Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2008/2009 Season

Will be interesting to see where he plays? LM? could he be played as a deep playmaker?

we gotta know who will be next Juve's trainer first,younggun :)

if he'll be Spalletti i think that juve'll use a 4-2-3-1 and diego will play in the middle of the 3 behind the center forward...

Ranieri getting the Sack then? He's done good IMO, 2nd season back in Serie A and they somewhat "Challenged" Inter, good progress from last year.

Ranieri getting the Sack then? He's done good IMO, 2nd season back in Serie A and they somewhat "Challenged" Inter, good progress from last year.
it's not very hard be 3rd with a such good team (buffon, del piero, trezeguet, amauri, camoranesi, chiellini, nedved, iaquinta, sissoko) in a league like serie A where there are a lot of middle-teams ;)

it's not very hard be 3rd with a such good team (buffon, del piero, trezeguet, amauri, camoranesi, chiellini, nedved, iaquinta, sissoko) in a league like serie A where there are a lot of middle-teams ;)
You could say the same about Inter and the lack of quality in the squads of their challengers this season.

You could say the same about Inter and the lack of quality in the squads of their challengers this season.
it's totally true. I think Inter have a medium-good level team. that the reason why they win in Italy and lost again a big team ManUtd

btw....LAZIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats my point but looks like Italians don't agree with us. oh well..
I'm italian and an inter fan, and i'm honest. I admit in our team we have s**t players (for example Rivas & Burdisso) and some good/very-good level players. the only world-class are IMO Maicon, J.Cesar and Cambiasso, and no other. Maybe Ibra too, but only against mid-level clubs

Last edited:

we gotta know who will be next Juve's trainer first,younggun :)

if he'll be Spalletti i think that juve'll use a 4-2-3-1 and diego will play in the middle of the 3 behind the center forward...

Spalletti will be perfect for Juve, especially if Diego comes. He's a master at building tactical systems centered around a player. He can't use Diego as forward obviously (:P), but 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 seems likely. Juventus do need new full backs for either of the systems to work.

Thats my point but looks like Italians don't agree with us. oh well..

oh come on dude, there's no need for that. first of, u misinterpretated abou's words, as i'm quite sure he agrees on me on that concern.
second, disagreeing is vital for conversation... there would be nothing to talk about if everyone always had the same opinion.
for instance, sometimes i disagree with YoungGun_UK, but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy reading his posts.
it's not like we disagree coz he's wrong... or coz i'm wrong.
the reason is sometimes we see things from different perspectives (hence our different point of views)....and this is great, coz reading his posts, i can see things from a different point of view and he can do the same.
and precisely for this reason, u'll never see me replying to his posts with an "oh well....". and i'm absolutely sure he won't either. u can disagree with somebody and yet respect his point of views.

for instance when YoungGun said this
At the moment I think PL is the best league but Serie A and La Liga are good also.
he expressed his point of view. we might agree or not with him. but sure we can't say he's wrong, coz that's his personal point of view. and he's entitled to have a point of view coz he actually knows what he's talking about.
he has a good knowledge of british football (of course) and he also has a more than decent knowledge of serie a.

when u expressed your point of views instead, u did nothing but telling us "i'm talking about things i don't have a clue about"
and trust me, i'm not trying to insult u here.... it was just sooo evident from your points....
neoexodus said:
The problem with Juventus is obviously the manager that doesn't want any more big names in his team, too bad the big names he already has are over 30 and aren't really improving imo.
by saying that u're just proving u don't know ranieri neither juventus.
if by "big names" u mean football stars, then u're wrong. it's not like ranieri doesn't want them. Juve can't afford them. juve follows the same policies roma, lazio, fiorentina, napoli and many other italian clubs follow (the club funds itself). so they can't afford more than 1 top player per year (last season amauri, this season diego).

and one more thing. the reason why juventus football wasn't really exctiting this season was not because they don't have enough stars. that's just "clueless fans talking".
the quality of the football played by a team does NOT depend just by its players. the coach, the chemistry in the dressing room, the personality and the confidence of the players... the kind of players (and i don't mean quality... by "kind" i mean "role")... there are so many factors.
just place a decent playmaker in the middle of the midfield and u'll see a completely different juventus.

barcelona was one of the most annoying teams to watch last season.
then, in just a few months, the same team (with basically the same players) is playing some wonderful football. big names=quality football is just a silly equation... barca was full of big names last season..... and yet....

Neoexodus said:
Serie A lost his 1st place in the Best league in the World because of that, they kept using players of 30 years old, and didn't come up with a solution for it.
:CONFUSE:
what in the name of God are u talking about!!
serie a has the 2nd lowest average players age among the top 5!!
according to uefa data, ligue un is the only league which displays more under 25 players than italy!!! (just talking about the top 5 though... epl, liga, ligue un, bundes, and serie a).

u see what i'm talking about? u just know milan and inter have many old players.... and, someway, u're pretending to extend that point to the entire league..... even if that's completely false.
how could anybody take u seriously after writing such a silly point?

neoexodus said:
some boring games, some good too but the bad ones outnumber the good ones..
the bad games outnumber the god ones??
that is definitely the most ridiculous of your points. coz serie a's best feature today is precisely the high average quality of the games.
as youggun mentioned our top clubs aren't that top anymore, but the remaining 16 are much better than their english and spanish counterparts... wich means that every week u get at least 3\5 nice matches to watch (wich, to be honest, is more than u get in liga and epl every week).

besides, on wich basis u're making this point? because by saying that all along the season the poor games outnumber the good ones, u're implying u actually watch most of the serie a games on a weekly basis.
now that's clearely false, as u don't watch that amount of match.... from what u wrote, i can tell u hardly watch 2 serie a games per week (and sure u only watch the top clubs).
so once again, u're talking about something u just don't know.

neoexodus said:
old tired teams Big 3 strugling to win an easy match cous they aren't competitive enough, etc
yeah, sure. let me tell u something mate.
reggina is on another planet, compared to numancia or wba
napoli is almost a top club compared to espanyol or blackburn
do u have any idea how big is the gap between udinese and malaga? or between lazio and maiorca??

this is the real reason why the top clubs struggle against mid class clubs.... because serie a's mid class clubs are not mid class anymore, compared to la liga's mid class clubs.

besides what does your point should imply anyway?
i mean, do u find boring to watch a pretty balanced match?
u find more "fun" to watch barca tearing apart every spanish defense week in week out? is that fun for u?
a league with a 23 points gap between the fist and the 3rd club? is that fun?

i'm sorry mate for dismantling every point u made... but that was not my intention. infact my first advice was "hey dude, just watch some serie a action before expressing yourself".... but then u came out with that "oh well...."
it's almost like u asked me to do that.

anyway i'm really sick of theese stupid "wich is the best league" conversations (not to mention the "serie a is not great anymore" conversation).
unfortunately we seem to have one of theese conversations every now and then in the serie a thread.... however now we had it so i hope we're done with this topic for a few months.

moving on, cracking match yesterday. i feel for samp fans, but delio rossi deserved it imo.

Younggun said:
absolutely agree mate. it's a shame what they're doing to ranieri imo. he's no top class, that for sure, but no one, not even lippi or capello could have done better than ranieri did with this juve this season.

Abhisell said:
Juventus do need new full backs for either of the systems to work.
are u trying to place dossena, abhi? :D

Last edited:

Juve are interested in signing De Silvestri, he is a talented youngster and I wouldn't mind seeing him join us! But if Criscito does come back (I read the other day he is, is it confirmed?) then i will be delighted to start Criscito over Molinaro. And Grygera I reckon is a great player and will suffice for another season.

And another point this season, Del Piero has been very poor in the last few weeks of the Serie A, and it is clear he is not passing the ball as much as he did before and I believe the reason for this is, he has no one to pass to at times! Del Piero is not happy right now at the teams performance, he played well against Bologna when GIOVINCO was playing because Sebastian knows how to move around and create actions, Marchionni has been quite poor this season if I'm honest, and Camoranesi has been out majority of the season! We have lacked creativity since Christmas and the only real performers have been Iaquinta recently, Nedved, Marchisio and Giovinco at times and also Camoranesi when he's not getting sent off.

If we sign Diego then we are adding a very creative player similar to Kaka, who can take the ball, beat a man and shoot or pass. If Diego does not receive the ball, he will go get it himself.

Lazio won last night on penalties, it was a very tense game, but they will play European football next season!

yup, the atmosphere was stunning.
but they will play European football next season!
too bad they will display their backups team every time they'll play a uefa cup match.

it's funny how all our chaimen seem to care about uefa cup at the end of every season... they're always so happy for reaching that eufa cup spot..... and then the following season, when the uefa cup begins, they all consider it nothing but a waste of energies.

as for juventus, cobolli gigli said that this seasons budget will allow them to get 2 top signings. so, after diego, there's hope they will actually buy a player they really need.

and napoli is gonna get cigarini! this is a fantastic signing wich will completely change napoli's football next season.
if napoli will be able to hold its stars this summer (namely santacroce, maggio, hamsik, lavezzi) they're gonna fight for the 4th spot along with the likes of udinese, fiorentina, lazio and genoa. :))

I think Napoli really lack a Palombo/De Rossi/Ambrosini kind of player in midfield. Gargano is great, but I don't think he has what it takes to glue the midfield.

I read lately that Zamparini said that UEFA Cup was like winning a banana :LOL:

well zio,i think that napoli absolutely needs a good center forward to be a team that can fight for the 4th place....
denis is one of the worst cf i've seen in the last 5 years in italy and i don't think that zalayeta will stay in Naple anymore.
by the way,cigarini would be a really good signing and i also believe that datolo will be an important player next year (reja wasn't the best coach for him,because the argentinian is not a player for 3-5-2 imho)

I could definitely see a player like Borriello in the Napoli attack. Maybe Borrillo himself as I see him ending up in Napoli.

For now, I think Napoli should go for one of the Inter attackers(Crespo, Cruz) or maybe go for Acquafresca.

Zalayeta from what I have seen misses too much and Denis is really not good to have a player such as Lavezzi behind him.

I think Borriello will stay... Ancelotti last month said he was "untouchable". I hope he stays, I think he is great.

Gigi said:
well zio,i think that napoli absolutely needs a good center forward to be a team that can fight for the 4th place....
denis is one of the worst cf i've seen in the last 5 years in italy and i don't think that zalayeta will stay in Naple anymore.

they say zalayeta might stay (rumours are his little drama with napoli is already solved).
but yes, if zalayeta goes, then a proper foward is needed, as u said :))

Milanista said:
I think Napoli really lack a Palombo/De Rossi/Ambrosini kind of player in midfield. Gargano is great, but I don't think he has what it takes to glue the midfield.

stef, every club in the world could use a palombo, a de rossi or an ambrosini.
they would be a great addition to a top club like man utd or barca, let alone napoli.
the thing is, how many of theese players can u count in europe?
i can count just 1 de rossi.... 8\9 players like palombo.... and 8\9 players like ambrosini.
they're a few, they're all top class players... and they're all out of reach (at the moment) for a club like napoli.

however gargano isn't bad at all for napoli. he's done very well so far. he just needs to improve his sense of position (wich i feel is his major weakness).

sure he's no de rossi or palombo.... but that's like saying that santacroce is no nesta :))

I read lately that Zamparini said that UEFA Cup was like winning a banana

:LOL: at least he's honest :D
however, if that's the case, if palermo's gonna reach the last uefa cup spot (wich is very unlikely), we will just have to line up 11 monkeys and victory will be ours!!! :P

Zeem said:
For now, I think Napoli should go for one of the Inter attackers(Crespo, Cruz) or maybe go for Acquafresca.
they say crespo is gonna be gilardino's backup in firenze next season :))

Last edited:

How much truth is there to Ancelotti going to Chelsea? Man City probably Abou

I think Borriello will stay... Ancelotti last month said he was "untouchable". I hope he stays, I think he is great.

Ancelotti also said that Pato and Gilardino are the future atack of Milan. Plus, It's not really up to Ancelotti :D

Borriello will definitely get his chance next season. It's what he adds would keep him or not. Hope he is not another case of Gilardino, although I think Gilardino would have done excellent in Milan's recent form with Beckham's crosses.

How much truth is there to Ancelotti going to Chelsea? Man City probably Abou

I think it's hard for Ancelotti to stay at Milan. Galliani and him say a lot about staying but IMHO these are Ancelotti's last games. Chelsea? Well lots of talks in many many sources, but I don't know if he'll choose the money or the dream Roma job if it clears up for him. :)

Last edited:

as far as i know also florentino perez wants ancelotti for Real Madrid...carletto could be useful to buy kakà too

I read lately that Zamparini said that UEFA Cup was like winning a banana
:LMAO:True, but I'm sure next season Italian clubs will field their most competitive lineups. Of course this depends on where they sit on the serie a table. For example, Udinese this season have had nothing to play for, they went all out against Werder (one Germany's top sides) with their best available 11 and only just lost. Any team outside of the top 4, still competing in the Uefa cup, will take it seriously.

some boring games, some good too but the bad ones outnumber the good ones..
Who is this guy? Did he watch Catania-Roma today, or Genoa-Samp last week? The only time I bother watching premiership teams is in champions league because otherwise, although played at a higher-tempo, the intensity in the premiership just isn't there. I mentioned how serie a has the most impresive and hard fought derbies out of any other league... and you don't get teams in the bottom half of the table sitting deep against any of the top 4 (aside from counter-attacking Udinese), although could be the top 4 of the premiership are just too good, regardless, you know what to expect from an Arsenal - West Brom match, and me personally, I'd rather what Genoa versus bottom-placed Reggina...

Anyway... Hooray for Inter today, champions for the 4th straight year, and I'm prediciting another win next season seeing as Juventus and Milan have to rebuild from scratch, and Roma, well, no one can save them from their self-destructing ways. :D:APPLAUD:

Lo Zio, I have another question for you, do you know what formaiton Lazio play? Beginning of the season I was convinced it was 4-3-3 but with Foggia player further back than both Pandev and Zarate, it's looking more like a 4-4-2. What's your opinion?

I am starting to think Fiorentina can really take the 2'nd place. Can't wait to see the reinforcements they are going to get in the summer. Hope Mutu and Melo stay.(Amazing FK by him today)

Our own Guardiola :D I think it's still between him and Leonardo. I am rooting for Leonardo because of his loyalty :D

Back
Top Bottom