Music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usher's Album is quality, very good songs on there eg Burn (his new single), Confessions part 2, Throwback and simple things. the ret are still good to average songs. and if u like usher's album odds are u'll like Mario Winans new album. His first single off it is boss, I don't Wanna know ft Diddy, the beat is basically a sampled enya track which was also used on the fugees ready or not song. great song.

Loz if you like Jay-Z check out his "Roc-La-Familia" Album. i love that album, was my favourite of his til the Black Album came out. Encore is just an incredible song, i've been pumping it in my stereo since the album came out.

As for looking for something similar to Jay_Z, try picking up Cassidy's album, Split Personilty. I've heard a few songs off the album and they seem pretty good :)

MonkeyJug said:
hip hop, rnb, funk and rap are the worst kinds of music ever!

really, if you came in my house and tried to stick one of those wankdog cds on my denon - i'd stab you...

Wow such an expert in music :roll:

But really if I start to give a shit about what you think I'd stab myself...

Loz, if you like The BluePrint, give the Kanye West "College Dropout" CD a listen.

Im listening to D12's new album right now
only a few songs in but sounds good so far
and imo Kanye Wests album was a bit of a dissapointment apart from a few songs
Try and get your hands on Kanye West - Home, its not on the album but its quality

super mick mcarthy said:
Try and get your hands on Kanye West - Home, its not on the album but its quality

No way new D12, forgot that was coming out...

The thing I liked best about Kanyes was the production and that he wasnt rhyming about the usual sort of stuff.

Yeah theres quite alot of tunes floating about that never made the album I've not heard that one I'll look for it later.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
super mick mcarthy said:

No way new D12, forgot that was coming out...

The thing I liked best about Kanyes was the production and that he wasnt rhyming about the usual sort of stuff.

Yeah theres quite alot of tunes floating about that never made the album I've not heard that one I'll look for it later.
the way he raps and what he raps about is very original but i just dont think the album stood up to the hype tbh
D12 album seems quite dark at the moment

metal jason said:
csaunders said:
Jack Bauer said:
metal jason said:
Nirvana is the most overrated band in the history.
I think it has something to do with Kurt Kobain dying - I agree with you, I could never stand Smells Like Teen Spirit, I thought it was absolutely awful. This song I heard the other day by them, Heart-Shaped Box, is really good though.
i have no idea how you can say there overated, you can certainly not enjoy there music, but man the music that was around in the "mainstream" SUCKED before they came along. There had not been great rock and roll being made since the late seventies, at least in the mainstream, i aint counting metallica as they were still underground and not as popular until later. Nirvana re created the music revolution that paved the way for Perl Jam, STP, every band you listen to today. Glam bands and boy bands was all that the music industry was producing, it wasnt until Nirvana came along that they took notice again, of the FORCE OF ROCK N FUCKING ROLL!!!! Bands like the cure, the smiths, REM, etc. owe there popularity(more like bank accounts) to nirvana, these guys were not getting shit for radio airplay or MTV until nirvana came along, and for this Nirvana will always be considered one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll.

From the technically side, Kurt Cobain suck. From the musically side, it suck as well. Nirvana is just a POP or mainstream grunge band that promoted by MTV.

technically, yeah kurt wasnt a technically good guitar player, but that doesnt me shite, keith richards is technically horrible, but he is a kick ass guitar player, being "technical" now thats overated. And musically Dave Grohl was/is a musical genius. Brintey Spears is pop man, that musiclly sucks, but how can you say the riffs(that alot of rappers use) nirvana made, suck? I can understand if you dont like the songs or lyrics, but if you going to give an honest opinion and you know music, you cannot say the music sucks. Its just not your cup of tea, thats how i feel about rap artitsts in general... I dont think there horrible musicians, its just not my cup of tea.

People like to jump all over Nirvana because the media make such a big fuss over 'new' albums and death anniversaries, etc, it's easy to dismiss them as fabricated garbage. This is far from being the case, and it's a shame some people just dismiss them because of the media's unrelenting interest in them.

To say they are garbage is just ignorant, many great bands of today have made a point in stating that Nirvana were a great influence on them. Radiohead/Muse etc say they are indebted to Nirvana.

And you can't even think about saying Radiohead or Muse are kak.

Thats because you are probably into another genre of Music like Hip Hop or something.

Muse are my favourite band of all time you cheeky git lol ;)

In todays Rock, Radiohead and Muse are argueably the best world has to offer.

What bands/artists are you into?

P.S Download these then judge if Muse and Radiohead are kak.

Radiohead - Street Spirit
Radiohead - 2+2=5
Radiohead - Pyramid Song
Muse - Newborn
Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes
Muse - Citizen Erased
Muse - Muscle Museum
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome

Can you tell I have jumped on my Muse High Horse? lol :mrgreen:

yeah i remember a friend came to stay with me back in 1994, since he'd moved away he'd got into music in a big way, now at the time the people back here were into dance or grunge stuff...
my m8 was a punk fan and he was being a tosser calling people sellouts etc because they were into Nirvana and Pearl Jam or house music...

when anyone asked what he was into...it was something like 'Bobs Alternative Bus stop Wacky Alternative Combo' or something equally outlandish that around 2 people would have heard of...i suspect his motives weren't because he liked the music but more it would help maintain his 'individualism' needless to say i dont keep in contact with this guy now as he managed to piss everyone i know off in about 2 days....

another m8 of mine went through a 'wacky electronica' stage...now i like a lot of stuff like this Nightmares on Wax, Aphex etc...but my m8 started buying albums or seeking out singles which were little more than white noise with a few random samples over the top....he would spend endless hours trying to educate us how we listened to crap dance while this squealing cat music was pure genius....im not a snob, ive listened to some mad stuff like some of the obscure Warp and Rephlex records stuff but this stuff was crazy noise...

Dance snobs are bad as well, im not up to date now my era was 1992-95...i still like House and Dance music though i cant devote the time to keep up with the latest releases....i hear all kinds of people slagging off Trance as commercial etc...is it hell, just it happened to be a popular club culture thing and did its job well....Armin - Communicate, Thrillseekers - Synaesthia etc all superb music which a fair few people i spoke to dismissed as cheesy and commerical........
then i ask them what they like its something like 'Radical Electronica Static Theory - Absolutely Non Commercial (The I Hate Pete Tong 1 Sided Acetate Limited Pressing Mix)...

music snobs, grrr they're a pet hate...i definately think some people adopt certain music and bands to affirm some kind of individuality to try and stand out from the crowd somehow.

Bailzebub - I get what you are saying totally!

I remember most people I knew LOVED bands like Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park then they went HUGE and suddenly they sucked. Its now seen as "cool" to hate them. They aint exactly my cup of tea but I love Linkin Parks - Crawling, I can bet I'll be slated for that. The very same thing happend with Coldplay, before "Clocks" most people thought of them as a decent band whos music was good, but now its "cool" to hate them.

When the media get a hold of a band and rate/promote them suddenly they become hated :l , seems stupid. Whats wrong in liking a popular band/artist?

An exception to the rule would be The Darkness, now they are really bad IMO, I don't see the appeal, I'm not saying that to be different seeing as most people hate them ;) lol. I don't like the way they have been hailed as the saviour of rock etc etc, E.G look at this years Brit awards, The Darkness were hyped up something terrible and yet Muse whipped their arse with their performance of "Hysteria". I hope that doesnt seem to hypocritical but its how I feel regarding The Darkness.

exactly Guti u like what u like dont you

its just i know people who really try to hard too find a genre or band that they know other people dont like, and eventually they have convinced themselves they like the music

there is a lot of crap out there like the boy band rubbish but some stuff becomes popular music soley cos its good, popular doesn't always mean crap does it

same for movies, i know a few movie snobs and some on the boards i go onto are a nightmare...
eg
' Lord of the Rings were good dont u think?'
then someone will pipe up
'you uneducated fool...anyone who is anyone knows that Frederiko Foppaluccinis Paper Bag trilogy is by far the superior series'

Bailzebub said:
'you uneducated fool...anyone who is anyone knows that Frederiko Foppaluccinis Paper Bag trilogy is by far the superior series'
Sorry I have to vouch for the Paper Bag, it's littered with important themes.

Keane album seems good.

Guti14 said:
I remember most people I knew LOVED bands like Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park then they went HUGE and suddenly they sucked. Its now seen as "cool" to hate them. They aint exactly my cup of tea but I love Linkin Parks - Crawling, I can bet I'll be slated for that. The very same thing happend with Coldplay, before "Clocks" most people thought of them as a decent band whos music was good, but now its "cool" to hate them.

Personally I don't hate Linkin Park, but I can respect the opinion of people who hate them

And I HATE Limp Bizkit, not because it's cool to hate them, but because they're pure shite. Always were and always will.

Oh, and never heard of people who hate Colplay so far... And I think they're pretty fucking good

Rentboy said:
Guti14 said:

Personally I don't hate Linkin Park, but I can respect the opinion of people who hate them

And I HATE Limp Bizkit, not because it's cool to hate them, but because they're pure shite. Always were and always will.

Oh, and never heard of people who hate Colplay so far... And I think they're pretty fucking good
I used to love Limp but there recent stuff is pants and Coldplay are fantastic

yeah ive always listenend to bands that have never been on mtv, never get noticeable radio airplay, and really build there fan base off the counter culture, its not that i do this so im some sort of "cool" guy or the only guy who knows about this band and there cool cause you dont know who they are, i like these bands because they FRIGGIN rock, and they play music that just resonates in my mind, and i think, I GET THIS, I GET WHAT THERE PLAYING, I WANNA HEAR MORE, but the music itself is not for the mainstream, its not Universally apealing, its either you love or you hate it, there is not much gray area, i.e. The Grateful Dead. Why i might find this music great, someone else will not enjoy it as i do, and thats ok, thats the beauty of music, i dont think any music SUCKS, i just think, to each his own....

sounds like a decent enough opinion to me mate. thinking other people are idiots just because of the music they like is very silly, imo.

i'e got the Roc-La-Familia album baggs and yeah, its real good.

Does anyone know who sings the (2Pac & Biggie Small Tribute - Die Young) ?

it Goes somthing like this:

Nobody saw it coming
no body cant denie
Someo body please tell me why you had to die....

;)

just got that snow patrol album (a bit late i know) but have to say its very very good. Its one of them albums that gets better each time you listen to it like what happened with me with coldplays albums
i am also really liking stuff coming out from keane and cant wait for thier album to come out and the streets second album will be interesting cos their first album was awesome, wonder if their 2nd will be as good?

Keane's album is not bad, can't listen to it for prolonged periods though it starts to annoy after a little while.

Anyone heard of Bloc Party? Only heard one song, 'Banquet' I think it was called, pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom