Anth's FIFA 22 Next-Gen Simulation Sliders/Tactical Adjustment (16/05/22)

@Anth James hadn't played fifa in a while but gave your sliders a go and had a couple of very satisfying and varied games. What I liked the most was the ai seemed more error prone than in my previous set (didn't see bullshit pingpong). I just had a couple of games so I need more testing and might have to lower their pass error as I play shorter halves. I do get instances they just lob the ball to my keeper once in a while trying to make a pass.

Great work on these. Will give more feedback once I get more games in

@Anth James hadn't played fifa in a while but gave your sliders a go and had a couple of very satisfying and varied games. What I liked the most was the ai seemed more error prone than in my previous set (didn't see bullshit pingpong). I just had a couple of games so I need more testing and might have to lower their pass error as I play shorter halves. I do get instances they just lob the ball to my keeper once in a while trying to make a pass.

Great work on these. Will give more feedback once I get more games in
Awesome man. I’m personally loving this set too. The error slider high has breathed a whole new life into the game. It isn’t just high pass error = lower pass %, it impacts so much and creates a lot more depth in gameplay. The delivery and execution of each pass has many more outcomes now. A pass might still be technically successful, but instead of being perfect it might need an extra touch which allows a defender more time to get across, or it might create a 50/50 now etc. After many games, I’m still seeing so much more variety than before and it hasn’t stunted how adventurous the CPU is.

It slows things down as passes (and touches) are varied in speed, in how smooth they are and in accuracy. You have to think more about taking care of the ball, difficult passes are now much harder to execute. The CPU feels more human and as a result of a few things - as you said, ping-pong isn’t there. I also think it makes stats matter more.

Last edited:
Testing a small change which is helping me with inertia and overall feeling of movement. So far the change is positive, keeps the positivity of high sprint (in behaviour) and is helping to consolidate the movement and bring in some more physicality.

Acceleration: 44/46

Testing a small change which is helping me with inertia and overall feeling of movement. So far the change is positive, keeps the positivity of high sprint (in behaviour) and is helping to consolidate the movement and bring in some more physicality.

Acceleration: 44/46
I was playing the game yesterday with the set as it is and was testing also even lower acceleration, lower sprint and pass speed. All of them together have calmed things down and the game feels really realistic. I will test further, but I really liked the feeling. Also pass error for both at 73,i am playing fuma, helped the cpu not making some unusual mistakes.

Lowering acceleration unfortunately has an impact on stamina. So I take advantage from EA's bug and restart the match after a few seconds😁. So the players have impact on fatigue

I find the speed issues really frustrating. Playing with acceleration sliders that low helps the manic twisty-turning animations, but then when you're trying to chase down loose balls etc. the players react like they're running through mud. It's not realistic at all - but then you speed it up, and it becomes pinball.

Without an "animation speed" slider rather than a "speed of everything" slider, it's really difficult to balance. But it's too slow to feel like I have fast, incisive players for me with these low slider settings.

I find the speed issues really frustrating. Playing with acceleration sliders that low helps the manic twisty-turning animations, but then when you're trying to chase down loose balls etc. the players react like they're running through mud. It's not realistic at all - but then you speed it up, and it becomes pinball.

Without an "animation speed" slider rather than a "speed of everything" slider, it's really difficult to balance. But it's too slow to feel like I have fast, incisive players for me with these low slider settings.
I agree Chris. I battle with that also. I'm trying to find a balance with high sprint speed and lower acceleration. I feel like this isn't too bad, all things considered but it's not 100% ideal.

@Chris Davies Adding to this, low sprint really has a negative impact on behaviour as well. High sprint speed sorts out many issues and keeps the cpu engaged and ensures they punish you when they can. I find it kicks in at about 70. If there’s space in behind they don’t jog around and change their mind, they sprint into it. Same on the defensive end.

@Chris Davies Adding to this, low sprint really has a negative impact on behaviour as well. High sprint speed sorts out many issues and keeps the cpu engaged and ensures they punish you when they can. I find it kicks in at about 70. If there’s space in behind they don’t jog around and change their mind, they sprint into it. Same on the defensive end.

Is there a new update today? I agree with what someone up said, with the pass error at 78 the other goalie just passed the ball to my striker on a goal kick. Dont know if it was related to that slider or just a brain fart of the game. However, everything else has been playing OK will try to lower the pass error. Still enjoyable but I kind of need a take a break from my career save for a few days.

Is there a new update today? I agree with what someone up said, with the pass error at 78 the other goalie just passed the ball to my striker on a goal kick. Dont know if it was related to that slider or just a brain fart of the game. However, everything else has been playing OK will try to lower the pass error. Still enjoyable but I kind of need a take a break from my career save for a few days.
Yeah give a slighty lower error a go and see how that is. @christosbalt suggested 73. It’s strange, I haven’t had those moments at all. Maybe it’s the teams we’re playing with. I mainly play with top div teams.

Seems like 44/46 acceleration is the way to go, the players don't feel to sluggish and not reacting too fast.
Yeah I feel like it’s a pretty good balance. It doesn’t have that sluggish feel and you can still feel the difference between running and jogging, plus you get the behavioural benefits from sprint speed.

After more testing, 46 acceleration for the CPU unfortunately has some negative impacts on behaviour. It makes them a little too passive in attack and defence. They’re also just a touch too slow off the mark defensively and I was finding it was becoming too easy to beat a man and get behind a defence.

I still really like 44 for the user as it helps the feeling of movement.....so I tried 44/48 to get the best of both worlds and it’s playing very nicely.

Sure it’s more difficult, but it’s not impossible at all to still beat the CPU in a race or to outrun them. It creates a little more intensity and resistance when you’re on the ball too (which is definitely needed in my opinion) as the CPU can close you down faster and you have to think more. The passing game becomes more important on this setting and when defending you have to consider your positioning more than before. Don’t worry too much about the number discrepancy and just play and I think you’ll see the simulation benefits.

I’ll keep testing, but so far:

Acceleration: 44/48

EDIT: The one area I’d really like to improve is the overall position of teams so there’s more resistance to play the ball out of your own half. It’s not every time, but most of the time the retreating of pressure to play the ball out of your defensive half isn’t strong enough. On current gen I was able to achieve this by playing with a major height discrepancy of 13/93 (or something close to that). It really realigned the teams positions. Unfortunately I haven’t noticed much of an impact with the height slider on NG, plus we have to think about the issue of defenders tracking runs deep. If we could create that strong resistance I think we’d be in a very good place, but I’m not sure if it’s possible at this stage..

Last edited:
just checking in @Anth James , still enjoying your sliders, decreased the AI pass error a bit but still playing very nice. I will try the 44/48 adjustment tomorrow. Let me know if any other changes from the update but got some games in and had a good time

just checking in @Anth James , still enjoying your sliders, decreased the AI pass error a bit but still playing very nice. I will try the 44/48 adjustment tomorrow. Let me know if any other changes from the update but got some games in and had a good time
Thanks man. Only other adjustment is I bumped GK up by 1. I like the lower values but if I see a bad howler I'm going up in 1 point at a time haha. 43/43.

I'm still a little undecided about 44/48 acceleration. I think it's starting to feel a bit sluggish. Both are good options, but I'll go back to 46/48 for now.

There seems to be more separation on 46 and it creates more of a fight for the ball. That was missing on 44.

Last edited:
I'm still a little undecided about 44/48 acceleration. I think it's starting to feel a bit sluggish. Both are good options, but I'll go back to 46/48 for now.

There seems to be more separation on 46 and it creates more of a fight for the ball. That was missing on 44.
Hi, many thanks for your sliders and sharing. Could you elaborate on this : "On current gen I was able to achieve this by playing with a major height discrepancy of 13/93" ? Is it related to the Line Height ? What values are recommended according to you ?Ty

Hi, many thanks for your sliders and sharing. Could you elaborate on this : "On current gen I was able to achieve this by playing with a major height discrepancy of 13/93" ? Is it related to the Line Height ? What values are recommended according to you ?Ty
Yeah on Current Gen, the height discrepancy definitely helped with repositioning teams to make it more difficult to come out of your own half. I know it says it's for the defensive end of the pitch only, but in my experience it also impacts the offensive. With a low user height, it keeps your own team in a lower base position when you have the ball. So your strikers and wingers etc, won't sit quite as high. This combined with a higher base position for the CPU and with higher marking resulted in that space being condensed and lots more passing lanes blocked. It didn't result in a ridiculously low user height in defensive either for some reason (I think marking helped balance it). I've found that the numbers don't always have to be equal at all, and they don't always do exactly what you think they would, it's just about finding the behaviours and adjusting from there.

Unfortunately the height slider on NG seems to be overridden by the Hypermotion movement, and it just doesn't seem to stick properly so it doesn't work on NG.

The main issue with that resistance is really coming from the midfielders on NG. They revert back into their shape very quickly (unless the team tactic is to press) and they don't really come out of that shape to put pressure on the other CMs. That's the Hypermotion movement - teams move as a unit. I like that aspect a lot in many ways, but in this particular instance it's a little too rigid. The mids should be a little more organic in their behaviour to mark and pressure. If we had some individual man-marking settings that could help possibly, but I don't think that's an option anymore...

Also, I played a few games on legendary last night, I was expecting a ping-pong, goal fest but it actually played well in the small amount of time I had with it. The resistance issue isn't 'fixed' but there is a little more resistance on legendary, so that's an option to help it a bit too.

Last edited:
I recommend giving the set/adjustment a go on legendary. Having some great matches. The CPU resistance and attack is better compared to world class.

I recommend giving the set/adjustment a go on legendary. Having some great matches. The CPU resistance and attack is better compared to world class.
ok i will try ! do you have some recommendations or specific adjustments to made on your set for FUMA players? ty

ok i will try ! do you have some recommendations or specific adjustments to made on your set for FUMA players? ty
I am playing the set as it is with the tactical adjustment in the EPL,with FUMA controls . The only change I made is pass error for both at 73 and shot error for the user at 67 because I was playing with that value before. I will try also legendary but with pass error at 78 for the Cpu. I have to say that the game plays really good with this set!

I played one game with these before, and changed the oppositions defensive line as suggested. I played as United v Brighton on Legendary slow FUMA. Quickly realised that old fifa habits won't work. Have to control the ball now which I like.

So am I right in thinking that the better the team, the higher you set their defensive line? So for top sides 100 and for 'lesser' sides 75 minimum?

I played one game with these before, and changed the oppositions defensive line as suggested. I played as United v Brighton on Legendary slow FUMA. Quickly realised that old fifa habits won't work. Have to control the ball now which I like.

So am I right in thinking that the better the team, the higher you set their defensive line? So for top sides 100 and for 'lesser' sides 75 minimum?
Good to hear. Also use the 'Step Up' instruction for all defenders, and do the changes for your team as well and you'll see even more benefit. Yeah pretty much what you said, I just base it on their original height usually and just re-calibrate to a higher number. If you do lots of teams, just save your squads as 'Tactical Adjustment' that way a squad update won't override it and you can go back to it whenever you want.

It's strange because with other settings, those high lines would previously lead to easy counter attacks, but with the right settings it just doesn't. It brings in more midfield. I played vs City yesterday on Legendary and they killed me with the press and I couldn't get in behind easily either.

These are tough on legendary! Enjoying it though, CPU is varied and still makes mistakes. I haven’t seen any ping pong yet either.

Good to hear. Also use the 'Step Up' instruction for all defenders, and do the changes for your team as well and you'll see even more benefit. Yeah pretty much what you said, I just base it on their original height usually and just re-calibrate to a higher number. If you do lots of teams, just save your squads as 'Tactical Adjustment' that way a squad update won't override it and you can go back to it whenever you want.

It's strange because with other settings, those high lines would previously lead to easy counter attacks, but with the right settings it just doesn't. It brings in more midfield. I played vs City yesterday on Legendary and they killed me with the press and I couldn't get in behind easily either.

Cheers for this. Yes it definitely eliminates the ping pong. On manual you really have to take your time on the ball which eliminates taking advantage of high lines etc. The only issue I'm having on manual is there are a few too many pass errors that are way out of context. I go to play a simple pass sometimes straight on the ball and it's like they've never kicked a ball in their life! But I'm enjoying it much more and it feels like I'm having to learn a new game which is good.

Cheers for this. Yes it definitely eliminates the ping pong. On manual you really have to take your time on the ball which eliminates taking advantage of high lines etc. The only issue I'm having on manual is there are a few too many pass errors that are way out of context. I go to play a simple pass sometimes straight on the ball and it's like they've never kicked a ball in their life! But I'm enjoying it much more and it feels like I'm having to learn a new game which is good.
Yeah you might need to recalibrate the error slider for manual. I’m not sure what the sweet spot is yet. I heard 73 could work, but let me know what works for you.

On world class I started at 68 and now I am on 73. For legendary l started at 65 and I will play more to see how it goes

For those looking for a set and worried about constant changes, these haven’t changed now in a number of weeks. The only adjustment I’m really making is on GK. I’m up to 44/44, and just looking to keep them organic but without ridiculous howlers.

Distances and positioning across the pitch has a major impact on gameplay patterns and they can drastically enhance or limit variety. I’ve focused a lot on getting this right and I feel all of the values work really well together now (especially the lines/marking/acceleration discrepancies)

If you’re using the tactical adjustment, start looking at the possession heat map in the tactics screen. It’s a good indication to show how it’s working. I’m finding it’s consistently much more balanced, with more of the CPU’s possession in the middle of the pitch now instead of the final third. With my own possession I’m finding it’s similar, if not pushed back a little further in some games. Shows that the resistance is much better - and when all combined it’s a big reason for lack of ping pong.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas!
Playing the set as it is with the tactical adjustment in the EPL with fuma controls. I just wanted to notice for legendary I think that shot error for the Cpu must go up between 80-85. Also I tried on world class a discrepancy in sprint speed 60/70 and I felt it had a great impact on challenge, I couldn't get easy in behind as usual, the Cpu players where all the time in the correct position. As for powerbar, I was using 42 so I needed more time to execute my commands but I founded my long balls and shots where to accurate, using 65 now and it helps a lot making errors in this 2 situations. Even thinking to try higher value.

Merry Christmas!
Playing the set as it is with the tactical adjustment in the EPL with fuma controls. I just wanted to notice for legendary I think that shot error for the Cpu must go up between 80-85. Also I tried on world class a discrepancy in sprint speed 60/70 and I felt it had a great impact on challenge, I couldn't get easy in behind as usual, the Cpu players where all the time in the correct position. As for powerbar, I was using 42 so I needed more time to execute my commands but I founded my long balls and shots where to accurate, using 65 now and it helps a lot making errors in this 2 situations. Even thinking to try higher value.
Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't adjusted anything aside from GK for quite a while and still really enjoying, but I'll take a look at what you've tried for sure.

Back
Top Bottom