Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

Maybe newspapers gave him an idea.
What I wonder is, do really Inter need Kaka?
If he wants to play as a second striker instead of Pandev, yes.
If he wants to play as a trequartista like he used to do back in Ac Milan, I can't see him play instead of Sneijder.
Otherwise, the guy is waaay past his prime and I never liked him as a person back in the days.

Still, I'll buy the unavoidable Digao FC Inter shirt if this happens.

I don't think kaka would go anyway, he said he loves Milan and will be a Milanista forever. It would be strange thought to see him in a Inter shirt!

I don't really think Ricky would go there anyway either. Wouldn't be too worried....

This should get Milan back into the real world. Nesta's fitness will haunt us forever and the fullbacks were awful and I really think Allegri should start trying Amelia more. Hands down to Cesena though. Great defensive line and a very fast attack with a classic formation. Watch out for that team.

The real surprise was Roma. Losing with 5. :SHOCK: Feel bad for Conti though. 30 stitches on his knee. Hope no muscle is seriously damaged. Burdisso went in real hard.

Last edited:

Up and til around 2004, Dida was invincible and never dropped a ball like that so easily, except the Leeds incident once. After that, he was a liability and lost all his concentration, must've been something psychological. But between 2002-2004, he was arguably one of the best GKs at the time imo.
:))

i thought that penalties like brescia's one were only for juve/milan/inter, it was simply ridicolous.... i hope the federation will send the referee to work in serie D's matches for some weeks

Just read on the Guardian website that Manchester City is rumoured to be prepared to pay 41 million pound for Javier Pastore...Real Madrid would also be interested.

I hope Zamparini can keep him a few more seasons in Palermo. Great, great player...

I know what you mean Dominic....that could be a very good thing for Palermo (and i love that team). But as football fan i think it would be a good thing if Pastore could stay with Palermo.

I don't want to see all the best players with the likes of both Manchester clubs, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea...it want competition i want clubs like Benfica, Ajax and "new" clubs be competitive.

Besides that: look at the bench of Manchester City...i want to see players like Silva week in week out on a football pitch not on the bench...i want to see Pastore on the pitch, not on a bench...

PS: it's about time you change your signature...

I fully agree, I love watching players like Pastore play at their club as well, but like you said it would a very good thing for Palermo. An offer they could not refuse.

P.S. Camo will have a balon d'or winning season for Stuttgart!

Last edited:

I don't think kaka would go anyway, he said he loves Milan and will be a Milanista forever
Uh, I thought Ibrahimovic first said that he supported Juve, then he said that his dream team since he was a child was In*&r, then said that he always rooted for Barcelona.. And now plays for Milan. :SHOCK:

So it makes just a huge liar of him when he said he always wanted to play for Juventus for example..

Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player (as much that I am considering buying him in the Fantacalcio) but I don't really like his attitude.

Up and til around 2004, Dida was invincible and never dropped a ball like that so easily, except the Leeds incident once. After that, he was a liability and lost all his concentration, must've been something psychological. But between 2002-2004, he was arguably one of the best GKs at the time imo.

to be honest i wouldn't describe dida as a wold class keeper who had a downfall. he's been a liability for milan ever since they bought him till 2002. then in the summer of 2002 abbiati (who was the unquestionable starter till that moment) got injured and dida took his place. from that moment to 2004 dida has been absolutely amazing.... then he got back to his previous poor standards.

2 years are a very short span in a goalkeeper's carreer. hardly enough to define a keeper's standard. a top class keeper performs to his highest standards for at least half of his carreer... wich means about 7 years. buffon, casillas, peruzzi, schmeichel, zenga, van der saar, kahn. they belong to this category..... dida just doesn't.

dida is a decent keeper who had a great peak.... but those 2 years didn't represent his standard, it was just a peak. and when u talk about top class keepers, u talk about keepers with top class standards. at least imo :))
---------------------------------------------------------------

some very nice matches this week end.... didn't expect this quality football so early in the season honestly. palermo brescia was very entertaining..... that brescia team is really really nice!! didn't expect them to be this good... and how about that eder kid!!! very impressive.
we were a bit too naive and didn't really focus ouselves on the match until the 30th minute... fucking europa league, it didn't even begin, yet it already compromised the first 2 matches of palermo's season :RANT:

juve samp was pretty nice too. i think i've already praised the baby-pozzi many times, but i'll say it again: it's a shame this kid isn't getting the playtime he deserves... he should have asked to be sent on loan somewhere else. he's just too good, too young and promising to be a backup, and he'll never be anything more than a backup in samp of course.
also nice to see marilungo in serie a. i've got high expectations on this kid aswell.
Gerd said:
Just read on the Guardian website that Manchester City is rumoured to be prepared to pay 41 million pound for Javier Pastore...Real Madrid would also be interested.

I hope Zamparini can keep him a few more seasons in Palermo. Great, great player...
we already rejected a 25 millions offer from real madrid this summer (ozil was mourinho's 2nd choice... and rightfully so)...... there's no way will will be able to hold him for another season.... i'd love to, but that's impossible.
besides i'm confident we're gonna get at least 30 millions for him, and boy we sure could use those money.

afterall palermo's main asset is the management. zamparini, foschi, sabatini and rossi brought pastore in palermo for 6 millions euros.... hernandez for 6 millions, kjaer for 4 millions, balzaretti for 3.8 millions, miccoli for 4 millions, cassani and nocerino came here for about 6 millions (it was part of the amauri deal), sirigu for less than 1 million....
can u imagine what they could do with even just half of those 30, 40, 50 millions we'll get from selling pastore!?! :))

i'm fine with palermo selling pastore at the end of the season... my only hope is to manage to hold hernandez for 1 season more.... coz loosing both pastore and hernandez in the same transfer window would be really sad.

Last edited:

dida is a decent keeper who had a great peak.... but those 2 years didn't represent his standard, it was just a peak. and when u talk about top class keepers, u talk about keepers with top class standards. at least imo :))
-

That's what I'm saying Ben! I consider him to be among the best goalies for those 2 years only, then of course, we saw his dramatic downfall. Dida la Pantera :LOL:

Ste, do u know if la gazzetta's article also contained infos about the players' contracts bonuses? :))

Sorry Ben, I only know whats described on that specific page.

That's what I'm saying Ben! I consider him to be among the best goalies for those 2 years only, then of course, we saw his dramatic downfall. Dida la Pantera :LOL:

my bad then, i misinterpreted your post :))
dida la pantera :P .... i'd rather call him dida la pantegana :D

Just wanted to say, watched Palermo v Brescia yesterday and Sereni was top quality. Man of the match for me. Tbh I prefer Italian Gks to any other nationality. Not sure what it is but they do seem to have a more confident mentality.

Must be the pasta! I'll make sure I feed our GK more of that the night before our game :LOL:

Must be the pasta! I'll make sure I feed our GK more of that the night before our game :LOL:

:P unfortunately i don't think pasta has anything to do with our great goalkeepers school..... if it was just about eating pasta, then i would be better than buffon by now! :D
italian food keeps u fit but i'm afraid it doesn't really improve your goalkeeping skills :P
Milanista said:
Look at Antonioli's saves against Roma and Milan. He's 41. He's like Fontana (HE WAS AWESOME!).
:COOL: what a monster fontana was!

mario paradisi, palermo's gks trainer and coach, made an interview for a sicilian channel a few months ago. he said finding a replacement for fontana was a huge challenge for palermo.... a few days before we signed amelia, when the club and amelia already found an agreement, paradisi went to zamparini and told him "look we got a very promising young keeper playing for the primavera (the youth team). his name is sirigu... i think this kid has a great future...... but zampa didn't really trust paradisi.... sirigu was still way too young for the first squad, so he signed amelia.
amelia was decent for palermo, but nothing more than that. he never really played at his livorno's standards when wearing the rosanero shirt.... and after 1 season he asked to be sold.....
... so paradisi went to zamparini again and told him "before u splash any more money on another keeper, i'd strongly suggest to give that kid sirigu a shot at first squad..... he's getting better and better."
but genoa proposed a rubinho\amelia swap so, once again, paradisi's suggestion was dismissed.
rubinho was a disaster in palermo, so rossi decided to try the youngster coming from the youth team (sirigu) for a few matches.....
u know the rest of the story. sirigu never left the starting spot and imposed himself as one of the most interesting young keepers in europe, fighting with marchetti for a spot in italy's national team....

we've been looking for a top class keeper for so much time.... and it turned out we already had one in our squad :P

Last edited:

Among those worldclass GK you forgot two of my compatriots Ben: Preudhomme and Piot.
Furthermore: Southall and Dassaev are also among the very best ever...

Among those worldclass GK you forgot two of my compatriots Ben: Preudhomme and Piot.
Furthermore: Southall and Dassaev are also among the very best ever...
yeah those were just a few names, the first which came into my mind... but there would be many more names to add to that list, yashin, banks (although i never watched them playing, their reputation speaks for itself), preudhomme and marcheggiani certainly deserve to be in that list too. i also liked pagliuca and, speaking of belgian keepers, pfaff.

i have a question for u guys, how is serie a coverage in your countries? i'm curious. how many serie a matches are broadcasted each and every week? do they ever broadcast midclass clubs fixtures or is it always about the top 4 (milan, inter, juve and roma)?
we have people posting from many different countries in here.... portugal, england, canada, UAE, belgium.... so what kind of coverage serie a gets in your nations?:))

Last edited:

Well it's got a better in England over the last 2 seasons since ESPN bought the coverage rights (although not that many people subscribe to the channel). They've started showing quite a few games this season, usually one or two live games a week and sometimes a rerun of a game from the day before and it usually involves one of the top 4 though not always.

Next weekend we've got AC Milan v Catania and Samp v Napoli plus a rerun of Cagliari v Bari, then on Wednesday they're showing Lazio v Milan and Thursday Juve v Palermo. So that's quite a good showing.

Infact until I checked their schedule just now, I didn't even realise they were showing so much, and I cancelled my sub a couple of months ago!

The only thing missing is a decent highlights show. The one on ESPN (if its the same as last season) is absolutely terrible, just unwatchable. Pro-Evo style music with random clips of the goals following no real pattern. I only watched it once then gave up. I miss Football Italia on CH4 in the 90's with James Richardson. :(

Last edited:

yeah those were just a few names, the first which came into my mind... but there would be many more names to add to that list, yashin, banks (although i never watched them playing, their reputation speaks for itself), preudhomme and marcheggiani certainly deserve to be in that list too. i also liked pagliuca and, speaking of belgian keepers, pfaff.

i have a question for u guys, how is serie a coverage in your countries? i'm curious. how many serie a matches are broadcasted each and every week? do they ever broadcast midclass clubs fixtures or is it always about the top 4 (milan, inter, juve and roma)?
we have people posting from many different countries in here.... portugal, england, canada, UAE, belgium.... so what kind of coverage serie a gets in your nations?:))

We get most of the games, if not all, on al jazeera sports.

Back
Top Bottom