The Day Before [PC/PS5/XBS]

Game has now been delayed again till March 2023, as they have switched to the Unreal 5 engine.
However if we see it before September, I will be incredibly shocked

statement-1651742730455.png
This game is deffo a scam - never releasing unfortunately

Well no way in hell was it ever coming out in June 2022! Disappointed it's delayed but also not convinced it's really real...

It will most likely come out June next year, but strange to change the engine this close to release.

I think it exists more than Dead Matter which Kickstarted in 2017 and was meant to be on Steam Early Access in 2019.

Whole game looks like a big scam at this point.
Delayed again, this time allegedly due to copyright issue, coz someone else had ownership over "The Day Before" name.
Just ridiculous.
As a developer - first thing you do is to copyright the name.
But anyway - delayed again, now till November. Game taken off Steam, huge backlash, people laughing at them.
Week later they come out with new 10min "gameplay". Still under "The day before" name.. coz why not.. they must have forgot they had an issue.

Not even going to post a link to it.
Everything looks scripted, downgraded and shite. World looks empty and it doesnt have physics and graphics that first "gameplay" trailer had.
They didnt show anything, again.
We still dont know whats the gameplay loop. Is it looter shooter like Division? Is it PVP?PVE?
Is there a story? campaign?
They have shown, yet again, 10mins of nothing that looks like it was built from assets and scripted to pretend that they have something.
Initially - it was one of my most anticipated games.
At this stage - I dont think they even have a game.

i really hope it will be released!! Or if not , then maybe some othe developer will pick this scenario and release a game. This is the setting i really want

i really hope it will be released!! Or if not , then maybe some othe developer will pick this scenario and release a game. This is the setting i really want
If it does come out - it will be poor copy of Division. Cant really see anything special about it anymore.
You have similar settings and better gameplay in Days Gone and Last of Us 2.

If it does come out - it will be poor copy of Division. Cant really see anything special about it anymore.
You have similar settings and better gameplay in Days Gone and Last of Us 2.
yes, played both and they are both great games.
But there is no similar game with this combo setting.
Scum and DayZ is something like this but the engine is old and looking very bad for 2023

Not sure who are they trying to scam. Its not like there are pre orders, or asking for money, or anything..
So I really dont know what are they playing..
Seems with all the attention they are getting they released another game and software and used the twitter account teasing the day before to move traffic towards those products (Illl try to look for the video with more info on it).

i was reading up on this and I do think a game exists. But its a far cry from what was originally teased. Itll be a crappy game just as the gameplay trailer reveled and nothing like the original concept. Sketchy company scrambling to release something

Everything about this game was a lie. From gameplay trailer to description.
It was supposed to be open world survival MMO, but it's basically instance-based looter shooter, poor copy of the Division (which I didn't like either).
But at least Division had some sort of gameplay. Here you can't even vault over a wall that's at the balls height..

So yeah, turns out they did manage to scam a lot of people, coz a lot of people paid for early access.
Big chunk of them requested refunds, but they still made some money on it. Especially since "volunteers" developed this game for free.

This game is exactly the same as the other scam game Dead Matter.
Been in development for years and promised a DayZ beater with loads of content and a much better game.

That was released on Steam and is bugged and completely unfinished.

Companies get away with it as they release it on Early Access, so you can expect bugs and completely unfinished games as these features will be added at some point.

Starting to think that although games are early access they should maybe pass some criteria from Steam.

Reactions: Tom
This game is exactly the same as the other scam game Dead Matter.
Been in development for years and promised a DayZ beater with loads of content and a much better game.

That was released on Steam and is bugged and completely unfinished.

Companies get away with it as they release it on Early Access, so you can expect bugs and completely unfinished games as these features will be added at some point.

Starting to think that although games are early access they should maybe pass some criteria from Steam.
I've never bought an early access game (never pre-ordered also a game). What's the refund policy on early access? Is it again 2h or you can refund the game whenever you want? It should be the latter. If not, it's illegal and against the consumer rights.

Of course there should be. But as long as Steam is getting some cut - they couldnt care less.
It's up to people to start massive refunds and complaints and maybe then something would change.
There's a big difference between this shite and Valheim, which is also early access..

Fear - it's only 2hrs for refunds.

Look at the trailer in the OP, then compare to the actual gameplay....
I think it was Steams most wished game... what a disaster.
To be fair it caught no one by surprise

To be fair it caught no one by surprise
I remember the first "gameplay", with car struggling through the mud and few lads riding and looting countryside together. It looked insane. I thought it's gonna be the next Dayz. Was so hyped for it.

I was thinking at the time that it looked too good to be true, but then Ghost of Tsushima gameplay was released and that looked much more impossible to pull off... and the game turned out to be exactly like the gameplay trailers.

So I was still cautiously curious, until they started delaying it and making some ridiculous excuses about name copyrights problems.. then the second gameplay was released and it looked nothing like the one that got me hyped. I knew then it was all bullshit.

😀😀😀😀 They've made at least £2M and their laughing all the way to the bank. Fair play to them, this world is dog eat dog, 80% of the population of this planet is lacking any brain cells (I'm trying to be polite).
This was a fntastic scam with good execution based on the above mentioned facts.
Congratulations also to Steam for being part of the scam.

😀😀😀😀 They've made at least £2M and their laughing all the way to the bank. Fair play to them, this world is dog eat dog, 80% of the population of this planet is lacking any brain cells (I'm trying to be polite).
This was a fntastic scam with good execution based on the above mentioned facts.
Congratulations also to Steam for being part of the scam.
Steam usually pays on the 30th of each month, so not sure they actually made a single dime yet.

Steam usually pays on the 30th of each month, so not sure they actually made a single dime yet.
Usually yes but this is not always the case. It comes down to individual agreements with companies. Steam reacting that fast disabling the ability to buy it might mean they have already paid the "company" a big sum of money and they don't want to deal with further refunds.
Something is very fishy here because there is always a (small) chance these devs pulled the plug with "good intentions". In this case I don't think Steam has the power to withdraw the game without solid evidence it was a scam. If Steam knows there's a fraud their legal team must inform the relevant authorities.
Steam is also refunding the game outside of the strict boundaries of its policy. This means the refund policy is loose and open to interpretation which is not a bad thing for the consumer. Now Steam will have to deal with a wave of refunds for both Starfield and Forza Motorsport. The first one had misleading, "grey area" advertisement and the latter is confirmed even by the Turn10 devs to have serious performance issues.

Reactions: Tom
Back
Top Bottom