Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2008/2009 Season

I'd say 5 games, then Guidolin again :LOL:

Why doesn't Zamparini just become the manager already? I know he wants to.

he would probably fire himself in a couple of weeks :-pp

however i really can't see guidolin coming back to palermo again.... after 2 years working for zamparini, he probably has painful convulsions any time he sees zampa's face on the tv :-D

btw who the fuck is this "Succi"! :censor:

This weekend we have some tasty fixtures:

Juventus - Udinese
- I honestly feel that Udinese can get the 3 points here, and wouldn't be surprised if they do

Genoa - Milan
- Milan will lose points here, and we will be in trouble

Palermo - Roma
- Palermo to lose, sorry Ben:D Roma look very confident and are not Totti-centered due to his injury

Can't wait to see more of Menez. What a buy by Spaletti. He is more talented than both Benzema and Ben Arfa IMO. He'll do great under such a great coach. And he fits in great with Roma's attacking approach.

Yeah that was a good buy, how much did they get him for? I didnt even realise he'd signed for them until the other day.

Genoa - Milan

I don't see Ancelotti as Milan coach in the derby. Donadoni? Rajkaard? Raajkard is good but Donadoni does'nt covince me. But he rejected an England offer for a reason. Hope it is'nt to coach Milan...

I don't want to replace Ancelotti. Its completely unfair for him - none of this summer's signings were his, maybe apart from Zambrotta and Flamini.

If we were to change, I want Van Basten. imo Rijkaard is overrated and pretty poor. Donadoni is too similar to Ancelotti, so I think its pointless. Van Basten is still new and exciting, can add something.

Well Van Bsten is of the question for now. He already signed for Ajax. Surely he'll be the coach one day as the third man in Milan Cesare Maldini said so, but for now I don't think we can handle not qualifying for CL again or even 3-4 place also.

Plus, Ancelotti said he is going to leave for Roma or the National side sooner or later...

This weekend we have some tasty fixtures:

Juventus - Udinese
- I honestly feel that Udinese can get the 3 points here, and wouldn't be surprised if they do

Genoa - Milan

Palermo - Roma
- Palermo to lose, sorry Ben:D Roma look very confident and are not Totti-centered due to his injury

I think all your predictions are off to be honest :-pp

:SHOCK::CONFUSE:

le roi est mort, VIVE LE ROI!!! :WORSHIP:

good start, your majesty Ballardini! :king:

:DANCE:

Seems Ballardini hasn't lost his winning touch from last season.

Inter, what was that? That ball wasn't even close to being over the goalline.

Great win for Palermo 3-1! Shocked with that result to be completely honest. I think Juve will have difficulties against Udinese, so will Udinese, but I think we can go for a win and I wouldn't be to disappointed if we only got a point.

And for Inter, they have a lot of luck.

YouTube - Inter vs Catania 13-09-2008 Mourinho Pistocchi Taveri Tedesco Tutti contro Tutti Tedesco needs to chill out.

Dom:

sk2.jpg

what do mourinho (impressed by his italian) and tedesco say? as far as i have understood tedesco he is angry because he thinks that on the show they are pro-inter, milan, roma etc. is that correct? so they support the big teams. its all about colours.

btw, i like this language.

Mourinho was saying that in leagues like Portugal, Spain, South America and Italy, what Tedesco did was very intelligent. He was angry and said that Muntari only has 2 eyes so he couldn't see Tedesco's face when he 'hit' him.

The guy on the show said Tedesco deserved to be suspended for the dive and that it was all fake and exaggerated. Most of them agreed and also agreed with Mourinho that it was a ridiculous reaction by Tedesco.

Tedesco on the other hand came out saying he was really hit, and that the media is all pro-big clubs. The media then replies saying "you're just exaggerating and you will get a suspension soon for your actions" etc.

Tedesco then said he even had a cut and that Muntari deserves something like an 8 game ban.

imo, Muntari is innocent, a card yes, but not a straight red. I don't think it was intentional at all. Tedesco imo dove and should be suspended. Also, I don't think the show were pro-Inter at all, they were trying to punish Tedesco for simulating.

one thing i really like about mourinho is his that he always speaks frankly.

yesterday he said about the muntari red card.
Mourinho said:
suddenly this is our culture. in england, people would describe tedesco as a cheater, a diver. in italy instead, aswell as in spain and portugal, people calls theese kind of players "smart players". this is our culture, italian culture, spanish culture, portuguese culture, and it's up to u (journalists) to do something in order to change this mentality

tbh i agree with him. muntari deserved a yellow card, while tedesco deserved to be sent off.

but look at the bright side. nowadays even a top club can be victim of an unfair decision.... and that's pretty important :))

and it's not like mourinho is patronising english football either. he's just frankly saying what he really thinks.
infact he had no problems yesterday in admitting the quality gap between premership and serie a (in terms of coaching abilities and tactics).

yesterday bergomi asked mourinho "when u used to coach chelsea, u didn't use to change your gaming system really often, while in the last 2 matches u already made many changes. what's the difference?"
and mourinho replied "in england is much easier to prepare a match for a coach, coz most of the times u don't have to expect to face a tough opponent. english coaches aren't able to set up a different strategy for every different opponent.... here in italy is different, and i experienced it 2 weeks ago when i saw mazzarri changing his team according to my moves. Mazzarri was able to nullify my strategies, and honestly i find this very stimulating and exciting"
and that's not what a "pro-premiership biased coach" would say ;))

however any of u guys watched palermo - roma yesterday? damn, what a fantastic match! :))

Ancelotti most likely to be sacked this week. I am not with doing this but am not against it at the same time. Milan need soem new life in the team.

The first team was to play a defenceline like this:
Bonera-Maldini-Kaladze-Zambrotta

but then he put Favalli which was a bad move. Ronaldinho was useless today. Not running at all. Maybe because of the long trips and International Duty. Shevchenko is the same situation.

Borriello had some great moments. Seedorf truely shock things up, but Genoa were a much much better team.

This is an unacceptable situation. Getting players the coach did'nt want was a mistake. The coach shutting up on that was also a mistake.

I don't blame Ronaldinho. He played so deep and was getting no passes. Every time we had the ball, it was to pass to Pirlo who would just long ball it, resulting in wasted possession. Sheva is performing exactly how I expected. Kaka is still unfit.

In other news- Genoa just signed Thiago Motta! They really have a very strong side.

Mourinho was saying that in leagues like Portugal, Spain, South America and Italy, what Tedesco did was very intelligent. He was angry and said that Muntari only has 2 eyes so he couldn't see Tedesco's face when he 'hit' him.

The guy on the show said Tedesco deserved to be suspended for the dive and that it was all fake and exaggerated. Most of them agreed and also agreed with Mourinho that it was a ridiculous reaction by Tedesco.

Tedesco on the other hand came out saying he was really hit, and that the media is all pro-big clubs. The media then replies saying "you're just exaggerating and you will get a suspension soon for your actions" etc.

Tedesco then said he even had a cut and that Muntari deserves something like an 8 game ban.

imo, Muntari is innocent, a card yes, but not a straight red. I don't think it was intentional at all. Tedesco imo dove and should be suspended. Also, I don't think the show were pro-Inter at all, they were trying to punish Tedesco for simulating.

Thanks for the summary.

I support Inter, so admittedly I''m a bit biased on the subject. However, I think Muntari being sent off was a bit shocking. Muntari should have gotten a yellow for swinging his arms out like that, but as Muntari stated, Tedesco went to ground like Muhammad Ali had hit him. I realize players like Materazzi have been guilty of the same thing, and it's more disappointing than anything else. After having a chance to review all the video evidence, I would hope he gets a short ban.

Amauri scores his first Serie A goal with Juventus, I'm delighted with the win Udinese are a tough team to crack, however, we managed to just win.

Bloody hell 2nd week in yet more suprising results(with La Liga).

It looks like the final curtain for Ancelotti, which is a shame.

milanisti non ci azzeccate una minchia.

dinho quà
e dinho là
zamba quà
pato là

sheva sheva sheva

ma vafanculo...

It looks like the final curtain for Ancelotti, which is a shame.

Galliani guarranteed ancelotti is going to stay at san siro ;))
afterall, as Stef pointed out, it would be stupid to blame ancelotti for galliani's mistakes.

besides there aren't many options. van basten still has a lot to prove, and rijkaard is nowhere near ancelotti's level.
and i can't see zaccheroni back to milan.
so the only available option remains donadoni. i reckon he's going to be milan's next coach.... but i can't see it happening this season.

did anyone watch roma yesterday? definitely one of the poorests performances since Spalletti is in charge.

I really thought Juve played brilliantly, i would have gathered that Ranieri accessed the way Zenit play and realised that you cant start the game all guns blazing and play a high line just like Man utd did in the super cup. All Juve needed to do was slow down the play to an incredible degree in order to frustrate the Russians and they pulled it off.

I have to say it... I believe 'la vecchia signiora' has the greatest defence in Europe and now everyone has finally realised that Molinaro is terrible De ceglie will be able to strut his stuff just like he did tonight.

However I’m really disappointed to see how badly Nedved played tonight, he's a shadow of the player he was the last time he played in this competition I think the time has come for 'la formica atomica' to take over the reigns and i wasn't at all surprised that Giovinco didn't played today, the game was definitely one for experienced forwards the Russians back line would have torn him to shreds.

I have to end this response by saying that in two seasons time will we see the greatest Italian footballer of the past decade retire? Del piero:CRY:was absolutely inspirational tonight, it was as if he played the part of a magician the way he bamboozled the Zenit backline...the only way they could stop him was by literally kicking him... o well he then made them pay the ultimate price by surely scoring one of this competitions best goals

Congrats for the result Martin and Dominic :)) i had a good feeling about this match yesterday.
i wasn't able to watch the match as my guests yesterday asked to watch the fiorentina match (wich was brilliant), but during the post match interview i heard people saying this wasn't the best juventus seen so far this season (and if it still was good enough to beat zenit i guess u guys must be very happy). many players said they weren't able to play at their best coz they were overwhelmed by the emotion, for being back on top of europe, listening the champions league anthem once again for the first time in the last 2 years.... wich is really nice when u think we're talking about experienced big stars, world champions and golden balls like alessandro del piero, buffon and nedved.

anyway Martin, the best defence in europe..... i'd say that's a bit too much :mryellow:.... maybe one of the most promising defensive lines in europe, having 2 young talents like chiellini and de ceglie (i heard they were both great last night), but i honestly think there are better defensive lines in europe and in italy aswell.
besides juve's biggest assett is arguably the attack (that really is one of the best in europe ;-))

edit:
i forgot to comment about that :))
Sabac Red said:
we better get used to theese kind of upsets mate, as the gap between the top teams and the "medium-size guns" in serie a is getting each season smaller.
fiorentina, udinese, samp, genoa, lazio, atalanta, napoli, catania, torino, they're all much stronger than last season.
and even though parma, livorno and empoli left, the clubs who took their places aren't really weaker than them.

this season we'll probably witness serie a at its best level ever.

Last edited:

Like last season, it's our midfield that contributes so much to our defence. Not just the central block of Poulsen and Sissoko (which is immense by itself), Nedved and Camoranesi are two monsters as well in their defensive work.

One of the best ever for me, Cant believe he's never won the Ballon d'Or or World Player of the Year :((

Back
Top Bottom