Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

Balotelli. :SHAKE:
didn't see the match, what did he do this time?

Abhi said:
What did they say Ben?
Cesare remarked rafa's ability to "build" football teams and to pull always the best out of his players... he spent about 5 minutes talking about his tactical knowledge.

rafa on the other side said that, despite being so young, cesare must be considered as a "football professor", a "teacher"

WOW! Fiorentina have been absolutely brilliant. First game of theirs I've seen this season. Outplayed and outclassed.

Disappointments of the season:

Fiorentina 5-8th - I just don't see it in them. I think they will do very well with what they have, but I really think they needed a 'european' signing to move a step up from the last 2 seasons. They have a great attack but I think they lack cutting edge and a strong leader.

Napoli 6-9th - Great signings, but I can't see Donadoni being the right man to lead Napoli to the top, I consider him to be too conservative for them.

Livorno - Great fans, but I'm disappointed by their transfers. They do however have Tavano and Lucarelli up front - great pair.

Seems I'm on track so far :P

Is it possible to feel happy that Liverpool lost? Really, I'm not exactly chuffed, but great to see Fiorentina, and Prandelli do well. I have man love for Prandelli :P

Hopefully, this is a slap in the fact of 'PL is stronger than Serie A'

Ben I hope your father will recover fast :)

I still don't believe in Fiorentina match, IMO this match will finish in their history ;))

WOW! Fiorentina have been absolutely brilliant. First game of theirs I've seen this season. Outplayed and outclassed.

It's their first match this season that I've seen the Fiorentina team that I cheer for. There have been flashes on brilliants in certain matches for them this season, but this was close to a flawless game. They did no long balls into the box like I have been witnessing ALL season. They when to tight passes, and fantastic build ups and vision. It looked at times that they were psychic and all on the same page.

If I were to look at a ratings system for this match. I'd expect something like:
Jovetic 9.0 - his best quality and effort was shown. Really took over the game in the whole half of the field.
Zanetti 8.5 - He was brilliant in defense, and was the person involved in getting the the great short passes going in the midfield
Montolivo 6.0 - not bad, didn't do anything wrong, and had some really quality plays
Gamberini 8.5 - have not seen a EPL defender handle Torres in 1v1 situations that well this season.

Just to name a few that I'd want to grade. But solid job in Defense by Gobbi, and great job by Comotto pushing up the right side. Marchionni made a few mistakes that made me irrate in the 1st half...but really showed his worth also. His effort, and occassional runs and brilliant passes, and worth it. Not to mention in the last few matches I have noticed Marchionni's quality tackling. Vargas was the standard LMF version of Vargas. Not getting too involved in the short passing game, but getting into space on the left side to fire in a cross or shot...was effective. Mutu is not the same Mutu I'm used to...but his effort was there, and occassional quality. He benefited from Jovetic's effort. Frey was brilliant as usual. Dainelli was unbeatable in arial challenges which was very huge.

Last edited:

yeah it was a composed game by the whole team, really good performances all over the pitch. that jovetic kid is something special, ive seen a couple fiorentina matches this season and hes been quality every time. its one thing to do it in the Serie A a couple times but its good to see that the big stage doesnt change anything.

mutu was pretty average by his standards though, hes just coming back from injury right?

mutu was pretty average by his standards though, hes just coming back from injury right?

yeah, adrian still has to find his best form this season.

anyhow, quite a performance from fiorentina yesterday. i got to say i really didn't expect such a result. first of, because fiorentina still didn't show his football this season (until yesterday, i mean). one way or another, they always delivered (in the champions league premilimary and in the first matches of serie a season), but they never really displayed their usual football (or at least they didn't whenever i saw them).
second because facing a top club like liverpool without your 2 most important offensive players (gilardino was suspended and mutu is still far from having a decent form) is really hard.
and finally because fiorentina never displayed his football in champions league (it happened last season aswell). as soon as they hear the champions league anthem the players legs get heavy. they always felt too much pressure in champions league fixtures to mantain their coolness and play as they do in serie a (wich is pretty understandable for such a young team).
hopefully this result will boost their confidence and shake the fear away from their shoulders and legs.

Jason, u're right, gamberini showed his class.... but i have to disagree about marchionni; i thought he was great yesterday. :))

Leo said:
Ben I hope your father will recover fast
thanks bro :))

abou said:
Got himself needlessly sent off as Inter were getting back in the game
oh dear :CONF:
i do realise he's still just 19, but he should really calm down now and show he's growing up, or mourinho will nail him to the bench again, as he already did last season.

abhishek said:
Is it possible to feel happy that Liverpool lost? Really, I'm not exactly chuffed, but great to see Fiorentina, and Prandelli do well. I have man love for Prandelli
that's because you're a class act with a great sense of fair play, mate ;)
as for your crush for prandelli, i don't know... he's definitely a classy man, but i just can't get to like his hairstyle :P
:COAT:

Last edited:

Referee was a bit harsh on Balotelli IMO.

Juve-Bayern is the game to watch. I don't watch Bayern very much but they have 2 super fast wingers and just the guys to finish. Should be nice.

another sad day for milan fans, i didnt get the chance to see the game but the result speaks for itself, the fact it was at home too.

oh well maybe its like you say lo zio it'll take a season like this to shock the owners into re-building.

IMO Tihinen goal was 95% luck :D

BTW I predicted Milan's crisis start about 10 matches, but it seems they already have hard times....

Maybe i can't read Italian (lol) but is Leos future going to be decided upon the game against Atalanta? Is that what Gazzetta states?

It really wasn't. I watched their last 3 games, and he has tried similar back heels infront of goal. Not on a volley...but still it is something he is quite skilled at.
I didn't know it, thanks for notice ;)

I'm glad Zenga is Palermo's coach. He has more incentive to beat Juve with him being a former Inter player :D Vai Palermo

imo Balotelli is the future, Hopefully Arsenal !I saw the Inter match and the best celebration came from Mourinho looked like Michael Jordan there tongue sticking out :BOP:

Juve lost to palermo.. ?? Wtf is happening to juve?

they lost to palermo, mate... not stoke city or wigan... we're having some problems this season, but take a look at our squad, and u'll realise there's no shame in loosing against palermo ;)

juve might be facing a bad form period, i don't know, as i haven't watched them very much lately.... maybe it's always the same old problem (the lack of a regista in the middle.... on this concern a "journalist" on tuttosport, a crappy juve newspaper wrote today he is disappointed by melo's performances.... what an idiot, first they celebrate the signing of a player they don't even know, and then, once they realise what kind of player they bought, they blame him for being what he is :CONF: )

anyhow it must be said, even barca would have lost to us yesterday, as we were simply on fire (infact i'm pretty sure this is going to be our seasonal best performance).
palermo has always been a tough playground for juve... and having so many former juventus players (balzaretti, cassani, nocerino,miccoli) was a big boost to our players motivations.

when u face a high quality team, with such strong motivations, whose players are focused and cool for the whole match, playing at their home (wich is also a pretty loud home), well it isn't an easy situation to handle.

anyhow what should u do when your opponents are forcing u to play at such a high rhythm? what should u do when your opponents are pressing u all over the place, in order to slow down the tempo of the game and get in control of the match?
u stay short, "compact" on the pitch and rely on your regista, of course.
so if Ciro would have lined up d'agostino yesterday, maybe..... oh no wait, juve didn't buy d'agostino this summer.... because, at 18 millions, they thought he was too expensive!!! :ROLL:
nice going Secco!!!! :CONF:

one last thing
7304.jpg

this is Andrea Poli. sampdoria's 20 years old central midfielder...... remember this face and this name guys. this kid is history in the making!!! :))

speaking of great youngsters, there was a man utd scout yesterday in palermo, following kjaer.....:PRAY: please sir alex, one more season, just one more season!

@ zerovector: nice signature mate, didn't notice it before :)) ...we can say everything we want about jose, but we just can't deny he can be so much fun (when he's in the right mood)

another week, another goal from pazzini... will he ever stop? and will lippi ever notice him??? :RANT:

Last edited:

The one time I saw Poli I didn't know who he was and why he was starting over Tissone & Dessena. But in watching him I thought he was a very good player....then came to find out he was only 20. I'd like to learn more about him as he develops.

I hope I recorded the Palermo v Juve match. Btw, I am planning on posting a set of stats for Kjaer this week as a sort of response to GoonerLover66 posting a set of stats for one of the best young CBs in the world right now Velez Sarsfield's Nicolás Otamendi. I don't plan on posting much of a description of Kjaer(as I am quite lazy these days)...but I'd love for your input in either my thread or via PM.

Congrats on the big 3 points vs Juve Ben. It allowed me to not be too upset with Fiorentina getting screwed out of 2 points on a ball that appeared to go over the line. When will they allow for technology to step in on a play that seems easy to get right. Did the ball cross the plane of the goal line. It really shouldn't be subjective. Can't they make sensors like in hockey...grrr.

i saw this Andrea Poli kid against inter, he played very well. he kept making good off the ball runs into the opponent's penalty box, seemed pretty fast and has some good dribbling. most importantly he continually tracked back and harassed the Inter midfielders and kept nicking the ball off them. Could you enlighten me more on this kid's game, lo zio?

Juve lost to palermo.. ?? Wtf is happening to juve?
:LOL: really, you under estimate Palermo. They're really belong in the top half of the table, around 6th or 7th position, but they've had problems including the injured Liverani and Cavani's shooting :APPLAUD:

(the lack of a regista in the middle.... on this concern a "journalist" on tuttosport, a crappy juve newspaper wrote today he is disappointed by melo's performances.... what an idiot, first they celebrate the signing of a player they don't even know, and then, once they realise what kind of player they bought, they blame him for being what he is :CONF: )

It may have been in reference to Melo's touches on the ball. He tends to over elaborate on the ball and get dispossessed easily. But for me he has been quite disappointing so far this season, Juve would've been much better off with D'Ago.

so if Ciro would have lined up d'agostino yesterday, maybe..... oh no wait, juve didn't buy d'agostino this summer.... because, at 18 millions, they thought he was too expensive!!! :ROLL:
nice going Secco!!!! :CONF:
:LOL: Agreed. But versus Inter he wasn't his usual self. By the way, I read an interview by Zenga and apparently Palermo played in a 3-4-1-2 formation, with Migliaccio playing in defence alongside Kjaer and Bovo, Simplico and Bresciano as defensive midfielders, Cassani and Balzaretti wide, Pastore in the hole behind Miccoli and Cavani. I watched the game and I thought it was there typical 4-3-1-2, with Simplico starting out in the hole and Pastore wide left, and then Pastore playing in the hole, Simplico playing as the regista and Bresciano out wide?? I'm so confused. Anyway it was a great game... Cavani finally got one on target :APPLAUD: And Sirigu, where'd he come from? Good keeper, excellent save vs Diego (yes he did touch it) .

this is Andrea Poli. sampdoria's 20 years old central midfielder...... remember this face and this name guys. this kid is history in the making!!! :))
He's okay. Bolzoni was a much more refined player with better passing skills. And now he's with Frosinone in Serie B :ANX: . Poli has good energy tho, always running and full of effort. Anyone heard of Rene Krhin with Inter? Good box-to-box midfielder currently playing as a regista. Only 19. Hopefully he'll get more playtime under Mourinho.

I hear Donadoni is out. It's about time. Enter Mancini :APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom