The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

Been meaning to play Might and Magic 4: Clouds of Xeen. :) I'm a big fan of the original M&M games, especially 3, Isles of Terra (not to be confused with Heroes of Might and Magic, which is also cool). Something about this interface seems straightforward and fun to me, exploring these worlds seems like a lot of fun. I remember spending literally thousands of hours playing Isles of Terra when I was a little kid, and haven't checked this one out yet. In the mood to explore medieval towns and castles in an old-school interface. :) Here is my favorite, part 3:

Last edited:
@Hayes that looks really cool. : Never been a huge fan of the mechas but that looks really fun. :)

Here's another one I've been playing lately! Soo fun to play it 2-player, who can forget TMNT Turtles in Time?! Very well designed game, and rightfully considered one of the SNES classics. Even though I never played the arcade version, and I also recognize it as a classic, the one that brings on the memories is the SNES version. So fun to bash your way through foot soldiers, and with a nice roster of classic bosses, Baxter Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady, the Robot Turtle, haha that was so much fun for a 90's kid. :)

Last edited:
As a HUGE fan of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms saga (Chinese history and mythology is amongst my favorites in the whole world), I was hugely surprised to see this one for the Mega Drive! I never knew this one existed, as most ROTK games I've played are the classic strategy/diplomacy style.. As you guys know I'm a huge fan of these type of action games, so I will be checking this version of ROTK very soon.. It's great to see these undiscovered gems out there, especially for the Mega Drive which I am still discovering. :TU:

Ah yes, didn't see it : if i remember that version is a translation hack as the game was in Chinese only.
That's why that game isn't very well known. I think got it translated

Well i got every single MD games translated, sometimes only french... But sometimes i came back a apply the english version : some french translations got often too much orthographic issue which burns my eyes lol. Now i'm good with english.

Otherwhise, they did a demo for Windjammers on MD, i downloaded it but there's only 2 players and one match. It's in advancement state.
Final Fight Megadrive got a demo too, but it's not interesting VS the Sega CD Arcade hack. BUT there's also from what i saw a least 8 Homebreak/indie new very promising game on Megadrive, even Resident Evil 1 😆
Well that console seems easier to program (no need chip to add, it's probably edited directly without tricks) than Snes. Only one Homebrew (indie) was out 10 years ago, a pretty good game i don't remember the name.

Windjammers

And Final Fight

@vialli82 Never played Windjammers, looks insanely fun! Kinda looks like Super Strike V-Ball (The River City ransom NES dodgeball game), but futuristic and on steroids! :LOL: Proof that a simple premise can work better than crazy, complicated ideas. Sometimes a simple game can work really wonders. Will be checking it out for sure.. Oh, and Final Fight Sega CD.. Never played it, but I have to say it has one of my favorite soundtracks of ALL TIME, I mean I've listened to this song at least once a month for YEARS now.. Easily one of my favorite video game tunes ever!

I mean listen to that.. Sounds like an intro to a badass 80's cop show, starring Kurt Russell as the rogue one-patch legend! :LMAO:

Windjammers is an institution @millossobek , a sport classic even more than ISS Deluxe, even if it's not realistic : that the kind of game out in 1991-92 than there's was still tournament around 2015 (i didn't checked if they still continue with the first:

Normally tournament have switched to Windjammers 2 > I made a promo here about it not so long ago. I litterally rushed on my PSN when i learned that the 2 was out, litterally 30 years later, start 2022 if i'm right.

It like some movies not so much known at launch and became cult after the years.
Because the game didn't got the presentation it deserved and SNK wasn't at all the kind to promote their game as it was firstly Arcade, and console for connoisseurs ;)
The feeling is unique aswell as the sports they invented. But it feels like a tennis and dodgeball on 1v1 mixed.

One thing is sure the game was ported to 16 bits consoles, something totally doable as you saw with the port/demo on Megadrive : it would have been easier on many top 5 fun games of all time.

The balance is perfect between character, i still don't understand how they created a game so balanced, fun and so addictive.
Nintendo and Sega missed the spot, really. Like for Cadillacs and Dinausaurs one of the best BTA of all time, but i think that one is less easy to port.

Personally, i discoverd this game in bar / at the time there was always an arcade cabinet / around 1994. I think the first time i tried it, it was like when i discovered Ghost'n'Goblins on another bar : i probably killed my father wallet twice.

Last edited:
Wow, what a Nostalgia Heavy that thread is! Strange - Back then I thought some of these games had ultra-realistic graphics that will never be beaten! :LOL:

You have mentioned most of my childhood games, but one.

It was one of my favourite games of all time and I always saw it as "Mario for adults". It was very difficult, had great soundtrack and better graphics than Super Mario.
Im talking about Giana Sisters, obviously.

Strangely enough - a lot of people I talk to never even heard of this game.
So I started digging and what I discovered was that developers of this game were sued for copying Super Mario and the game was shortly taken off the market. There were only pirated copies floating around ever since.
Recently - the franchise have been rebooted with Giana Sisters DS (2009) and Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams (2012) and its still available on Playstation/Xbox/Switch stores.
They put a little twist in the gameplay that differentiate this game from any Super Marios on the market and I had a good bit fun with it on Switch (even though its still very challenging game).
But the OG Giana Sisters is still my favourite.

@Emroth warm welcome here! There's some page in that thread which are priceless ;) take your time and enjoy to read it.
You'll see tons of games than didn't get old and completely replayable at least some session, like the one i posted above (well that one is timeless), or WAY better and authentic than what youth try to create / with all my respect / games in 2D pixels arts.

About Giana Sis, i think to know that game you should own a C64 lol. But i remember the vids a the time : i through it was an homebrew, something made by fans based on Super Mario Bros. But no, the gameplay and level design are pretty different.
Unfortunately i didn't got that on.

I got Platoon, others very strange, games, Bushido and Arkanoid (i posted the first as my favourite C64 game at the time, mix action RPG), Bruce Lee, TMNT > to me it was identical to NES with less color, well when you play on a small CRT TV you don't notice.
And one game very weird with futurist surf. I will post on a spoiler above if i found it... But i believe i already did on that thread : very weird to play but "physics" and inertia where, even if too hard to handle, nicely represented. And tons of games i forgot of course...

Also owned Miami Vice's but i was too young to understand what to do, with the same badass music ect. made by Ocean. When you see it a bit, there's some GTA Psone but you're a cop instead of gangster on it.

MIAMI VICE

Now a small "homage" to C64. Some games are really well programmed, except the palette colours a bit washed than it was at least like on NES.
A small pray for some guys like me who should've wait 30 minutes to play as i didn't got the floppy disk for games : didn't even know that it existed. Until a friend showed me on his Commodore 128 (perhaps some games in more i never checked but i think there was just a boosted C64)

100 GAMES IN 10 MINUTES (link corrected)

No serioursly, i got tons of fun with C64. Even if it was older than console i owned, there was special type of games, and... At a super cheap price in comparison. For example TNMT would cost on NES almost 30-40 euros : on K7 with similar gameplay exactly i got it for... around 3 and 5 euros :SMOKIN:

Happy new year retro gamers!!! :P

As the days were chilling, i decided to relax again, playing the best video game ever created, on Switch this time!!! :P And having my son accomaping me this time!! ;)

So the first video is a flex i tried to do to impress my son, but i ended up smashing m Arwing!! :P :P

Then i played the N64, which is also amazing, and i am really sad, about the bad treatment of this franchise by Nintendo. :(

Then i noticed in N64, that the wing can be damaged, and not sure if placebo, but the Arwing was leaning to the side that the damaged wing was. And said oh look they added wing damage!!!

And finally i play again in SNES, and omg, something i missed back in my childhood, there is also Wing damage in SNES!!!! What a crash from past!!!

Wow didn't know that game in 3D (well, not Starwing/fox to keep the "charm") were THAT enhanced on Switch for N64 games.
I saw some promotion, and hesitating to brough a Switch, for 2 or 3 very exclusive and remastered games. Mario Kart 8, Mario Odyssey, but more remastered game from Gamecube and Wii than new to be honest lol.

Now, the latest emulator for N64 i downloaded was running every game i owned super smoothly.
Before, let's say 4 years ago there was bugs, slowdowns etc., but now Project64 is really fast and bug-free.

But i don't think it should run as smooth from emulation than direct port on Switch, a bit retouched probably.
Then, i never been a super big N64 fans. Played only 5-6 games, the most known (not even Goldeneye but it didn't aged well)

I got it to play on PC :

1672838449536.png
Weird but to me controller are part of the gameplay for some games. People create a port from SM64 on PS2 : not a simple emulation from PS2 but a direct port. The controls are OK but i can't play at all like with the N64 games.
I believe they also made a PC port as i saw a 4k 60fps version... There's probably a Windows version, as i found there's a Dreamcast one too.

I pray to have the same port but for Mario Kart 64. I like SM64... But from the few games i player, Banjo-Kazooie was the one i loved the most to play solo.

SM64 on PS2 1080p (i tested both 480p and 1080p/Widescreen or not up to you to choose, the difference is pretty noticeable... The small issue is the pixelated english character which still is SD for PS2.

Difference between N64 vs PS2 on spoil
NOTE/ (probably the 1080p version, didn't tried 4K as the TV i'm playin on my PS2 isn't 4k. But on my TV it looks a lot like the second screen)

SM64 4K 60fp on PC remastered, it looks like a PS4 pro game, even the script are anti-aliased not the PS2 case (just a bit on 1080p)

Well i post it for just for the exploit : games were often converted or emulated from older console to newer, but never remaster especially on emulation.
But i won't play that game... Should be different if it was Mario Kart 64 or better, F-Zero 64 (as i believe than MKart64 is more fun and create to play with, while F-Zero is more solid as a solo racing game)

Last edited:
Wow didn't know that game in 3D (well, not Starwing/fox to keep the "charm") were THAT enhanced on Switch for N64 games.
I saw some promotion, and hesitating to brough a Switch, for 2 or 3 very exclusive and remastered games. Mario Kart 8, Mario Odyssey, but more remastered game from Gamecube and Wii than new to be honest lol.

Now, the latest emulator for N64 i downloaded was running every game i owned super smoothly.
Before, let's say 4 years ago there was bugs, slowdowns etc., but now Project64 is really fast and bug-free.

But i don't think it should run as smooth from emulation than direct port on Switch, a bit retouched probably.
Then, i never been a super big N64 fans. Played only 5-6 games, the most known (not even Goldeneye but it didn't aged well)

I got it to play on PC :

View attachment 195700
Weird but to me controller are part of the gameplay for some games. People create a port from SM64 on PS2 : not a simple emulation from PS2 but a direct port. The controls are OK but i can't play at all like with the N64 games.
I believe they also made a PC port as i saw a 4k 60fps version... There's probably a Windows version, as i found there's a Dreamcast one too.

I pray to have the same port but for Mario Kart 64. I like SM64... But from the few games i player, Banjo-Kazooie was the one i loved the most to play solo.

SM64 on PS2 1080p (i tested both 480p and 1080p/Widescreen or not up to you to choose, the difference is pretty noticeable... The small issue is the pixelated english character which still is SD for PS2.

Difference between N64 vs PS2 on spoil
NOTE/ (probably the 1080p version, didn't tried 4K as the TV i'm playin on my PS2 isn't 4k. But on my TV it looks a lot like the second screen)

SM64 4K 60fp on PC remastered, it looks like a PS4 pro game, even the script are anti-aliased not the PS2 case (just a bit on 1080p)

Well i post it for just for the exploit : games were often converted or emulated from older console to newer, but never remaster especially on emulation.
But i won't play that game... Should be different if it was Mario Kart 64 or better, F-Zero 64 (as i believe than MKart64 is more fun and create to play with, while F-Zero is more solid as a solo racing game)
Basically this N64 controller, is my No1 issue now on Switch, or else i would play it 24h non-stop!! :P :D

Cause the way they mapped it in the Service, it is very un-isometric. The ZR (R trigger, or R2) stands for R button of N64, While the R button (R button, or R1) stands for the Z button, the one behind the shoulder of the middle stick on N64 controller. And on the left side, the L Button (L1) = L of N64.

So for example in games that you need to push the L/R buttons in isometric geometry, like Starfox/Starwing 64, you loose the feeling, cause you press L1 or R2....

And the worst part is, you can't, or maybe i haven't find it yet, a way to change the buttons mapping.

Someone suspicious would say, that they did this intentionally, in order to buy the N64 classic controller for Switch, but i am not so suspicious!!! :) :D :P

At least on Project 64, you can remap the buttons, but again for some games, the Z shoulder button and the C-buttons, the yellow button up right, that look like arrows, is still a pain , where to place them, regarding that you use a modern gamepad.

I feel the best solution, is what you said, to have a N64 controller and port it, or have a replica at least, if it exists. Its mapping is very unique unfortunatelly, to play it with the casualy mainsteram Dualshock and Xbox controller themed gamepads.

Now as for the graphics on N64 for Switch, i remember in the beggining, in the context of imporvement, they removed a lot of the blurry effect, something like a trasparent fog, that was covering the ulgy polygons, based on that era technology. Now i assume they did some improvement, but in some games, like in Mario Kart 64, when you strafe the kart and your player is leaning right or left, some polygons, are very obvious in the crystal clear screen of Switch, while in an old CRT TV and especially since we were sitting in a distance back then, combined with the blurry screen of CRT and possibly the games graphichs, it was camouflaged a lot.

O.T.:
I don't know how to describe. Like in the super-duper 4K TV of my brother in law . When we watch some old 2000's buddy cop movie, you can clearly see the ropes holding the actors, or in the stunt scenes the face of the stunt man is very noticable, or how fake were the explosions, it looks more ridiculous than child fireworks, while in the old TV's they were not so noticable.

To give you some context, just sit down and try to watch Bad Boys, or Blue Streak or even the Rock (1996) in a new super high-end TV. It looks almost ridiculous! :D

Be sure to deactivate the "dynamic movement" stuff for fps that all 4k TV got, that's good for documentary etc. BUT it's awful for movies.
Now... I looks old movies but i try to set to a maximum of 720p or it's like amateurish lol. Even sometimes on 480... I've watched no so long ago the 4 Lethal Weapon in 480p, just re-colored a bit. It was enough and i found the picture pretty good without loosing the authenticity of that era.

Otherwhise yes : the controller was also my biggest issue with Emulation, weirdly Mario 64 is the rare playable game with another controller (just that that games bores me to be honest... I'd prefers a thousand time to replay SMB3/SMW1 and 2 instead)
It was fresh at the start but not that much dynamic from my eyes : much more a "64 bits" i wouldn't say demo, but what you can do with it.
But it aged well. Just not as much "Mario-like dynamic" to me. A bit like you said here, stiff.

And yes it's so particular than you completely lost the feeling and needs to relearn how to play. On Banjo's games, i don't see that much the game playable with ergonomy without that "Z" omnipresent button, and very well positioned.

No idea if there's a cheap adapter for real N64 or better, for USB like i own (less cheap and i wouldn't brought a controller in occasion at all neither you i suppose).
The N64 mini is a possibility. Also, like someone mentioned here if that wasn't you : some games were designed with fog.
I don't remember if there's a way to add it on Project64, but except for racing game, let's take Turok for example : it's from the ambiance. Even i got an N64 shared by a cousin, wasn't a fan of that game but well : without enemies coming of of fog it's too easy.

Well to be honest : i don't see at all a "mini" 128 bits with tons of "remaster-able" games, just look at Resident Evil 4... But i totally see an N64 mini, way closer to PSone than PS2. Now, if the controller stuff is a marketing calculation, i can't tell, but it looks like a bit. Marketing is something pretty manipulative, so i wouldn't be surprised if you were spot on about N64 games on Switch are calculated for a future N64 mini.

About Giana Sis, i think to know that game you should own a C64
Yes it was C64. Famous screwdriver and cassettes. What times we had! :LOL:

After that I only had SNES and some games on it were simply amazing.
I have spent most of my time on International Superstar Soccer and always wished I had ISS Deluxe.
Back then it wasnt as simple as go online and order it and I could not find it anywhere.
But Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2, Indiana Jones, they were all epic.

I was curious if anybody mentioned "Syndicate" and was happy to see that @millossobek did. That game was amazing, even tho for a long time I didnt have a slightest clue how to play it. :LOL:

And then Donkey Kong Country came. My God I thought the graphics were just mindblowing there! I think its the only game in my life I replayed hundreds of times! Even recently I downloaded an emulator on my mobile and played it again. Its much tougher on the phone, where its so difficult to press few buttons at the same time.

Planning on getting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on switch "for my daughter" soon. :LOL:

The thing is (except C64) there was Video store where there was tons of games to loan.
No, Syndicate wasn't neither on Genesis or Snes list.

Shadowrun (same type of 3d isometric game) neither.

But there was tons of US cartdrige you could've loan... But with a "+ money" to loan also the converter NTSC > PAL lol.
My friend worked on the store when it was the Snes monopoly let's say, there wasn't even any more Megadrive games to get loan lol.

Then later it was PS1 games, the Video Club closed and i loaned only PS2 games, there was Xbox 360 games too, and Wii later. On my entourage 40 people for one owned a 360. So the choice disappeared smaller by smaller even if the console was very great, especially online. Just exclusive less appealing.

@slamsoze Star Fox! You know the funny thing about Star Fox.. It's an amazing game, tried heavily to get into it... But I remember thinking as a kid that the difficulty was insanely hard!! I remember renting it from one of those video game places back in the 90's when I was little.. And thinking "my god, this game is so damn epic".. With the takeoff, the music, the radio transmissions from Hawk, Frog, and Rabbit.. And then getting really frustrated with the difficulty!! It's so cool you're showing your kid these classics, Star Fox can't be missed!

@Emroth Welcome to the thread bro! :TU: Good to see you here, and to find more people who are appreciative of retrogaming!! You won't be disappointed in DK Tropical Freeze (for your "daughter" loool :LOL: ) just trust me that game is epic.. I feel like I'm playing DKC all over again but remastered, one of my favorite games of the past 5 years. :)..... Oh, and Syndicate is such a badass game.. The whole ambiance, everything, I feel like I'm playing in a Blade Runner world (down to the Japanese soft drink ads!)

@vialli82 I have to play Windjammers now. That game just looks amazing! Such a simple premise, such insanely fast-paced action!! I can't believe I never even knew of the existence of this game! Well.. Then again as I have said before I was not a Mega Drive gamer as a kid (aside from Sonic) so there are soo many Mega Drive classics I don't know about. It really is insane how large and varied their collection is! And in terms of Windjammers.. what can I say.. they created a brand new sport which is just amazing! :)

1672849185181.png

@vialli82 Wanted to ask you something as well bro.. I know you play MAME (this question goes out to all of you MAME gamers).. It's kind of a "tough" question to answer but I'd really like some help. Well here's the thing.. Right now I'm playing "Knights of Valour", that amazing game which is a mix of Final Fight and Romance of the Three Kingdoms that I posted a few months ago.. But I'm having trouble with one thing, and actually this applies to my whole MAME gaming experience..

It's a very simple thing: CREDITS!

It's like this. When we were kids, our parents only gave us a limited amount of money to play at the arcade. You went, changed your bills into coins, and that was that.. When you were out of money, there was no more gaming..

But now with MAME we have unlimited credits, all we have to do is press F7 and get get unilimited lives, continues.. And this to me kind of detracts from the MAME gaming experience! I am used to console retrogaming, where you got a certain number of lives, certain number of continues , and that's where the challenge comes from.. But with MAME, I'm having a tough time negotiating this.. I'd like to create a "set number" of credits or continues to play the games with, like for example.. 7 credits and then you're done... 3 continues... stuff like that.. But since each game is different and I have no idea how long they are, it is really hard to think about set up credits..

Perhaps one of you guys can give me some ideas on this.. :TU:

Last edited:
@slamsoze Star Fox! You know the funny thing about Star Fox.. It's an amazing game, tried heavily to get into it... But I remember thinking as a kid that the difficulty was insanely hard!! I remember renting it from one of those video game places back in the 90's when I was little.. And thinking "my god, this game is so damn epic".. With the takeoff, the music, the radio transmissions from Hawk, Frog, and Rabbit.. And then getting really frustrated with the difficulty!! It's so cool you're showing your kid these classics, Star Fox can't be missed!

@Emroth Welcome to the thread bro! :TU: Good to see you here, and to find more people who are appreciative of retrogaming!! You won't be disappointed in DK Tropical Freeze (for your "daughter" loool :LOL: ) just trust me that game is epic.. I feel like I'm playing DKC all over again but remastered, one of my favorite games of the past 5 years. :)..... Oh, and Syndicate is such a badass game.. The whole ambiance, everything, I feel like I'm playing in a Blade Runner world (down to the Japanese soft drink ads!)

@vialli82 I have to play Windjammers now. That game just looks amazing! Such a simple premise, such insanely fast-paced action!! I can't believe I never even knew of the existence of this game! Well.. Then again as I have said before I was not a Mega Drive gamer as a kid (aside from Sonic) so there are soo many Mega Drive classics I don't know about. It really is insane how large and varied their collection is! And in terms of Windjammers.. what can I say.. they created a brand new sport which is just amazing! :)

View attachment 195723

@vialli82 Wanted to ask you something as well bro.. I know you play MAME (this question goes out to all of you MAME gamers).. It's kind of a "tough" question to answer but I'd really like some help. Well here's the thing.. Right now I'm playing "Knights of Valour", that amazing game which is a mix of Final Fight and Romance of the Three Kingdoms that I posted a few months ago.. But I'm having trouble with one thing, and actually this applies to my whole MAME gaming experience..

It's a very simple thing: CREDITS!

It's like this. When we were kids, our parents only gave us a limited amount of money to play at the arcade. You went, changed your bills into coins, and that was that.. When you were out of money, there was no more gaming..

But now with MAME we have unlimited credits, all we have to do is press F7 and get get unilimited lives, continues.. And this to me kind of detracts from the MAME gaming experience! I am used to console retrogaming, where you got a certain number of lives, certain number of continues , and that's where the challenge comes from.. But with MAME, I'm having a tough time negotiating this.. I'd like to create a "set number" of credits or continues to play the games with, like for example.. 7 credits and then you're done... 3 continues... stuff like that.. But since each game is different and I have no idea how long they are, it is really hard to think about set up credits..

Perhaps one of you guys can give me some ideas on this.. :TU:
To be honest, my 10 yeas old self did much better, than i did totay!! :)

Back in the days, in a summer i got deep in the game, i had achieved a level, where i was loosing in the last stage, and in the previous stages i was hunting milestones, like in the very first stage, destroy everything that was destroyable, with the Red/Bue lights blinking.

In today's playthrough, i can hardly past the first stage on difficult, basically the best i got was lost before the first boss.. :D

In the easiest route, i got past the first stage, with only missing one life, but i lost in the very next stage, with the asteroids.

The crazy things was, that in the space stages, i was piloting with 1st person camera, by pressing select, the cockpit view. Now i can't even survive 1 minutes by that view!!! :P :D

About credits mate, remember that you've got so, so much game (replayable) than imagine with limitation of credits you would NEVER end 5% of them!

Now, i'm seeing thing like this : i asked enough money to get to, for example, the guys before the final boss. And put again and again money, then i didn't finished the game.
But i got the opportunity now to see all endings, to get a "refound" about my money, and without counting that there's not only Mame but also Megadrive/Snes/NES/MasterSystem/PCEngine etc., and not all game are Arcade : i downloaded cheats for some games i already finished especially like Double Dragon but it took me months.

Time is priceless, there's too, too much games and i/you can't afford to spend months on one game where 1000 others ones are waiting for you 😆
Let's take for example Chakan on megadrive : i started no so long ago and didn't enable any cheat, same for 1v1 fighting game such as Samurai Shodown II.

The only cheats i use is infinite continue (rarely infinite lives/only if there's no infinite continue) with continue there often/not always/ a challenge to pass a level checkpoint, but with infite live it's too easy.

When i make the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, i didn't used any cheats neither.
Back to Mame, i end the game with different character and that's all. I ended Samurai Shodown with Genjuro, Haomaru, Genan (as it's an intriguing character i wanted to see his ending)

Remember there was also tons of games with infinites continues on Snes (Street Fighter II and all fighting games ;) )

And if you don't want more than 5 Credits, i got no other idea than limiting yourself to it which is in my case impossible :LOL:

@vialli82 you're right buddy. the MAME library is so insanely large.. if I put a credits limit on the games, it might take me forever to finish them!! As you know, I love those type of "Streets of Rage" games, they are my favorites.. so I'm probably gonna reach a compromise: I'll start with 7 credits with Knights of Valour.. And if I get stuck in a place.. Will probably do unlimited credits. :LMAO: The only thing is, I like to be careful with my life meter, not just hack and slash like I have unlimited lives, so the challenge remains!

As for Samurai Shodown, I finished also the game with different characters.. but inevitably I come back to my favorite.. the most badass Samurai ever, Mr. Sobek himself: YAGYU JUBEI!!

1672851605152.png

@slamsoze you're making me want to try Star Fox again, after a few years of not playing it!! (still debating whether I should play it with PC controller or keyboard haha).. Will let you guys know my progress once I get around it!! :LOL:

1672851877140.png

You won't be disappointed in DK Tropical Freeze (for your "daughter" loool :LOL: ) just trust me that game is epic.. I feel like I'm playing DKC all over again but remastered
Its a horrible off topic and I apologise, but if you havent already - try "Kirby Forgotten Land".
I had some craic on that game playing with my daughter. Really fun, so far my favourite kids game right next to "Yoshi Crafted World".

Its a horrible off topic and I apologise, but if you havent already - try "Kirby Forgotten Land".
I had some craic on that game playing with my daughter. Really fun, so far my favourite kids game right next to "Yoshi Crafted World".
Ok here's the 100% true story, my friend:

My girlfriend bought a Switch a month ago, with 2 games: "Kirby's Forgotten Land" and "DKC Tropical Freeze"

She's all about Kirby, and I'm loving it too.. But whenever she's not playing it.. I play DKC Tropical Freeze!!!! hahahahaha

True story. :LMAO:

Yeah. this Switch is "for my girlfriend". AT FIRST!!

Well don't worry @Emroth if we stick to 8-16 bits games, basta and no single off thread allowed... We can talk about their sequel, to me it's still on topic and 3DS got MANY old-school Retro games ;)

Talking about Kirby's, i never been attracted by those game to be honest. No idea why but i tried and i wasn't a big fan of the gameplay itself (Nes or Snes)
... My friend litterally hate it lol

BTW we talked about Shinobi/Shadow Dancer and i never know if it was a sequel or a spin-off : the real "Shinobi" is called Joe Musashi never, checked for the guy from 2 Shadow dancer version (Arcade and Megadrive). Well, at least one got a dog /perhaps Joe Musashi got a cat.

Joke aside, i tried Shinobi on PS2 just for fun, the ambiance perhaps looks like Ninja Gaiden and the moves too (2 ninjas... Well nothing abnormal) and it was pretty gore. Sega was know to make more mature game but that one is very bloody. I liked the first level, now i got now idea if it's as good.

Otherwise, one game i never played but people loved it, as MGS is an infiltration but with guns, that one is also infiltration but... Old school Ninja backstab :
"Tenchu" 1 and 2. People call it "Sekiro ancestor" especially with the grappling. But the cutscenes makes me think about Ghost of Tsushima.
PS1 and in full 3d please. The 2nd is more optimised so better looking.
I never got the chance to play it but if someone got a recoil about it (instead of trying myself lol) and a feedback about that game, he's welcome

NOTE/ If you play it, play with an emulator to enhance graphisms lol, the gameplay is PS2 level to me at least, but the vids are recorded on real hardware it seems.

Tenchu 1 : Stealth assassins

Tenchu 2 : Birth of the Stealth assassins

Love Yoshi Story. One of my favorite N64 game, especially the art design and the gameplay/movements of Yoshi.
I know plenty of people who loves it : they don't care at about the childish side, me neither, i found it cool, funny and fits with the atmosphere :)
Sometimes games may looks childish but some parts are not that easy.

Well i won't lie, i liked Donkey Kong more for the Snes graphisms than the gameplay : there's a lot classic platformer with most advanced and various gameplay to me. But it was a real experience at the time with digitalised not simple 3D, but synthesis image which making the looking even better than some 32 bits games. It was Ultra64 captivating (if you remember the old N64 name lol)

Last edited:
Speaking about Kirby, i find this BGM of Kirby's Dreamland (Gameboy) as one of the most influential and inspirational/motivational music tracks of my childhood. :)

I know plenty of people who loves it : they don't care at about the childish side, me neither, i found it cool, funny and fits with the atmosphere :)
Funny you should mention this bro, I was thinking the exact same thing! :TU:

I think some games try to be too serious or grownup sometimes, like they try too hard or something.. But when it comes down to it, a child-like game sometimes can be so cool.. Like a completely new world going back to childhood.. And if it's hard and challenging, it completely adds to the setting of the game!!

One of my favorite games of all time has childish graphics and atmosphere: Yoshi's Island. I think it's one of the most creative games EVER released.

PS: I know I have mentioned Yoshi's Island a few times before in the thread, but I think it's good to revisit these games more than once with no limit lool! Especially when it's one of our favorites. :)

PS2: As for Kirby, I think the whole universe and character are so creative and different.. Not only is the character cool and cute, haha, :LOL: but also the powers and movements I find so unique and entertaining. :TU:

Speaking about Kirby, i find this BGM of Kirby's Dreamland (Gameboy) as one of the most influential and inspirational/motivational music tracks of my childhood. :)

love it, so fast paced and melodic! Something about these retro OST's man.. I have thousands of them saved on a personal playlist. :LOL:

One of my favorite games of all time has childish graphics and atmosphere: Yoshi's Island. I think it's one of the most creative games EVER released.
Yoshi's Island was unbelievable!
Along with DK Country and Super Mario World - these were the three games I completed on my phone recently.
And I think I had most fun with Yoshi there.
Hence why I mentioned Yoshi's Crafted World on Switch. It was a great mix of old school, charming, kids friendly Yoshi game and beautifully crafted world with fun gameplay.
As for Kirby - I never played any of them. Just bought it, coz it looked like The Last of Us for kids.😂

Yoshi's Island was unbelievable!
Along with DK Country and Super Mario World - these were the three games I completed on my phone recently.
And I think I had most fun with Yoshi there.
Hence why I mentioned Yoshi's Crafted World on Switch. It was a great mix of old school, charming, kids friendly Yoshi game and beautifully crafted world with fun gameplay.
As for Kirby - I never played any of them. Just bought it, coz it looked like The Last of Us for kids.😂
How teh fak, did you controlled Yoshi Island on mobile phone??? With touch screen?? How many egg throws did you waste??? :SHOCK: How did you moved in that stage IIRC in 6th world map, and generally all the stages that are side-scrolling.... I am meaning that stage that is side scrolling and is mostly jumping on platforms in the air...!!!

Back
Top Bottom