NFL Thread

28-23 now yessssss! Shame my bet site dosnt have "football" I would bet SF to win it even when they only had 6 ! After the comeback vs Atlanta I think everything it's possible for them ;) hope they win tonight

Imagine if Russell Wilson had better receivers.

Really pleased Seattle won last night as Denver are the divisional rivals of my Chargers.

I was at the game in San Diego in October 2012 when Denver came back from being 24-0 down at half time to win 35-24. One of the greatest comebacks of all time. That's what they are capable of with Peyton Manning at QB. Last night they were dreadful. Conceding a safety in the first play set the tone for the whole game.

Credit to Seattle. They didn't let Denver play.

Imagine if Russell Wilson had better receivers.[/]
Well I think people forgot about the hurt guy they got from Minnesota actually two guys they got from min.
Harvin and rice , then throw in Tate and Baldwin and lynch that is a lot of weapons. Certainly because of injuries there receivers look avg but I don't think that is the case

Imagine if Russell Wilson had better receivers.[/]
Well I think people forgot about the hurt guy they got from Minnesota actually two guys they got from min.
Harvin and rice , then throw in Tate and Baldwin and lynch that is a lot of weapons. Certainly because of injuries there receivers look avg but I don't think that is the case

Percy Harvin can't be relied on because of his health, the others have made big plays at key moments but overall I'd say their offense (Lynch not included) is above average.

Ya they don't really have a good balanced offense. They rely on their running game and Wilson to make something happen when a play breaks down. Seattle's mantra this year was basically don't turn the ball over on offense and the defense will give you a great chance to win every game. Have to say that their defense is one of the best I have ever seen. It will be hard to keep them all together in this day and age with all the big money contracts that get thrown around. Even though Richard Sherman is a great DB the guy benefits from excellent safety help over the top in form of Thomas and Chancellor, who happen to be the best safety tandem in the league. He can easily be burned one on one by a fast WR if he's not holding or pressing a WR at the line of scrimmage. See Jarius Wright vs Sherman earlier in the year.

I felt cheated in a way, the whole Superbowl game built itself up to that moment when Lady Luck smiled at the Seahawks with that crazy long pass by Wilson that bounced off the Seahawks' player - a one in a million kind of thing. The perfect script for an improbable ending to the final... only for the Seahawks to cock it all up!

Absolutely no need for a pass there, when they had a few downs and all they had to do was to Beast Mode their way through those 5 or so yards.

I'm still in disbelief, when they have one of the best runners to drill that wall and literally walk into the endzone, they go for the risky option and lose a Superbowl thanks to it.

I feel gutted for the Seahawks.

Has to be one of the dumbest play calls in the history of sports, if not the dumbest. That said, who's to say Lynch would've ran it in if given the opportunity? The New England Defensive Back read Wilson's eyes all the way. He jumped the route because Wilson gave it away.

I would never have doubted Lynch could advance 3 yards when it mattered. I can't think of any defense that could have stopped him from doing so.
Even so, you'd still have the option of a decoy by Lynch and run with another player, or pass it sideways like Brady did time and again during the whole match.

Dumbest call indeed.

Back
Top Bottom