PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Hey bros, I was wondering if anyone could help me with PES 2017 sider. I play -2 speed but would like to make the game a bit slower. However, I have no idea how to use the speed module in sider.

View attachment 202491

What values correspond to say.. -2 or -3 speed? If anyone could give me a tutorial on this that'd be cool. Thanks. :TU:

EDIT: tagging @Hayes as maybe he knows :)
it's there mate, if you want to change to -3 just change it to

game.speed = -3.0

*remove the ; first*

Thanks bro!! Yeah I wasn't really sure but it seems simple enough. ;)

I was playing 2017 yesterday at like 3 AM at -2 speed, and the game suddenly sped up quite a bit haha.. I think in "early morning" the game plays faster, maybe just placebo but it was an impression. :LOL:

Wanted to post this here. Scored a Center Back goal in my Reggina 2017 save. I've almost never seen this, a Center Back going forward and looking for the opportunity to score! I love PES 2017 and the algorithms that follow the players' playing style and stats! :TU:

It’s weird I used to love this game. But played some over the weekend and I find it quite boring now, shooting feels too straight and predictable.

Game is ugly as hell too, don’t know what Konami’s graphics dept were a smoking at the time.

I think I found the answer regarding the game speed, it had to do with smoke patch's cpk folder, any cpk needs to be added and renamed under the smoke patch names (I reinstalled the patch), and the speed was back to normal. Game is running great now. :TU:

it might've been placebo, but in any case I think putting different cpk's into smoke patch messed some additional things up, in their instructions they mention that any new cpk that is added must have the given smoke patch cpk names, without regenerating. Could've been my impression though.

Been following the progress of tihs patch for a while now. It is an entirely South-American focused patch which looks amazing. The creator has been working on it for a long time, I'm sure once it's done it's gonna be one of my favorite patches, and for perhaps my favorite PES edition, 2017! :TU:

Please does anyone here know how to buy a game with steam vouchers on this website https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/1458-buy-steam-pro-evolution-soccer-2017-pc-game-steam-europe/
You can’t buy anything using Steam vouchers outside of Steam.

Just create a PayPal account, add a credit account or debit bank account, and buy from Instant Gaming using that. Easy.

One tip for Instant Gaming is to make sure you sign up for an account with the same email address as the one you end up using for your PayPal account, otherwise if they mismatch, Instant Gaming will ask you to upload ID before they release the game key to you after purchase.

You can’t buy anything using Steam vouchers outside of Steam.

Just create a PayPal account, add a credit account or debit bank account, and buy from Instant Gaming using that. Easy.

One tip for Instant Gaming is to make sure you sign up for an account with the same email address as the one you end up using for your PayPal account, otherwise if they mismatch, Instant Gaming will ask you to upload ID before they release the game key to you after purchat
Thanks but il be honest I'm 17 and I don't have an account yet but what I can do is I can buy a steam voucher then send the details to anyone in exchange of helping me to buy the steam game(PES 17).just to be clear i will send the voucher code first.

Last edited:
Guys if someone has the ORIGINAL steam version of PES 2017, can you upload it in mediafire or mega?
Get it from cs.rin.ru. I also got the steam game files from cs.rin.ru ,then I installed smoke patch and chose the non steam game option and the game worked without giving a steam API error.it seems smoke patch 'cracked' the game. If only somebody could compare the gameplay with the original untampered steam version

Last edited:
Hey guys, I dowloaded PES2017 from instantgaming too yesterday, which redirected me to Steam with the game installed. The game runs perfectly fine, but I tried to install a patch (the one from the 12/13 version) and I kept receiving error messages...
It was either the "steam.api.dll" not being found (which I then downloaded and added to the folder) and when I did that, it said there was an error with "access point steam create interface"...
I tried again and again but it doesn't seem to work.

So I was asking myself: is it impossible to download patches over the steam version of PES2017 ? Or is there a way I can fix that ?

Hey guys, I dowloaded PES2017 from instantgaming too yesterday, which redirected me to Steam with the game installed. The game runs perfectly fine, but I tried to install a patch (the one from the 12/13 version) and I kept receiving error messages...
It was either the "steam.api.dll" not being found (which I then downloaded and added to the folder) and when I did that, it said there was an error with "access point steam create interface"...

So I was asking myself: is it impossible to download patches over the steam version of PES2017 ? Or is there a way I can fix that ?
I have never had any issue with modding the Steam version of the game (apart from the ones I created myself by doing something wrong of course).

Try verifying the files in Steam first (to make sure everything is fine, even if it already works without the mod as far as I can understand), then apply the mod again and see what happens.

Screenshot your game folder.

Also what's inside the patch ? Is it include pes2017.exe and cpy.ini ?

I don't think it's officially sold (as in "you log in to Steam and buy it") or supported anymore, so I'd say it should.
(By the way, I don't think Chris would post a copy of the game with it still being up for sale on official channels, so that might also be an official answer to your question).

I don't think it's officially sold (as in "you log in to Steam and buy it") or supported anymore, so I'd say it should.
(By the way, I don't think Chris would post a copy of the game with it still being up for sale on official channels, so that might also be an official answer to your question).
Yeah that was my take on it as well, feels kinda early though.
Me personally owning/buying two Xbox one versions and one 360 version but not having paid for the PC version feel ok with this:)

Thank you for the answers:))
I downloaded steam back again and installed PES2017 again but it still does the same.
Here is the link to the patch I am trying to download: https://evoweb.uk/threads/old-season-patches-2008-2016-by-pro-evo-classic.92212/page-2#post-3959598

The patch is separated in two parts and the instructions seem pretty simple but it fails to work for me.
I extract the part 1 and copy "data2013" and "PES2017 12-13.exe" to my PES 2017 folder.
Then, the process asks me to install the part 2 which I dowloaded so it get installed too.
I finish my moving the "konami" folder into my folders.

But when I try to launch PES 2017 12/13, it says to me that "steam.api dll" is missing, so I downloaded it from the Internet and put it in the PES 2017 folder, but now it tells me that the "SteamInternal-CreateInterface procedure entry point is not found in dynamic link library C:/Users/Seb/Documents/KONAMI/Pro evolution soccer 2017 12-13.exe"...

So I don't really know what to do. What screenshots should I send here ? Screenshots of the PES2017 folder ?

I downloaded Chris's version and extracted the "steam.api", "steamclient" and CPY folders into the Pro Evolution Soccer folder as I deduced these were the missing files.
Now the game can start (with a message stating my computer does not meet required specifications, which I ignore).
But the games launches on a black screen and nothing happens or appears.

EDIT: Tried to do it on Shadow PC (which has great technical specifics so the PC would not be the problem) but same issue…
I launch PES 2017 12/13 and I get a white screen, with a message saying the app doesn’t respond.

I have now tried on 3 different devices and it will never launch. Maybe I just don’t know how to do it exactly but I followed exactly the 5 steps for part 1 and part 2 of the patch.

Last edited:
You’ve misinterpreted the instructions (which admittedly aren’t noob friendly) and ballsed up the install.

The patch is not working because you’ve put everything in Documents/KONAMI, which is only used for save files. You can’t run the game from there because the base game is not stored there.

When the patch instructions refer to the PES 2017 folder, it’s the PES 2017 game folder sitting under C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.

There is a /download folder here, contents of data2013 need to get copied into it, it should overwrite existing DPFileList.bin that is already there. The DPFileList.bin is important as it tells the game what files to load (e.g your patch).

Sv13, specifically the EDIT000000 file, gets copied into Documents/KONAMI/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017/save.

Since you have the full legit game, you shouldn’t need PES 2017 12-13.exe at all, as that is a cracked EXE for those using the CPY version - you have a .exe already good to go in your Steam game folder and running the game from Steam should launch it with the patch active.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Since you have the full legit game, you shouldn’t need PES 2017 12-13.exe at all, as that is a cracked EXE for those using the CPY version - you have a .exe already good to go in your Steam game folder and running the game from Steam should launch it with the patch active.
This. Unless the 12/13 exe includes a starting year fix to make the game display the correct season in ML and BAL.
I don't think it's like FIFA where having the starting year correct is mandatory othewrwise players get the wrong age ingame though, in PES as far as I remember it's only a cosmetic thing.

@Sebgunner98: If you need to change the year manually there's a tool for it, you'll find a link to it in this thread: https://evoweb.uk/threads/★-pes-2017-tools-thread.76665/

Back
Top Bottom