The Retro-PES Corner

This may have been discussed many times, but after PES 6, do the PS2 editions change much at all other than players and kits?

I know PES 5 and 6 are the top dogs, but I often wonder if anyone prefers 2008-14 on ps2 more.

Gameplay seems similar from some videos.

I suppose the bigger appeal for 5 and 6 is the nostalgia that comes with it!

For me PES2008 the PS2 version (with adjusted stats) is much better than PES5 and PES6 (never liked PES6 too arcadey for me) Simply because the CPU is more challenging and attacks you in different ways depending on how you play.

I have tried the ones after it but they are not as good even with the Champions League licence. In fact I recently gave PES2014 another go but it is too easy which is a shame.

If you check out the PES2008 threads on this site you will find plenty of ISOs and Option Files.

https://evoweb.uk/forums/pes-2008-we-2008.349/

good evening, someone send me a link to download pes 2012 easily, and explain all the steps, thanks

Hello.
Could any kind soul help me?After years, I finally found Winning Eleven 10, fully licensed, preserving its era.

The quality seems excellent, I recommend it to everyone. The problem is that I can't download it. The Mega is limited for me. :(
Well, could someone upload it through mediafire?

It looks very good, work that went beyond the details of user name 99. I was not aware of it. But, note that everything in it is in Option File.
As for the patch that I released (on YouTube), everything was inserted directly into ISO. Kits and Logos. And, this is unprecedented, at least for me. I'm referring to preserving the identity and season of WE 10.
Even so, thank you for your response.

I don't usually get high scoring games on PES 3 over the years but just had a crazy game vs Everton in the ML. I'm currently top of div 1 only a point ahead of Man Utd with 3 games left so need to win every one.

A young Wayne Rooney opened the scoring against the run of play which annoyed me and we dominated to take a 2-1 lead at half time then 3-1 up in the second half only for Everton (mainly Rooney) to come back to lead 4-3. Thankfully in the last 10 minutes after a few substitutions I snatch it 5-4 and Everton hit the post from a deflection with pretty much the last kick of the game. Still on course for the title

20240727_124517.jpg

@slamsoze @rockstrongo
Hey bros wanted to ask you! :) If I remember correctly, you guys played quite a bit of Master League in PES 2015. I have picked up this edition recently and I've really enjoyed the gameplay, but the familiar problem appears: The inflated simulated scores!

Anything over 10 minutes is inflated for CPU scores (5-4, 6-3 etc)..

I have found that 11 minutes is the MAXIMUM one can play with somewhat realistic simulated scores.. If you move to 12 minutes, then you start getting the insane 5-4's simulation. But 11 seems a bit short for me..

I would love to play 15 minute matches, but in your experience, does the inflated scores for the simulated matches break immersion? I guess I could always ignore the other scores and just go on goal difference and points, but then again, I'm not sure if the CPU scoring more goals in the sim matches mean that their strikers will grow exponentially faster than mine..

Anyone else who has experience with this, or a suggestion, let me know, but I mention @rockstrongo and @slamsoze specifically as I remember they were long-term PES 2015 fans. :TU:

@slamsoze @rockstrongo
Hey bros wanted to ask you! :) If I remember correctly, you guys played quite a bit of Master League in PES 2015. I have picked up this edition recently and I've really enjoyed the gameplay, but the familiar problem appears: The inflated simulated scores!

Anything over 10 minutes is inflated for CPU scores (5-4, 6-3 etc)..

I have found that 11 minutes is the MAXIMUM one can play with somewhat realistic simulated scores.. If you move to 12 minutes, then you start getting the insane 5-4's simulation. But 11 seems a bit short for me..

I would love to play 15 minute matches, but in your experience, does the inflated scores for the simulated matches break immersion? I guess I could always ignore the other scores and just go on goal difference and points, but then again, I'm not sure if the CPU scoring more goals in the sim matches mean that their strikers will grow exponentially faster than mine..

Anyone else who has experience with this, or a suggestion, let me know, but I mention @rockstrongo and @slamsoze specifically as I remember they were long-term PES 2015 fans. :TU:
It doesn't really matter what length you use, it will be inflated anyway.
Sometimes when I aim games (skip) I've gone 5 min to keep scores down but it rarely helps.
If players grows faster, don't think so, I haven't really experienced that.
I think they grow because of NR of games played.
Not 💯 on that but I haven't really experienced anything out of the ordinary.

Great game though to bad about the scores

Thanks rock. At least in PC version though, there is a difference in inflated scores from 10 minutes or more than 10..
Not sure about console versions though.
Anyway, grazie for the info. :TU:

Thanks rock. At least in PC version though, there is a difference in inflated scores from 10 minutes or more than 10..
Not sure about console versions though.
Anyway, grazie for the info. :TU:
Yeah, I'm on console maybe that's why.
To bad they fucked that up, and keepers in 16

1722153710744.png

To address the above point, I just simulated an entire season with Arsenal (PES 2015), testing it with 13 minute matches.

Doing a quick calculation:
Average goals per game: 3.003 goals per game
Average goals per game in real life 2015/16 EPL: 2.70 goals per game

It's a little high, but surprisingly not as much as I thought with 13 minute matches! (There were plenty of 5-2 results, but also a fair number of 1-0's, 0-0's, and 1-1's).

In the end, I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, there are a good number of high-scoring games, but somewhat evened out by low-scoring ones, so in the end, it comes out ok!

Of course, playing/simming with 12 or 11 minute matches will probably yield lower results, and 14+ will result in higher..

So in terms of match length, I think I will settle for 12-13 minute played and simmed matches (10 seemed too low for playing for me, and 15 was just too inflated in terms of sim scores). :TU:

Last edited:
View attachment 293482

To address the above point, I just simulated an entire season with Arsenal (PES 2015), testing it with 13 minute matches.

Doing a quick calculation:
Average goals per game: 3.003 goals per game
Average goals per game in real life 2015/16 EPL: 2.70 goals per game

It's a little high, but surprisingly not as much as I thought with 13 minute matches! (There were plenty of 5-2 results, but also a fair number of 1-0's, 0-0's, and 1-1's).

In the end, I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, there are a good number of high-scoring games, but somewhat evened out by low-scoring ones, so in the end, it comes out ok!

Of course, playing/simming with 12 or 11 minute matches will probably yield lower results, and 14+ will result in higher..

So in terms of match length, I think I will settle for 12-13 minute played and simmed matches (10 seemed too low for playing for me, and 15 was just too inflated). :TU:

Nice statistics for the purpouse of PES investigation bro :TU:. Now, what I've also noticed in those fox engine PS4 versions from 2014 onwards regarding those CPU vs CPU simulated scores, there isn't any 2-1 or 1-2 scores at all when the results shows on. Don't remember if it was also the case in PS3 era versions...

There are actually no 2:1 or 1:2 results offline from pes14. ( ps2 and ps3) Not in the league, not in the cup. That was the beginning of the decline of the PES series for me. A reason for me to stop playing these games.
sometimes I still try to play pes 2004-pes2008 on the ps2. However, I usually give up shortly after the game starts.
The randomness, spectator atmosphere and player announcements (even the goalkeeper is announced) in PES2003 are more important to me than new shoes.
I continue to play PES2003 with pleasure.

Last edited:
Nice statistics for the purpouse of PES investigation bro :TU:. Now, what I've also noticed in those fox engine PS4 versions from 2014 onwards regarding those CPU vs CPU simulated scores, there isn't any 2-1 or 1-2 scores at all when the results shows on. Don't remember if it was also the case in PS3 era versions...
Hey man! :TU: I think PES 2014, 15, and 16 have this issue (PES 2015 especially had the inflated scores. The other ones had more normal sim scores, but without too many 2-1 or 1-2 scores IIRC), but I think from 2017 onwards this was fixed.. Would have to double check though! I wanted to test this especially on PES 2015 because of the inflated sim scores, but I think that for 13 minutes, it's pretty ok to play a Master League for played games, even if the scores are a little high, the played duration seems ok for my liking. :)

Last edited:
Lately I'm enjoying very much PES2019 on the PS4 - Feels like a differebt gameplay from PC for some reason (probably placebo but anyway). Playing a ML with Tigres and besides the occasional scripting I'm finding the game very responsive, with random shots and good midfield battles. All in all a much much more enjoyable game than PES21, modded or not.

Lately I'm enjoying very much PES2019 on the PS4 - Feels like a differebt gameplay from PC for some reason (probably placebo but anyway). Playing a ML with Tigres and besides the occasional scripting I'm finding the game very responsive, with random shots and good midfield battles. All in all a much much more enjoyable game than PES21, modded or not.
Yeah I really like PES19, I still have the PS4 demo as I like it very much, on the ball feels great, think AI may be a bit boring though, can't remember.

Yeah I really like PES19, I still have the PS4 demo as I like it very much, on the ball feels great, think AI may be a bit boring though, can't remember.
I'd play that game (ML) a lot if it wasn't for the one dimensional AI, and lack of D2 leagues.
But in the ball, and exhibition/league mode, fantastic game

I had a thought while playing PES 2015 PC earlier, I remembered once playing that 2014 to 2017 had poor LOD on the PC versions, noticeably during entrances and replays. There never seemed to be an LOD mod for these versions on PC.

I believe eFootball's LOD settings are stored in the EXE? @marqisspes6 or @Bogo36, as you have experience with HEX editing the LOD values in these games, do you believe this might be the case and would it be something either of you would consider exploring if you have these games? If needed I can send you the EXE's or any CPK files if you believe they may stored in to take a look?

I had a thought while playing PES 2015 PC earlier, I remembered once playing that 2014 to 2017 had poor LOD on the PC versions, noticeably during entrances and replays. There never seemed to be an LOD mod for these versions on PC.

I believe eFootball's LOD settings are stored in the EXE? @marqisspes6 or @Bogo36, as you have experience with HEX editing the LOD values in these games, do you believe this might be the case and would it be something either of you would consider exploring if you have these games? If needed I can send you the EXE's or any CPK files if you believe they may stored in to take a look?
Im pretty sure its in the exe and its the same as with efootball. Which PES are you talking about? I can download and check it for you.

Im pretty sure its in the exe and its the same as with efootball. Which PES are you talking about? I can download and check it for you.
Thanks, it's pretty much 2014 to 2017 on PC that have poor LOD, I don't expect you to download and install all those games if you don't already have them. Or to fix the LOD on all of them, I'd be interested in learning what to look for and how to do it to save you the trouble?

If you like I can send you any relevant files that might help?

That would be a cool option.
Even though I don't mind the lower LOD on PC at all, it would be a nice add-on to PES 2014-17, like a bonus on already very enjoyable games. :)

One thing I would like to point out, is that PES 2015-17 have a lot of gameplay mods that are embedded in the gameplay exes (which replace the Vanilla).... so IF this can be done, it would be quite useful if it could be created as a sider add-on (or perhaps a .cpk for DP File List Generator)..
I'd like to point out that it's not a request, but a suggestion, it would be great if it could be added in this style.

Anyway, no pressure at all.... Just giving out ideas in the event this can be done. Thanks. :TU:

Last edited:
PES 2019 was my last Konami game (even in PES19 there were no 2:1 or 1:2 results for the KI offline).After that I lost interest and only play PES 2003. I can still remember very well how most of the AI's attacks came from the wings ( pes 2019). Even an update back then didn't help solve the problem...

Sorry man, i never modded on the modern pes games in fact there's some missing lod yet on older pes games

Sorry guys, I just came on here to have a rant.

As much as I love Konami for their excellent retro PES games, I really hate the fact that sometimes there is no solution to the problems that come from editing these games. What makes it frustrating is that there is no answers to some of the random things that come up at times.

Not too sure about the other games but PES2008 the PS2 version which you guys know that I love has been giving me problems these last couple of days.

I started a ML with my adjusted stats option file yesterday but then Other League C players appeared "PLAYER A1 etc", I don't want these in the game because they mess up the ML with 5000 salary players etc.

I know they appeared because of the global adjustments that I made, it has happened in previous option files that I have done. The work around is to adjust those players back to their original stats ie. 70, 70, 70 etc. It takes time because you have to do them individually.

This time I thought I could just use the PES editor, and open up a second option file, and copy and paste each player over. I tried it for TEAM A, then I tested by loading up a ML and the result was that they did not appear. Excellent! or so I thought.

So I spent time editing over the rest of those teams, all the way through to TEAM R, which takes time.

I then started a ML, and have been going through my team to see what players I should have in what positions you know planning for the season ahead.

Then I just happened to check the players in the ML in the search section and there are all the TEAM A to TEAM R players again. I have just wasted a whole evening with this game and have done nothing.

I can't understand why in previous option files the teams do not appear, then when I tested it, team A did not appear, but now for some reason they appear.

It is baffling to me. I am sure you editors and patch makers hit a brick wall sometimes. :BRICK:

I am guessing that I have to go into the game editor itself and make the changes as I think this has worked for me before, but everything takes time and it really takes the joy out of my editing and out of trying to play the game.

Sorry for the long rant, but I know you guys understand the frustration sometimes. I guess it would be best if I did not make any adjustments but the reason I want to keep them is because the game to me is too fast and crap without them. :(

Sorry guys, I just came on here to have a rant.

As much as I love Konami for their excellent retro PES games, I really hate the fact that sometimes there is no solution to the problems that come from editing these games. What makes it frustrating is that there is no answers to some of the random things that come up at times.

Not too sure about the other games but PES2008 the PS2 version which you guys know that I love has been giving me problems these last couple of days.

I started a ML with my adjusted stats option file yesterday but then Other League C players appeared "PLAYER A1 etc", I don't want these in the game because they mess up the ML with 5000 salary players etc.

I know they appeared because of the global adjustments that I made, it has happened in previous option files that I have done. The work around is to adjust those players back to their original stats ie. 70, 70, 70 etc. It takes time because you have to do them individually.

This time I thought I could just use the PES editor, and open up a second option file, and copy and paste each player over. I tried it for TEAM A, then I tested by loading up a ML and the result was that they did not appear. Excellent! or so I thought.

So I spent time editing over the rest of those teams, all the way through to TEAM R, which takes time.

I then started a ML, and have been going through my team to see what players I should have in what positions you know planning for the season ahead.

Then I just happened to check the players in the ML in the search section and there are all the TEAM A to TEAM R players again. I have just wasted a whole evening with this game and have done nothing.

I can't understand why in previous option files the teams do not appear, then when I tested it, team A did not appear, but now for some reason they appear.

It is baffling to me. I am sure you editors and patch makers hit a brick wall sometimes. :BRICK:

I am guessing that I have to go into the game editor itself and make the changes as I think this has worked for me before, but everything takes time and it really takes the joy out of my editing and out of trying to play the game.

Sorry for the long rant, but I know you guys understand the frustration sometimes. I guess it would be best if I did not make any adjustments but the reason I want to keep them is because the game to me is too fast and crap without them. :(

I managed to work out that I had to go into the in game editor and go onto each player in Other League C and then change them back to Default, now they no longer appear in ML. :)

Guess I'm also a retro pes enjoyer. Having played pes 6, pes 2013, pes 2017, pes 2021 (plus a bunch of fm/fifa versions) the only game still give me joy is pes 2013 (along with PESJP patch 3.09)

Pes 6 was great for it's time and I played it the most, but it's just too basic to stand the test of time. It just looks robotic at this point, more like a program software (or a spreadsheet) than a game. Still, many nice memories, I remember those summer nights grinding with wc 2010 in the background TV.
Pes 2017 and Pes 2021 now are closer to FIFA tier, too arcadey, the same pass-assisted-3 ping pong all the way to the locker room, can't even tell the difference between Messi and Lukaku because they are all pingponging/arcade-dribbling the same. My long-pass/tackle button is full of rusts due to no using at all (yikes)

Pes 2013... I cannot describe how, but me and my friends (a bunch of 20s dudes) still find ourselves play it casually at home and laughing at my laptop monitor rather than going out to the store with ps5 and 40 inches TVs with booming stereos.

Hell, what even is this barely put-together creative-voided static piece of graphic? It's lazy, bored and soulless. 1722849729464.png
While the moment entering pes 2013, catch a glimpse of that vibrant menu and the cheerful, full-of-life soundtrack, me and the boys know we gonna have a good time :) 1722851259587.png

(ik my english is kinda crap but i think you guys got it. Guess i just want to give some thought of a retro gamer, and also I cannot thank the community enough for preserving good old materials through all this time :) ) Years later I def will play with my sons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom