The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Anyways....... :LOL:

Any sort of rattle in the car when Im driving is literally driving me insane.
Tic Tacs left at the back, or a coin, or an empty can rattling... cant deal with this.
Have to track where the noise is coming from and silence it.
Sometimes I be driving with people going
- whats this noise??? Where is this coming from??? Is it that can??? Pick it up. No its not. God damn it find it and make it stop!!!

Tell me im not the only one..
How do you feel about rattle snakes in the car?

Perhaps fans should leave their own calling card, " voted with our feet".

Looks like they have plenty of gaps anyway.

Thank god I'm not a football fan in this country.
At Burnley.
View attachment 174075

That is ridiculous. I bet you there's a section of the ground where everyone stands but they don't do anything about it because there are too many of them.

That said, what also pisses me off are fannies who think everyone should stand all the time. I stand all the time, and have done for years. I think it's miles better than sitting. But there'll come a time sooner rather than later when my dad won't be physically able. And by that time my impending child might be with us too. The key to it all is choice.

Pittodrie was actually the first (albeit rudimentary) all-seater stadium in the UK, oddly enough. Scotland wasn't covered by the Taylor Report (post-Hillsborough) but the league implemented its own rules on all-seater stadiums and standing. Aberdeen have quietly relaxed it in one stand for the past few years and it's one of the best things they've done in ages. It's helped create something of an atmosphere. But standing in a seated area is pretty dangerous, especially during wild celebrations. The sooner rail seats/barriers are implemented on a wide scale the better.

That is ridiculous. I bet you there's a section of the ground where everyone stands but they don't do anything about it because there are too many of them.

That said, what also pisses me off are fannies who think everyone should stand all the time. I stand all the time, and have done for years. I think it's miles better than sitting. But there'll come a time sooner rather than later when my dad won't be physically able. And by that time my impending child might be with us too. The key to it all is choice.

Pittodrie was actually the first (albeit rudimentary) all-seater stadium in the UK, oddly enough. Scotland wasn't covered by the Taylor Report (post-Hillsborough) but the league implemented its own rules on all-seater stadiums and standing. Aberdeen have quietly relaxed it in one stand for the past few years and it's one of the best things they've done in ages. It's helped create something of an atmosphere. But standing in a seated area is pretty dangerous, especially during wild celebrations. The sooner rail seats/barriers are implemented on a wide scale the better.
We still have standing and can't see our federation trying to imement all seaters, supporters union is way to powerful ,besides if they mill that off they'll have a very weak product to sell, atmosphere always attracts people both domestic and foreign.
Yeah I still stand, though my legs aren't really comfy doing so

Perhaps fans should leave their own calling card, " voted with our feet".

Looks like they have plenty of gaps anyway.
Ha ha.
Worst thing is standing on/ besides seats is that it's pretty dangerous as well.
Better having standing with railings etc
Bet no one tries to do this(picture) at Ellanf road right.
Feels like a proper crowd there

Ha ha.
Worst thing is standing on/ besides seats is that it's pretty dangerous as well.
Better having standing with railings etc
Bet no one tries to do this(picture) at Ellanf road right.
Feels like a proper crowd there

Yes its Electric atmosphere at Elland Road.

Even better in early 70's when You had to get a place up to 2 hours before kick off, and watched the atmosphere building as away fans arrived.

Standing on seats does remind Me of going to City Ground Nottingham for FA Cup tie 88-89 season invited by a customer who had an executive box.
In front of the box were our fans standing on seats all game, when they left, the seats were wrecked and the metal fixtures resembled a roller coaster !
We lost 2-0, the seats would still have been wrecked whatever the score.

Yes its Electric atmosphere at Elland Road.

Even better in early 70's when You had to get a place up to 2 hours before kick off, and watched the atmosphere building as away fans arrived.

Standing on seats does remind Me of going to City Ground Nottingham for FA Cup tie 88-89 season invited by a customer who had an executive box.
In front of the box were our fans standing on seats all game, when they left, the seats were wrecked and the metal fixtures resembled a roller coaster !
We lost 2-0, the seats would still have been wrecked whatever the score.
Ha ha yeah seats get wrecked quote easily if wanting too.

Can't really find it now, but early this season one set of supporters broke some seats to throw only to clock one of his mates who went sleepy sleepy.

We still have standing and can't see our federation trying to imement all seaters, supporters union is way to powerful ,besides if they mill that off they'll have a very weak product to sell, atmosphere always attracts people both domestic and foreign.
Yeah I still stand, though my legs aren't really comfy doing so

Yeah it's a totally different culture almost everywhere else in Europe, or so it seems. In the UK we appear way more safety conscious but useless at implementing it/everything, which just causes tension and anger. 😄

----

Generally speaking, the pissing contest over attendances and atmosphere does my tits in. I want someone to do a study of every UK clubs supporters, on average, across every minute of every match they play in, to see who's noisiest. Put it to bed once and for all.

Monday night, Anfield, famed for its atmosphere. It can be incredible, but was funereal the other night.

Ibrox was raucous again last night against PSV. But in your run of the mill league game it's a low hum and half of them have gone by 75 minutes to beat the traffic.

For most teams and grounds it's about the occasion more than anything.

Yeah it's a totally different culture almost everywhere else in Europe, or so it seems. In the UK we appear way more safety conscious but useless at implementing it/everything, which just causes tension and anger. 😄

----

Generally speaking, the pissing contest over attendances and atmosphere does my tits in. I want someone to do a study of every UK clubs supporters, on average, across every minute of every match they play in, to see who's noisiest. Put it to bed once and for all.

Monday night, Anfield, famed for its atmosphere. It can be incredible, but was funereal the other night.

Ibrox was raucous again last night against PSV. But in your run of the mill league game it's a low hum and half of them have gone by 75 minutes to beat the traffic.

For most teams and grounds it's about the occasion more than anything.
When you look at atmosphere around the league's, often the non winning sides have the best, they're hardened and can whip up some crazy atmosphere when playing an opponent the bigger teams takes for granted.

Germany Dynamo Dresden (Zweite BL) or Frankfurt, a team that isn't to spoiled with succes.
Real Betis in Spain is another good example, and if in Italy I'd take the Lanterna derby (Genoa Sampdoria) over any other in that league.
Our stockholm derbies are probably one of the best you're going to see above France in terms of atmosphere, huge fanbases and a pretty liberal ticket allocation for the away team makes it really good.

If ever in France, that's where the real action is, tremendous down there

You actually sound like You have NEVER been to English football, or much Scottish come to that.
You're right. I've never been to many games because we can't all be rich like yourself. If I'm ever in the UK again soon, you're welcome to invite me to a game and show me what Elland Road is all about. Might be able to put my Strongbow third shirt to go use then

You're right. I've never been to many games because we can't all be rich like yourself. If I'm ever in the UK again soon, you're welcome to invite me to a game and show me what Elland Road is all about. Might be able to put my Strongbow third shirt to go use then
I delivered newspapers to earn money for my first Fa cup final ticket when I was 15,I worked and earned for every home and away game I went to,taking a job on a market to help pay for more. Bit daft of You to say I am rich.Just motivated and always have been.

I have a brewdog bar 150 m from my home, I've never visited that place.
Why?
We have 4 great local microbreweries (and microbreweries is supposed to be local not international) where I live, plus one of them being Mikkeller, so no need for a UK based "local" brewery for me.

I have a brewdog bar 150 m from my home, I've never visited that place.
Why?
We have 4 great local microbreweries (and microbreweries is supposed to be local not international) where I live, plus one of them being Mikkeller, so no need for a UK based "local" brewery for me.

Would not use Brewdog Myself, too big now and over rated.

We have 2 very good independents in Leeds, Northern Monk and Amity Brew Co, both local and both good.

Would not use Brewdog Myself, too big now and over rated.

We have 2 very good independents in Leeds, Northern Monk and Amity Brew Co, both local and both good.
I've had the Northern monk red ale, brilliant!
And a Black Sheep Bitter (they have that on tap as a guest ale in my local pub)
Good tradition from your neck of the wood, same here in the south of Sweden/Denmark.

No use to drink overrated beers like BD
A mate of mine always goes on about Leeds and Yorkshire (he lived there for 7 -8 years)

I've had the Northern monk red ale, brilliant!
And a Black Sheep Bitter (they have that on tap as a guest ale in my local pub)
Good tradition from your neck of the wood, same here in the south of Sweden/Denmark.

No use to drink overrated beers like BD
A mate of mine always goes on about Leeds and Yorkshire (he lived there for 7 -8 years)

Glad You found some Northern Monk and enjoyed it.

Black Sheep are an independent too, out at Masham in North Yorkshire.

This year's august. We have every day more than 30°C and every night more than 20°C. And it seems it will be ongoing til the end of this month.

🥵🔥

Back
Top Bottom