NFL Thread

Woah what a show! Super Bowl is the real deal, I'm not a usual NFL follower but Super Bowl have always fascinated me.

Rodgers, Mathews and Jennings :WORSHIP:

Congrats Packers! This week you will be given my avatar as tribute. :))

Where are the NFL fans in this forum? Looking forward to the Superbowl. Pats-Giants rematch in Indianapolis. Tom Brady vs Eli Manning in the house of Peyton Manning, Brady’s archrival and Eli’s bro. :)

I've never been an avid NFL fan but this year I got attached into this. And I must confess, first time I watch NFL I rooted for the Patriots so I thought I was a Pats fan! :LOL: However I found my truly team in the Giants. I guess I’m the first New Yorker ever born in Portugal! :LOL:

Super-Bowl-XLVI-Patriots-Giants.jpg

Last edited:
Where are the NFL fans in this forum? Looking forward to the Superbowl. Pats-Giants rematch in Indianapolis. Tom Brady vs Eli Manning in the house of Peyton Manning, Brady’s archrival and Eli’s bro. :)

I've never been an avid NFL fan but this year I got attached into this. And I must confess, first time I watch NFL I rooted for the Patriots so I thought I was a Pats fan! :LOL: However I found my truly team in the Giants. I guess I’m the first New Yorker ever born in Portugal! :LOL:

Super-Bowl-XLVI-Patriots-Giants.jpg

Been a gmen fan my whole life

Ochocinco to score the game winning touchdown (his first and last? as a Patriot)...

Patriots win.

So it's finally here!! The day has come!

Who's taking this? I say Patriots too. Tom Brady will come through.

No way Sina! Giants for the win! :D

17-14. I see Eli throwing a 50 yard pass to Victor Cruz aka The Catcher just before the halftime. Then, later in the 4th, with just 3 seconds to go, Tynes will score a field goal giving the Giants another Vince Lombardy trophy.

Let's Go NY!

9-0 for the Giants after the first TD of the match. Patriots really need to improve their game very soon if they don't want to give it up early.

If Gronk was 100% he would have caught that ball at the end.

funniest touchdown everrrrr! Stop ! wait for it...wait...OKAY turn n drop it like it`s hot! :SHOCK:

:LOL: Funny indeed. I think he was surprised the way the Pats allowed him to score the TD. It was a smart tactic btw. The Giants would have scored no matter how, New England had to spent less time in order to bounce back. Had the Giants player stopped and the Pats would had less than 40 seconds to score.

If Gronk was 100% he would have caught that ball at the end.

Agree. I thought we were done in that moment. Fortunately he dropped the ball. Later in the quarter, Welker missed an outstanding pass as well. We were lucky.

However, imo, the key moment was when Eli threw a 38 yard pass to Manningham with less than 4 minutes to go. Instantly the momentum of the game changed. "Man, we're going to win this sh*t!" I thought.

Oh, and I almost had an heart attack in the last drive! Thanks God our defenders punched it! :BOP:

This year is going to be huge for New York. The Giants have won, the Rangers are the best team in then NHL and the Knicks... well, forget about the Knicks! Ironically they are the reason why I support the Rangers and the Giants. :(

EDIT: Bradshaw on the TD
"I tried (to stop)," Bradshaw explained to me on the field, "but my momentum just took me in. All I could do after that was hope that they wouldn't score."

Last edited:
man, the giants must be brady's nightmare by now! :P
great game though, just as exciting as the last pats-giants superbowl.
and yeah, i also believe that with a fully fit gronkowsky the result would have been different.... although some might say that being at 100% doesn't neccessarily mean performing well (welker and branch messed up big time and they were both fully fit).

I blame it on Welker! He fucked up badly and could've put the game beyond reach.

Fucker cost me money!!

Luckily I had also bet on Tynes scoring over 1.5 Field Goals and the TOTAL being under 54 (which it easily was) so I broke even that night. But Pats could've won that.

hahaha shame on you Sina! What the hell were you thinking when you bet on the Pats? I told you, Giants for the win, the whole thing was figured out even before the kickoff. There's no one else to blame but you! Nevertheless, thanks God you heard me about Tynes scoring some FGs. :D

Wow, apparently Ben is another "sportsaholic". Yea, this one was exciting as the last Pats-Giants SB. However, due it was my first time as Giants fan and as a usual NFL follower, this game was more stressful for me.

Yes, could have been different with Gronko at 100% but you gotta give credit to our defensive line, they were superb during the POs. Just like Phil Jackons says: "Defense wins championships".

man, the giants must be brady's nightmare by now! :P
great game though, just as exciting as the last pats-giants superbowl.
and yeah, i also believe that with a fully fit gronkowsky the result would have been different.... although some might say that being at 100% doesn't neccessarily mean performing well (welker and branch messed up big time and they were both fully fit).

and maybe if giants had a healthy secondary and linebacker core it would have been a blowout. You guys realize the giants starting MLB and CB were out for the year, and that hte guy chase blackburn was teaching highschool when the giants basically dragged him off the street to play MLB. As far as branch and welker messing up, bradys passes to branch were SHIT!!!! The first one everyone looks at, the giants safety almost picked it, brady threw it right at the gmens safety. The second branch pass was behind branch, that is why webster was able to smack him, and webster played great defense. The welker catch wasnt the best of throws either, welker was wide open and brady overthrew him and was slightly behind. Now go back and look at Eli's throws all game, they were MONEY every time. In the receivers hands, not thru a defenders hands, not behind the receiver, in there hands. Stop with this gronkowski crap, injuries happen, teams have to deal with them. If you cant tell Im a giants fan, LOL.

relax man, i'm not taking anything away from the giants ;) . i was just making a consideration, but that certainly doesn't mean the gmen didn't deserve the ring. also u're kinda right about brady and manning... this actually was quite a weird playoff run. brady was a little less effective and accurate than usual, while eli was absolutely on fire (however i'm sorry but i'm not buying into the hype yet.... all of a sudden everyone is talking about eli being an elite qb..... but i'm gonna need to see a lot more consistancy from eli before ranking him with the likes of brady, rodgers, peyton, breese and co.).

however the giants absolutely deserved the win, no question about that.... hell u even managed to beat the packers (wich looked impossible to me)!!

Last edited:
I hate to disagree with you my good old friend Ben but this time it has to be. :) In my point of view, Eli Manning is an elite QB. His Curriculum Vitae speaks for himself:

- 2012: Super Bowl XLVI Most Valuable Player
- 2008: Super Bowl XLII Most Valuable Player
- 2009/2011: 2× Pro Bowl Selection
- 2011: NFL Record most 4th quarter touchdown passes in a season (15)
- 2011: Tied NFL Record for longest pass completion and touchdown (99 yards)
- Holds NFL Record for most road playoff wins (5)
- Super Bowl XLVI: Most consecutive completions to begin a Super Bowl (9)

Impressive record you have to admit. Besides, he showed how clutch he is in key moments. This season sums up how clutch Eli is, first against Romo and the Comboys in the last game of regular season, then outplaying Aaron Rodgers (nowdays best QB in the NFL, imo) in Green Bay, sensational against Alex Smith and his San Fran team and finally facing Tom Brady in the Super Bowl (Brady did quite well to be frank, his receivers are the ones to blame).

I've been discuss this lately with a friend of mine who's a Jets fan and he says that it would literally give up the farm to see someone like Eli in green. Ok, I gotta reckon, having a guy like Sanchez running the show must be a painful feeling! :LOL:

to be honest i would love to see him back, but i'm not sure if there's a franchise out there which would sign him right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg
i love this guy!

andre all your points are absolutely undebeatable, but i just can't bring myself to rate eli that highly. i mean when you look at rodgers, brady, peyton, breese...there's something in their passes (maybe its the throwing motion, maybe its the spiral they give to the ball, i don't know) that makes u shut your eyes wide open and say "wow, that is such a beautiful thing!"..... i just never feel like this when i watch eli's passes....
... and yeah, i know he was on fire in this postseason.... but what about last season?

I just saw in another forum that the Eagles and the Jets could be interested in Moss.

Last two seasons were awful for the Giants (even though the Giants made into playoffs with worst record this season). I understand your point Ben and somehow I agree with it, in a certain I experienced that feeling in the Super Bowl. Brady passes were magnificent and, until the last second, I was like "please God, don't allow them score!" because I felt that he could have thrown every single pass, anytime anywhere. That said, I rate Eli as top5 QB below the likes of Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Peyton (before the injuries) in this order.

Btw, is it true that Mark Sanchez is dating Kate Upton? Damn, lucky bastard!

On a side note, great to see Evo-Webers interested in NFL.

Last edited:
to be honest i would love to see him back, but i'm not sure if there's a franchise out there which would sign him right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg
i love this guy!

andre all your points are absolutely undebeatable, but i just can't bring myself to rate eli that highly. i mean when you look at rodgers, brady, peyton, breese...there's something in their passes (maybe its the throwing motion, maybe its the spiral they give to the ball, i don't know) that makes u shut your eyes wide open and say "wow, that is such a beautiful thing!"..... i just never feel like this when i watch eli's passes....
... and yeah, i know he was on fire in this postseason.... but what about last season?

Ben your so wrong on Eli my brother.. Payton can't be Brady, brees
Sucks on the road, Rogers can't take hits

Guess what Eli does...

Beats brady
Most road playoff wins of all time(regular season is impressive as well)
Takes a licking and keeps on ticking

Easy motherfucking easy E baby

yeah i see what u mean (although i think u're being a bit harsh on peyton and rodgers), and i know there are plenty of reasons to consider eli among the absolute best....

still i don't know.... mentioning in the same phrase brady, brees, rodgers, peyton.... and eli... it just sounds wrong to me. i can't help but feeling eli belongs to the 2 tier (those qb who are great, but just not "legendary".... like rivers)
i will tell u though, if eli will play on this level for 2 more seasons, i will definitely change my mind. :))

yeah i see what u mean (although i think u're being a bit harsh on peyton and rodgers), and i know there are plenty of reasons to consider eli among the absolute best....

still i don't know.... mentioning in the same phrase brady, brees, rodgers, peyton.... and eli... it just sounds wrong to me. i can't help but feeling eli belongs to the 2 tier (those qb who are great, but just not "legendary".... like rivers)
i will tell u though, if eli will play on this level for 2 more seasons, i will definitely change my mind. :))

i really dont understand what else he has to prove...

Back
Top Bottom