Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

Worse is "peggio di" and Worst is "peggiore"...
So you could say "Italy is worse than the other 4" or "Italy is the worst of the 5" :)

btw let's hope Juventus gets a damn passer in the midfield, Ledesma or D'Agostino are the best choices right now (hypotizing they'll price Gaetano much lower than this summer)... I'd really like to see them play with some sense again :)

So you could say "Italy is worse than the other 4" or "Italy is the worst of the 5" :)

btw let's hope Juventus gets a damn passer in the midfield, Ledesma or D'Agostino are the best choices right now (hypotizing they'll price Gaetano much lower than this summer)... I'd really like to see them play with some sense again :)
actual juve is like this :P

upup.jpg.gif

upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif

upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif

upup.jpg.gif
upup.jpg.gif

All.:
10.gif

Worst is correct. :)

Best
Better
SUBJECT
Worse
Worst

Best and worst describe the 1st and last and better and worse is anything in between. So say Germany has the best stadiums, Spains are worse than Germanys but Italy has the worst. Does that make sense?
dafrenz said:
So you could say "Italy is worse than the other 4" or "Italy is the worst of the 5"
perfect. so "worse" is the comparative form, while "worst" is the superlative.
thanks guys, really appreciate it :))
btw, to our english members here, anytime u notice a grammatical mistake in my posts, i'd be very grateful if u would correct me :))

hey there said:
Talking about market, i think Kjaer will move to AC Milan and for sure not in England (I red and interview in which he said he would never move out of italy and stuff like that. Seriously hope he's not a piece of crap like Ibrahimovic.), and yes, Uncle Fester DEFINITELY have to buy Ranocchia. Nesta won't last forever.
really? i didn't know about this interview. i remember him saying he has always been a liverpool fan (back when the rumours about man utd scouts in palermo popped out), so i thought there was a "hidden agenda" behind that statement.... and the fact that liverpool could use him much more than man utd (he would be a starter straight away in liverpool, and he would join his national team rolepartner agger) made me believe a move to liverpool was in the books (and with this i'm also replying to u abhi ;) )

however i don't think galliani would be interested in kjaer... simon is just too good (and also too expensive) to be a backup. and given the new pennywise milan market strategy, i'm not sure galliani would spend those money on another young cb.... considering he already spent quite a 10 millions on silva just 1 year ago.

and there's also another factor that makes me think kjaer won't be a rossonero. Simon today is starting 11 material.... even for a top club. he's aware of that, and won't accept an offer from a club which would use him as a backup.... and in milan he would be a backup, coz they definitely won't relegate silva to the backup role (they invested on him and he's also doing very well).... and nesta is absolutely untouchable as long as he's fit.

that's why ranocchia or bonucci seem to me to be much "easier to reach" targets for milan... they're both very young and enourmously talented (as a matter of fact they joined that new golden generation: kjaer, pique, evans, silva, otamendi, bocchetti, criscito...), but unlike those other guys, they didn't reach yet that "unquestionable starter" status, and they might come cheap (i mean relatively cheap), as bari (being a small club) will have to sell both of em in a couple of years.
but that's just speculation and i might well be completely wrong.
dafrenz said:
btw let's hope Juventus gets a damn passer in the midfield, Ledesma or D'Agostino are the best choices right now (hypotizing they'll price Gaetano much lower than this summer)... I'd really like to see them play with some sense again
a regista is obviously necessary (i seriously doubt pozzo will accept even a single cent less than what he asked this summer... ledesma is much more affordable, imo)..... but i'm afraid juventus needs much more than just a regista right now.

Pastore scored a good goal against Catalonia, on his Argentina debut. :D

i overlooked your port mate.... and i didn't even know about that beauty.... just saw it on utube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkaTcrwZcfo
sweet.

btw, goal apart, this kid can play football, that's for sure. :))

all the goals of this weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbowwlVTK98&feature=PlayList&p=E589D1621213F769&index=1
thanks to Gigi for finding this great utube video uploader :))
nice goals by quagliarella and borriello :))

Last edited:

ranocchia and bonucci are much cheaper right now (and i'm starting to believe they have even more potential than kjaer and evans).

I'm not totally sure about it. For what I know Ranocchia is loaned from Genoa, and Bonucci is on co-ownership with Genoa.
I'm thinking Preziosi will re-buy Bonucci and sold him to Inter, Bonucci was an Inter Primavera player so he can be useful also for UEFA list (same with Pandev); we all know Inter-Genoa friendship and I hope they will do this move (obviously Moratti will pay a lot, and Preziosi will say "it's always a pleasure to make business with you").

I think Preziosi will make moneys also from Ranocchia, but I doubt Milan will buy him, they already have Nesta-Silva who is a solid couple

:CONFUSE:
i didn't know they were both genoa players! that changes everything then. Preziosi will probably bring back ranocchia and sell bonucci to inter, as, being him a former inter primavera player (another thing i didn't know) that'll probably be his destination (especially considering how important it is to have quality "home products" for the champions league list nowadays).

@ lo zio

perfectly written, i see francesco playing since ca. 1997, it shapes your view on football !

and im not from italy, i cant even speak italian

Thanks for those goals Ben...i really loved Bati's first and (even more) Palermo's first goal (was that Cavani ?)

PS: did the witch bring coal or sugar ?

anybody catch the Inter-Siena thriller yesterday? God football can be cruel.

Yeah it was really cruel on Siena, especially as Inter didn't even look bothered for most of the match and they played quite badly. It shows what a difference having a good freekick taker can make for your side (something we're really missing at United). Two freekicks from distance by Sneijder but using a different technique for each :APPLAUD:, wish we'd got him at that price, it's things like that that change a defeat into a draw or a victory and helps win you titles.

actually Inter lack of midfielders (apart of youngsters like Khrin) that's why Mourinho have to play with the crazy 4-2-1-3. And obviously the team played a bad game.

Also I noticed a good thing: on the bench there were 5 youngs: Donati, Crisetig, Stevanovic, Alibec and Arnautovic. So I think Mourinho wasn't joking when he said that he wanted a young team like Barça. But the problem is Inter haven't an awesome gameplay to interact better with youngs...

Last edited:

Too bad Inter didn't field a single Italian yesterday again!!! Inter are so lucky.

:CONFUSE: it`s happening there too! I always thought in Italy will never see the day. Well, I consider Agries 1/2 italian anyhow :)) both produce great wine

Boring game, AC Milan by far too superior against a team that has merely the same shirt as FC Juventus and wins by simply controlling the game without creating much, it was like watching pros against an amateur team, and I feel kinda sorry for it, Juventus deserves better.

I'm seriously starting to believe that Nesta - Thiago Silva is the best couple of central backs in europe, Amauri didn't see a ball. Borriello is FAR better than the brazilian in every aspect.

Diego is wasted and left too alone, hope for him he goes away and finds a team that is capable to exploit his qualities.

Manninger; Grosso Chiellini Cannavaro Grygera; Melo Poulsen Marchisio Diego Salihamidzic; Amauri

Wtf is this team anyways?
Grosso and Grygera barely played at all, they were just spectators of this awful game, none attacked, none of them defended sh*t; Cannavaro is old and doesn't deserve to be a starter next to Chiellini, Juve clearly need a CB to partnership with him, and Cannavaro isn't the right choice.
Melo another game showing the epic fail that he is, i didn't see him to a single thing right, he is just a catastrophe; Poulsen was another empty shell like Marchisio; Salihamidzic saw some ball but he neither has the pace, nor the technique do do much during the game, was by far with Diego the only ones that actually seemed to care about this game.
Amauri, was the poor girl left alone in-between Nesta and Thiago that completely obliterated his actions.

Ciro says he isn't doing to leave the job, but honestly who cares when your 12 points behind Inter, you dropped out of CL and your squad is awfully built?

Man did anyone see Nesta-Silva destroying Juve? Absolutely awesome. Pirlo and Antonini were also very very careful and were perfect all game. Beckham really adds another dimension to this team... his crossing is absolutely amazing. Borriello was a perfect target man.... holding the ball, bringing others into play, and creating chances. I hope he goes to the WC!

Poor Juve... Mel was called 'Fantozzi" on ControCampo... which is a famous tv character similar to Mr Bean. Amauri was invisible, and Diego - poor guy tried so hard but just couldn't do anything.

:CONFUSE: it`s happening there too! I always thought in Italy will never see the day. Well, I consider Agries 1/2 italian anyhow :)) both produce great wine

inter has always been like this bebo. ever since moratti took over, inter has been the least "italian" team in serie a. however, u do have a point, about the argies been "half italians", although it's not about the wine. as a matter of fact, 25 millions argies have italian roots. and since the total argentinian population is about 40 millions people, more than half of the argentinian population comes from italy. and i'm not talking about an ancient emigration process... it's something pretty recent; so when i say "italian roots" i don't mean "italian ancestors" but italian parents or granparents.
and the inter roster also reflects this situation, as 3 out of 4 argies (milito, cambiasso and zanetti) have italian roots. samuel is the only 100% pure argentinian in inter.
milanista said:
Inter are so lucky
i wouldn't talk about luck stef. theese sort of comebacks became quite an habit for inter. mourinho should get credit for that. that's infact his only real skill. enough with theese bulls**ts about his great comunicating skills. josè is an awful coomunicator and a very poor tactician. but there's something he's a master in: forging the mentality of a team. the strong personality of this team, the "die hard" attitude this inter shows with theese kind of performances, that's the result of mourinho's work.
let's be fair, that's the only thing jose is good at, so let's give him the credit he deserves :P

oh and as for siena, what a shame. what their chaiman did makes me sick... this was such a nice team. a small team with some very nice players and a very good coach.... playing some really nice football..... that until this summer, then, that bastard sold portanova, zuniga, kharja, galloppa.....he got the cash, fired the coach (yeah sure, u sell all the team's best players, and then it's the coach's fault if the team doesn't deliver anymore), and then he sold the club..... i would be really mad if i were a siena fan right now....... altough that's nothing compared to what the glazers did (selling bonds for 500 million pounds in order to restructure your overdraft? this is sick! and then they say platini holds a grudge against english teams! :CONFUSE: oh boy!).
--------------------------------------------------
concerning juventus, right now it's impossible to talk about the players anymore. it's impossible to judge their performances, as there's just too much "heat" on them.
right now everything that could possibly go wrong, is actually going wrong.
the club made some huge mistakes. firing ranieri was a very stupid idea... it was a move done just to please the fans (wich goes to show the lack of guts, confidence and authority of juve's board)..... hiring ferrara was another bad move, once again a decision taken to please the fans.....
i'm really sick of this "popularity-seeking" demagogic strategy. u're not supposed to get consensus, for crying out loud! u're supposed to win (rectius; to put the team in the best conditions to win)... and silverware will eventually get u the consensus u seem to be desperately looking for!
Machiavelli used to say "a good leader doesn't give the people what the people want, coz what they think they want would kill em. a good leader gives the people what they need".
stop acting like a politician! stop basing your decision on how popular they would appear.
ranieri asked for a replacement for nedved, but we might have a chance to get diego. man, can u imagine what a splash such a fancy signing would made!! Ranieri says diego would not be useful? who cares, he will find a way to have the team playing with him.........
18 millions for d'agostino? are u kidding me! no way i'm gonna spend that money for such a "not cool" player....let's get melo instead! yeah he's a bit more expensive, but hey, he's fancy, he's exotic, he's brazilian and nowadays everone talks about him as the next best thing..... ranieri (who was already the former juve coach those days) said in an interview we don't need melo? that we already have 4 defensive midfielders\metodistas in our roster and that each of them is already much better than melo? that melo won't ever be able to provide the team what d'agostino could? whatever! who cares about ranieri, we know best!

so yes, cobolli gigli, blanc and secco haven't done a single right move yet (apart from sissoko, that was a great buy)..... but they're also very unlucky, as they're paying each of theirs mistakes.... and that's not something that happens very often.
i mean look at milan, they made pretty much the same mistakes juve did. yet leonardo (someway) managed to "hide" milan's flaws (so far). ciro didn't have that luck (or maybe he's just not as good as leonardo) and so every mistake juve did became evident.
the team makes no sense: first ferrara tried the diamond midfield with melo in the regista's spot and obviously it didn't work.... then he tried to go back to the flat midfield line, but obviously, since there's not a replacement for nedved, it didn't work aswell. i mean marchisio played on the left flank against milan and parma!!! what's next trezeguet as a goalkeeper?!?
no wonder the players don't perform, if u make such a mess. a leftback (grosso) playing as a fullback, a box to box midfielder (melo) playing as a regista, a metodista (marchisio) playing as a side midfielder....
and then, just make the situation worse, there were the injuries (sissoko, trezeguet, del piero...) and the bad form issues (let's face it, it's 2 years now, and juventus fans still didn't see the real amauri.... there's something wrong here).

also the melo situation wasn't handled properly. 2 months ago they should have benched him for a while, as there's just too much "heat" on him. give him some time, so he can "reset" his mind and get rid of all that pressure, give him some rest from the fans complaints and criticisms. give him a chance to have a fresh start, and don't try and force him to do what he can't do!
but yet they didn't, ferrara kept him in the starting 11 on a pretty regular basis, and, as a result, now all that pressure is cracking him.... he's freaking out and he can't do even the simplest things anymore.

anyhow, as u can see, there are soo many things going wrong right now, that it's just impossible to judge the team. a new coach will come pretty soon.... this might be a chance to "start over" and try to preserve some dignity for the rest of the season. it's impossible to ask for more than this at this point.

Last edited:

yeah lo zio the wine bit was my opinion . I`m aware of Argentinian roots just like I`m aware Cuba`s biggest tourist comes from visiting Italians.George Clooney thinks he 1/2 Italian now by the way

Thanks for the story about Siena Ben.
Such a shame for one of the big underdogs in the Serie A.
They survived a couple of years with the loest budget in the division. I hope somebody writes a book about what happened there. As a matter of fact, this would be a suitable subject for David Conn.

i wouldn't talk about luck stef. theese sort of comebacks became quite an habit for inter.
it's Pazza Inter for a reason :P
oh and as for siena, what a shame. what their chaiman did makes me sick... this was such a nice team. a small team with some very nice players and a very good coach.... playing some really nice football..... that until this summer, then, that bastard sold portanova, zuniga, kharja, galloppa.....he got the cash, fired the coach (yeah sure, u sell all the team's best players, and then it's the coach's fault if the team doesn't deliver anymore), and then he sold the club.....
He fired one of best italian coach...what an idiot; BTW new president will be Mezzaroma, a banker...............
yet leonardo (someway) managed to "hide" milan's flaws (so far).
but also in TV nobody said too much against Milan, now it seems they are destroying Juve and Ferrara, against Milan and Leonardo nothing.... but we know why :P

@gigi
LOOOOOOOOL :D

Man did anyone see Nesta-Silva destroying Juve? Absolutely awesome. Pirlo and Antonini were also very very careful and were perfect all game. Beckham really adds another dimension to this team... his crossing is absolutely amazing. Borriello was a perfect target man.... holding the ball, bringing others into play, and creating chances. I hope he goes to the WC!

Pirlo is a the kind of player that can win you a match at any second. That's why taking him out of the starting 11 is a no-no at Milan. I think he might have found the right balance with Gattuso.

yeah lo zio the wine bit was my opinion . I`m aware of Argentinian roots just like I`m aware Cuba`s biggest tourist comes from visiting Italians.George Clooney thinks he 1/2 Italian now by the way
well mate, let me put it like this. argentinian wine isn't bad, but the italian production is on a different class. as for cuba, i'm part of that statistic... spent there 3 months in 2004 one of the best summers in my life :))
Gerd said:
Thanks for the story about Siena Ben.
Such a shame for one of the big underdogs in the Serie A.
They survived a couple of years with the loest budget in the division. I hope somebody writes a book about what happened there. As a matter of fact, this would be a suitable subject for David Conn.
let me get this straight, it's not like he did anything illegal.... he just didn't care about the club.... or at least he cared more about his finances....
i think there's no shame in that, but if u don't intend to "feed" your club, then u shouldn't buy it in the first place.
he probably spent more than he expected to buy the club (thank God here in italy LBOs are illegal, so no one can have "the club buying itself", as it happens in england), therefore he probably tried to make up for it by selling the major assetts....
but wouldn't be a better solution to sell the club with his key players and just leave? i mean how much he got from Mezzaroma (btw Leo, mezzaroma is a property developer, not a banker) for such a poor club? sure a siena with the likes of kharja, zuniga and galloppa would have been more profitable. and the fans wouldn't have to face this terrible debacle right now.

@ Gigi: LOL!!! :LOL: sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words!

Man.. Borriello is, imo, the best Italian striker right now. His movement, finishing and positioning is incredible... and his goal today was simply amazing. But anyway... the main focus is on a small town player that no one has heard of.... RONALDINHO. Leonardo, although his tactics are very 'young'... he has managed to bring happiness and joy to the dressing room. Ronaldinho looks happy and reborn. When I watched Milan-Genoa... he was dancing around the pitch and the players were all trying hard to keep each other focused - i loved Ambrosini giving the ball to Huntelaar for the PK. I'm also really enjoying how Huntelaar celebrates with the rest of the squad.

Anyway... Antonini is becoming a very useful and integral part of the squad, as has Beckham already. Pirlo seems to have woken up and is beginning to realize that Borriello is capable of receiving the ball to his head and chest, as well as feet.

Right now we are -6 with a game in hand and the derby next week. I don't want to put my hopes up, but its hard to when we are playing with so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom