Real Madrid Thread

say what you want, but you displayed dominance because Madrid was total shit.
not the other way around.

and if I was fanatic, I would never admit that my team is shit.

and you too should know that your team isn't doing good this season, in terms of playstyle of course.
but as always, you barça supporters always change your opinions according to results ..

it took you just one game to see your team as the best team in the world after two months of insulting players and Enrique for poor performance.

We may live in different realities, then.

Barcelona started the season with some deffensive problems, and had a lot of injuries, but the last month they performed very well. Even in the defeat against Sevilla we could have easily won by many goals, it was just unlucky.

Fans are very happy with the team performances so far, considering that at one time we only had 12 eligible players from the first team (Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Alves, Mascherano, Vermaelen, Adriano and Rafinha were out, Turan and Vidal can't play until January).

I don't remember anyone insulting the players or Luis Enrique, just the opposite, fans were chanting the names of the players and the coach at the stadium during the last month. I was there, I was one of the cheering mass, so I know what I'm talking about.

It's not about performing well in a single match, it's about the potential. We have recovered the best Busquets and the best Iniesta. If Messi gets fit again, it can only improve what's already great teamplay. That's certain.

In the case of Real Madrid, it's uncertain what this team will evolve to. They have loads of talent, but miss a clear gameplan, a root idea they can stick to.

This is the endless discussion: are matches won because the winning teams are good or because the loosing team are bad? I think in this case Madrid were bad, but Barcelona also extremely good.

It's obvious that Benitez could have played a more suitable team. he selected the eleven best players (available), but that isn't necessary the best team.

Did he do this to make a point to Florentino Perez? I don't think so. You don't do this against your biggest rival (not every Real fan is fanatic like jihado, but there is no love lost between your average Real Madrid fan and Barcelona).

I think he felt obliged (by Perez) to play all their galacticos and thus field an unsuitable team.

I'm over the moon Barcelona won (oh yes, Florentino Perez' Real Madrid are the only team i always want to see loosing matches), because they are building teams and not buying all the best players in the world while being short of money and that in a country that is in the middle of a very severe crisis.

i don't want to see football go this way, with all the stars playing for one team (not even if it would be my favourite team).

Perez is very bad for Spanish football and i think in the long run also for Real Madrid.

I don't understand why Benitez took this job after what happened to Ancelotti.

untill Real Madrid doesn´t change their strategy of building a club, Barcelona won´t have any competition on field...

Barca are just more stable they had players on I never heard of on. Although I wanted RM to win ...Barca took advantage of all the RM`s errors.

here's a very good analysis that confirms my opinion about the game.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2015/11...eal-disorganisation-allows-barca-to-run-riot/

many here think that I'm driven by fanatism, well, I'm not obliged to deny, but any neutral can easily spot what really happened and why Barcelona found it easy to win that night.

No. The article confirms only half of your assumptions (real played poorly and coaching was terrible) but confirms the general oppinion on the game: barceloan was brilliant, both in the bench and in the grass.

Fanatism is when you said that Barcelona played poorly, or saying that any other team could have won Barcelona that day. I guess you saw what happened to Roma and Real Sociedad, maybe we were really poor again.

Fanatism is when you said that Barcelona played poorly, or saying that any other team could have won Barcelona that day. I guess you saw what happened to Roma and Real Sociedad, maybe we were really poor again.

I didn't say you played poorly, I said you were poor also. and by that I meant you excelled relatively only when RM got really shitty. watch the game again and you will see that all along the game there were too many times when your players gave wrong passes, sometimes misplaced players.
first goal just made it easier for you to not get affected by your big flaws that night. After that, you looked good, as I said, because RM players game ended early, they were a complete mess.

that's why I said any other good team will beat you, I won't say Bayern because they would have won easily more than 3-0 (they also would have beaten that Madrid at least 8-0), let's say maybe the likes of Dortmund, Liverpool, Juventus, ...

about Roma and Sociedad, as last 2 seasons, RM gives you the boost in your worst times, beating Madrid 4-0 is a game changing, it gave you an extreme confidence, and I believe confidence is as important as physical condition in football.
you'll continue to trash some teams for a little while, until some complicated game reduces that amount of hype.

you would never perform like that against Roma and Sociedad, if you lost against Madrid, and you know that.

Last edited:
I didn't say you played poorly, I said you were poor also. and by that I meant you excelled relatively only when RM got really shitty. watch the game again and you will see that all along the game there were too many times when your players gave wrong passes, sometimes misplaced players.
first goal just made it easier for you to not get affected by your big flaws that night. After that, you looked good, as I said, because RM players game ended early, they were a complete mess.

that's why I said any other good team will beat you, I won't say Bayern because they would have won easily more than 3-0 (they also would have beaten that Madrid at least 8-0), let's say maybe the likes of Dortmund, Liverpool, Juventus, ...

about Roma and Sociedad, as last 2 seasons, RM gives you the boost in your worst times, beating Madrid 4-0 is a game changing, it gave you an extreme confidence, and I believe confidence is as important as physical condition in football.
you'll continue to trash some teams for a little while, until some complicated game reduces that amount of hype.

you would never perform like that against Roma and Sociedad, if you lost against Madrid, and you know that.

Most self-delusive post of the year?

This is the endless discussion: are matches won because the winning teams are good or because the loosing team are bad? I think in this case Madrid were bad, but Barcelona also extremely good.

It's obvious that Benitez could have played a more suitable team. he selected the eleven best players (available), but that isn't necessary the best team.

Did he do this to make a point to Florentino Perez? I don't think so. You don't do this against your biggest rival (not every Real fan is fanatic like jihado, but there is no love lost between your average Real Madrid fan and Barcelona).

I think he felt obliged (by Perez) to play all their galacticos and thus field an unsuitable team.

I'm over the moon Barcelona won (oh yes, Florentino Perez' Real Madrid are the only team i always want to see loosing matches), because they are building teams and not buying all the best players in the world while being short of money and that in a country that is in the middle of a very severe crisis.

i don't want to see football go this way, with all the stars playing for one team (not even if it would be my favourite team).

Perez is very bad for Spanish football and i think in the long run also for Real Madrid.

I don't understand why Benitez took this job after what happened to Ancelotti.

Well, good for his bank account and CV ;)

apparently Benitez has been sacked and Zinedine Zidane will take over.

Transfer Related @TransferRelated

BREAKING: Rafa Benitez sacked as Real Madrid manager. Zinedine Zidane to take over from tomorrow. [Onda Cero]

I've also read that there is a press conference at Bernabeu just couple of minutes away.

AS also reports that Santiago Solari is most probably going to be Zidane's assistant

Last edited:
Rafa what a bad coach 4 pts behind the top leader -_-

bosses from 1994

1451931338_434198_1451931392_noticia_grande.jpg

When Zidane fails whatever fails means 3 pts behind the top or (1) trophy. Who will be to blame, if not Perez ? Then who?

I wonder if Zidane will still be coach at the end of the season.
Always lovend him as a player, but not sure if this was a wise move.

Om the other hand, i had the same reaction when Pep took over at Barca.

Madrid should get rid of Perez.

Zidane will get the respect of the players, so that's already better than Benitez (if the press is to be believed), but it is the tactical side which people will question and if he can provide there.

I'd love for him to succeed at Real, but I also want him to fail so Perez would step-down...kind of hoped that he said no now...hm...

Hope it goes well for Zizou, the 2nd best player I've ever saw behind Maradona.

Just looked so classy and made football look so easy.

Mind you outwith managerial moves etc, watching the game at the weekend further puts the seed in my head about the refs and decisions that go for Barcelona, it's always said by people Real get the decisions, but I don't see that myself.

Whilst I like Real more, I still love watching Barca, but just think there are some funny goings on in La Liga.

The weekends football was a prime example, stonewall penalty not given for Bale and whilst I can see how the ref may have given the penalty for Valencia, the decision seconds before negates that for me and to send Pepe off (who is an animal at times) was a complete and utter joke.

Brilliant first goal too from Real.

FD

What a class goodbye from Raffa on his site!

That man has more class in his litle finger than Florentino Perez will ever have in his whole body.

Can't say i have much sympathy for the Madrid fans too...with their stupid white handkerchiefs...can't they see that galactico teams are not the best teams to have long term success. Real Madrid is for years the football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters, they are a bad circus act.

Man City is going in the same direction.

Real are massively underachieving for years now. A team like this should win the CL virutally every year and should win la liga at least every other year.

Oops this was not meant to be an anti-Real rant. I really don't like this club (despite Modric being one of my favourite players).

I'm sorry...

Perez ruins the fotballistic side of the club, he buys stars to sell shirts, in order to make the club richer, that's what he does always, only Mourinho stood in his way and kept him from buying galacticos, that way Mourinho built a really strong team with players who then became stars.
After Mourinho, the shirts sellers are bought again (Bale, James) with no real need for them, in fact buying such players means selling players who are crucial to the team (Ozil, Di Maria), which affects team stability (BTW, I still believe La Decima can be credited also to Mourinho's work, we saw that in the team's play style that year, and a year later when Carlo's philosophy took place the team wasn't that good).
Perez doesn't believe in team building, I swear whoever you bring as a coach, won't do anything better than Carlo or Benitez, it's a problem of a policy.

of course by accusing Perez, I can't forget to accuse also players (stars) who think they are bigger than the team, and their lobbies in the media. They formed a mentality of (sorry for the words) pussy-ness and bitch-iness.

I seriously hope this transfer ban against RM happens, even if the accusations are false, just to not see those big transfers of shirt sellers.
I'm with everything against Perez's transfer policy.
I want to see Madrid build, not buy the likes of Bale & James (they are really good players) for selling shirts which results in selling the likes of Di Maria, Callejon & Ozil. and the irony, the transfers fees of this trio combined is still less than 80 millions of James.

5-1 today against Gijon. Ronaldo scored 2, but he should have been sent off for his aggression against Nacho Cases.:R1

FIFA rejects appeals from Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid and both clubs are banned from registering players in next two transfer windows.

Screwed! Done! Griesman is staying for at least 2 more windows.

since winter break is here for Real Madrid in La Liga I thought I would just write my short opinion on this season so far...

I can say that I can't really remember when was the last time I was this nervous before RM game...they usually had played so well that you could almost write 3 points down before the game has even started or they were so bad that you just knew it won't end good.
But this season is a strange one. They aren't playing that beautiful, but they are all pushing as one team. When they have the result they sometimes turn off too soon and then mistakes happen (like against Deportivo this weekend). But even with playing below their 100% results are coming in. 35 games in a row unbeaten (new club record), 1st place in La Liga, went through the group stage in CL again...
It may be luck, it may be just the team pushing when they have to, but I think it is showing how good this squad is that even when they don't play well they take point(s) away from that game

Back
Top Bottom