NBA 2K General Thread

If you're a complete noob ,that's tough to give advice too.
I think watch basketball for noobs on YT would be a good start.

Play on a easy level ,pro is advised.
Google/YouTube the different game modes so you'll get the hang of the different one's

Mycareer =cheesy online ,like the journey on Fifa ,but you can take your created player and play in a bunch of online modes (3v3 create a team like pro clubs,drop in games etc)

Myteam like FIFA's FUT.

Mynba is the career mode like master league or FIFA's but a gazillion times deeper and better.

My tip is getting to understand basketball ,otherwise you'll be pretty lost.
Thanks for reply mate! Yes it is very tough but sadly football games genre seems to dying. And I won't too. So I try other sports games.

I played 4 matches and all lost. The ingame tutorials aren't much helpful I think.

But I like to say that I don't want to be a professional or something. I want to have fun with this game.

I will watching some YT and learn. Maybe I can watch dazn also because they stream NBA. But because of different time zones not easy to watch.

Thanks again pal! :BOUNCE:

Thanks for reply mate! Yes it is very tough but sadly football games genre seems to dying. And I won't too. So I try other sports games.

I played 4 matches and all lost. The ingame tutorials aren't much helpful I think.

But I like to say that I don't want to be a professional or something. I want to have fun with this game.

I will watching some YT and learn. Maybe I can watch dazn also because they stream NBA. But because of different time zones not easy to watch.

I think watching old games on YT is a good way ,if you're playing as a specific position ,learn how that position plays.
Go in behind screens set by your team mates so you'll get some separation and can shoot etc.

You can also set it up so you're only controlling one position (it's in the settings before you start a game) much easier and you'll learn the game more.
Or set the game to CPU Vs CPU and watch how the PG (or which position you prefer) plays ,then try it yourself.
You can also set it to show play vision (for user or whole team ) when using just one position (blue markings on the court showing you where to go and what to do)

Playing as one position is a good way to learn.
I only play as myself (a point guard ) in MyNba

Yo pal. There are tones of suggestions.To keep it short, for starting i would suggest, change the shoot setting to real player%, instead of real timing (if there's still this option,was there until 2020).

Until you catch up with the basic game mechanics, i would say play exhibition matches in the lowest difficulty.

Finally if you have general issues with the sport, i would suggest, for your exhibition/training matches pick some classic team (again if still in game), like Chicago Bulls of 95-98, Orlando Magic of 90s, 76ers of 2001, Lakers of 2000-2003, i mean some team that it is pretty obvious who does what, even by the slightest YouTube video or Google search.

I would say 76ers and Lakes of early 00s, are the most beginner's friendly to understand the sport, as it is almost crystal clear, each player's role.

I think watching old games on YT is a good way ,if you're playing as a specific position ,learn how that position plays.
Go in behind screens set by your team mates so you'll get some separation and can shoot etc.

You can also set it up so you're only controlling one position (it's in the settings before you start a game) much easier and you'll learn the game more.
Or set the game to CPU Vs CPU and watch how the PG (or which position you prefer) plays ,then try it yourself.
You can also set it to show play vision (for user or whole team ) when using just one position (blue markings on the court showing you where to go and what to do)

Playing as one position is a good way to learn.
I only play as myself (a point guard ) in MyNba
Yo pal. There are tones of suggestions.To keep it short, for starting i would suggest, change the shoot setting to real player%, instead of real timing (if there's still this option,was there until 2020).

Until you catch up with the basic game mechanics, i would say play exhibition matches in the lowest difficulty.

Finally if you have general issues with the sport, i would suggest, for your exhibition/training matches pick some classic team (again if still in game), like Chicago Bulls of 95-98, Orlando Magic of 90s, 76ers of 2001, Lakers of 2000-2003, i mean some team that it is pretty obvious who does what, even by the slightest YouTube video or Google search.

I would say 76ers and Lakes of early 00s, are the most beginner's friendly to understand the sport, as it is almost crystal clear, each player's role.
Hi mates, thanks for your support. I played today two matches and won both but with one point + in both matches. In the second match I played also with extra time. :BOP:
Learnin by doin.

But need really to learn the rules. I had many times the referees wistle and I don't know why. :LOL:

In the halftime tv show on the left is this shaq o' neil? The broadcasting package on the matches is the best. Never seen this befor in pes nor fifa.

Hi mates, thanks for your support. I played today two matches and won both but with one point + in both matches. In the second match I played also with extra time. :BOP:
Learnin by doin.

But need really to learn the rules. I had many times the referees wistle and I don't know why. :LOL:

In the halftime tv show on the left is this shaq o' neil? The broadcasting package on the matches is the best. Never seen this befor in pes nor fifa.
Yupp,that's shaq

MJ is back!
The Championship edition is expensive as fuck 150€ ish.
With tons of ridiculous stuff included ,but it also has NBA game pass included which is insane ,all games live all season ,I shouldn't fall for it ,but 150€ is what a game pass costsso hmmm...

NBA 2K22 only costs 10e on Steam currently.
, 2K sports as greedy besterds as they may seem, sometimes give some crazy deals, given their policy.

I got NBa2k20 for free in PS4, due to PS+ free game of the month, and on Switch i bought it again (nba 2k20), when 2k21 launched, for some crazy bargain, something like 0,99€, digital version by Nintendo e-shop.

EDIT. 1: found it by Switch Thread. 2,49€!!!
nba2kdis.jpg

EDIT.2: It was before 2021, near the end of life cycle of NBA 2k20. May of 2020!

Last edited:
Finally got my 2k22 set up correctly sliders/rosters and boy do I love it.
Playing as the Wizards in MyNba career mode.
This game is by far the best modern 2k (from 17 and fw).
Responsive ,proper foot planting great ai both CPU team mate and CPU opposition.

The only 2k being up there with the goat 2k16.
Schnaidt1 sliders and ATD rosters (CelticLG on Xbox share)

Brilliant!

That's cool, they actually had that in 2012 as well.
Really cool feature, I would love to have a retro mode on FIFA too (if FIFA was playable).
Muddy pitch skinny players with long hair etc

I think it was fifa '99 or 2000 which had an option to play with a retro look, even the commentators were different, the ball was different and the screen had a different yelllowish tone... It was pretty cool back then. Ill try to look for it.

I think it was fifa '99 or 2000 which had an option to play with a retro look, even the commentators were different, the ball was different and the screen had a different yelllowish tone... It was pretty cool back then. Ill try to look for it.
in a little corner from my brain.exe I can remeber it should be Fifa 2000 "with PLAYER No9" for example.

in a little corner from my brain.exe I can remeber it should be Fifa 2000 "with PLAYER No9" for example.

It was 1998 fifa WC game. You could play classics from other eras. And If you played really old games they would be in black and white. Sorry I wont post any more Off topic things I know this is the 2K thread but its nice the 2K NBA is doing this. Im actually surprised at the amount of content and old teams they have included (Although I think they do that with the current games as well). Need to give 2k more of a chance... hopefully if ncaa football comes back they do something to ncaa basketball. college hoops 2k8 was a classic.

Last Off topic: those intros from Fifa WC 98 and FIFA RTWC '98 really took me back man... Im getting old but I remember popping those discs in my PS1 and being blown away by those little intros.

This does seem to be a possible way out of the Football game doldrums. I think I will still hold out until Chrimbo sales and get it then.

This does seem to be a possible way out of the Football game doldrums. I think I will still hold out until Chrimbo sales and get it then.
The game offline is fantastic. I've said it before, I don't like the fact that 2k has gone the way of microtransactions but at least they take care of the offline crowd. Both EA and KONAMI should just disappear in shame. 2k has a big opportunity here to make millions or even billions by developing a football game, even with only the top 5 European Leagues. They can even start with an English Premier League fully licensed and they will sell lots.

While the new game is in a very decent to excellent condition, it can't help me still consider PES 2k11 and 2k14 the best of the best....

Watching this trailer, and having goosebumbs even today.... Simplistic, to the point, but getting you into the subject.

Also 2k14, has one of my most favourite soundtracks, +still able to create custom teams and players in edit mode (creation center or whatever it was called), + Euroleague teams!!!! What a great game!

And i love the song, perfect fitting the set up to action!!! :) A really great trailer, with simple cinematics, that makes you drop in and play the game! :D
P.S.: Imagine that i am playing this on PC, so i assume i play the "past"-gen version of 2k14...

P.S.2: Still believing, 2K has delivered the best sports titles of all the sports genre, as a package. In comarison to EA, KONAMI, SEGA, Sony and other competitors , where even in their GOLDEN ERAs, something was always missing, (either gameplay-wise, or content wise) over the past 15 years, 2007~2022.

Last edited:
While the new game is in a very decent to excellent condition, it can't help me still consider PES 2k11 and 2k14 the best of the best....

Watching this trailer, and having goosebumbs even today.... Simplistic, to the point, but getting you into the subject.

Also 2k14, has one of my most favourite soundtracks, +still able to create custom teams and players in edit mode (creation center or whatever it was called), + Euroleague teams!!!! What a great game!

And i love the song, perfect fitting the set up to action!!! :) A really great trailer, with simple cinematics, that makes you drop in and play the game! :D
P.S.: Imagine that i am playing this on PC, so i assume i play the "past"-gen version of 2k14...

P.S.2: Still believing, 2K has delivered the best sports titles of all the sports genre, as a package. In comarison to EA, KONAMI, SEGA, Sony and other competitors , where even in their GOLDEN ERAs, something was always missing, (either gameplay-wise, or content wise) over the past 15 years, 2007~2022.

I 100% agree with you. 2K11 and 2k14 were my favorite basketball games of all time. For many different reasons..

- 2k11 had the excellent Jordan challenge mode. That was awesome, especially since I'm a longtime Chicago Bulls fan. (not to mention the Alan Parsons Project: Sirius!) :)

- Also staying with the Bulls, I absolutely loved the Derrick Rose/Luol Deng/Joachim Noah era. That was the last time I was truly passionate about basketball. And 2010-2014 was the heydey of these Bulls.

- I'm not a particular fan of the "offensive explosion" 130-125 games of the modern era. (in fact, I really dislike it). I grew up in the 90's, full of Olajuwon-Ewing matchups that were 94-90 games etc. I love defensive basketball, and I think that 2014 was perhaps the last year where we saw really tight defense in the NBA.

- I felt like starting in 2K15, the game became too "tactical", too focused on set plays and not enough "play on your own". I mean I like setting pick and rolls and stuff, but I've never been a fan of "move player to this side of the court, wait for the ball, swing it around" following the X's and O's. I think 2K11 and 2K14 had a more "instinctive" type of game. You could follow tactics and set plays if you wanted, but most of the time it was more play with your gut. I liked that.

- 2k14 had AMAZING patches. The Ultimate Base Roster, which is legendary is one of the best. But there are tons of others. I also loved playing entire seasons with classic teams. And the 90's teams FELT like the 90's teams. I played full seasons with the 96 Bulls, 95 Rockets (with Hakeem and Clyde), the 93 Suns, the 2008 Boston Celtics (Garnett, Pierce, Allen), and many more.

All in all, I just had a great time playing these games, and haven't felt the same fun since 2k15. I don't think it's a coincidence that it was also the year I stopped watching basketball seriously. And I was a SERIOUS NBA-head growing up, so 2k11 and 2k14 seem like a "labor of love" in a sense.

Last edited:
I just re-installed the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2k14 and I'm having an insane amount of fun recreating 90's basketball with a modified Seattle Sonics team!

Major overhaul: Got rid of Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schrempf, and others, brought in Mookie Blaylock, Walt Williams, Stacey Augmon, Xavier McDaniel and others!! And of course kept one of my favorites of all time, none other than the REIGNMAN, Shawn Kemp! Love this mod in my favorite era of basketball, the 90's!!

1680945518219.png

Last edited:
I just re-installed the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2k14 and I'm having an insane amount of fun recreating 90's basketball with a modified Seattle Sonics team!

Major overhaul: Got rid of Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schrempf, and others, brought in Mookie Blaylock, Walt Williams, Stacey Augmon, Xavier McDaniel and others!! And of course kept one of my favorites of all time, none other than the REIGNMAN, Shawn Kemp! Love this mod in my favorite era of basketball, the 90's!!

View attachment 210670
Hi there, I just bought the cd key for 2k14,

Because everywhere I see that this is one of the best in the 2k series.
I just want something else(sportsgame) besides fifa and pes.
So this ultimate base roster is a must have for this game?

Other mods recommended maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!
Hi there! Sorry for the late reply.

The Ultimate Base Roster is definitely the most complete Mod for NBA 2k14. It includes ALL the rosters from the 1950's to the present day, ALL teams plus many other additions. It is not only the best 2k14 Mod, but perhaps one of the best mods for any game ever IMO. It's a little big in terms of file size, but definitely worth it! :TU:

Thanks in advance!
Great pick. Don't know what the mode you are going to install has, but the default game, and IIRC it was the last one, includes EURO League teams, if you come form Europe and interested in European Basketball. PANATHINAIKOS, OLYMPIAKOS, REAL MADRID, BARCELONA, CSKA, MACCABI, FENERBACHE, SIENA, ZALGIRIS, etc.... The 14 beast teams of that season are there.

The default soundtrack also, is my favourite of all series, second coming the NBA 2k11 soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom