PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Can you guys suggest me the most complete patch you know? I don't care if it's original season or another one between 16/17 and now, I'd just like to download the most polished/complete one around. I'm playing with a PTE atm but I'd like to try something else.

Can you guys suggest me the most complete patch you know? I don't care if it's original season or another one between 16/17 and now, I'd just like to download the most polished/complete one around. I'm playing with a PTE atm but I'd like to try something else.

1670638567156.png

I really like smoke patch, I think it's really easy to install and best of all, it has the Original Season all the way to Spring of 2022, so you can choose your favorite version. I remember I chose 2019-20 for my Reggina story. :RSCARF:

These are the different versions which you can access in the menu (more details inside), and the link

I think you have to download stadiums additionally here I believe is the link. I've been playing my Reggina story with the default stadiums, but if you'd like to set them up with sider, that link gives you the instructions.. I think this is a good option overall. :TU:

Hey guys, thank you all for your suggestions. I ended up downloading a 21/22 SP but i'll take Galaxy in consideration for the future.

Anyway, the patch seems good, except for this one bug I discovered when I randomly tried to play Everton:

2022.12.10-11.56.png

strange thing is that team seems perfectly fine in edit mode, with all players in their place. Any idea why this is happening?

@Madmac79 Couldn't find any solutions in the comments section buddy.. And they stopped responding to requests and questions months ago (I think they abandoned their smoke patch to concentrate fully on Football Life 2023).. I think your best bet would be to try an earlier version of the patch, or reinstall everything, perhaps there was an error in the installation itself..

@Madmac79 Couldn't find any solutions in the comments section buddy.. And they stopped responding to requests and questions months ago (I think they abandoned their smoke patch to concentrate fully on Football Life 2023).. I think your best bet would be to try an earlier version of the patch, or reinstall everything, perhaps there was an error in the installation itself..
Thanks a lot for checking mate, don't worry, I'll just uninstall and reinstall all as you said and if it still gives problem I'll try another one. Cheers ;))

Cool! :) Just so you keep it in mind though, this is what the update includes according to them.. I think the relegation/promotion issue is the big one..

- added a fix for various players not showing boots
- added a fix for Man United and other database fixes
previous updates included:
- updated major winter transfers (+3000 transfers)
- updated player stats (Konami new stats)
- added more youth players
- updated more kits
- recovered some teams previously not showing in the game
- graphic updates (emblems, flags, ...)
- multiple patch system enhancements
- includes the previous updates
* no relegation/promotion for the new season of some leagues, will be upgraded in later versions to preserve current master league modes.

Last edited:
Cool! :) Just so you keep it in mind though, this is what the update includes according to them.. I think the relegation/promotion issue is the big one..

- added a fix for various players not showing boots
- added a fix for Man United and other database fixes
previous updates included:
- updated major winter transfers (+3000 transfers)
- updated player stats (Konami new stats)
- added more youth players
- updated more kits
- recovered some teams previously not showing in the game
- graphic updates (emblems, flags, ...)
- multiple patch system enhancements
- includes the previous updates
* no relegation/promotion for the new season of some leagues, will be upgraded in later versions to preserve current master league modes.

Sorry, I don't really get it. Does this mean that without this update there are no promotions/relegations in some Leagues while doing a Master? Or the opposite, that if I put this update on I won't have them :THINK:? Or that they simply structurally left old relegated/promoted team where they are?

I'm not exactly sure bro since I installed an earlier version (I believe it was the 2019/20 season, promotions/relegations work fine in Italy at least), but I think what they mean is that the update fixes the no promotion/relegation in some leagues.. Take it with a grain of salt though..

I think Ethan Evolution Patch was the MOST complete one, i forgot the season, maybe it's 18/19 or 19/20.

The patch is huge with ton of stadiums. The stadium itself takes around 30gb compressed file.

You'd be lucky if you still can find active link of this patch.

Hey guys! Found a gameplay mod for PES 2017.

(credits go to "WINTECH id")

You have to bypass a lot of links to access it, but I was able to do it. The other observation is, I changed the .cpk name to "New_Gameplay.cpk", regenerated it with DPFilelist (placing it last on the checked list) and it worked. The original name crashed my DPFilelist generator.

1670947761934.png

Last edited:
I've never downloaded any of his stuff because my browser gets mad and will not let me lol. Download links on youtube have always been sketchy for me

After spending a long time (and many days) testing several gameplay mods accross Exhibition, Master League, and Cup mode, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Vanilla PES 2017 offers the best gameplay, or at least the one I like the most. :TU:

The only issue I have with Vanilla (and which is why I was looking for mods in the first place), is the overpowered crossing. (@slamsoze would agree with this). It seems like there is a somewhat disproportionate amount of goals which are scored off crosses (both head and foot), so I wanted to find a mod which fixes this issue.

However, all of the mods I've tried, although they improve upon this one issue, make the game a bit strange in others, and change the gameplay to one that I actually prefer less than the original. The Vanilla gameplay is actually really good and well-balanced.

If only there was a way to edit the DT18 in order to make crosses less overpowered, and leave everything else untouched, that would be the ideal PES 2017 gameplay. But unfortunately I don't know how to do this.. Maybe someone can give it a shot..?

The only issue I have with Vanilla (and which is why I was looking for mods in the first place), is the overpowered crossing. (@slamsoze would agree with this). It seems like there is a somewhat disproportionate amount of goals which are scored off crosses (both head and foot), so I wanted to find a mod which fixes this issue.

the trick is being really bad at advanced shooting... to the point where you're deciding between using that or manual until you realize youve shot it into the 40th row

Guys I have a question about Konami Cup in PES 2017.

Whenever I play Konami Cup games, the stadiums are randomized.. But I'd like to be able to assign stadiums depending on the match (or even a single stadium for the entire competition is fine). I was wondering if this was in any way possible, either in-game or with an external editor.

Guys I have a question about Konami Cup in PES 2017.

Whenever I play Konami Cup games, the stadiums are randomized.. But I'd like to be able to assign stadiums depending on the match (or even a single stadium for the entire competition is fine). I was wondering if this was in any way possible, either in-game or with an external editor.
Stadium server

@Hayes ok, I downloaded Stadium Server from the smoke patch website, and here is the map_competitions text:

# stadiumserver for PES 2017 sider
# stadium-to-competition assignment map
# format: tournament_ID, optional_stadium_id, optional_stadium_name, optional_stadium_path, optional_finals_ID, optional_finals_name, optional_finals_path # optional comment
# => stadium_id - three-digit ID that stadium creator used to make stadium (always write leading 0s - ID 007 is correct, 07 or 7 are not;; 019 is correct, 19 is not)
# => stadium_name - stadium name to be displayed in-game
# => stadium_path - always relative to stadium-server folder, containing either individual stadium (recommended) or stadium pack (avoid if possible)
# => optional_stadium_XXX - OPTIONAL ID, name and path for stadium to be used for every team in every stage of the competition
# => optional_finals_XXX - OPTIONAL ID, name and path for stadium to be used only in competition finals (not appropriate for leagues)
# IMPORTANT:
# 1. all comma-signs are mandatory - 6 per one line!!
# 2. if you want to use optional knock-out stadium for a single stage, then ALL 3 values belonging to that particular stage (e.g. finals) must be provided - ID, name and path
# 3. although both pre-finals stadium and finals stadium are optional, at least one of them must be defined - e.g. something like "39 , , , , , ," is not legal entry
#
# e.g. 13, 007, Old Trafford, Path to My Old Trafford, , , -> use Old Trafford for every match in CL knockout stage
# 13, 007, Old Trafford, EPL\Path to My Old Trafford, 025, Name of CL Finals stadium, Path To My CL Finals stadium -> subfolders are supported too; Old Trafford (007) for every match in CL knockout except in finals (another stadium, with ID 025)
# 13, , , , 025, Name of CL Finals stadium, Path To My CL Finals stadium -> only stadium for competition finals is assigned (group stage and knock-out stage would use ordinary home-team stadiums)

13, , , , 289, Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Ataturk Olympic Stadium # CL Final
20, , , , 210, Baku Olympic Stadium, Baku Olympic Stadium # EL Final
21, , , , 021, Vodafone Arena, Vodafone Arena # SC Final
135, , , , 042, Arena CSKA Moscow, Arena CSKA Moscow # WC Final
84, , , , 005, Wembley Stadium, Wembley Stadium # English Cup final
101, , , , 005, Wembley Stadium, Wembley Stadium # English superCup
87, , , , 045, Stade de France, Stade de France # France Cup final
103, , , , 045, Stade de France, Stade de France # France superCup
85, , , , 035, Wanda Metropolitano, Estadio Wanda Metropolitano # Spanish cup Final
102, , , , 020, Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Estadio Santiago Bernabeu # Spanish superCup
111, , , , 038, Olympiastadion Berlin, Olympiastadion Berlin # Germany cup Final
117, , , , 177, Commerzbank Arena, Commerzbank Arena # Germany superCup
86, , , , 006, Stadio Olimpico, Stadio Olimpico # Italian cup Final
104, , , , 006, Stadio Olimpico, Stadio Olimpico # Italian superCup

In this case, how would I set up the stadium for Konami Cup? It's a it confusing. :LOL: Thanks for your help..

# stadium-to-competition assignment map
# format: tournament_ID, optional_stadium_id, optional_stadium_name, optional_stadium_path, optional_finals_ID, optional_finals_name, optional_finals_path # optional comment
# => stadium_id - three-digit ID that stadium creator used to make stadium (always write leading 0s - ID 007 is correct, 07 or 7 are not;; 019 is correct, 19 is not)
# => stadium_name - stadium name to be displayed in-game
# => stadium_path - always relative to stadium-server folder, containing either individual stadium (recommended) or stadium pack (avoid if possible)
# => optional_stadium_XXX - OPTIONAL ID, name and path for stadium to be used for every team in every stage of the competition
# => optional_finals_XXX - OPTIONAL ID, name and path for stadium to be used only in competition finals (not appropriate for leagues)

# IMPORTANT:
# 1. all comma-signs are mandatory - 6 per one line!!
# 2. if you want to use optional knock-out stadium for a single stage, then ALL 3 values belonging to that particular stage (e.g. finals) must be provided - ID, name and path
# 3. although both pre-finals stadium and finals stadium are optional, at least one of them must be defined - e.g. something like "39 , , , , , ," is not legal entry

# e.g. 13, 007, Old Trafford, Path to My Old Trafford, , , -> use Old Trafford for every match in CL knockout stage
# 13, 007, Old Trafford, EPL\Path to My Old Trafford, 025, Name of CL Finals stadium, Path To My CL Finals stadium -> subfolders are supported too; Old Trafford (007) for every match in CL knockout except in finals (another stadium, with ID 025)
# 13, , , , 025, Name of CL Finals stadium, Path To My CL Finals stadium -> only stadium for competition finals is assigned (group stage and knock-out stage would use ordinary home-team stadiums)

i dont recommend to download from SP for any sider module related cause sometimes they removed few things in the past.

155 is Konami cup ID, you can see all tournament ID inside \doc folder (idk if smoke removed it or not). I think you can only set 1 stadium for pes 2017 konami cup unlike PES 2020/2021 where you can change it from group stage to knockout.

Just follow all steps from zlac above, it's basically the samething when you assign home stadium with map_teams so i assume you already familiar with it.

for example if i want to assign Ataturk Olympic Stadium as my stadium for konami cup it should be like this

155, , , , 289, Ataturk Olympic Stadium, TUR - Ataturk Olympic Stadium #KONAMI CUP

155 = Konami Cup Tournament ID
289 = stadium_id
Ataturk Olympic Stadium = stadium name to be displayed in-game (you know the name that appear in scoreboard when you start the game)
TUR - Ataturk Olympic Stadium = stadium_path it's where i installed my stadium, for example in

D:\Sider PES 2017\content\Stadium-Server\TUR - Ataturk Olympic Stadium

TUR - Ataturk Olympic Stadium is my stadium folder name

and remember all comma-signs has to be 6 !!!

Last edited:
After spending a long time (and many days) testing several gameplay mods accross Exhibition, Master League, and Cup mode, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Vanilla PES 2017 offers the best gameplay, or at least the one I like the most. :TU:

However, all of the mods I've tried, although they improve upon this one issue, make the game a bit strange in others, and change the gameplay to one that I actually prefer less than the original. The Vanilla gameplay is actually really good and well-balanced.

If only there was a way to edit the DT18 in order to make crosses less overpowered, and leave everything else untouched, that would be the ideal PES 2017 gameplay. But unfortunately I don't know how to do this.. Maybe someone can give it a shot..?

I forgot to answer this one. Open dt18 with PESGameplay Editor (choose PES 2019) --> constant_player.bin --> shoot.o. You need to change this part

for example change normal shoot gage mid & max from 120 to below 100, you'll see the difference

horeEA7.png

From my experience difference between Control Shoot Gage & Normal Shoot Gage is :

Normal Shoot = It's when you press :square: like normal shoot, free kick, corner kick, goal kick
Control Shoot = It's when you control the ball first after other player pass to you, like volley, bicycle kick

Back
Top Bottom