What are you listening to?

Just heard this song and thought "Wow, a French song! I bet no-one I know will have heard thos - until I check the youtube comments and they're all in English haha

*A BIT OF A BIG POST INCOMING, SORRY FOR CRASHING IN*

I have heard quite a bunch of stuff in quite some time:

@millossobek you might wanna check this out, really obscure dude , has a solo career and is one of the guy's in a band formed by the former guitarist of Polock, that spanish band I sent here some time back, their guitarist left in 2020 and formed a new band Los Premios, well the guy I'm talking about here is not the former guitarist but a friend of his. Borja Gonzalez, or known as Bob Lazy, heard this album called 'La Vitti Bar', some good indie, pop rock.

• Years of Refusal- Morrissey (2009, so just before the time he started getting all controversial and weird - also, It's his last good album, everything in the 2010s has been decent at BEST)

Now to some bands and stuff;

Who doesn't like new Manchester acts?
I'll make a story here, heard of the Smiths, their guitarist Johnny Marr? He has a solo career right, and his bassist is Iwan Gronow.
He's in a fairly new band called Sea Fever and a few months ago they released this album:
Folding Lines
Interesting part? There are some New Order influences (more Manchester stuff) and has Tom Chapman in the band. Stephen Morris is on some of the songs, too. Worth a listen I guess.

Fontaines D.C., They're a new Irish band , started out 5 years ago, anyone heard of them here? They've got 2 albums and their 3rd is coming out on the 22nd of April, wasn't too impressed by the debut, liked the 2nd a bit more, and I think the singles from this 3rd album; especially Skinty Fia and Jackie Down the Line are actually quite promising, so hear those 2 singles if you're looking for some new acts.

@shareq01 I was wondering dude if you could relink the spotify album you just showed me.. Probably the "preview" gadget thing you posted earlier, or if you could send me a youtube preview if you can so I can listen to it! :TU:

*Johnny Marr intensifies*
They were both part of the Smiths, weren't they?
Yeah, with Andy Rourke on Bass and Mike Joyce on drums
Joined by Craig Gannon for around 10 months in 1986 for Live shows and 3 singles

@shareq01 I was wondering dude if you could relink the spotify album you just showed me.. Probably the "preview" gadget thing you posted earlier, or if you could send me a youtube preview if you can so I can listen to it! :TU:
You mean La Vitti Bar yeah? I don't know why that link doesn't work for you, but here it is

@shareq01 I don't have an active spotify account as I use other platforms/methods to listen to music! In anycase, this really sounds nice, La Vitti Bar it has some traces of early R.E.M. with its jingly guitars, but they have different styles all throughout the album, some more electronic, others more folky a nice variation of sounds! :TU:

Thanks for spring and summer the BBQ season is open.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom