The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Timezones are crazy.
You had 2022 when it was still 2021 in here. And in a few villages in Ireland its still 1690..
One of my best friends had his old friend from England over for the holidays and I asked her which year it was back home.
She didn't answer (boring girl) but I took for granted that it had to be 86-91ish.

Any chance of the football results a day ahead? . ;))

No, it would generally be much better here if it was 86-91.

Just sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow morning and you get to know the results. No hurry.:D

OK, not a future here in the East. Just a different time zone.

Vegans.

I'm a vegetarian, so I shouldn't say that. But they can honestly just fuck off.

Loads of places are throwing their veggie options out and replacing them with tasteless, bland vegan ones. Some of my favourite food is disappearing.

Subway have replaced the vegetable patty with a vegan patty which is incredibly bland, but worse than that, my local Subway won't even let me have real cheese on it. "We can't do that sir, it's a vegan patty so it has to have the vegan cheese on". The vegan cheese which is essentially melted plastic.

Also, Burger King have ditched the bean burger they used to do (which was my favourite fast food item by far), and now you can only get a fake beef burger or a fake chicken burger. Why are you forcing fake meat on everyone who doesn't want to eat actual meat?

I would honestly rather be mates with a butcher than a vegan, and I say that as a cow-hugging animal-loving veggie.

Vegans.

Loads of places are throwing their veggie options out and replacing them with tasteless, bland vegan ones. Some of my favourite food is disappearing.

Subway have replaced the vegetable patty with a vegan patty which is incredibly bland, but worse than that, my local Subway won't even let me have real cheese on it. "We can't do that sir, it's a vegan patty so it has to have the vegan cheese on". The vegan cheese which is essentially melted plastic.

Also, Burger King have ditched the bean burger they used to do (which was my favourite fast food item by far), and now you can only get a fake beef burger or a fake chicken burger. Why are you forcing fake meat on everyone who doesn't want to eat actual meat?

I would honestly rather be mates with a butcher than a vegan, and I say that as a cow-hugging animal-loving veggie.
Basically i can't understand the ethical part of Vegans, AFAIK it is everything not produced by animals.

And now, as I studied Environmental Sience, i ask. Why this racism towards Plants? Plants are also living organisms, they also do feel pain and have a way to "feel emotions" at general, they have the stress while close to death experience, they have their own type "survival instinct".

Basically in the survival/suffering/stress part they are just like us (human+animals) just woth different mechanics.

I hardly remember an experiment we used to make in Plant Biology Labs courses, with some onions and garlics cortex, that was producing different colour in the PH-meter liguid, under "stressful" environment parametrs.

Top of that, recently i read a research about tomatoes "screaming", producing supersonics when they are about to be cut.

Well i respect any diet, i just cant stand the "moral" part. The food chain is a chain of suffering. If we exclude suffering, i do not know what can we eat? Water only maybe.

Of course it is more healthy to be vegie or vegan or whatever, but putting a finger on someone's face, that he is a criminal cause he consumes meat, that's unbelievable for my POV.
I could easily accuse them as murders of my tomatoes.

I hope it is obvious that i am not litterally choosing sides, neither i want to prove something is better than the other. I respect all options, when they do not impose the kgs to the others.

Last edited:
Vegans.

I never eat at mcd or BK when wanting a burger ,always go to one of the non chains and eat proper burgers (not helping your issue sorry) but they always have tremendous burgers.
And I'm also a non meat guy.
This is my local burger joint.
(Again not helping you)
https://bastardburgers.com/se/meny/

Basically i can't understand the ethical part of Vegans, AFAIK it is everything not produced by animals.

And now, as I studied Environmental Sience, i ask. Why this racism towards Plants? Plants are also living organisms, they also do feel pain and have a way to "feel emotions" at general, they have the stress while close to death experience, they have their own type "survival instinct".

Basically in the survival/suffering/stress part they are just like us (human+animals) just woth different mechanics.

I hardly remember an experiment we used to make in Plant Biology Labs courses, with some onions and garlics cortex, that was producing different colour in the PH-meter liguid, under "stressful" environment parametrs.

Top of that, recently i read a research about tomatoes "screaming", producing supersonics when they are about to be cut.

Well i respect any diet, i just cant stand the "moral" part. The food chain is a chain of suffering. If we exclude suffering, i do not know what can we eat? Water only maybe.

Of course it is more healthy to be vegie or vegan or whatever, but putting a finger on someone's face, that he is a criminal cause he consumes meat, that's unbelievable for my POV.
I could easily accuse them as murders of my tomatoes.

That's phylogenetic conservatism for empathy.
People feel more for a parent than an unrelated person.
People feel more for a monkey than a mice. More for a Mice than a fish. More for a fish than a fly. More for a fly than a plant. You get the idea.

That's phylogenetic conservatism for empathy.
People feel more for a parent than an unrelated person.
People feel more for a monkey than a mice. More for a Mice than a fish. More for a fish than a fly. More for a fly than a plant. You get the idea.
And people gets raving mad seeing dogs being treated poorly ,but overseeing horrible issues at chicken/pig farms.
Or gets fuming seeing butterflies pinned in collectors books while not caring about bugs.
Most people are idiot's ,but that's how we hard coded

My issue with vegans is there seemingly innate need to tell everybody. Unless I'm cooking you a meal I don't need to know, I could care less. Eat whatever you are happy to eat, that's fine with me, I just don't need to know about it. I could say the same with sexuality. I don't need to know. Do whatever you want to do and with whomever you want to do it as long as it's consensual. It's nobody else's concern, why the need to sing it from the rooftop?

Heterosexual/Carnivore - said nobody's twitter bio ever.

My issue with vegans is there seemingly innate need to tell everybody. Unless I'm cooking you a meal I don't need to know, I could care less. Eat whatever you are happy to eat, that's fine with me, I just don't need to know about it. I could say the same with sexuality. I don't need to know. Do whatever you want to do and with whomever you want to do it as long as it's consensual. It's nobody else's concern, why the need to sing it from the rooftop?

You should check out racists Twitter (or concerned citizens)
Trust me ,plenty of them around

You should check out racists Twitter (or concerned citizens)
Trust me ,plenty of them around

Yeah, I dare say there are, especially if they are some of those nutjobs over the pond.

My point really was that if we accept most of these vegans who have to tell the world they are vegan are regular people, you don't see regular people who are not vegan shouting about being a carnivore.

Yeah, I dare say there are, especially if they are some of those nutjobs over the pond.

My point really was that if we accept most of these vegans who have to tell the world they are vegan are regular people, you don't see regular people who are not vegan shouting about being a carnivore.
How I see it.
Everything not being the norm has always been shouted about ,because once there was a need for it maybe?

I get that a lot of vegans are annoying as hell pushing their views down our throats.
But then again ,when it comes to food in schools ,trust me enough people screaming why there's a veg option and "why can't they serve food that's rooted in our culture like pork"
I get what your saying ,but there's plenty of shit on the other side to.

One example ,maybe not the same ,but pretty much in the same vein.
"You don't see me shouting out my straightness why does gay's have to?"
Well maybe once there was a need ,and maybe your preference never had to be shouted about.
Insert colour/woman/disabled in that argument/statement too and I think you know what I'm trying to prove.

But yes ,cringy offended people/vegans annoying as hell.
But there once was a need

How I see it.
Everything not being the norm has always been shouted about ,because once there was a need for it maybe?

I get that a lot of vegans are annoying as hell pushing their views down our throats.
But then again ,when it comes to food in schools ,trust me enough people screaming why there's a veg option and "why can't they serve food that's rooted in our culture like pork"
I get what your saying ,but there's plenty of shit on the other side to.

One example ,maybe not the same ,but pretty much in the same vein.
"You don't see me shouting out my straightness why does gay's have to?"
Well maybe once there was a need ,and maybe your preference never had to be shouted about.
Insert colour/woman/disabled in that argument/statement too and I think you know what I'm trying to prove.

But yes ,cringy offended people/vegans annoying as hell.
But there once was a need

Yeah I get your point, we both grew up when that was very much still needed.

Yeah I get your point, we both grew up when that was very much still needed.
Do feel that this generation at least when it comes to food and small issues (Vs much bigger ones) have very little too shout about tbh.
Loads of third parties being offended constantly
" I heard someone who knows someone who's cousin I know was told a bad word" kinda approach!

Do feel that this generation at least when it comes to food and small issues (Vs much bigger ones) have very little too shout about tbh.
Loads of third parties being offended constantly
" I heard someone who knows someone who's cousin I know was told a bad word" kinda approach!

Being offended on others behalf should very much be in the piss me off thread!

On my sheep farm I once had my nephew visit with his vegan girlfriend. We were about to mark the lambs (cut the ears for identification) and I was certainly not about to ask her to help, knowing she was vegan, and assumed she wouldn't be into the idea. But she totally held some lambs and had no problems with it. Then we all went inside for a coffee break, Mom had baked various things and we all figured out together which would be fine to eat on a vegan diet. So there was literally no problem there. This was years ago, and maybe vegans are getting more shouty and annoying, but when there is still loads of animal cruelty around in the factory farms, where making meat is an industry, you can't really blame people for going off animal products completely. But then again, vegans do tend to put animal farming under the same hat, which is nonsense. Real farmers respect their animals and don't mistreat or torture them. At at the same time, smaller farmers should definitely call out the animal abuse more, we do turn a blind eye to it too many times.

On my sheep farm I once had my nephew visit with his vegan girlfriend. We were about to mark the lambs (cut the ears for identification) and I was certainly not about to ask her to help, knowing she was vegan, and assumed she wouldn't be into the idea. But she totally held some lambs and had no problems with it. Then we all went inside for a coffee break, Mom had baked various things and we all figured out together which would be fine to eat on a vegan diet. So there was literally no problem there. This was years ago, and maybe vegans are getting more shouty and annoying, but when there is still loads of animal cruelty around in the factory farms, where making meat is an industry, you can't really blame people for going off animal products completely. But then again, vegans do tend to put animal farming under the same hat, which is nonsense. Real farmers respect their animals and don't mistreat or torture them. At at the same time, smaller farmers should definitely call out the animal abuse more, we do turn a blind eye to it too many times.
I am ok with farmers, especially after a discussion i had with a friend partly-farmer back in the 2004. I don't expand on this now, to keep short,but he told some key quotes that were "life changer" in the way i was seeing farming until that point.

What pisses me of and i still cant understand, is people having animal hunting as hobby or sport.

You know that people with the riffle and the scout dog, that go in the mountains and hunt birds, or wild boars.

And the top shocking of that is they don't even need to eat them, since you can buy meat anywhere in our days.

They just kill for the shake of the "sports". Really unbelievable, i am Not even sure if this is still a legal activity in other civilised countries, cause in mine, under some clauses and restrictions,it is legal!

Well as @papinho81 said before, i spot an inconsistency in my moral compass now, cause I don't have the same problem, with people that go fishing for a hobby. And coming from Greece, living all my life near the sea, every 2nd person i know, is an amateur, semipro, or Pro fisherman!
Shame on me.

I am ok with farmers, especially after a discussion i had with a friend partly-farmer back in the 2004. I don't expand on this now, to keep short,but he told some key quotes that were "life changer" in the way i was seeing farming until that point.

What pisses me of and i still cant understand, is people having animal hunting as hobby or sport.

You know that people with the riffle and the scout dog, that go in the mountains and hunt birds, or wild boars.

And the top shocking of that is they don't even need to eat them, since you can buy meat anywhere in our days.

They just kill for the shake of the "sports". Really unbelievable, i am Not even sure if this is still a legal activity in other civilised countries, cause in mine, under some clauses and restrictions,it is legal!

Well as @papinho81 said before, i spot an inconsistency in my moral compass now, cause I don't have the same problem, with people that go fishing for a hobby. And coming from Greece, living all my life near the sea, every 2nd person i know, is an amateur, semipro, or Pro fisherman!
Shame on me.
I agree with the hunting, it has never been my thing. Then people post pictures of themselves with their prey, which never stood a chance to begin with, so what are they bragging about exactly? Those people are absolutely "things that piss me off".

Back
Top Bottom