The Retro-PES Corner

Never knew about this game released by Konami. The graphic is an enhanced version compared to the PS1, the animations are the same. It's like seeing PES6 on the Xbox360

Nice find, same never heard of it. I guess that’s PES1/Winning Eleven 5 equivalent?

Nice find, same never heard of it. I guess that’s PES1/Winning Eleven 5 equivalent?
Came out a month after WE5, and North America didn't get PES1/WE5, so this could well be their variant. The Xbox and GC ports came around March/April 2002, then NA got PES2 in March 2003. All fake players in international teams though, so some might say 'not as good' as PES1 due to things like that. Plays similar though

@FC Bayern Yeah, we got MLS ExtraTime as this (not to be confused with the wonderful MLS Gamenight, which was a port of ISS2 from the PS1 and my avatar/gateway drug). I never actually played the PS2 version, though. WE6 International was our first non-MLS branded game in March 2003, which may have been a mistake because the Winning Eleven name, at the time time, drew heaps of jokes aimed my way from my non-football friends and always seemed a bit too Japanese and silly/cutesy.

MLS Game Night was a port of ISS1 and a great game with crazy stats for the MLS players. MLS ExtraTime is like you took PES1 PSX, made it a bit worse and updated just the graphics, it does not play similarly to PES/WE PS2.

@Silverdome94

The name Winning Eleven was better than PES, ISS etc. I’m in Europe so we went from ISS to PES but I always felt Winning Eleven was the better name and really couldn’t understand why they would keep the name for Asia, South America and North America yet change to Pro Evolution Soccer in Europe. If anything, it would make more sense that they called it Pro Evolution Soccer for the countries that call football “soccer” and use the name winning eleven for Europe. The mind boggles

@FC Bayern Yeah, we got MLS ExtraTime as this (not to be confused with the wonderful MLS Gamenight, which was a port of ISS2 from the PS1 and my avatar/gateway drug). I never actually played the PS2 version, though. WE6 International was our first non-MLS branded game in March 2003, which may have been a mistake because the Winning Eleven name, at the time time, drew heaps of jokes aimed my way from my non-football friends and always seemed a bit too Japanese and silly/cutesy.
My only real complaint for MLS ET was the fact that player names couldn't be edited. I put the names of a load of 'adult stars' into MLS Gamenight, just to spice the teams up a bit 🤣 I may have to return to that game at some point, as Japan is the only team I got fully done (although it was the main focus of the concept)

I was using a newer cheat engine. I went ahead and used cheat engine 5.5 and it worked! I've applied it to many different Sany's installers and they've all worked fine!

I attach both the PES 6 Superstar mod and the Cheat Engine 5.5 here. :TU:
Hello,how do you install those 2 things? they work for any Pes6 patch? it's to increase the difficulty,right? sorry for my bad english,i never write it or speak it,i get help from a translator,greetings.

Hello,how do you install those 2 things? they work for any Pes6 patch? it's to increase the difficulty,right? sorry for my bad english,i never write it or speak it,i get help from a translator,greetings.
Yes, you need both programs. The directions are included in the file, in some images. Just follow the instructions in the images (using cheat engine 5.5 and with the game open) and you should be good to go. :TU:

Can anyone help me here? Sorry if it's off topic.
I've downloaded the pesjp 2013 patch and all of the addons, but once i head on to the first match of the league, the scouting report cutscene plays, and the game crashes. Anytime i try to load back into the save, the game crashes, what can i do?

Hey guys, can someone help me solve this mystery for me?

I downloaded this patch, and it looks like a hybrid of WE10 and PES6. Plays like a hybrid. Whole menu flow is PES6, but on the pitch plays more like WE10.

I play through PCSX2 and it doesn't recognise it as either PES6 or WE10, classed as completely separate. The patch has intrigued me in what has been done to achieve this, does anyone know? Definitely worth a download and play either way!

It's PES6.. on WE10 u can change the combination of the tshirt and the short separately

View attachment 288130
Yes the complete menu flow is PES6. However it doesn't play like PES6, more like WE10.

I dug into the files and found that the SLPM file is exactly the same as WE10, however the whole flow (even the start when it asks about 50/60htz) is just like PES6.

I've never seen a patch like it, wonder how they did it, and what it is!

EDIT: I think the assessment of it being PES6/WE10LE is accurate, but the SLPM file being from WE10 has thrown me!

Last edited:
Just played my first game in the euros thought I would post a little sample of how it went in the retro thread

Playing the Swiss in the first game went down to an early goal by Chapuisat slotting in from a great reverse pass

I struggled a bit after that only got a few half chances but in the 68th minute Gazza floated in a beautiful free kick to who else but Shearer to make it 1-1

Once I got used to controlling Gascoigne the AI couldn't contain me with his deft turns and passes I started to dominate and could have won the game with a great goal in the last 5 minutes with a beautiful flick by Shearer to Sheringham

Holand beat Scotland 2-0 and we face the scots next with a chance to put them out

does anyone still have this mod? pes 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-48-52-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-48-52-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-48-47-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-48-47-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 40
Hey guys, can someone help me solve this mystery for me?

I downloaded this patch, and it looks like a hybrid of WE10 and PES6. Plays like a hybrid. Whole menu flow is PES6, but on the pitch plays more like WE10.

I play through PCSX2 and it doesn't recognise it as either PES6 or WE10, classed as completely separate. The patch has intrigued me in what has been done to achieve this, does anyone know? Definitely worth a download and play either way!

You can extract the executable (sles, slpm, etc) and check the sizes between we10 and pes6 that way you can confirm which game its, although as @H_G sadly looks like pes6, probably they just changed the name of the executable and thats all

An interesting version of PES (winning eleven) you may not know about. I imported it back in the day for my GBA. The guy that sold me it sent a folded piece of paper with all the menus translated into English 😄 Surprisingly the gameplay was quite similar to to the console versions. I thought it was a great feat to get the game anywhere near its console counterparts.

It's one that I own/have played but not as much as I'd like. The screen on my GBA is crap for starters. But I've played a bit through emulation. As an aside, the Master League team names are outrageous:

And now i will send you much deeper. In the first OGs!!!!

View attachment 284863

I've posted it umpteen times before but it never ceases to amaze: the majority of these were named after Alfa Romeo employees!

Never knew about this game released by Konami. The graphic is an enhanced version compared to the PS1, the animations are the same. It's like seeing PES6 on the Xbox360

It's a gem!

Back
Top Bottom