The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I got one that happened to me today.

When you're waiting to cross the road on foot and the car you're waiting to pass, drives slowly and the motherfucking imbecile driver knows he's driving slowly, he clearly sees you waiting but doesn't bother to flash his lights at you letting you know you've got time to cross the road

I got one that happened to me today.

When you're waiting to cross the road on foot and the car you're waiting to pass, drives slowly and the motherfucking imbecile driver knows he's driving slowly, he clearly sees you waiting but doesn't bother to flash his lights at you letting you know you've got time to cross the road
A similar thing happens when driving & you are waiting to pull out at a junction. Slow driver comes along, and you get stuck because the traffic behind him has caught up, thus closing your window of opportunity.

Also while i am here... Speed "safety" cameras "saving lives". Safety being the operative word. If they really cared about road safety they could put some paint on the roads, so we wouldn't have to guess where the lines are. But we know the score, we get fined to make money. It's a shame someone doesn't buy some paint with the money in the name of safety. Double standards.

Another one from this evening - People who don't out weights away at the gym 😠

The only free squat rack tonight had about 100kg left on there by some lazy selfish arsehole which meant to use the weight I wanted, I had to take off all the weights this dope had left on before me. I was pretty much exhausted before I even done my first workout.

Another one from this evening - People who don't out weights away at the gym 😠

The only free squat rack tonight had about 100kg left on there by some lazy selfish arsehole which meant to use the weight I wanted, I had to take off all the weights this dope had left on before me. I was pretty much exhausted before I even done my first workout.
One of a few reasons why i train at home nowadays. For some, Gym etiquette doesn't exist. The thing what they fail to get is, body work requires discipline & if that means clearing up your shit for someone else then that's a good start.

As you know some people are busy on mobile phones in the gym. They are wasting their time. Gym time means focus, if you want good results. Some people think that a membership to a state of the art gym will guarantee them results without little effort. That's why i suppose some will pack it in sooner or later.

All the best for your gym work mate. :TU:

Btw have you seen these on YT Funny AF
Check out the lad at 0.40 Just :NO:

As you know some people are busy on mobile phones in the gym. They are wasting their time.
Don't even get me started on this. It's another example of mankind's submission to mobile phone addiction that is completely out of control. Seriously, People can't seem to go 30 seconds without checking notifications that aren't real notifications or get trapped scrolling for nothing in particular like a moth to a lamp who can't figure out there's nothing good for it beyond the attractive bright light.

I'm in the gym to kick my own ass and get the hell out of there and come home to enjoy my free time and hobbies. I don't wanna be in that gym any longer than I have to be and what these phone junkies don't realise is there wasting their entire evening being in the gym longer than necessary doing nothing productive than infinite scrolling. Finish your damn workout and you can go home and scroll away your life as much as you fucking life in your own home but leave me out of it!

Don't even get me started on this. It's another example of mankind's submission to mobile phone addiction that is completely out of control. Seriously, People can't seem to go 30 seconds without checking notifications that aren't real notifications or get trapped scrolling for nothing in particular like a moth to a lamp who can't figure out there's nothing good for it beyond the attractive bright light.

I'm in the gym to kick my own ass and get the hell out of there and come home to enjoy my free time and hobbies. I don't wanna be in that gym any longer than I have to be and what these phone junkies don't realise is there wasting their entire evening being in the gym longer than necessary doing nothing productive than infinite scrolling. Finish your damn workout and you can go home and scroll away your life as much as you fucking life in your own home but leave me out of it!
Spot on Marlon. How on earth can their training have any intensiveness? maybe their thumb muscle is being trained. :D

Edit; i train on a basis of 3x 30 second sets with a 15 second break, then a 30 second break in between different exercises. So i ask ya, where the fuck could i fit a mobile into all that. :D Also on that time scale in the gym i would have to go at around 3-4 in the morning. Another reason, i train at home.

Last edited:
Football shirt culture has been getting on my wick recently. Clubs have fleeced fans for as long as I've been into football. I remember the general outrage of fancy t-shirts being sold for £40+ and the fury when Man Utd released a THIRD kit in the mid-90s.

Now three kits is a standard. And special editions galore. And there are at least two tiers of each kit, a 'stadium' version or some shit at £70-ish, and an 'authentic' or something version at £120-ish. And sometimes these look different, rather than having having better/worse material, effectively being a different shirt.

What's really disappointing is the booming collector market (based on my social media viewing) seems absolutely fine with this, and gush over shirt releases like this is a perfectly sensible practice. 'It's worth paying that little bit more for the extra quality'. Fuck. Off. The lesser t-shirt should be near enough giving you superpowers for £70.

Fans, as per, reluctantly go along with it as their heart overrules their heads. Aberdeen shirts are up £10 this year to £60 for an adult and they've both sold like crazy.

And I haven't even got started on how they're launched as fashion items.

I'll go back to the home now; enjoy the rest of your day, kids.

@Flipper the Priest Couldn't agree more. New home/away/3rd every season. Don't know about Aberdeen's red , but we can't even get the same shade of blue every season on top of that. Not that I've bought a club shirt in 20 years anyway so I guess I can't really moan about it. As for the retro shirts, that's a whole other avenue of revenue for the clubs now as well.

On another things-that-piss-me off related matter is the 'match day experience' thing. Is anyone else getting that from their club now? I imagine it's right across football by now. How was your match day experience? How are the toilets, the concessions, the concourse, the off the pitch entertainment/media etc. Well, for me it's entirely dependent on what's on the pitch thanks. You can give me an armchair if you like and a waiter bringing your expensive food and drink to me, it won't make a shit performance with little to no effort put in feel any better or make a 'that's why I go to football' match any better. I go to football to watch football, what's on the pitch is the only thing that is of any real relevance to my time there.

@mattmid They are not happy with just taking the money anymore. They want you to install apps , need your email, a survey, etc

Like today, my new opticians phone me up and say that my (on a months trial, 2 weeks into the month) contact lenses need to be checked so that everything is OK.
I told them that they are fine, as with other opticians, i have been wearing them for years. I got a bit shirty and told them they are starting to nanny me. They replied that they need to check so they can sign me off as being OK with them. What happened to common sense, where, if i have a problem, i will contact them. FFS!

I am really starting to get irked though with people, companies, media who are constantly of an opinion and telling everyone what they should do. Eat this/don't eat this. Watch out/watch this. wear this/wear that. I really don't think they like us thinking for ourselves anymore.

@mattmid They are not happy with just taking the money anymore. They want you to install apps , need your email, a survey, etc

Like today, my new opticians phone me up and say that my (on a months trial, 2 weeks into the month) contact lenses need to be checked so that everything is OK.
I told them that they are fine, as with other opticians, i have been wearing them for years. I got a bit shirty and told them they are starting to nanny me. They replied that they need to check so they can sign me off as being OK with them. What happened to common sense, where, if i have a problem, i will contact them. FFS!

I am really starting to get irked though with people, companies, media who are constantly of an opinion and telling everyone what they should do. Eat this/don't eat this. Watch out/watch this. wear this/wear that. I really don't think they like us thinking for ourselves anymore.
Could not agree more Buzzy!

@Flipper the Priest When I started watching football in 2004, most teams were using the same shirt for 2 years and alternated between releasing either a new home or away kit season. Kind of made it feel like a big deal when your team finally got a fresh new shirt and only a select few had a 3rd shirt for Champions League ties. Think Liverpool's 2006 Gold Champions League trim or Inter Milan's hoop variation of the traditional strip.

Now it's capitalist overkill and the communist brainwashing that you NEED the newest thing otherwise you're an out-of-touch idiot - Well no one wants to be uncool so, gotta go out and buy the newest thing without questioning the value it truly brings!

Even the replica balls cost more than a fucking PS5 game these days.

Play PES 21 and these kind of shit happening every game.
Have 74% possession, 13 shots and 7 on target, 249 passes against 88. Make a goal with very much difficult and concede a goal at 87' with a fucking single shot.
Fucking pathetic game, it's impossible to not get tilted.

mds.png

Play PES 21 and these kind of shit happening every game.
Have 74% possession, 13 shots and 7 on target, 249 passes against 88. Make a goal with very much difficult and concede a goal at 87' with a fucking single shot.
Fucking pathetic game, it's impossible to not get tilted.

View attachment 228370
Are you on pc? if so have you tried the dynamic difficult & AI Tweaks mods?

https://evoweb.uk/threads/ai-difficulty-tweaks-sider-module.93930/

https://evoweb.uk/threads/dynamic-difficulty-scripting-removal-sider-module.94139/

16 degrees here, cold, windy, cloudy.
Makes me nostalgic towards those autumn times between 2001-2013 when i was waiting for the new PES demo to come out, to pickup and play the final game in the first few weeks. Those were special times. Only living in memories now.

16 degrees here, cold, windy, cloudy.
Makes me nostalgic towards those autumn times between 2001-2013 when i was waiting for the new PES demo to come out, to pickup and play the final game in the first few weeks. Those were special times. Only living in memories now.
It's rained every day here in the UK these past few weeks. We had about 4 weeks of glorious, searing sunshine. Now the weather's on shuffle.

The other day I was sitting at work during an almighty grey and dreary downpour, staring out my window just suddenly feeling nostalgic and wishing I was in the comfort of my cozy bedroom playing some classic PES with the rain beating off of the window.

It's rained every day here in the UK these past few weeks. We had about 4 weeks of glorious, searing sunshine. Now the weather's on shuffle.

The other day I was sitting at work during an almighty grey and dreary downpour, staring out my window just suddenly feeling nostalgic and wishing I was in the comfort of my cozy bedroom playing some classic PES with the rain beating off of the window.
In this instance, this thread should be, the things that piss on me. :P

However the UK is set to warm up again over weds/thurs/fri, before we are back to the wetness. Enjoy! what i fear will be the last of summer for us.

In this instance, this thread should be, the things that piss on me. :P

However the UK is set to warm up again over weds/thurs/fri, before we are back to the wetness. Enjoy! what i fear will be the last of summer for us.

It absolutely hammered down Saturday didn't it. I am sure there is a law about the first game of the season having to be a hot Saturday afternoon! Nope, absolutely soaked. Thanks for nothing weather! :LOL:

Haha I find it funny how you UK folks are usually so hungry for sunshine! :LOL: For me, bring on the cool weather! I've lived in cool temperatures all my life. Bogotá is up in the mountains, 2600 m over sea level, and we are usually 13-19 degrees the whole year. It's sunny/rainy/clear/cloudy all in the span of 1 day! I've grown so used to this weather that 20+ is uncomfortably warm for me. I've never been to Europe, but I reckon the UK weather would probably suit my preference best. :LOL:

1691611135919.png

I live in the Arizona desert, and we just had our hottest month on record where it was pretty much over 100 degrees every day. Luckily, I don't live in Phoenix, where it was over 110 for 15 days, I believe. We do get some relief by summer monsoons, but one came through two weeks ago and knocked everyone's power out, so...it wasn't much of a relief. I guess the trade-off here is that we don't have awful winters.

I'd kill for a summer in the UK or Bogota if anyone is up for an exchange.

Haha I find it funny how you UK folks are usually so hungry for sunshine! :LOL: For me, bring on the cool weather! I've lived in cool temperatures all my life. Bogotá is up in the mountains, 2600 m over sea level, and we are usually 13-19 degrees the whole year. It's sunny/rainy/clear/cloudy all in the span of 1 day! I've grown so used to this weather that 20+ is uncomfortably warm for me. I've never been to Europe, but I reckon the UK weather would probably suit my preference best. :LOL:

View attachment 228772
That weather is my absolute dream... Fingers crossed I get to visit one day!

I live in the Arizona desert, and we just had our hottest month on record where it was pretty much over 100 degrees every day. Luckily, I don't live in Phoenix, where it was over 110 for 15 days, I believe. We do get some relief by summer monsoons, but one came through two weeks ago and knocked everyone's power out, so...it wasn't much of a relief. I guess the trade-off here is that we don't have awful winters.

I'd kill for a summer in the UK or Bogota if anyone is up for an exchange.
Oh yes! lots of lovely sunshine. Let's do it....
123.jpg using your quote, for me it's more like, I'd kill myself in the summer

I 100% believe the metric system is a superior measuring system and much easier to comprehend than imperial measurements, but Celsius loses me completely and I don't understand why the rest of the world uses it.

I once heard that Fahrenheit is how humans perceive heat, Celsius is how water perceives heat and Kelvin is how atoms perceive heat. The world should use the metric system for measuring distances and Fahrenheit for measuring temp. 😤

@The Moroccan It's 38 degrees C here with 28% humidity, and I swear to you everyone is complaining how humid and muggy it is here. Arizonans always say "it's a dry heat" which does make a difference. Marrakech with those temperatures and 50% humidity sounds much worse than what we get.

I 100% believe the metric system is a superior measuring system and much easier to comprehend than imperial measurements, but Celsius loses me completely and I don't understand why the rest of the world uses it.

I once heard that Fahrenheit is how humans perceive heat, Celsius is how water perceives heat and Kelvin is how atoms perceive heat. The world should use the metric system for measuring distances and Fahrenheit for measuring temp. 😤

@The Moroccan It's 38 degrees C here with 28% humidity, and I swear to you everyone is complaining how humid and muggy it is here. Arizonans always say "it's a dry heat" which does make a difference. Marrakech with those temperatures and 50% humidity sounds much worse than what we get.

We still hang on to some imperial stuff here in the UK. I learnt both systems at school. I refuse to ever accept kilometres :LOL: And football pitches will always be in yards. How can you have the wall 9.14 metres away from the ball and as for the six-yard box! Height is another, feet and inches. I grew up with my weight measured in stones and always think of it that way rather than KG and I still think of milk in pints as of course beer etc is still measured that way in pubs here. Ironically I have fully accepted Celsius and actually find myself having to convert Fahrenheit to it to equate it in my mind.

The humidity here is what can make high 20's + Celsius seem unbearable at times. Especially seeing as we generally have a temperate climate and thus generally have no A/C in houses as there's mostly no need for it. Except when there is and then we're f***ed! I think everyone here who goes somewhere hot that isn't high humidity always says it's a different dry heat to here and much more bearable.

In terms of temperature measurement I do agree with you, although I'm more familiar with Celsius, it became like a rule to remember the normal human temperature in C° instead of F°. I remember in Physics and Chemistry class we had to convert from Kelvin to Celsius so we can make it easy for our simple minds :LOL: which I classify as "The Things That Piss Me Off"

Another thing about the imperial system which reaaally give me hard time is the volume measurement, I have nothing against imperial system, but sorry HOW MUCH is a tablespoon because I can't make recipes in peace :LMAO:
I think at this point you should already familiarize with the humidity. Marrekeshis have become immune to this type of weather, like they are making fun of us people of the North when we complain about how hot their city is, and yes with that humidity it's almost unbearable there.

1691701501960.png

@The Moroccan I always thought "tablespoon" was like "teaspoon" or something, turns out it's a large spoon. You had me look this up :LOL:

The feet and inches thing was a bit confusing at first, but I think I got used to it was because of watching the NBA as a kid. (From Central Arkansas, Six Seven, Scottie Pippen!) And Stones, that I could never wrap my head around! Lennox Lewis 17 Stone 4 pound haha..

1691701824101.png

@Silverdome94 Maybe this will give you a better feel of the weather here in Bogotá. :TU:

@The Moroccan I always thought "tablespoon" was like "teaspoon" or something, turns out it's a large spoon. You had me look this up :LOL:
It's a big confusion haha, especially the fact that at some point I have never heard of these units, but it's always great to know new stuff!
The feet and inches thing was a bit confusing at first, but I think I got used to it was because of watching the NBA as a kid. (From Central Arkansas, Six Seven, Scottie Pippen!) And Stones, that I could never wrap my head around! Lennox Lewis 17 Stone 4 pound haha..
Okey, for the feet and inches it was FIFA where I got used to it, but I swear I only heard of stones just very recently :LOL:
@Silverdome94 Maybe this will give you a better feel of the weather here in Bogotá. :TU:
@Silverdome94 and maybe this will give you a worse feel of the weather in Marrakesh :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom