgate 2, Millwall 3, and now Millwall were in sole possession of first place in the standings!

However, as has been often the case with our team, we responded in our next match, in very dominating fashion. After managing fatigue and rest well, the players were primed and ready to go against Bristol Wanderers. The result? An offensival festival, a complete carnival for Windsgate Football Club, and after 2 goals by our bench Scottish center midfielder, Fraser, a goal by Clarke, another score by Langley, Harvey, and Fraser (El-Ahmadi had the day off). we ended up winning scoring 6 goals, a complete drubbing of Bristol, and a fixture in which the bench players played a key role! Final score: Windsgate FC 6, Bristol Wanderers 1! The absences of Warmington and Black were not even felt as everyone stepped up! Even though we are now in second place in the overall table, we are in direct promotion zone.. 7 points clear from third place AFC Bournemouth! Also very importantly our key players are rested..

1643693583619.png

And this rest is of prime importance, because after this comes..

The 2nd round of the FA Cup, to be played shortly, Windsgate FC vs Milton Keyes Dons! Can we dream with something more in the Cup as well?? Get ready for more FA Cup excitement, and the continuation of our League One Third Division Campaign, a second half which promises to bring even more excitement for our team, giving hope to the entire city of Windsgate and our loyal fans! Get ready for more drama and more compelling tales from the passionate and feisty lower divisions of English Football, as our story continues!!

Last edited:
The story is building nicely. Looking good as the season almost reaches half way. Relegation virtually avoided already :LOL: and in a great position in the league. :TU:

Who is up the top of the scorers/assists tables?

Who are Bristol Wanderers ;) Argentinian FA involved again :LOL:
I assume it is a fusion of Bristol CIty+ Bolton Wanderers.. Happens also in Greece by some clubs, for tax evasion purposes!!! :P

Back
Top Bottom