Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

:DD Enjoy the final occasion, its always a great way to end the season.

Media around here says that Marotta was today in Madrid to negotiate Benzema. It also states that maybe Amauri and Chiellini may be part of the negotiation. If that and the Buffon deal happen, im seriously going on rampage.
Amauri, meh, he could go to wherever he wants, a waste of money in my eyes, but Chellini is just one of the best CB in the world, he can't go, just like Buffon. Hope this is just bullsh*t speculation, I seriously hope so..
On other news, Pirlo said that he wants to stay in Milan, or at least he hopes to. Is his contract expiring at the end of this season?

Last edited:

yep neo, pirlo's contract should expire this summer. oh and don't worry about chiellini. yesterday he said on tv that he would never leave juve in this "tough moment", not even for real madrid. :))
:DD Enjoy the final occasion, its always a great way to end the season.
well, a lousy coppa italia final can't really compare to a champions league final, but yeah, i agree with u :D
the thing is palermo has never won a trophy ever since i was born, so this final, the emotions of having a chance to lift a trophy, this is all new to me and palermo fans... so the fact that is "just a worthless coppa italia" doesn't really matter to us anymore... because, let's face it, it's not like we're gonna lift a champions league or win a scudetto any time soon.

whenever a great cycle ends in a midlcass club, u never have anything left to remember it by. in the last 10 years palermo had 3 great cycles and built 3 great teams, but since (no matter how good they play) midclass clubs never win any league or cup, when those cycles are over, u can only remember how good that team was and how nice or tough or balanced was their football. and that's it.
this time we have the occasion to truly leave a mark with this team. to get something that will help everyone remember this team. "u see that coppa italia? that's the coppa delio rossi's palermo won in 2011. it was a great team, very entertaining to watch and with many great players"
that would be nice :))
however it's gonna be damn hard. inter is gonna play the game of their season (coz that's the only chance they have left to give a meaning to this season) and we are gonna play without the leader of our defense (bovo) and our central midfielder (bacinovic). this doesn't sound good at all. besides inter (mostly thanks to leonardo) is the most unpredictable team. if u cacth them in a bad mood u can easily beat them, but in a good day, they can beat every team on the planet (barca included).
let's hope to find them in a "schalke-mood" :P
the special one said:
A very interesting display showed by Palermo last night. The team seemed a bit nervous in the first hab but then things went normal at the second half. I'm glad to see you in the final, surely one of the most entertaining teams I have seen this season, especially in that game at Meazza against Inter, curiously the opponent you're gonna face 29th May in Rome
i noticed something strange this season. whenever we face milano's teams (both inter and milan) we completely change our game. we're a team which works its way to the goal through ball possession. our passing game is our trademark. yet whenever we faced milan or inter, we based our gameplan on counters. it didn't happen with every top team, only the milanese ones.
i thought of this because u said u were impressed by our display in san siro against inter, earlier this season (i suppose u're talking about that crazy 3-2 match)..... and yeah we were actually pretty good... but that's not exactly our football. i'm quite sure the only games we didn't have possession for most of the match were the games against the 2 milanese teams. to be honest our usual football (the football we display against roma or lazio or napoli or any other team this season) is even more entertaining than that.... but i got to admit, we play some pretty good counter attacking football, for being a "not counter attacking team".
counters are something that requires lots of practice (that kind of practice u can only do during matches and not in training sessions), so we should be quite poor at that.... but for some reason we aren't, as we did pretty well against milan and inter this season.
anyway special one, i strongly suggest u to watch some others palermo matches from this season and last season. the inter game was good, but trust me, we are much better than that! :))
anyway thanks for the congrats and the support guys :))

http://mediagol.spreadshirt.it/la-finalissima-2011-minchia-in-finale-sono-nera-A15956921 :D

Last edited:

With Lazio winning tonight the race for 4th place and the last CL place, is getting down to the wire.

Team------Games Left----Points
Lazio________1_____________63
Udinese______2_____________62
Roma_________2_____________60

It's in Udinese's hands, if they win their last two games (Chievo away, Milan home) they will get it.

Lazio will have to win their last game (Lecce away) and hope Udinese do worse than 1 win and 1 draw.

Roma have to play Catania away and Sampdoria home. Again they will probably have to win both and hope Udinese drop points.

Roma have a better head-to-head on both Lazio and Udinese so if they are level with a team on points they will go ahead. Lazio and Udinese is equal on head to head.

There is a very slim chance Juventus (on 57 points, 2 games left) can make it, they would have to beat Napoli and Parma and hope all the three sides above them lose all of their remaining matches.

190142591-07665f87-615a-4a65-9cb3-36b981041263.jpg

YouTube - Boateng dancing like Michel Jackson

:D:D:D

That is indeed really sad. Last year CL place and now relegated.
Lovely club.

im sorry Sampdoria is down in Serie B i really like them as a team but Lecce is my favorite team in Serie A so im happy they are save I wish there was other team in place of Sampdoria(not Lecce of course :P)

u guys saw what fans of bari did first before match did caos and want to hit they players and today in match too serie b is much for them !

Who is that Lazio number 14? What an arse hole.
And why was it necessary to post this picture, can some mod delete it please? This picture is an example of all that is wrong about football. It happens everywhere posting this in this thread is giving a (much too) negative image about Italian football...

I really hate reactions like that.

Something completely different.
Balotelli has got lots of criticism in this thread (and rightly so most of the times).
This week he has scored some points IMO.
First of all he played a really good Cup Final. He was not outstanding but he was disciplined and revelated himself as a perfect team player.

And then there is this story i heard on the Guardian's football podcast.

After training a young kid asked Balotelli for an autograph. Ballotelli gave him his autograph and then asked him if he should not have been school. The kid said that he refuses to go to school because he was fed up with school. Balotelli asked him why he was fed up. The fan aswered that he was constantly bullied by an older school kid. Balotelli urged him to get in his car and together they drove to the school. The fan pointed his nemesis out and Balotelli went to talk with him and asked him to stop bullying the City fan...

That is a very decent thing to do.

That's Diego Simeone of course Gerd!

And I don't think the pic should be deleted. With all due respect,that'd no longer be moderating, that's censorship. Censorship of what you think is inappropriate.
I thought it's distasteful, uncalled for, unnecessary, insensitive and at the same time absolutely hilarious and entertaining! :LOL:

Sad day for Serie A and half of Genoa. Serie A won't be the same until Samp come back to where they should be.

LOL! He posted that picture because Simeone who is Catania's coach beat Roma yesterday and destroyed hope of them going to the CL while Lazio his former club still have a big chance. The picture makes perfect sense actually. :LOL:

Well perhaps PLF is rigtht,what i do is a form of censorship. I'm also against censorship.
That this guy is a coach now makes it even worse...this is some form of tribalism that i will never understand...it's not because you support one club that you have to hate another one.

This is so primitive and this is an absolute tasteless picture (no offense meant to the poster of that picture).

Humm, I don't know if Lazio's chances are that good. All Udinese need is a draw at home to Milan. And Milan are already champions, mentally they might not be that strong in this last match - a draw is an ideal result for both.

Lazio have to win away at Lecce (who are already safe) and hope for a Milan victory in Udine. Irrespective of whomever finishes 4th, it could be very difficult for them to actually get in the group stage since they might not be seeded and so could play a team like Bayern Munich even Arsenal or, best case of the possible seeds, maybe Villareal.

Lazio will be in 1st pot in CL qualification and dont play with strong teams

Then they might be ok, but they could play Manchester City (if Man City finish 4th behind Arsenal) as I think they will be unseeded. Champions League Qualfication is much harder in these last 2-3 years than before.

But I still think it's going to be hard for Lazio to make to 4th in Serie A. Udinese v Milan will probably be a draw as there is no reason for Milan to really exert themselves.

considering udinese's form, i just can't see them losing. they could beat a motivated milan in san siro, nevermind a relaxed milan in udine.
just as it happened last season with palermo and samp, it's a shame one between lazio and udinese won't make it to champions league. i'm quite sure udinese will grab the 4th spot, but lazio deserve it just as much as udinese. :))

i'm very happy for lecce, but at the same time i'm gutted (and shocked) at samp's relegation. watching palombo in tears, apologising to the samp fans in the curva (who were crying but still applauding him) was just heartbreaking... and i'm not even a samp supporter.
hats off to both palombo and sampdoria fans. :WORSHIP:

just think of the irony. last year in may samp came in palermo to play against the rosanero in a decisive match for the 4th spot. we didn't manage to beat em in our home and lost the 4th spot to samp. exactly 1 year after palermo and samp meet again, this time in genova. palermo beats samp and sends the blucerchiati in serie b. unbelievable

about balotelli Gerd, i don't doubt he's a nice guy (by that i mean he's not a "bad boy")..... the problem is he's an idiot.
and to be honest i wouldn't even bother about that, if his attitude wouldn't effect his performances.
that's my main concern about mario. i honestly don't care about him as a person. i care about him as a footballer. as long as he manages to become the player he's supposed to become, he might aswell remain the idiot he is right now.
wow! what a beautiful pic! :)) did u follow the celebrations in milano stef? :))

Just heard that L' Equipe thought Balotelli was the man of the match for his unselfish team play.

C'mon Udinese will beat Milan and if not then at least get a draw. When teams become champions, they don't give a shit anymore... they just wanna not get injured and enjoy holidays...

Happens all across Europe and world... once you're champs... you lose your next game or get a draw.... to be honest if Udinese can't beat this Milan team then they don't deserve to be in CL but I think they'll get the draw needed at least and finish 4th.

@Gerd, you do know who Diego Simeone is right? You talk about him as if he's some random guy or low profile, dude was only recently surpassed as Argentina's most capped player! Surely you remember him? And yeah he was a dirty player and I'm not surprised he's an idiot even as a coach.... some people are just too dumb to ever see bigger picture and that we're all one... doesn't matter which club you support or I do.... we're all football fans and here to enjoy game.

@Ben, Ironic indeed.
Palermo fans must still be glad they did Lecce a favour though and vice versa.

Guys, sorry to spam the thread with Milan-related stuff, but this made me laugh. It's the new subheading of a popular Milan blog. It reads "A meeting point for Milan fans who - when winning their 18th Scudetto - celebrate by doing the moonwalk"

screenshot20110517at004.png

I remember Simeone bloody well PLF, wasn't he Beckhams "friend" at the 1998 WC. I just didn't recongnise him on that photo...i thought it was a current player.

I was never impressed with Simeone. You might know that i lover Argentinian football and football players from that land, but that is an aspect of Argentinian football that i like less: the hardman...i know in some teams the hardman is essential.
I know that a team like Arsenal misses this sort of cynical player like Van Bommel...but i don't like them much.

Your words about all being football fans are well said, i totally agree with them.

Yeah he was the guy who got a naive David Beckham sent off in 98 World cup. And yeah I never liked him either. Must be said though, he was a good player. Very good player. As important as van Bommel was to Holland.

Yes PLF, but if i'm not mistaken Simeone was a DMF (i'm not really sure).
And roughly in the same period there was a certain Argentinian DMF called Fernando Redondo who was not selected by Passarella because he had long hair and Passarella did not like long hair.
This effectively killed off the international carreer of one of the best Argentinian players of all time.
I mention this to put Simeone as a record international in the right/appropriate context...

I prefer if Lazio went to the CL. The have a bigger squad depth than Udinese and Udinese's president said that he might be forced to sell his star players.

It's all about how you handle it. CL can damage you more than it helps if you focus too much. I just read Schalke grew a close 100 mill debt to compete in the CL and they are out of it next season.

Anyway, I think we can post our formation of the season now. Many stand out players and some huge improvements this season. The amount of talent present in all Serie A teams just stands out IMO. Here is mine:

----------------Handanovic-------------------
Maggio----Nesta-------Silva--------Balzaretti
---------Inler---Hernanes---Boateng----------
--------Sanchez-----Eto'o----Di Natale-------

Great season also for: Abbiati,Storari,Lavezzi,Cavani,Cannavaro,Abate,Armero,Nagatomo...

Back
Top Bottom