Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2011/12 Season

I just hope we don't sell Mesbah or we are completely screwed. :P

Oh yeah, just heard Flamini will not renew. We need a new midfield line. Besides the one you mentioned, Muntari and this new guy Traore are our only midfielders.

There's also ballon d'or Urby. We should also try to keep Merkel - I really see something in him.

edit - wasn't being sarcastic about Merkel. I really like the kid and he has been pretty solid when he plays.

Last edited:

Yeah I also like Merkel but we lost him as part of the Shaarawy deal. He is fully a Genoa player now.

Urby needs to be a left back and Allegri said he will play him there next season. He played really good when given the chance.

Now Cassano is saying losing Thiago is like losing 50% of Milan, and that he's not sure if he'll stay at Milan. I want to know how Ibra feels about this... we're losing all our stars, and it must be a huge bummer after the growth the team has shown in the last 2 years. We had a project....

Boban speaking as a Milanista on Sky:

“Come per Kakà, i migliori dal Milan se ne vanno. Al Milan non c’è più la politica degli anni passati. E’ un messaggio purtroppo molto chiaro di una società che non ha più le ambizioni di una volta. Il presidente si dovrebbe ricordare di quello che era una volta lui e di quello che era il Milan che dominava ovunque. Thiago Silva è un fenomeno e un fuoriclasse assoluto oltre ad essere il migliore del mondo nel suo ruolo. Tre spanne sopra Piqué. Anche a Ibra dispiacerà se Thiago andrà via però credo che Ibra rimarrà al Milan”.

Translation:

Like with Kaka, Milan's best keep leaving. Milan doesn't have the politics and power of the past. It's a clear message from the club that it doesn't have the same ambitions as it once had. The president should remember that he was once the president of Milan that dominated everywhere. Thiago Silva is a phenomenon and is the best in his role - 3 times the player that Pique is. Ibra will be sad to see Thiago go, but I think Ibra will stay at Milan

Last edited:

Giampaolo Pozzo is in talks to buy Watford for around £15M. Which would clear our debts and see off our current owner Laurence Bassini.

Udinese Calcio have really done well under Pozzo's stewardship since the corruption scandal at the club.

Do you regular serie A watchers think his son could do a good job and are they a good transparent family ?

Any news in the Italian press ?

He also owns Grenada, hence the free loans and swaps between both clubs.

We've read about that and are worried as a body of fans that Pozzo.Snr might do the same thing. The odd promising youngster would be nice but we do have a very good academy of our own.

Apparently they want Zola to be the coach which also makes unhappy as Dyche our current manager showed the club loyalty by not running off to Cardiff with Malky Mackay and did a great job with very limited resources having sold Danny Graham and Marvin Sordell.

Mixed feelings from us this end.

So is Thiago Silva staying now? It seems that transfer was done and since then nothing.

So Samp are talking to Benitez, and even have Didier Deschamps lined up! Would love to see Samp with an ambitious project with someone like Rafa... although I can't see it being much of a success, except for the excitement he'd bring to the club.

well it's hearsay, so it's pretty much irrelevant. but i wouldn't be surprised if bravo was right about this. up until football betting in italy became legal, the influence of criminal organizations over italian football was huge (as they used to handle the whole illegal betting racket). from '98 on the situation changed as the italian parliament approved several laws to discipline the entire football betting industry.

however, it looks like the problem (although not as serious as it was in the 80s and 90s), wasn't completely fixed and dealt with once and for all, at least according to the current investigations.

in august the "second manche" of investigation should end, and that's gonna be the most interesting part, as it seem to involve even some serie a players. by then, we should be able to have a good idea of what this entire investigation is really about, and if there's actually enough dirt to have us worrying.

Giampaolo Pozzo is in talks to buy Watford for around £15M. Which would clear our debts and see off our current owner Laurence Bassini.

Udinese Calcio have really done well under Pozzo's stewardship since the corruption scandal at the club.

Do you regular serie A watchers think his son could do a good job and are they a good transparent family ?
sorry Albi, just read your post today :P
if u're looking for a new owner, u can't do much better than the pozzo family. they know football industry better than almost anyone else in europe and have done an amazing job both in udine and in granada. they have most attention for the financial aspect and always manage to build up great teams without recurring to debts.

of course, there's the risk watford might turn into some sort of feeder club of udinese (like granada), but i'm not sure that would be a bad thing (it worked pretty well for the spanish).

amyway gino pozzo and his son are brilliant managers, classy persons and absolutely honest and trasparent businessmen.
if pozzo would ever express any interest in buying palermo i would go to udine myself and carry him all the way back to palermo on my shoulders!!! :P

From what I see in Pato correct me if Im off the mark. He is more of a direct player, far from a technical . A premier team dream! He`s strong a bit pacey not explosive ,but able to get away from a slower defense line. I would say he`s still in the making far from complete .

He'll get even more injured in the EPL. He has everything to become a really top player but the injuries really pulled him back. He is actually very fast. One of the fastest in Serie A. Maybe only behind Biabiany and Ibarbo.

I'd say he is explosive! He's very fast. I'd say he has very good potential to become a truly great striker as well but injuries will probably keep him from ever fulfilling that potential.

from alessandro del piero's official site, his farewell letter to juventus.
It's over, my contract with the Juventus expires today.

It's old news, but still, to know that it's "official" has its effect. It's not a sad moment for me, I have no regrets or nostalgia. Not anymore. In these days I've had an opportunity to to think over everything what happened in my last black and white season, to go back in the memories and live once again the best dream I've ever had.

All the memories, all my joys and triumphs and to be honest even some recent bitter moments...I clearly see all these images today and at a certain moment they grow dim and almost dispel in that wonderful hug during my last match in Turin. This picture has it all, a picture of the moment that I want to have with me forever, a picture taken on the 13th of May and printed in my heart. Indelible.

Some time ago, before taking off for holidays, I emptied my locker in Vinovo and leaving the training camp I stopped at the spot where for many months you waited for me to have an autograph, a picture or just to shake hands... no matter whether it was scorching hot, raining or snowing. But this time it's my turn to say good bye and to thank you all like you did it for me.

Players come and go, the Juventus remains. My team mates are still there and I wish them all the best: I will always be their biggest fan. You, my fans are still there and you are the Juventus. Remains my jersey that I have always loved and will continue to love forever, I have always wanted and respected it without any dispensation or discounts. I'm happy that others can wear it after me, also and above all because number "10" since the names were put on the jersey always had my name on it. I'm happy for the player who'll be wearing it next year, I'm happy because somewhere - in Italy or in the other part of the world - right now, someone is dreaming of wearing this jersey. And I will be proud if that someone would want to trace my story, like I traced the stories of other champions, other examples, other legends.

Starting from tomorrow I won't be a Juventus player anymore, but I will always remain one of you.

Now it's time to start my new adventure. I'm enthusiastic about it like 19 summers ago.

Good bye, guys. Thank you for all.

Alessandro
http://en.alessandrodelpiero.com/news/30th-june-2012_281.html

the club wanted to retire the nr. 10 shirt, but he told them not to. he said he wants young kids to be able to dream to wear the nr. 10 jersey someday, just like he did as a child, and he would hate to deprive them of this possibility.

seriously can u be any classier than that!?! :WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

Last edited:

Legend! One of the classiest and best players over the last 15 years!

Del Piero showed again his class. Juventus's management should be ashamed for the way they treated him, totally classless. Big clubs and legends could still coexist, just see Giggs.

Del Piero! :DDone of the greats and among my favourate player's growing up

Had a huge poster of him on the wall when I was 14-15.

Good bye, Legend.

Thiago and Ibra are off to PSG. Nice. Hope you lot buy a jumbo plane full of overrated crap and let us win the second scudetto next season (and continue undefeated ;)).

I wonder is Milan in dire straights or they couldn`t turn down that sort of money? They could of added Pato to that as well, £70m !

Back
Top Bottom