Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2011/12 Season

Fuck you Leonardo. I hate you with a passion. That is all. It's silly money, and not much to do but say yes. It's £60m + Ibrahimovic's ridiculous contract. Let's just pray Milan sign some useful players and not blow it all on 1 guy.

Sad for Thiago, but not so much Ibrahimovic.

Last edited:

Milan can get RVP for £16m me think I`m not sure he wants Milan and prefers Juve. I forgot 160k will change that :LOL:

Thanks, but no thanks. Don't want Mr Robin Van Persie! I'd rather Tevez - he'd fit our style more.

Makes sense Tevez, MCity need to loosen their wages somewhat and I could see Tevez heading there sooner than later . I just hope Rvp is heading somewhere in SerieA :P

Money won again. Now Milan will battle against Inter to avoid relegation next year.

Both Milan teams getting weaker and we're just getting stronger! :D

Juve fans might love it, but it saddens me that it could potentially become another 1 horse race. Last year having Juve back brought the title race back to life. The year before was a walk in the park without any competitors. Gone are the days where Milan, Inter and Juve are fighting. It's also a bit sad for Serie A that last year's best representative in Europe has lost it's 2 best players.

If it was me, I'd love for more teams in Serie A to get stronger. Imagine a fully stacked Roma, Napoli, Lazio, Juve, Inter and Milan fighting for the league....

Guess we'll have to wait for the Arabs to invade Italy with their endless money.

:SHOCK: WOW! That's a crazy deal, feel more Milan to lose your two best players in one go.

Could be a blessing in disguise for Milan. I have a feeling for years that they need to rebuild their team. Now with all the departures, they have some sort of tabula rasa and may start a new, young team, and why not the beginning of a new area.

As a neutral (and i understand that Milan fans will not agree): that is the natural way things should go in football. The end of one cycle and then rebuild. In 10 years time most Milan fans will see in retrospect that they haven't had a really good team for quite a while now...

I'm not sure I agree Gerd. With Ibra and Thiago Silva in the squad, we still had the youngest Milan in the last 10 years.

Our whole midfield is already new and those two players were already established in the squad. The old guard left so that we would build the team around Thiago Silva in defence and Ibrahimovic in attack. Now instead of just losing the old guard midfield, we've lost half our defence and half our attack. I don't think this is rebuilding - it's dismantling a project.

We're going to have to start from scratch all over again, like we did 2 years ago. We also no longer have a single 'world class' player in the squad.... :(

Last edited:

Exactly.

Milan was already rebuilding anyway as they rid of the 'old guard' (Inzaghi, Seedorf, Nesta, Zambrotta, Gattuso, etc.).

Silva and Zlatan were the only two genuinely world-class players in this squad and the type of players you build a young team around. You do need SOME experience and quality in the side after all. These two were supposed to be the experienced, superstar leaders in attack and defence.

Having said all that, I really do believe in the saying 'Every player has his price' and I think especially considering the high wages these two were on, this can be a good deal for both sides. It's not just the $62M Milan are receiving but all the money they're saving over the next couple years from the humongous wage Zlatan and Silva would get.

So it really frees up the wage bill and now Milan can afford some great additions.

Also with Ibra gone and Pato not, ironically it was Pato who looked like would go to PSG and it turned out the other way, expect Alex to step it up and hopefully fulfil potential and become a key player for Milan over the next few years. He really disliked Zlatan and having a big negative influence like that in the dressing room can definitely hamper some more fragile players' confidence.

Of course Pato's main problems have been injuries in recent years but who knows maybe he'll have better luck with them in future (Like van persie did last season) and then I'm sure he can flourish. What's for sure is, his best is yet to come. So far he's only shown Milan fans GLIMPSES of what he's capable of. We're all awaiting the day he shows that on a consistent basis and I think with Zlatan gone, he is a lot more likely to do so!

They're definitely two BIG losses though. There's no other way to put it. Two amazing players who are among the best in the world in their position and leaders of the team as well and now both gone! PSG definitely means business that's for sure! They're showing no less ambition so far than Man City and Chelsea and in a way that's good to see!

Well Stef, Thiago Silva is fefinitely a loss. I'm not so sure about Zlatan however...he is a mega talent. But i'm not sure if he has the best influence in a dressing room. Call me prejudiced, but somehow i have a feeling that a club with Zlatan always looses a litle bit and i'm not convinced that in the end the balance between his immense talent and his big contribution on the pitch, on the one hand, and his "influence" in the squad on the other hand is favorable for a club.

IMO he is not a team player and as much brilliant he is in leagues (that is undeniable), he is not a big match player. I rarely have seen him at this best for Sweden and in the CL. Now and then, he scores brilliant goals, but not more than that (look at the last EC, he scored a beauty but besides that he was very average).

Last edited:

so it's official? 65 millions for both? and how the payment will work out? because if milan will get all those 65 millions right now, that opens up a world of possibilities, in terms of team rebuilding.

stef, i understand it's a big blow, but don't be so gloomy. if well spent, those 65 millions could help u rebuild the team (and btw, when i say well spent i mean "no big names" like van persie or tevez....).

Sina what u say about thiago and ibra being the kind of players u wanna rebuild the team around is undenyably true. but the thing is, milan needs to fill a lot of positions, now that so many players of the old guard are leaving. and berlusconi doesn't seem to be in the mood for wasting a shitload of his own money on the club anymore (wich is understandable).
so that money has to come from somewhere, and the best way to make money is to capitalise on your most valuable assets, right when their value reaches its peak.
u ain't gonna get a better offer than that, and those 65 millions could completely reshape milan.

who knows milan might come out of this transfer window a better team than it was last year (with thiago and ibra)... it all comes down to what galliani and allegri are gonna do with all that money.

to be honest, i don't see anything wrong with this transfer. just think of this. 12 months ago milan let pirlo leave for free. they had the best regista on the planet (along with xavi) and they allowed him to join a direct rival for NOTHING!
even if they would wanna spend all of those 65 millions just to find a replacement for pirlo now, they couldn't, because there's only 1 player in the world who can be compared to pirlo and that's xavi (who is not on sale).
now that was a stupid move. but this time you're selling 2 of your best players (both world class, but, unlike pirlo, both replaceable) for enough money to rebuild half the team.. and u're also selling them to a team wich is not a direct copmpetitor for the scudetto. it's not that bad, if u ask me..... infact it might even turn out to be a great move (in a few months).

Last edited:

I don't give a single f**k about Ibrahimovic. He is replaceable. Most teams won when he left them. He is a top player but I never liked his attitude on the pitch and it seemed like he even had some sort of power in the club. And let's face it, he only had one year left on his contract so Milan absolutely wanted to sell him this summer.

I'll wait before I judge Milan's market.

Arsenal sold Fabregas + Nasri = £58m ,but near the end of the transfer window. That was the roof n walls of the building :LOL: at least there is enough time to plan for new prospect there are tons of players (South Americans) especially . I would jump on Santos`s Ganso in a heart beat . He will be kaka`s final replacement ! Who knows that might be the opening door to bring his team mate , what`s his name ? oh , yes! Neymar.

Neymar ......Pato
........\...... /..............
.........Ganso

Rumour in the Belgian press (coming from the Spanish press): Kaka back to Milan.

I don't think there's any truth to that. We've signed 2 attacking midfielders and already have Boateng and Emanuelson.

I think we'll go for several defenders and 2 strikers.

Appearently they've already printed 'Dzeko 10' on a ton of kits.

so verratti seems to be off to paris. quite disappointed by this transfer honestly. after hearing so many praises about this youngster, i was very curious to see what the fuss is all about (i don't follow serie b). and now that pescara got promoted in serie a, the kid is off to ligue un.

i find it surprising (to say the least) that milan and inter didn't even follow this kid. allegri said just a few days ago he needs a regista and inter is crying for some quality at midfield. and yet none of em made an offer to pescara.
to be fair i'm not that surprised inter didn't make an offer (stupidity and shortsightedness are to be expected from moratti), but galliani (who is nothing like moratti) might have dropped the ball on this one.

on a brighter note, destro seems to be off to roma. WOW! zeman is the perfect teacher to nurture such a talent.... although i'm a bit disapppointed they had to sacrifice borini to get destro.
sure destro looks like he might become a much greater player than borini, but fabio's off the ball movement would have been perfect for zeman's football (whereas i have serious doubts he will shine in liverpool)..... plus a borini-destro-osvaldo offensive setup would have been so much fun to watch!

Last edited:

If I recall correctly, I don't know about Milan but Inter and Juve were indeed after Verratti, at some point he was very close to Juve according to gazzetta few weeks back, then both Verratti and Pescara decided that he'll stay for another season... then came PSG and offered a deal they can't refuse and now that they have Ibra, Lavezzi and T.Silva, Verratti probably couldn't say no from being playing in Serie B to playing alongside such giants :P

Regarding Inter, for once we are actually trying a new project with a young coach, we are trying to offload the old guard who had huge contracts and mixing some youngsters from the primavera with the senior side, from the preseason matches till now I've been impressed by some alot like Mbaye, Longo, Garritano, Duncan and Livaja. We have also other good players from the primavera being loaned to Serie B sides to get experience.. The early stages of the Europa League will be good to give these youngsters a chance.
While this is all good we need to set a realistic goal this season and Moratti should give Stramaccioni time, especially if we're going to let go of Sneijder and Maicon.

Btw Ben, is there anything you could tell me about Matias Silvestre? Would you say he's as good as Ranocchia or they're different types of defenders? I haven't seen much of Palermo matches last year.

He's stated as a free agent on Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom