NBA 2K General Thread

Thanks man. Will keep an eye out for w good price. Custom Rosters are available in console too right? Like madden?
Exactly ,there's a good set called ATD (attention to details ) that are great ,they've edited a lot of tendencies and stats etc.
You can download draft classes too.
Depending on how you want to play ,there's tons of videos explaining a lot.

For instance ,I play Myleague on NBA 2k20 (franchise mode it's called mynba on 21-22) where you can control everything and play ,or have the CPU take care of the business side and just play or a mix of them both.
I play the games 4x12 minutes ,but I use player lock (just controlling one player ) and when he sits ,the game sims.
Also you can sim/play anyway you want ,if I want to speed up stuff I SIM a quarter or two ,them jump in whenever I want.

just give me or someone else here a shout I'd you have any questions buddy.
one more thing ,the only active games right now (servers ) are 21+22.
which means you can't DL roster etc on older games.
that's why I always update rosters on older games before they shut down ,then just manually keep them updated.

I spent easily 2.5 hours DL a new roster ,setting up the game with settings for everything plus sliders then started a myNba career with Washington Wizards (one of the crappiest teams) pretty unbalanced roster and long time injury on its only star.
But I was stunned how good it plays ,pace/movement/footplanting/AI/CPU AI teammates/atmosphere.
Such a step up from 21 ,which was good ,but nothing like this.

I spent easily 2.5 hours DL a new roster ,setting up the game with settings for everything plus sliders then started a myNba career with Washington Wizards (one of the crappiest teams) pretty unbalanced roster and long time injury on its only star.
But I was stunned how good it plays ,pace/movement/footplanting/AI/CPU AI teammates/atmosphere.
Such a step up from 21 ,which was good ,but nothing like this.
Can you help me with my dilemma.. Between 2019 and 2020, which do you find better?

Cause i find both games similar, but there is only space for 1 of 2 unfortunately in my PS4 HDD.

Can you help me with my dilemma.. Between 2019 and 2020, which do you find better?

Cause i find both games similar, but there is only space for 1 of 2 unfortunately in my PS4 HDD.
If it's any help to you, I'm still on 2k20 PS4. A better game than 2k21 and 2k22 for PS4.

2k20 is way better than 19.
I think 19 feels way to stiff.
19 is probably my least played 2k

2k20 is way better than 19.
I think 19 feels way to stiff.
19 is probably my least played 2k
If it's any help to you, I'm still on 2k20 PS4. A better game than 2k21 and 2k22 for PS4.
thanx both guys. Since before 2019, i was still playing 2k11 and 2k14 on PC, i needed something significant to decide.

i will stick with 2k20.

To expand a little, rosters aren't a problem for me, basically, since i am a boomer, rosterwise i am ok with anything having Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant, and being able to play against Bulls, Orlando Magic and Seattle SuperSonics of the 90's..

Plus some Euroleague matches playing as PAO BC in 2014..What a mode!! I know there are modes in PC to turn everything in whatever you want, but i am a lot noob, and i hesitate to start a new page in my moding life, aftet the time i spent on Pokemon ROM moddimg and om PES of course.. :)

thanx both guys. Since before 2019, i was still playing 2k11 and 2k14 on PC, i needed something significant to decide.

i will stick with 2k20.

To expand a little, rosters aren't a problem for me, basically, since i am a boomer, rosterwise i am ok with anything having Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant, and being able to play versus Bulls, Orlando Magic And Seattle SuperSonics of the 90's..

Plus some Euroleague matches playing as PAO BC in 2014..What a mode!! I know there are modes in PC to turn everything in whatever you want, but i am a lot noob, and i hesitate to start a new page in my moding life, aftet the time i spent on Pokemon ROM moddimg and om PES of course.. :)
Going down the modding and fixing with 2k and you'll never get out alive.
If you have feel like it ,and find decently cheap copies ,14-15-16-17 are all fantastic games in XB1/PS4

2k14-15 are the only mycareer gameplay I've liked (stopped with that mode on 17).
Bit different button config in those two first ones ,but great great games

Except the fact that gameplay and everything around the SIM side of 2k is really good ,there's another reason for me choosing this over CM/ML on PES/FIFA.
You have clear rules to follow.

A salary cap with a ceiling you can't go over (exceptions like luxury tax and bird years etc) and a floor you must be over.
That makes things a hell of a lot tougher and more fun.

Only 15 players on your roster (you can have a few signed on two way contracts as well in the minors with a maximum of 45 NBA days up)

You build your team/dynasty with smart trades ,good free agent signings ,good drafts and keeping a low rated team for a few seasons to be able to sign better/more expensive one's later on.

My 2 main careers are Timberwolves on 2k20 (with a updated-ish 22 roster) and Wizards on 2k22
Both teams pretty bad ,trosters being very unbalanced.
My Timberwolves career has the franchise player out for 5 months after only 5 games ,plus injuries off and on on my three other C making me trade for a 4th C sacrificing a prospect.
I'm currently 12-20 ,but have 5 straight wins ,until my starting C and SG got injured.
So I'm in for a tough period there

My Wizards career has the only star out for the season (B Beal) and I'm struggling there ,not far gone but I'm 2-7 there.

@slamsoze i had a look at my gaming library ,and i stand corrected ,2k19 wasn't my least played game ,in fact I've had (so far) 4 seasons ,3 as hornets and 1 as Knicks.
I played some today ,since I also play 20 it was easy to compare.
Not sure I gave you the right advice ,both good/great games.
But to me 19 feels way tougher.
Pretty underated.
Not helping you ,sorry:)
But either way ,two great games.

Starting to warm up to this game once setting and sliders are done.
Still icon and mainly the shot meter is still fucking awful.
So I removed the shot meter and shooting is so much better ,of course using user timing.

Starting to warm up to this game once setting and sliders are done.
Still icon and mainly the shot meter is still fucking awful.
So I removed the shot meter and shooting is so much better ,of course using user timing.

Since real player % was implemented in the game I never looked back to user timing tbh.

I Play online a lot with friends ,so switching between the two is a no go.
Plus ,I only control one player both off and online.
True. I also play with player lock. There is one minor problem when using user timing. It still takes into account the ratings but if you have player lock for example with Steph Curry and you nail down the timing you will score around 12-15 points more in most games compared to Real Player %. The latter will keep the average PPG at a sim rate. You will still have games in which you'll score more but it depends on other factors such as fatigue, hot streak, team chemistry etc.

True. I also play with player lock. There is one minor problem when using user timing. It still takes into account the ratings but if you have player lock for example with Steph Curry and you nail down the timing you will score around 12-15 points more in most games compared to Real Player %. The latter will keep the average PPG at a sim rate. You will still have games in which you'll score more but it depends on other factors such as fatigue, hot streak, team chemistry etc.
Think they've made shooting much harder this year generally ,especially if you have coverage and openness set high.
Plus like you said ,fatigue/hot streak/chemistry plays a big role.
My 90+ PG scored 14pts on 32 minutes last night ,probably my worst game ever.
Also love nailing shots/layup because of my own skill/timing.
This game has really been a struggle with a hard learning curve even though I've been playing it religiously since -13

But I don't have anything against player% ,mainly because the online gaming and old habits

Spent the whole weekend playing 2k22 and 21 new gen ,and I think they're the worst games in a long time.

Foul count is too low (regardless of rosters/sliders) you can go 100 in all and still have way to low fouls.

Animations.
You'll often get stuck/dragged in too an animation when dribbling and there goes that attack down the toilet.

And the half court slow down when on a breakaway.
Jesus.

Not enough separation ,players playing defence on you like they're glued on to you.

I'm giving these two games a pass and keep going with 2k20/21 on old gen ,much better fluidity/pace/separation/dribbling.

Spent the whole weekend playing 2k22 and 21 new gen ,and I think they're the worst games in a long time.

Foul count is too low (regardless of rosters/sliders) you can go 100 in all and still have way to low fouls.

Animations.
You'll often get stuck/dragged in too an animation when dribbling and there goes that attack down the toilet.

And the half court slow down when on a breakaway.
Jesus.

Not enough separation ,players playing defence on you like they're glued on to you.

I'm giving these two games a pass and keep going with 2k20/21 on old gen ,much better fluidity/pace/separation/dribbling.
Coming from 2k20 I have to disagree. 2k22 is very good. Are you using the ATD roster? Make sure to have the contact sliders up to 100. I see a lot of fouls and I'm using Golden State. Average FTs for me are around 23 and it would be higher if I didn't play with Golden State.

Coming from 2k20 I have to disagree. 2k22 is very good. Are you using the ATD roster? Make sure to have the contact sliders up to 100. I see a lot of fouls and I'm using Golden State. Average FTs for me are around 23 and it would be higher if I didn't play with Golden State.
Yepp,ATD sliders ,it's fine when I'm simning ,but I get way to low fouls count when "playing"
CPU at HOF (with sliders) is way to clinical at the rim ,not enough fouls there.
Plus ,physicality isn't really a thing in this game ,like a pinball machine at times.

I'm going to fine tune it a bit more ,could be contact sliders being low.

Yepp,ATD sliders ,it's fine when I'm simning ,but I get way to low fouls count when "playing"
CPU at HOF (with sliders) is way to clinical at the rim ,not enough fouls there.
Plus ,physicality isn't really a thing in this game ,like a pinball machine at times.

I'm going to fine tune it a bit more ,could be contact sliders being low.
Start from All-Star difficulty and change the contact sliders to 100, body up sensitivity at 80. I'm getting all sort of fouls everywhere, illegal screens, loose fouls, jumpshot fouls, blocking, charging. When I'm not playing with player lock I can easily get 30FTA per game with certain teams that are strong in the paint. Help defense strength also at 90.
I was worried that P&Rs would be overpowered in this game but ATD roster has made a good job to eliminate this. I can still take advantage of it but cpu adapts quickly.
As I don't have a new console I play on Xcloud and I'm quite impressed with the game.

Start from All-Star difficulty and change the contact sliders to 100, body up sensitivity at 80. I'm getting all sort of fouls everywhere, illegal screens, loose fouls, jumpshot fouls, blocking, charging. When I'm not playing with player lock I can easily get 30FTA per game with certain teams that are strong in the paint. Help defense strength also at 90.
I was worried that P&Rs would be overpowered in this game but ATD roster has made a good job to eliminate this. I can still take advantage of it but cpu adapts quickly.
As I don't have a new console I play on Xcloud and I'm quite impressed with the game.
I think one issue could be that I lowered body up sensitivity ,since I hate getting sucked in to that quick sand feeling.
Yeah I saw a good change in that when switching to ATD rosters.

I'm going to dig in and skip sliders ,most I've tried this gen is from people who play 2k cam ,and it looks natural on that cam but looks very off when on broadcast (pace/acceleration etc).
Thanks buddy

@fear just thought of something ,I have NBA 2k21 both gen versions and old Vs new plays extremely different ,and you playing xcloud (2k22) which is old gen.
Think that could be why we don't see the game the same way.
I've only played new gen (22)
And the lack of fouls/CPU timeouts etc only occurs on new gen ,never had that issue on old gen ,even on old old gen (2k11-12-13)

Xcloud has both versions to stream. Old and new gen. Also cpu calls timeouts frequently when I'm going on a streak.

Xcloud has both versions to stream. Old and new gen. Also cpu calls timeouts frequently when I'm going on a streak.
But do you stream it via your Xbox one or PC?
Either way it's old gen coming out ,unless you stream it on a new gen console

Not true, you can choose between both version on PC if you use cloud gaming.
Ah ,i didn't know that ,my bad.
I always hear complains from PC gamers (modders) that it's old gen in the past.
Just googled ,pc version isn't new gen ,but streaming new gen to a pc is ok ,am I right there?

ATD roster ,Shady Mike's sliders and probably 10-15 hrs of testing/searching for different setups and tweaks to the sliders ,this game is coming along just fine.
Still not there ,need to set up coach instructions/edit playbook to complete it and make my teammates play smarter ,but I'm getting there.
Long road for me playing as the Orlando Magic , horrible team.

Me breaking Kyle Lowry's ass/ankles.

Been on a retro binge lately ,trying all my installed 2ks (14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22).

16 is a killer game ,man that's just outstanding how well that plays ,tough to break down defenses etc.

And I had to try a game i haven't played for a long time ,NBA 2k19.
This surprised me cause I always felt it was close to 18 (the worst game ever) but this is right up there (or under) 16.
So tough to drive to the hoop ,hard to shoot ,really a sim in every aspect.

Still looks very good ,better lightning than 20-21 for sure.
Bonus and a great suprise was when I picked Hornets as my team and decided to break out the retro kit ,an Easter egg with the retro court came along.ooks so fucking good.
Love this game
e0b16293-e516-4b35-b54a-ae3108d8b22f.jpg47ae024f-d995-47ec-a50f-2d58358231ce.jpg

Hi fellas, I bought NBA2k22 on a sale for my series x. But I'm completely new to basketball and NBA 2k22 and former part's. So I'm a totally noob of a noob.

Do somebody of you guys can give some gameplay and settings tips please. :D:BEER:

Hi fellas, I bought NBA2k22 on a sale for my series x. But I'm completely new to basketball and NBA 2k22 and former part's. So I'm a totally noob of a noob.

Do somebody of you guys can give some gameplay and settings tips please. :D:BEER:
If you're a complete noob ,that's tough to give advice too.
I think watch basketball for noobs on YT would be a good start.

Play on a easy level ,pro is advised.
Google/YouTube the different game modes so you'll get the hang of the different one's

Mycareer =cheesy online ,like the journey on Fifa ,but you can take your created player and play in a bunch of online modes (3v3 create a team like pro clubs,drop in games etc)

Myteam like FIFA's FUT.

Mynba is the career mode like master league or FIFA's but a gazillion times deeper and better.

My tip is getting to understand basketball ,otherwise you'll be pretty lost.

Back
Top Bottom