The Retro-PES Corner

It's one that I own/have played but not as much as I'd like. The screen on my GBA is crap for starters. But I've played a bit through emulation. As an aside, the Master League team names are outrageous:

I've posted it umpteen times before but it never ceases to amaze: the majority of these were named after Alfa Romeo employees!

It's a gem!
By GBA screen you mean the physical console I assume? I am too old for those tiny screens , and not yet my presbyopia has arrived! 😂

On PC on GBA emulator you can upscale the graphics and buff the details with some filters.

About the OG MLM defaults, I like the recycling every now and then cause I almost tend to forget everyone except for Pavia.

IIRC you or someone else, had posted an article about how the names were inspired by the Italian car manufacturer industry, some years ago.

By GBA screen you mean the physical console I assume? I am too old for those tiny screens , and not yet my presbyopia has arrived! 😂

On PC on GBA emulator you can upscale the graphics and buff the details with some filters.

About the OG MLM defaults, I like the recycling every now and then cause I almost tend to forget everyone except for Pavia.

IIRC you or someone else, had posted an article about how the names were inspired by the Italian car manufacturer industry, some years ago.

If you prefer real hardware the GameCube can play GBA games natively. Either spend a ton on the Gameboy player for GameCube (disc required) or you can hack the GameCube and play them from a SD card.

Guys, do any of you know of any PES editions have an International Challenge mode (besides PES 6)?

I want to play a campaign with the Romanian NT, and play European Qualifying all the way to the World Cup. PES 6 seems like a great choice, but I just wanted to know if there are other options out there that include this mode. :)

Guys, do any of you know of any PES editions have an International Challenge mode (besides PES 6)?

I want to play a campaign with the Romanian NT, and play European Qualifying all the way to the World Cup. PES 6 seems like a great choice, but I just wanted to know if there are other options out there that include this mode. :)

If im not wrong we9 japan and we10

Does anyone know how to make a PES 2008 BESLES-54913P2K8OPT file readable again in the editor ? I want to test out some global edits, but it's only recognizing the original .psu file Geeeeee uploaded. I even was able to convert it back to a .psu file after first using the save builder to convert it to a .max file and then the save converter to a .psu, but the editor still isn't seeing it.

Been playing PES 3 a lot recently and if course over the years and out if interest I downloaded WE7:I for the PC which is the American release (not the Japanese upgraded version)

I didn't expect any differences apart from the renaming etc but there are some different boots and pre match options, different colour palette and the gameplay is without a doubt slightly different to the EU version

It's not placebo if you have played PES 3 as much as I have lately you notice any small difference and I noticed the ball physics you can add way more curve to than PES 3 and also AI is more direct in their play. Maybe this was implemented due to the wanting it to be more exciting to that region

Been playing PES 3 a lot recently and if course over the years and out if interest I downloaded WE7:I for the PC which is the American release (not the Japanese upgraded version)

I didn't expect any differences apart from the renaming etc but there are some different boots and pre match options, different colour palette and the gameplay is without a doubt slightly different to the EU version

It's not placebo if you have played PES 3 as much as I have lately you notice any small difference and I noticed the ball physics you can add way more curve to than PES 3 and also AI is more direct in their play. Maybe this was implemented due to the wanting it to be more exciting to that region
The versione We It's always better

Tried Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution and before that played Pes 2005 on Pcsx2 for about a week and a half. With the same settings, in my opinion the graphics are a little better in Pes 2005.. In some moments... Who also noticed this, is this really true? I read here that the We 9 LE version is better than the regular Pes 2005, but in terms of visuals, it is slightly different... I also saw Pes 2008 praised here, although I played it on Xbox 360. Is there a Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution with a patch and an optional file for the PC version?

Tried Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution and before that played Pes 2005 on Pcsx2 for about a week and a half. With the same settings, in my opinion the graphics are a little better in Pes 2005.. In some moments... Who also noticed this, is this really true? I read here that the We 9 LE version is better than the regular Pes 2005, but in terms of visuals, it is slightly different... I also saw Pes 2008 praised here, although I played it on Xbox 360. Is there a Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution with a patch and an optional file for the PC version?
Play any pes/we from 2008 but the ps2 version

hi! I need a suggestion from the community of retro Pes fans... what do you think is the best PS2 game (to use on emulator or console) to play a master league with? I tried the "new" ones after 2008 but I don't know much about them, I saw that in some versions there is the champions league, club world cup etc... but in general for completeness, team available, playability etc which one do you recommend?

hi! I need a suggestion from the community of retro Pes fans... what do you think is the best PS2 game (to use on emulator or console) to play a master league with? I tried the "new" ones after 2008 but I don't know much about them, I saw that in some versions there is the champions league, club world cup etc... but in general for completeness, team available, playability etc which one do you recommend?

From memory, the turning point is 2012. That's when you get way more depth in the Master League, with scouting, staffing, sponsorship etc. But my usual advice in the age of emulation is: give them all a go!

Does anyone have this file?

Fernando_WE9_English_v5_PESKOREA.ppf

Its for original WE9 (Japan) with emblems.

Also, does anyone have an OF for WE9 Japan with kits made?

I'm trying to find an original patch/OF for WE9(J) that I had back in the day, with original rosters, kits made in OF and emblems, and I cannot seem to find anything besides the v5 translated ISO without emblems and OFs without kits. And some patches that completely change the entire game.

Last edited:
How the hell you edit players from obscure nations such as Kuwait or Trinidad and Tobago. I edit early 2010s Pes games which has a lot of nations. I don't want to use FM to PES converter because bad players have high stats. For example some Iraqi players and Haaland can both have 17 Jumping on FM. I have some idea like use a random player stats from Pes who is similiar with a player i edit. Go to Fminside and look for my players stats. Then give him Pes stats based on another one. For example if 2 highest players stat is 18 Jumping and 17 Speed then i will use 2 highest players stat of a Pes player who has 75 and 72 values for a stat.

How the hell you edit players from obscure nations such as Kuwait or Trinidad and Tobago. I edit early 2010s Pes games which has a lot of nations. I don't want to use FM to PES converter because bad players have high stats. For example some Iraqi players and Haaland can both have 17 Jumping on FM. I have some idea like use a random player stats from Pes who is similiar with a player i edit. Go to Fminside and look for my players stats. Then give him Pes stats based on another one. For example if 2 highest players stat is 18 Jumping and 17 Speed then i will use 2 highest players stat of a Pes player who has 75 and 72 values for a stat.
Sometimes I wish PES still used the WE2002 stat scale (1-20), makes FM stats conversion much easier

Play any pes/we from 2008 but the ps2 version
I thought that the PS2 version was considered the only good one, because it was essentially an improved PES 6. I know that I had it on PC (twice, tried it again a couple of years back to give it another chance) and never grew to like it at all. The graphics are totally different on PS2, much more like PES 6.

If you want I’ve created an excel sheet to do that. Quite happy with the results but it’s a lot of work as you will be editing player by player. Also you’ll need the plugin from @marqisspes6 to get the stats from fm inside

hi guys, can anyone tell me how to edit the WE9LEK.exe?, when i use the pes5-ts-exe-editor-v20, i get error saying bad file version,,, thank you

Thanks for help, but i am not really smart or good with Excel. If somebody wants to use eFootball stats but think it is too low. I love to use progression and upgrade to 99 level. Then upgrade every stat by 13, because it upgrades till maximum level of 99. For GK it is a little bit complicated because i upgrade GK stats and Aerial ability by 13 also, except for Jump stat which i upgrade only by 7 because they are really high. You can see example of Arda Guler with normal stat being on the left and converted on the right

Attack 68 --> 78
Finishing 70 --> 80
Power 66 --> 76

Control 78 --> 88
Dribbling 83 --> 93
Possession 82 --> 92
Balance 76 --> 86

Header 46 --> 57
Jump 52 --> 63
Defence 51 --> 62 (I don't include Engagement stats because i think it is too much)
Tackle 51 --> 62
Agression 52 --> 63

S. Pass 77 --> 87
L. Pass 73 --> 83
Free Kick 70 --> 80
Swerve 77 --> 87

Speed 67 --> 77
Acceleration 80 --> 90
Strength 51 --> 62
Stamina 65 --> 75

Yes basically it just +10 all stats(sometimes +11) and i know it can overrate some players, but i edit 2010s Pes games which have ratings so i will downgrade them to right rating.

Also if you think Pes 2010 ratings are really low(Messi 84, GK in 60s,70s, Strikers low for some reason). I think i have a fix.
In Pes 2010 you have skill cards. Orange and Green cards, green ones upgrade rating. For every outfield player you will give them 10 skill cards (Reaction,passer,1 on 1 finish,PK Taker,1 touch,Outside curve, Slide tackle, Cover, quick turn and marseille roulette), but for GKs you will give them 2 skill cards(1 on 1 GK and PK saver). Also for some reason Center Forwards are better as SS, no matter if they are Firmino or Giroud SS is always higher rated than CF, so just for CF players convert them to SS or make SS a playable position. You can give them skill cards using Pes 2010 editor global functions.👍

This topic is very active. Well it's a summons...
I really need your help. Because, there are geniuses, editing experts around here. Suddenly, someone can unravel this engima that has been tormenting me.

LOOK

Has anyone got a game save for WE6FE the gamecube version? I found a couple on a gamesave site but they won't load? I just want a file that translates the players names

Hi all, I posted this on a more relevant thread early this morning, but I have not got a reply yet and I am so impatient :P so I thought I could post it here even though it is a little off topic but it will help with my new option file so maybe not so off topic :D

How often do sofifa update it’s player stats?
Is it as soon as fifa update theirs? Like twice a season, or more or less?

Thanks

Reactions: H_G
Hi all, I posted this on a more relevant thread early this morning, but I have not got a reply yet and I am so impatient :P so I thought I could post it here even though it is a little off topic but it will help with my new option file so maybe not so off topic :D

How often do sofifa update it’s player stats?
Is it as soon as fifa update theirs? Like twice a season, or more or less?

Thanks
When I played FC24 (for a about 3 months before quitting it) they’re were pretty quick at updating players.
I found this converter a while ago if it’s any use to you and others? Not sure how it converts specials though:

https://pes6.es/frontend/stats

Anyone play ISS deluxe? It had a mode that I don’t think any game after used (could be wrong) where you had to overcome scenarios. Eg things like you’re trailing the game 1-2, you’re into injury time in the game and you’ve got to get an equaliser before the whistle blows. I thought that was one of the best modes and always wondered why they didn’t make it a permanent mode going forward. That would have been great for later games like PES 5, 6 and all of them going forward.

Anyone play ISS deluxe? It had a mode that I don’t think any game after used (could be wrong) where you had to overcome scenarios. Eg things like you’re trailing the game 1-2, you’re into injury time in the game and you’ve got to get an equaliser before the whistle blows. I thought that was one of the best modes and always wondered why they didn’t make it a permanent mode going forward. That would have been great for later games like PES 5, 6 and all of them going forward.

loved that game especially the PSX version

When I played FC24 (for a about 3 months before quitting it) they’re were pretty quick at updating players.
I found this converter a while ago if it’s any use to you and others? Not sure how it converts specials though:

https://pes6.es/frontend/stats

Thanks @PES4eva that’s good to know :)

I used to use the same converter, but have been using this one mostly:

Thread 'PES Stats Converter Copy Addon'
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-stats-converter-copy-addon.94290/

Back
Top Bottom