eFootball (All Platforms)

Unlike the NBA or the NFL where those two organizations carry licensed teams and players, the FIFA license doesn't mean a whole lot. Apart from having the FIFA branding, national teams, and the World Cup, what else is there? FIFA don't own the clubs or the leagues. FIFA don't own the rights to the champions league or the Euros, and they definitely don't own the players. Coinami don't need the FIFA license to make their game look better. They need to add singleplayer content, some gameplay features that captures the real feel of an actual football match, and allow for an expansive edit mode.

I think the issue seemed to stem from the fact that FIFA did not get paid a % on the mtx that was making EA billions. They tried to get into that pie and EA said no. So they went with the other obvous route, which is ask for an unreasonable amount of money for the license itself. EA also said no.

Seriously doubt this will have much of an impact, if any, on the EA FC brand they're building.
In the immediate future it shouldnt however like the crooked banker assholes they are, you can only kick the can down the road so far before boom.

They need a new engine regardless of the money they have, they need skill and talent to be given time to make something good from scratch.

None of this is sadly in EA language in their gaming 24/7 mantra. When they finally pull the trigger on a new engine its a case on how quickly they can get it playable or their gravy train will hit a very expensive wall. Who knows maybe EA will keep slogging out this same frankenstein for another 3 years and just throw uncanny valley level graphics on it to keep people playing and buying packs.

For the first time after years I got hooked on a football game (I haven't since FIFA 11 where i played around 15 career seasons).
I like the vs AI Challenges, I really enjoy the AI behavior, I saw desperate long shots at 90', penalties and keeping the ball safe in the defence to keep the advantage. Passing with Level 3 support (the one right after manual) is consistend and reliable , pace and overall speed is spot on.
I hope this will get only better.
I wish I could find more online players on Steam.
Gameplaywise is much better than the other game, and most of my FIFA fanboys friend admit that.

Gameplaywise is much better than the other game, and most of my FIFA fanboys friend admit that.
There must be a name for this condition, where the sufferer cannot appraise PES without mentioning and comparing it to FIFA. Usually with one-line generalisations about "gameplay" lacking in nuance, which don't dig down into aspects of gameplay.

There must be a name for this condition, where the sufferer cannot appraise PES without mentioning and comparing it to FIFA. Usually with one-line generalisations about "gameplay" lacking in nuance, which don't dig down into aspects of gameplay.
Trust me, I can elaborate thoroughly why efootball is better than Fifa (not in every aspect).
To be short, efootball has better pace, feel of inertia/momentum, it has the "misskick" implemented when player is in a difficult position/posture and has to pass or shoot, animations are full and and you can feel the pass/shoot and even more the stunning ones, ball is not glued to the feet, CPU has some reasonal ways to attack / defend.
As for FIFA it has better body collisions, better animation transitions, tons of content offline and online, awesome net physics, variable shot trajectories, , has better player awareness and interactions, better menu interface, and in some aspects better graphics.
As for the comparison, unfortunately we have only two companies that make football games. So it's FIFA or efootball/PES.
I prefer efootball to FIFA does not mean efootball is the holy grail of football games and FIFA is the worst. It's a matter of preference and I just wanted to share it in this forum. What's wrong with that?

Anyway, what I came here to say is that I noticed how many people in Ef2022 Facebook page cry " Bring Pes 21 back" and I am somewhat nervous that KONAMI will take this seriously.
Enough with this PES 2019/20/21 thing I believe. It feels and it is obsolete in many aspects.

Stop with the pes / epes / fifa comparisons, its so futile. Use the comparison thread if You want to do that.

Should simply be pros and cons of efootball 2022 in this thread, even comparing to pes2021 is daft simply because of the direction Konami have chosen to take. Its its own entity, for better or worse.

As for " bring pes2021 back", it tells You much about the regard for latest game. In its present limited form.

I wonder how long it will take to have a proper game with decent modes (especially for offline gaming) and decent amount of teams.
I have now seen their "roadmap" and this is hilarious. Maybe I will risk another view in a year or two, but I hardly believe game will be in a state like it was back in the PES days.

I wonder how long it will take to have a proper game with decent modes (especially for offline gaming) and decent amount of teams.
I have now seen their "roadmap" and this is hilarious. Maybe I will risk another view in a year or two, but I hardly believe game will be in a state like it was back in the PES days.
Personnally retried the game, but like always only on Exhibition / Training (more often), and i didn't saw all the issues mentionned like the game is dead etc.
Perhaps online, no idea, but the ball physics looked better for example, and dribbling a bit less heavy, but not completly fucked up.

Still, overall it's below PES 2021 as a solid game whatever you like it or not(corrected, sorry flokiman lol) except dribbling/well just the animation transitions but i don't found AI that hard like P21 in superstar.
But i believe there's more potential for creativity than Fox old version which was a bit too locked. That one is still Fox for physics etc., but kinda more mixed, reproduced for being more open to creativity/change. So more potential to got something really different from one game to another.

Even with the dribbling mechanics, the rest is basic and need works. Well i kinda believe they will do a good version with time, but they will need something that makes forgot the "big fail that makes everybody laughs" and it won't be easy, far from it.

... They never do that, but to me the only way to resolve that shit it's a comeback to a complete game and erasing F2P : which is something i really don't believe with or without Fifa partnership (who would probably ask for a full game for a better FIFA's representation, but big head in Konami could convince the confederation which have no/a very small idea about the future of VG)

Edit: Well, as long as there's nothing offline if one day we got something / I can just tolerate some simple mode, didn't played ML on every PES at all. And EDIT mode, i don't want to just got access to kits and that's all. But change the players and got a real Save Data for offline.

The most depressing issue is that you can go back to another game from another seasons. We never could do it in the past, it was or playing with vanilla game without transfers or with the last 1.10 patch version. BUT about the Seasons, i still really believe that a sports game doesn't fit with F2P due to that (big) issue : Football is history and we NEED one game for one season.
We can't play season 21-22 if i want, were you like to got some players on their "old" teams on Efootball for example, offline :(

Last edited:
Stop with the pes / epes / fifa comparisons, its so futile. Use the comparison thread if You want to do that.

Should simply be pros and cons of efootball 2022 in this thread, even comparing to pes2021 is daft simply because of the direction Konami have chosen to take. Its its own entity, for better or worse.

As for " bring pes2021 back", it tells You much about the regard for latest game. In its present limited form.
I hope it is not a problem that I post this. But only for clearing up the link in @Chris Davies post.

FIFA-2K-Sports-Take-Two-EA-Sports-License-Name.png

This picture did posted one of our members in one of the Fifa22 threads some weeks/month ago. So if you ask me I would say the twitter post is not correct.

Sorry @superleeds1 it isn't offened against you or other admin/mod. Only for clearing it up and information.
Maybe we could make a new thread for this complete new franchise. But we have less information yet.

Thanks buddys!

I hope it is not a problem that I post this. But only for clearing up the link in @Chris Davies post.

This picture did posted one of our members in one of the Fifa22 threads some weeks/month ago. So if you ask me I would say the twitter post is not correct.

Sorry @superleeds1 it isn't offened against you or other admin/mod. Only for clearing it up and information.
Maybe we could make a new thread for this complete new franchise. But we have less information yet.

Thanks buddys!
I wouldn't take that as authoritative – my niece could have made that in Photoshop.

The idiotic confidence with which people declare the last game(s) to be merely historical footnotes, while the present game is a buggy, incomplete mess served up on a platter of unapologetic predatory capitalism.

Blows my mind, every time.
There are definitely more idiotic things. Notable example is some people's tireless effort to complain day and night about a video game they didn't like.

The idiotic confidence with which people declare the last game(s) to be merely historical footnotes, while the present game is a buggy, incomplete mess served up on a platter of unapologetic predatory capitalism.

Blows my mind, every time.
All these because I enjoy the gameplay of ef2022?
And because I prefer it to PEs 2021?
Come on! I bet you can do better than that!

I don't begrudge anyone's enjoyment of this game, or their preference of it over other games in the recent past. I just can't stand these ridiculous claims about the game being somehow revolutionary or rendering other games obsolete. It's not just a slight exaggeration, it's pure fantasy. I don't think you even mean it as hyperbole either; I think you genuinely think this game represents some new industry standard, a new era or something.

People are entitled to tastes and preferences, and they can't be argued with (nor should they); claims about the relative quality of things, on the other hand, are assessable by others. Enough of us have played this game to find claims like it renders the last game(s) obsolete to be silly.

You like some new moves and the smoother animations, maybe some new mechanics but I'm sure you don't like the gameplay in general, its way too basic and flat, all goals are the same, every game feels the same, its freeking boring as hell ! But maybe you like that tasteless and basicness . Yes I see huge potential but there is no content, modes or... stuff to evolve the gameplay and experience.

btw: The game will be amazing for 11 vs 11 FUMA ...

You like some new moves and the smoother animations, maybe some new mechanics but I'm sure you don't like the gameplay in general, its way too basic and flat, all goals are the same, every game feels the same, its freeking boring as hell ! But maybe you like that tasteless and basicness . Yes I see huge potential but there is no content, modes or... stuff to evolve the gameplay and experience.

I disagree. EF2022 is much better than PES21 gameplay wise, FUMA at least. So free and flowing if you get in the zone. NO clunkiness from the old engine. yes 11x11 will be insane

Unlike the NBA or the NFL where those two organizations carry licensed teams and players, the FIFA license doesn't mean a whole lot. Apart from having the FIFA branding, national teams, and the World Cup, what else is there? FIFA don't own the clubs or the leagues. FIFA don't own the rights to the champions league or the Euros, and they definitely don't own the players. Coinami don't need the FIFA license to make their game look better. They need to add singleplayer content, some gameplay features that captures the real feel of an actual football match, and allow for an expansive edit mode.
That in the new edit mode you can delete Kimura

I disagree. EF2022 is much better than PES21 gameplay wise, FUMA at least. So free and flowing if you get in the zone. NO clunkiness from the old engine. yes 11x11 will be insane
Again.. The gameplay is too broad a concept ... you like a certain part of the game, but the gameplay as a whole is too immature and clumsy, there is too much imbalance in each phase of the field, imbalance dictated by erratic decisions and vision of what they want to do with the game as a whole .

I so wanna play a mate at home using FUMA!
even better… 2vs2!

Thanks buddys!
Now that 2K is developing Lego sports games, we might see a Lego FIFA 2K23

Hi all,
Any defensive tip/advice on free kicks?
I am most of the time able to contain Pay-to-Win players, but if I concede a free kick relatively close to the box, it is a certain goal for my opponent…
Maybe press LB + right stick, 2 control gk, move gk, press b 2 dive & save it, maybe only tackle face 2 face, with match up button.

The most important gameplay element on FUMA is manual passing, and it's awful right now.

The target lock issues are criminal, and they've been there since v1. If you try and play manual playing as though you're playing PA (everything to feet, or everything lumped forward), it's less noticeable. But if you try to play manual by doing what manual normally allows you to do: play into space, play really short passes, etc, then you'll run into a world of trouble. It's shocking it's released in this state.

Could you imagine a WAPES season on this game if they didn't fix the target lock problem though? :LOL: it would be a nightmare... Was bad enough when it happened occasionally on 2021. It would be happening almost every attack for any possession teams.

Hi all,

just wanted to ask is modding possible at all for efootball right now? Eg modding icons into the game or changing kits etc..

Hi all,

just wanted to ask is modding possible at all for efootball right now? Eg modding icons into the game or changing kits etc..
Not yet at least. Potentially never I'm afraid. Game file system and engine refuse any imported files unless (a) genius(es) (@juce, @zlac, @Devil Cold52, @lagune-2 ét al for example) can develop a new sider that is external to game and fool the game and engine system (maybe on memory level for instance). Still early to say.
Not many (if any) would touch the game unless it has a proper offline content.

Last edited:
Not yet at least. Potentially never I'm afraid. Game file system and engine refuse any imported files unless (a) genius(es) (@juce, @zlac, @Devil Cold52, @lagune-2 ét al for example) can develop a new sider that is external to game and fool the game and engine system (maybe on memory level for instance). Still early to say.
Not many (if any) would touch the game unless it has a proper offline content.
https://github.com/gitMenv/UEcastoc
Found that some weeks ago. Hope he continues his work.

Is there and trick to defend because my defenders run all around like blind without being able to know where the ball is, going in unknown directions. And why all my passes go to my opponent? One more question, why my players are like tanks when they move?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom