Anth's FIFA 22 Next-Gen Simulation Sliders/Tactical Adjustment (16/05/22)

Thanks so much for the settings it’s breathed new life into the game for me just a quick question I’m playing on full manual settings and I’m really struggling with crossing and how to cross the ball high into the far post I’ve tried allsorts but nothing seems to work any help would be much appreciated

Thanks so much for the settings it’s breathed new life into the game for me just a quick question I’m playing on full manual settings and I’m really struggling with crossing and how to cross the ball high into the far post I’ve tried allsorts but nothing seems to work any help would be much appreciated
Hey thanks for the feedback. I’ve actually just gone back to semi controls in the last day or so as I was starting to find some of the manual passing can be quite inconsistent in the game also.

I really like elements of manual, but I also find that different types of passes and shooting in this game seem to have very different application methods (which gets frustrating). I’m sure I’ll go back to try manual soon enough. Off the top of my head and I’d say try putting a fair bit of power into your crosses, but I certainly know what you mean with the difficulty. I find through balls very inconsistent also and have actually gone back to assisted with those at the moment and find them better.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I’ve actually just gone back to semi controls in the last day or so as I was starting to find some of the manual passing can be quite inconsistent in the game also.

I really like elements of manual, but I also find that different types of passes and shooting in this game seem to have very different application methods (which gets frustrating). I’m sure I’ll go back to try manual soon enough. Off the top of my head and I’d say try putting a fair bit of power into your crosses, but I certainly know what you mean with the difficulty. I find through balls very inconsistent also and have actually gone back to assisted with those at the moment and find them better.
I’ve got really used to FUMA and love it like I said it’s just with crossing I just can’t seem to pick anyone out at the far post no matter how much power I put on it which is so frustrating when the rest of what I’m playing is bloody good

I’ve got really used to FUMA and love it like I said it’s just with crossing I just can’t seem to pick anyone out at the far post no matter how much power I put on it which is so frustrating when the rest of what I’m playing is bloody good
That’s great you’ve figured it out, I never really have been able to fully master FIFA manual! Have you tried the lofted cross?

Merry Christmas!
Playing the set as it is with the tactical adjustment in the EPL with fuma controls. I just wanted to notice for legendary I think that shot error for the Cpu must go up between 80-85. Also I tried on world class a discrepancy in sprint speed 60/70 and I felt it had a great impact on challenge, I couldn't get easy in behind as usual, the Cpu players where all the time in the correct position. As for powerbar, I was using 42 so I needed more time to execute my commands but I founded my long balls and shots where to accurate, using 65 now and it helps a lot making errors in this 2 situations. Even thinking to try higher value.
Happy New Year! What kind of shot % are you getting on 80-85 error? I think you’re right that on legendary 63 isn’t quite high enough. I’m finding in the top leagues the CPU is having too high shot % (seems to be more around 75% or so). I’ll try testing 68/68 and go up from there as required.

Edit: Up to 70/70 now...

Last edited:
Happy New Year! What kind of shot % are you getting on 80-85 error? I think you’re right that on legendary 63 isn’t quite high enough. I’m finding in the top leagues the CPU is having too high shot % (seems to be more around 75% or so). I’ll try testing 68/68 and go up from there as required.

Edit: Up to 70/70 now...
Happy new year!! I was yousing 80 and it was usually over 60%,but you will see some nice miss shots from the cpu. Now I am stuck on world class with the speed discrepancy and I don't feel the cpu cheating on me like in legendary. But maybe the 10 points discrepancy on speed are a lot.

2 very slight changes (which I've already updated in the first post).

Goalkeepers: 45/45
Shot error: 70/70 (Legendary only)

Thanks @christosbalt for the suggestion of upping shot error for Legendary. I've settled on 70/70 for now, but open to lifting it higher if needed.

@christosbalt Spot on with the Power Bar for manual - 65 is great. It doesn't make the ground passing feel too laboured and has a good fluidity to it. It's so strange how FIFA's manual passing always makes the ball roll so much less. You could even go higher depending on personal preference, but the balance will be in shooting as that has a different sensitivity to passing. 65 seems like a good balance.

Power Bar: 45 (semi), 65 (manual)

@christosbalt Spot on with the Power Bar for manual - 65 is great. It doesn't make the ground passing feel too laboured and has a good fluidity to it. It's so strange how FIFA's manual passing always makes the ball roll so much less. You could even go higher depending on personal preference, but the balance will be in shooting as that has a different sensitivity to passing. 65 seems like a good balance.

Power Bar: 45 (semi), 65 (manual)
Exactly, I tried higher values but 65 is the best balance. If you like try also the speed discrepancy on world class, 5-10 points, I am using 8 and I am loving it! It is maybe because I am better in the game now after playing it a lot but for me it feels great! You have to battle more for the ball and especially it is difficult to get in behind

Exactly, I tried higher values but 65 is the best balance. If you like try also the speed discrepancy on world class, 5-10 points, I am using 8 and I am loving it! It is maybe because I am better in the game now after playing it a lot but for me it feels great! You have to battle more for the ball and especially it is difficult to get in behind
I’m stuck on legendary. I love the extra midfield resistance that it brings...but I’m terrible at it haha.

This set is definitely going to need some looking at post patch. The balance is quite off since the release...

Looks like there’s some positive changes to the core gameplay which will mean an adjustment to the sliders/tactical adjustment. Right now the sliders/adjustment are making it worse. Going to play on default for a while and go from there..

Edit: Making some good progress this afternoon to balance this out.

Last edited:
I’m very much still working on refining the set and figuring out what's new, but the good news is the balance didn’t need to be altered too much to get to a fairly good place and the tactical adjustment is still a big help.

***Working Set for TU4:

1. Sliders

-World Class/Legendary (I recommend Legendary for more midfield resistance, but it’s tough), Slow, 10 min halves
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Pass Block Assistance On, Analogue Sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 65/65
Acceleration: 47/49
Shot Error: WC: 67/67 Legendary: 74/74
Pass Error: 90/80 (Manual: 80/80)
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 32/28
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 48/48 (If this isn’t for you revert to 50/50)
Marking: 50/65
Run Frequency: 65/65
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 45/35
Line Width: 35/55
FB Positioning: 50/50
First Touch Error: 95/95
Power bar: 45 (for full manual I recommend 65 as it’s better for passing)

2. Tactical Adjustment.

Last edited:
Hi Anth I’m still playing full manual. Any reason why pass error is set to 80? Surely full manual passing is tough enough
Hey man, I just prefer the passing a little more rough around the edges and harder to pin down, but you’re right it’s still tough on 50, so stick with it if it’s working best for you. I keep changing between manual and semi for ground passing. Everything else I’m set on manual.

Hey man, I just prefer the passing a little more rough around the edges and harder to pin down, but you’re right it’s still tough on 50, so stick with it if it’s working best for you. I keep changing between manual and semi for ground passing. Everything else I’m set on manual.
Plus 2 for AI on acceleration? Wont they just intercept everything

Plus 2 for AI on acceleration? Wont they just intercept everything
Nah. I’ve had +2 acceleration for months and I love it. I find without the discrepancy it’s just too easy to just twist and burst by the CPU. It also makes the press more intense. I did have to up it by 1 post patch (previously 46/48) as the balance was off and the CPU wasn’t alert on 48. 49 so far seems better for them.

New adjustments seem to be holding up well so far. I’m seeing more possession back in the middle of the park from both teams, less shots, more human pass accuracy. I’ve made a couple of slight changes, mainly in length (for better distances) and on manual error (I’ve backed it off to 70 for now on shot/pass error for manual @Plumstone22 , thanks for the tip)

// 24/1/22

***Working Set for TU4:

1. Sliders

-World Class/Legendary (I recommend Legendary for more midfield resistance, but it’s tough), Slow, 10 min halves
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Pass Block Assistance On, Analogue Sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 70/70
Acceleration: 48/50
Shot Error: WC: 67/67 Legendary: 74/74 (Manual: 70/74)
Pass Error: 88/78 Manual: 70/78
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 32/28
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 49/49
Marking: 45/60
Run Frequency: 65/65
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 60/40
Line Width: 45/65
FB Positioning: 60/60
First Touch Error: 95/95
Power bar: 45 (for full manual I recommend 65 as it’s better for passing)

2. Tactical Adjustment.

EDIT: I’m trying to balance out some issues. I’m not so sure about this update still...

Last edited:
Just tried the new adjustments, how are you finding marking? I've just had a 4-3 thriller as villa vs man utd. Poor tracking from utds midfield left players open in the box a fair bit. Could just be utds midfield being poor IRL so could be quite accurate tbf 😅

I have to say though that all the goals were very "human" and the game flows really well. This is the best this game has been since release for me. Its gone up a level from just being good with this new patch, it's now really really good for me

Just tried the new adjustments, how are you finding marking? I've just had a 4-3 thriller as villa vs man utd. Poor tracking from utds midfield left players open in the box a fair bit. Could just be utds midfield being poor IRL so could be quite accurate tbf 😅

I have to say though that all the goals were very "human" and the game flows really well. This is the best this game has been since release for me. Its gone up a level from just being good with this new patch, it's now really really good for me
That’s really good to hear! I like some things, but I’m not as sold on the new patch as others so far, but I’m hoping it changes. My biggest frustration post patch is the tendency for the CPU to play more one touch passes overall. They were doing FAR less of this pre patch.

I haven’t noticed marking being an issue personally but I’ll keep an eye out. I usually find a slightly lower marking for the User is beneficial in slowing down the CPU’s attacking directness. Too high and they seem to perceive a constant threat and rush forward.

I’ve found at this stage I’ve had to go back to 48/50 for acceleration which is a little frustrating as it’s quite quick, but lower acceleration for the CPU after the update is making them strangely passive in defensive situations. This definitely wasn’t happening pre patch. I’ve also tried slowing down via sprint, but there’s just something about 70 sprint speed that really eliminates a lot of behavioural issues within the gameplay. Trying to come up with a solution..

Last edited:
For anyone following, I’ve reverted back to the disc version and am enjoying it so much more than TU4. Unless there’s a positive change in a future update I’ll be sticking with this, despite some of the bugs in the first release. I’ve changed my sliders/tactical adjustment back to pre update and they’re holding up very well again. I’ve just bumped GK up to 51/51 for now and will see how that goes as they were really struggling on 50.

I really recommend giving v1.00 a go. Animations, speed, weight, interia, ball physics are all much, much better.

First post is up to date.

For anyone following, I’ve reverted back to the disc version and am enjoying it so much more than TU4. Unless there’s a positive change in a future update I’ll be sticking with this, despite some of the bugs in the first release. I’ve changed my sliders/tactical adjustment back to pre update and they’re holding up very well again. I’ve just bumped GK up to 51/51 for now and will see how that goes as they were really struggling on 50.

I really recommend giving v1.00 a go. Animations, speed, weight, interia, ball physics are all much, much better.

First post is up to date.
The good thing is that you can update the current squads without downloading the latest patch.

That overall pace!! :...

:YES:

Vanilla plus your sliders: It is amazing how different the game can be. :SHOCK:

Thanks @Anth James ! 🙏

We’re your latest sliders for the updated version targeting a similar gameplay experience?

Edit: had several testing runs with the latest of your sliders for the updated game. First touch and pass error seems to help with frantic AI a bit as they loose more balls, or gimme more time and space to steal the ball. Interesting.

Edit2: what’s this sorcery?! Spurs with only 4 shots at half time. 😳😍
...gotta go run some errands... can’t wait to finish this one.

Last edited:
That overall pace!! :...

:YES:

Vanilla plus your sliders: It is amazing how different the game can be. :SHOCK:

Thanks @Anth James ! 🙏

We’re your latest sliders for the updated version targeting a similar gameplay experience?

Edit: had several testing runs with the latest of your sliders for the updated game. First touch and pass error seems to help with frantic AI a bit as they loose more balls, or gimme more time and space to steal the ball. Interesting.

Edit2: what’s this sorcery?! Spurs with only 4 shots at half time. 😳😍
...gotta go run some errands... can’t wait to finish this one.
Haha nice to hear you're enjoying it. So I've been happy with how this set held up with every update up until the last, which is when I reverted back to the disc version. One thing I'm finding I don't like about the disc version is that the CPU is reluctant to shoot from outside the box.

I've always aimed for this pace, but my priority is always in behaviour and positioning before I worry too much about pace. I think when you first tried, it was still a work in progress.

In regards to shot count, yes you should definitely find they’re down and that there’s more midfield. If you check possession heat maps you’ll find much more of the game generally takes place in the midfield as opposed to constant end-to-end.

Unfortunately with the latest update, it seemed to lose some balance in many areas, *but* I'm having another look at it now. I've just re-updated it again and will be testing with a fresh set of eyes after coming from the disc version for a week or so...

EDIT: @PRO_TOO I seem to be having some luck at the moment reducing some of the issues with the update! I think the biggest issue is the ability to now beat an opponent too easily. Part of it is unfortunately the animation speed (which is impacting physicality), but part of it is behaviour. I think the CPU is rushing in, positioning themselves strangely in their approach (especially the FB). Can you keep the original set-up (feel free to change pass error etc to how you like) but try the following positional changes:

FB Positioning: 30/30

It’s a subtle change, but so far this seems to be helping them sit off a little more and stay in a more neutral defensive position instead of just charging in and being easily beaten.

It’s still pretty frantic, etc but I’m mainly trying to get the big issues solved before getting to that. World Class is better in this regard on the update compared to Legendary.

Last edited:
After some more testing, it really is that animation transition speed/dribbling speed that is just ridiculous in the update. It’s unbelievably sped up and not at all balanced. So much of the good work is taken away by it. The physicality just doesn’t have a chance to stick because it’s all suddenly so hyperactive. Argh.

Haha nice to hear you're enjoying it. So I've been happy with how this set held up with every update up until the last, which is when I reverted back to the disc version. One thing I'm finding I don't like about the disc version is that the CPU is reluctant to shoot from outside the box.

I've always aimed for this pace, but my priority is always in behaviour and positioning before I worry too much about pace. I think when you first tried, it was still a work in progress.

In regards to shot count, yes you should definitely find they’re down and that there’s more midfield. If you check possession heat maps you’ll find much more of the game generally takes place in the midfield as opposed to constant end-to-end.

Unfortunately with the latest update, it seemed to lose some balance in many areas, *but* I'm having another look at it now. I've just re-updated it again and will be testing with a fresh set of eyes after coming from the disc version for a week or so...

EDIT: @PRO_TOO I seem to be having some luck at the moment reducing some of the issues with the update! I think the biggest issue is the ability to now beat an opponent too easily. Part of it is unfortunately the animation speed (which is impacting physicality), but part of it is behaviour. I think the CPU is rushing in, positioning themselves strangely in their approach (especially the FB). Can you keep the original set-up (feel free to change pass error etc to how you like) but try the following positional changes:

FB Positioning: 30/30

It’s a subtle change, but so far this seems to be helping them sit off a little more and stay in a more neutral defensive position instead of just charging in and being easily beaten.

It’s still pretty frantic, etc but I’m mainly trying to get the big issues solved before getting to that. World Class is better in this regard on the update compared to Legendary.
Currently testing those 2 settings, marking and fb pos but can’t see those huge gaps you posted an example video of.
Will report back tonight.

Currently testing those 2 settings, marking and fb pos but can’t see those huge gaps you posted an example video of.
Will report back tonight.
Oh don’t worry about the positional gap from the counter, it’s the one on one interaction that’s the focus of that video. The way the defender just moves across/attacker is able to change direction so suddenly.

Oh don’t worry about the positional gap from the counter, it’s the one on one interaction that’s the focus of that video. The way the defender just moves across/attacker is able to change direction so suddenly.
Maybe it’s me and my understanding.... the attacker takes 2 touches to get in a new direction. That looks ok to me.
The passive behavior from defense, not recognizing the attackers movement and creating the gap in the process, looks worse to me.

Edit: a thought: the physical turning and body movement of a player is quicker, I agree. Compared to the more weighty, human animations in vanilla.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom