PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta preview (first post updated!)

RuneEdge said:
But where I live, mod chipping a PS2 costs about £70+.
I'll just have to see if I can convince my mate to borrow me his console. He hardly uses it but he can be a bit of an ass when it comes to borrowing stuff to people. Which is why I'll try and bribe him with my PSP. :mrgreen:

Well just buy swap magic for £30, you could get a ps2 and a swap magic kit for less than 70 quid easy ;)

what exactly does swap magic do. do you not need a modchip?

Noted said:
what exactly does swap magic do. do you not need a modchip?
Yep. Swap magic plus a slide card instead of a chip. But you need to use the swap disk each time you want to load a game.

£55 for a PS2 with swap magic? Sounds cheap.
But I currently have no spare money. So I cant afford to buy anything.

I'm just gonna have to go with the "Bribe my mate with my PSP" plan. He's never seen one before and I just went down to his house today with the excuse that I need to borrow a music CD and I used that opportunity to show off my PSP which really impressed him and he even told me to bring it down his house the next time (which is a good sign cuz we dont talk to each other much but this time we did)
I know that he's currently not playing on the PS2 cuz I found out that he doesnt have any new games to play. So he cant use the excuse that he needs the PS2 once the time comes to actually ask for it.
I also know that he used to love his MegaDrive/Genesis so I'm gonna show him the Genesis emulator on my PSP.
Now I just need an excuse for why I want the PS2 off him. I'm thinking about saying that I entered a tournament on PES4 and need something to practice on for a few weeks.
Everything is going according to the plan right now. So by the time WE9 is released, I should have impressed him enough with my PSP that he'd be willing to trade it for the PS2 for a few weeks.

Excellent
mr_burns.png

I'm off down GAME tomorrow to trade in my old PS2 for a shiny new Slimline one. They give 50 bucks for old PS2's plus I'll take a few games, so hopefully I'll only pay less than £40 as the retail price is about £105. Getting a Magic Swap off Ebay, and then gonna pre order WE9... that's me sorted for the next few weeks... now, how to tell the girlfriend?

RuneEdge said:
Now I just need an excuse for why I want the PS2 off him.

Y not just tell him the truth ?

Tom099 said:

Just look at all the work he has put in so far, telling the truth now would waste all those man hours

Zygalski said:
Yep. Swap magic plus a slide card instead of a chip. But you need to use the swap disk each time you want to load a game.

Does it play "all games", if you know what I mean ;)

Also, would the slide card method work with the new slim PS2?

theres a new method for the slimline, its actually easier, silly sony.

Check ebay.

PS - I In No Way Condone The Pirates. I play imported WE and thats it.

cowden_harley update your sig to 10 days ;)

cowden_harley said:
theres a new method for the slimline, its actually easier, silly sony.

Check ebay.

PS - I In No Way Condone The Pirates. I play imported WE and thats it.

Nothing to do with pirating. Is the new slimline method the flip top lid? Is it impossible to use slide card?

Tom099 said:
Cuz the last time I borrowed something off him just for fun, I kept it for too long and it pissed him off.

Noted said:
Nothing to do with pirating. Is the new slimline method the flip top lid? Is it impossible to use slide card?

You can't use a slide card with it but you can get tools to turn it into a flip top. The sensors are covered up so you can use swap magic.

http://www.swapset.com/swaptoolpro.html

There's links on there to UK distributors.

Would it not be easier to just use a flip top? You dont have to use flip top AND a slide card do you?

No, but you cant use either on the slimline because they don't fit.

Anyway that link I showed is easier because you don't need to open the PS2 to fit it.

Hang on. On swapmagic.com it says theres a specific flip top for the new slim ps2 :D

I saw a swap magic for £12 inc. p+p on eBay yesterday.

Jide - Have you managed to do the flip-flap yet?

Noted said:
Hang on. On swapmagic.com it says theres a specific flip top for the new slim ps2 :D

Yeah there is, but it means changing the lid, which is a bit pointless when you can keep it cosmetically as it is,

They're Jide's original screenshots posted here. ;)

WASSUP Everybody ,I'm new (a rookie,a newbie),I've spent most of times in neoseeker ,but since it's here that the real infos comes ,here am I ,glad to meet y'all.Got a question do you know where Jiide is testing the game ,I mean Country (the most sollicited member these days)

He's from the UK, but that doesn't really matter, as Konami has sent out about 1000 Beta trials to online testers throughout Europe. So they're all over the place, just not as vocal as he has been.

Also, welcome. ;)

hi kouroux im henry is a legend of neoseeker im new asweel and had the same idea as you

I wonder why we always get so many new members at this time of year ;)

I personally think its the smell of ripe Parsley from Wrighty's vegetable garden.

LOL, well I didn't want to mention it. But you can get away with so...;)

Not heard anything from Jide for a while, but to be honest I don't think I'd be here all the time when I have the greatest game ever in my possesion :D

Anyway when you get back Jide I'd love to see some more vids, I don't know if it's possible for you to record the replay angle from the stands? Would like to see it if you could though :D

Back
Top Bottom