Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eyah had that (talkie walkie) for a while. check out the avalanches and moloko. and the virgin suicide OST which was compiled by air.

Aye I've had the Avalanches first album since it came out, have they done another? Superb album Since I Left You is.

Mart said:
Aye I've had the Avalanches first album since it came out, have they done another? Superb album Since I Left You is.

ive only heard the one . . . .REALLY though, if you like air check out the virgin suicides OST and the 10000mhz EP. top stuff.

Mart said:
Ash's new album Meltdown is sounding very promising after a few listens, good stuff.

Ive just bought it off Amazon after hearing it in my mates car. The special edition with the free live cd is brilliant. Also purchased the Supersonic 7"'s one, the best hits thingy. Pretty good stuff although havent given them a good listen yet since they only arrived this morning

I will check out the stuff you mentioned Loz, see that's why I rarely post in here, I end up spending more money :).

Just got hold of an rnb album by a chap called akon. very good album. I'd give it 4 stars. anyone into hip hop should definitely check it out.

Got Petey Pablo's new album aswell. It's Boss! :D it's got that Lil Jon get crunk feel to it. the first single off it 'freak-a-leak' is ace.

super mick mcarthy said:
Anyone heard Keane's album?

WHAT a debut album, they are gonna be massive

yeah i got it, its like travis reincarnate . . .although not as good!

super mick mcarthy said:
loz said:
super mick mcarthy said:

Travis had one good album then done nowt since imo, that one good album was fantastic i suppose

lol, what about their second album (flowers in the window is one of my all time fav songs), and i'm sure theyve some recordings floating about from before they signed.

loz said:
super mick mcarthy said:
loz said:
super mick mcarthy said:

Travis had one good album then done nowt since imo, that one good album was fantastic i suppose

lol, what about their second album (flowers in the window is one of my all time fav songs), and i'm sure theyve some recordings floating about from before they signed.
i just think there latest album was dissapointing, i am VERY impressed by Keanes album like

fair play, dont agree with ya, but youre entitled to your opinion.

Looking well Forward to Weller's Covers album out in the fall, the new single is awesome, thought The Ordinary Boys were smoking on later last night a very cool young band with their influences on their sleeves.

On the subject of Travis, you'll find they have had three good albums and one average one (being the latest one). Flowers in the Window is off their 3rd album (The Invisible Band).

That is all :).

First Travis album was 'Good Feeling', not 'The Man Who'. Good Feeling is by far and away the best one they've done, more rockier at times and the slow stuff is excellent as well. The Man Who was good, Invisible Band was alright, don't think muchof the newest one though.

ClassicD said:
First Travis album was 'Good Feeling', not 'The Man Who'. Good Feeling is by far and away the best one they've done, more rockier at times and the slow stuff is excellent as well. The Man Who was good, Invisible Band was alright, don't think muchof the newest one though.

yeah thats what i thought, but i couldnt rememebr their names. cheers for that classic, and back to my initial point, keane = travis!!! ;)

Don't know about that, for a start they have no guitars. I quite like them but I can't listen to them for too long or the guy's style of singing gets on my nerves, it's just too 'nice' a voice to listen to for any great length of time.

havent heard the whole album yet, but eight easy steps by Alanis Morrisette, off so called chaos, is pretty good, lost interest in her after the crap album she released after jagged little. . . .but this sounds promising.

Alanis Morrisette - Everything is a brilliant, brilliant song, exactly the kind I've been missing for a long time.

Just heard Nelly Furtado - Forca for the first time thanks to EURO 2004 and I love that too, the start of the song is so atmospheric and, in EURO 2004, it suits the style of the menus so well (almost spooky, the way the backgrounds fade in and out and drums echo around the stadium, it's absolutely mindblowing presentation).

Jack Bauer said:
Alanis Morrisette - Everything is a brilliant, brilliant song, exactly the kind I've been missing for a long time.

Just heard Nelly Furtado - Forca for the first time thanks to EURO 2004 and I love that too, the start of the song is so atmospheric and, in EURO 2004, it suits the style of the menus so well (almost spooky, the way the backgrounds fade in and out and drums echo around the stadium, it's absolutely mindblowing presentation).

I like Excuses by Alanis Morrisette. :D

Haha, alright alright, I admit, I'm getting bored of the gameplay like less than a day after saying I liked it. But the music kicks WE's ass.

:freak:

I swear to you though - fair enough it's no indication about the gameplay or whatever - the presentation of the menus etc. is superb. Put it on at night, set Nelly Furtado - Forca to the only song on the "Trax" list, and play with the menus for a bit. I'm not saying it's a better game than Winning Eleven, I'm not that stupid, but it really is amazing presentation-wise. They've done a fantastic job, it is chilling, and when you see some of the backgrounds you can just feel the passion that the artists have for the game, virtual or otherwise.

Shame the programmers don't feel the same way, yeah, before you say it... But it really is outstanding.

Red hot chili peppers in 4 FUCKING days they are also supported by ash and N.E.R.D, HAHA to all non attenders.

HEEEEEHAAAAAAHUUUUUUUUUHAHAHA

thankyou but they are the BIGGEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD.
Obviously some people dont care but my god how have they survived the last 20 years.John Frusciante is a sheer living legend, he almost died on herion in 1997 but look at him now, great great guitarist

In my opinion all that stuff about living the lifestyle is not important. I am not a big fan of the band though some songs are good, I can't say anything about their albums. My favourite album is still from 1995/6 (not sure), you can try and guess it.

mothers milk, the one with Dave Navarro i liked one song on that, My Friends.

Have you been to any concerts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom