Active Soccer 2023

To be fair, from the video, I saw only high passes, no single low pass. It's important for me because, after the last UFL video, the low passes there are horrible and messed up for so many reasons, from animations and ball physics to directions and success of them. Yes I know its really hard to make good and right looking and feeling low passes, look FIFA still don't get it for so many years, PES games were so close and good with this in one year and ruing next year, eFootball now is a complete joke with low passing.

P.S. After 2nd watch... there is ONE low pass they exist but ist hard to judge :D

Last edited:
That's what i mean @༺Ƥeຮ༻ ; but i didn't wanted to say it : there's only one pass on the ground on the small vid 😂
I know it's short but well... I need to be more "severe" about the game, i don't want to play a mix volley-foot-ball neither.

SWOS is basically long ball football with very few short passes taking place in the game.
The fact there is little short passing in the game doesn't bother me, this game doesn't seem to be replicating football as such, but creating an incredibly fun game to play like SWOS.

There is a reason I still play SWOS today, due to it being the most fun you can have in a game of football even if it isn't realistic.
If this game is half the fun SWOS is then it is a success in my view as I can't play modern football games as they are just outright shit.

Never been a fan of SWOS or Kick-Off to be honest. Yes, we have some fun on Dino Dini's soccer on megadrive but the view, the players all the same head and size, shooting etc. i never been a fan. Same for the dribbling. Too much randomness and sometimes boom 2 pass one shot and you score without knowing how you did lol.

I retried later if it wasn't because i was young and didn't played the game right but no : there's a lot of possibility and i understand people who loves it but i almost hate that football representation. Not because i found it unrealistic but i don't feel what i do.

I repeat : i understand people playing and loving it. But i just can't, too small sprite, too frantic, too random, too hard to control but hard like harder than IRL, i just don't have fun with but more madness and want to throw the controller 😂

Last edited:
SWOS is absolutely anything but random.
It is one of the only games I have played where it is pretty easy to pick up and incredibly difficult to master there is so much skill involved.
The amount of curl you have to put on the ball to score and pass the ball into the right places.

You have to think about what you're doing not like modern FIFA where it is hit pass hit pass hit through ball hit shoot - oh I scored yeah...

Last edited:
Hello guys,.
since we are close the Early Access release I published a gameplay video, so you can get an idea of the current state of the gameplay of the game

I think it looks great, promising. Add some depth with needing precise power and direction for accurate passes and shots. Then, maybe personal preference, but a heavier looking ball/realistic ball physics (or better idea a slider to mod all gameplay aspects).

I think you are onto a winner!

Like I said before, I'm imagining playing this with 11 humans v 11 humans. I think it would be so fun and more importantly a USP for the game.

Hello guys,
since we are close the Early Access release I published a gameplay video, so you can get an idea of the current state of the gameplay of the game

Yes, low passing is better than in UFL but is far from good or OK :D sorry ! the ball moves way too fast in small space, it won't match the passing animation of the players, and the first touch of the receiving player is perfect together that the ball moves to him with higher speed after a low pass, and the sound of the dribbling, ball touching is like a cardboard box, but that is just sound effect and its easy to fix :D

Looks like it's a full manual? If so, I like that, if you release 11 vs 11, a huge community of abandoned Konami PES players will join you :) Trust me.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

Particularly considering this is pretty much a 1-person development, I'm really impressed. It looks like a really solid arcade football game. Full manual could be a lot of fun. Really looking forward to trying it.

A couple of questions - is full manual influenced by player stats or purely user input? And was that video human v human or human v cpu?

Particularly considering this is pretty much a 1-person development, I'm really impressed. It looks like a really solid arcade football game. Full manual could be a lot of fun. Really looking forward to trying it.

A couple of questions - is full manual influenced by player stats or purely user input? And was that video human v human or human v cpu?
The game was human vs CPU but CPU is something I would like to improve.
Yes, full manual is influenced by player stats basically the angle of the pass has a little bit of variation depending on the skills

Yes, low passing is better than in UFL but is far from good or OK :D sorry ! the ball moves way too fast in small space, it won't match the passing animation of the players, and the first touch of the receiving player is perfect together that the ball moves to him with higher speed after a low pass, and the sound of the dribbling, ball touching is like a cardboard box, but that is just sound effect and its easy to fix :D

Looks like it's a full manual? If so, I like that, if you release 11 vs 11, a huge community of abandoned Konami PES players will join you :) Trust me.
In my opinion, this is the most difficult step for Active Soccer 2023 to overcome. You're comparing the details of Active Soccer to UFL, and on one hand, it flatters me because just the fact that there's a comparison between the two games is a source of satisfaction for me, considering the vastly different budget and team size... on the other hand, I understand that the more serious graphical upgrade can trigger this misunderstanding. Active Soccer 2023 does not aim to be realistic because the players move much faster than in reality, the slide tackle is much longer, the swerve of the ball is amplified, etc. The goal of Active Soccer 2023 is to have simplicity and immediacy. Regarding the rhythmic ball sound, you're right, I'll reduce it significantly. Thank you very much for the feedback, it's very useful :-)

Hello guys,

I love it! i do agree that the ball speed is way too much, but if we change the stadium model we have indoor soccer :D
maybe is a bit too much but there would be chances for the future to have something even if its a txt file that allow us to change parameters that affect the ball movement? gravity, weight, etc
Still on my wishlist and waiting patienly for the release!!

Can't wait when it will come to console, i like what i saw on the vid (and there will be patchs and i hope a second version) do you have an approximative date @TheFoxSoft ?
Congrats for what you did man, it's super impressive that you did it alone :SHOCK:
If you needs help for stats balance and info, i'm here mate.

Downloaded and gave it a quick go at lunchtime. It's pretty decent - ball physics is good, speed isn't overly fast, controls work well, game flow has promise. Haven't had a chance to explore tactics or anything yet. Really like the option to pick independently shirt, shorts and socks colour - goodness knows why eFootball can't even offer that. I grew up with the arcade football games in the 90s so this is reminiscent of some of that fun.

Main niggles so far are off the pitch, difficulty getting my gamepad to keep working whilst navigating the menus. Hopefully minor things that can be fixed. Also, I couldn't see a Quit button in the menus to exit back to desktop - had to kill it in Task Manager - am I missing it somewhere?

Will give it some more time tonight after work...looking forward to getting into it more deeply.

@TheFoxSoft Purchased now, can't wait to see how this develops. Best of luck with it - I need a football game to love again!

EDIT: For me, this is already better than Sociable Soccer ever was (the follow-up from creator of Sensible Soccer, Jon Hare).

I love how moving with the ball knocks it ahead and creates separation between the player and the ball, allowing for you to lose possession by being careless with your input. I absolutely LOVE that.

As others have said, I'm less enamoured by the lightning pass speed but a game like this is all about balance and I understand it's like this for a reason.

I'm really impressed and I can only imagine it getting better and better, if you can commit time to it. I really hope you can, because it's a lot of fun as it is.

Huge congratulations to you.

My only technical comments are:

1) I had to force V-sync via my graphics control panel in order for it to be playable (there was really bad screen tearing otherwise). Is this something that could be added as a switch in-game in future?

2) A lot of my settings don't seem to be saving (e.g. camera angle, controller settings - I use the one that swaps shoot / long pass around - etc.).

3) Do you have a database of real player names that you could potentially release as a mod somehow? I wouldn't ask but the current names are so far from the real ones, I don't know who I'm controlling - but maybe this is a legal issue.

4) How do you quit the game without using CTRL-ALT-DEL? :D

Last edited:
This is on my wish list. I don't really back early access games anymore after the Sociable Soccer fiasco.

But, will this game have an edit mode in the future? I'm one for real names lol.

Also, if someone could publish a list of leagues/teams in the future, that would be awesome.

This is on my wish list. I don't really back early access games anymore after the Sociable Soccer fiasco.

But, will this game have an edit mode in the future? I'm one for real names lol.

Also, if someone could publish a list of leagues/teams in the future, that would be awesome.
unknown.png

Wanted to purchase, but i don't know if it's me or someone who connected to my account on Steam : i'm blocked for buying any Steam games. Pretty annoying.

Hope you won't abandon the consoles as it was your first idea mate. I don't know if i can give something like 15 euros (don't care about the -X %) via Paypal and receive the game.
Whatever : all that matters now to me is that the release on console won't be too late like in a month...

Last edited:
Downloaded and gave it a quick go at lunchtime. It's pretty decent - ball physics is good, speed isn't overly fast, controls work well, game flow has promise. Haven't had a chance to explore tactics or anything yet. Really like the option to pick independently shirt, shorts and socks colour - goodness knows why eFootball can't even offer that. I grew up with the arcade football games in the 90s so this is reminiscent of some of that fun.

Main niggles so far are off the pitch, difficulty getting my gamepad to keep working whilst navigating the menus. Hopefully minor things that can be fixed. Also, I couldn't see a Quit button in the menus to exit back to desktop - had to kill it in Task Manager - am I missing it somewhere?

Will give it some more time tonight after work...looking forward to getting into it more deeply.

ops my bad, I am used to press ALT+F4 to quit applications and I thought it was a common command
Interesting feedback about gamepad not working. I think it is due mouse autodetection, if you move the mouse it enters in mouse mode. I will fix it in the next patch (I think it should be out in a couple of days)

@TheFoxSoft Purchased now, can't wait to see how this develops. Best of luck with it - I need a football game to love again!

EDIT: For me, this is already better than Sociable Soccer ever was (the follow-up from creator of Sensible Soccer, Jon Hare).

I love how moving with the ball knocks it ahead and creates separation between the player and the ball, allowing for you to lose possession by being careless with your input. I absolutely LOVE that.

As others have said, I'm less enamoured by the lightning pass speed but a game like this is all about balance and I understand it's like this for a reason.

I'm really impressed and I can only imagine it getting better and better, if you can commit time to it. I really hope you can, because it's a lot of fun as it is.

Huge congratulations to you.

My only technical comments are:

1) I had to force V-sync via my graphics control panel in order for it to be playable (there was really bad screen tearing otherwise). Is this something that could be added as a switch in-game in future?

2) A lot of my settings don't seem to be saving (e.g. camera angle, controller settings - I use the one that swaps shoot / long pass around - etc.).

3) Do you have a database of real player names that you could potentially release as a mod somehow? I wouldn't ask but the current names are so far from the real ones, I don't know who I'm controlling - but maybe this is a legal issue.

4) How do you quit the game without using CTRL-ALT-DEL? :D

thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it
1) I am not a PC guy so I didn't know what V-Sync was about. I will study and try to enable it by default
2) ok, will fix it
3) I have good news, a decide to develop a way to edit player and teams and it will be available in the next patch. I can't really tell you the real names because I have had already enough legal issues with Bundesliga...
4) Alt + F4. I am surprised not everyone knows what Alt F4 does :-)

Thank you very much!

@TheFoxSoft sorry for instinsting but you didn't answered to me or others who asked : about console release you didn't abandon the project i hope?
Otherwhise it's sooner or like in one month if yes?
I really wanted to play now but as i said i'm blocked to brought it as steam said someone took my account etc. even if it was me on another PC... And i can't connect myself anymore.
Thanks mate for your dedication!

@TheFoxSoft sorry for instinsting but you didn't answered to me or others who asked : about console release you didn't abandon the project i hope?
Otherwhise it's sooner or like in one month if yes?
I really wanted to play now but as i said i'm blocked to brought it as steam said someone took my account etc. even if it was me on another PC... And i can't connect myself anymore.
Thanks mate for your dedication!
He said on the first page of the thread, consoles hopefully later this year

Back
Top Bottom