eFootball (All Platforms)

Hey you 6 people who are still expecting ML at some point:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hey you 6 people who are still expecting ML at some point:

giphy-downsized-large.gif
My guess is they are waiting to see what EA does with FC 24. If there are improvements to Career Mode and it is still a full game and not a Free2Play version my guess is Konami will then scrap Master League plans and continue focusing on Online and to get more Online players to switch games. They have the perfect excuse then, calling it a "different strategy" from the competition.

What irritates me the most is skipping community queries about offline modes and at the same time cheerful posts on FB and Twitter, where people show their dissatisfaction, and then apologazing from these hypocrites in in-game messages for some bullshit. Apologize for the lack of offline modes, morons. If they don't have plans for offline, let them say it damn it, and if they do, let them give ANY specifics, like "second half of 2023" so we know where we stand.

My guess is they are waiting to see what EA does with FC 24. If there are improvements to Career Mode and it is still a full game and not a Free2Play version my guess is Konami will then scrap Master League plans and continue focusing on Online and to get more Online players to switch games. They have the perfect excuse then, calling it a "different strategy" from the competition.
Should it not be the other way around?
Should a full game, with improved content and gameplay not push them to improve things on their side?
If EA scraps Career Mode and release F2P game - Konami would have no reason to push themselves. They can just leave it as it is.
Or am I missing the point here?

Should it not be the other way around?
Should a full game, with improved content and gameplay not push them to improve things on their side?
If EA scraps Career Mode and release F2P game - Konami would have no reason to push themselves. They can just leave it as it is.
Or am I missing the point here?
Theoretically it should motivate them yes, to make a better game. But there is some points to consider:

1st If FC 24 has major improvements to Career, creating a better Master League experience definitely will cost some money and this means the DLC would have to be in a price range of 20 to 30 dollars. Still acceptable but at the same time a price range you usually can get Fifa on Sales.

2nd. If FC has a really good Career mode in a Fullprice game, with more licenses, bigger advertisement budget and so on, you can be pretty sure that the majority of players will buy FC. The game is still growing in player numbers

3rd Career Mode players are a smaller number than Online players.

Now lets put these 3 points together:

If FC 24 has a good Career Mode, it would need some heavy investment from Konami to compete with it, all the while FC has more interesting licenses for a Career Mode out of the Box. Career Mode players are also usually players who stick with one game througout the year. So getting people to switch even if Master League has improvements wouldn't be a given. Now Online Players are much more likely to Switch from game to game and you already have the Online Base build and established as Free2Play. So the easy decision is to cancel Master League at that point and focus more on more Event types and more experiences for Online Players who might take a break from FC 24 in between, which also is in general a bigger player base to target.
So the only real opportunity for Konami would be if FC 24 has a bad career Mode, then maybe Fifa Career Mode players would be interested in switching, but if FC 24 has a solid career, there is no reason for Konami to bring Master League back.

Also if EA scraps Career and goes Free2Play Konami would have all the more reason to bring back Master League. Since then Fifa would also be Free2Play and given that there is no cost of entry anymore, there is a huge danger for Konami to lose most of their current players completely to Fifa, so then they would need a differentiator.

But also to keep in consideration: the rumor that EA will go Free2Play has existed many years, but it hasn't happened yet with Fifa and there is probably a good reason for that and also having a Career Mode for example has been an important differentiator to efootball.

Theoretically it should motivate them yes, to make a better game. But there is some points to consider:

1st If FC 24 has major improvements to Career, creating a better Master League experience definitely will cost some money and this means the DLC would have to be in a price range of 20 to 30 dollars. Still acceptable but at the same time a price range you usually can get Fifa on Sales.

2nd. If FC has a really good Career mode in a Fullprice game, with more licenses, bigger advertisement budget and so on, you can be pretty sure that the majority of players will buy FC. The game is still growing in player numbers

3rd Career Mode players are a smaller number than Online players.

Now lets put these 3 points together:

If FC 24 has a good Career Mode, it would need some heavy investment from Konami to compete with it, all the while FC has more interesting licenses for a Career Mode out of the Box. Career Mode players are also usually players who stick with one game througout the year. So getting people to switch even if Master League has improvements wouldn't be a given. Now Online Players are much more likely to Switch from game to game and you already have the Online Base build and established as Free2Play. So the easy decision is to cancel Master League at that point and focus more on more Event types and more experiences for Online Players who might take a break from FC 24 in between, which also is in general a bigger player base to target.
So the only real opportunity for Konami would be if FC 24 has a bad career Mode, then maybe Fifa Career Mode players would be interested in switching, but if FC 24 has a solid career, there is no reason for Konami to bring Master League back.

Also if EA scraps Career and goes Free2Play Konami would have all the more reason to bring back Master League. Since then Fifa would also be Free2Play and given that there is no cost of entry anymore, there is a huge danger for Konami to lose most of their current players completely to Fifa, so then they would need a differentiator.

But also to keep in consideration: the rumor that EA will go Free2Play has existed many years, but it hasn't happened yet with Fifa and there is probably a good reason for that and also having a Career Mode for example has been an important differentiator to efootball.
I can definitely see your points, but I honestly think you are overestimating Konami logic here.

Master League was copy/paste for years now. If anything - it cut a lot of options throughout the years instead of adding more. I honestly think that IF they add Master League - it will be 80-90% copy/paste of Pes21 Master League.
And, sadly, it will be enough.
And they will charge 20/30 dollars regardless, because there is still enough people out there, who only play Pes and hate Fifa (and the other way around).

Maybe its not the best word to describe it, but "Fanatics" like this will buy it, regardless of content.
And, lets be honest, a lot of people from here and casuals will also buy it, because there is not much else out there.

I dont think they monitor EA as much as you think they are. They should, but I dont think they do. Unless it comes down to making poor copies of FUT mechanics.

I think the only reason they havent released any offline content so far is coz they dont want people to play anything else than online.
Coz its not only Offline content thats missing. Its basic options, like game lenght and all difficulties. They consciously locked them all to make people bored and push them online.
And they hope that every 10th, or every 20th person will throw few quid for their coins.

I could be wrong, but thats how I see it.

I agree with you that if they add Master League it will most likely be copy and paste.

But my guess also is it won't happen anymore and the official reason will be "different direction/strategy". But before that they will announce it in a new roadmap for efootball 24 and then cancel it in Autumn.

Why does every eFootball update on PS4 have to be over 40GB in size? It's not like they're changing that much stuff to begin with, and it isn't like that on any other device, only on PS4... I'm starting to think that it might be better to just start playing this on my phone, it's not like there's much of a difference afteral... I'm using a lot of my PS4 storage for something like this and I can't help but feel upset at myself, if this was the PES2022 that they promised, with graphics that took advantage of UE4 and then UE5, I'd excuse it, but this is a literal mobile application, which looks worse than PES2013, a 10 year old installment.

Also, Konami's misuse of the Brazilian League is inexcusable, Brazil is one of their main markets, one of the few where it rivaled FIFA in the last few years, Winning Eleven was a cultural phenomenon here and Konami actually have there important licenses for traditional Brazilian clubs, with full rosters, that EA doesn't have... and what do they do with it? A few special cards on Dream Team every once in a while... what a waste, I just want to play a Brazilian League with my dear Coritiba F.C. already, preferably with custom kits like I did in PES, I want to do the 3rd kit from 2021 justice... is that too much to ask, Konami?

Attachments

• 1G5A4439.jpg
    1G5A4439.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Durandil67 explained it on twitter before
I see, well, looks like it's just another case of Konami dropping the ball as they usually do nowadays, it's just a shame that it had to be on the one console I own that actually runs eFootball2023... besides my mobile phone, of course.

Why 95 ball control players have a touch of a donkey?
Players are still getting in a shock once getting a ball or losing a ball, attackers are still the best defenders, players are still faster than a pass, same old shenanigans. Dunno what you guys playing really. Maybe offline.

Last edited:
I think the only reason they havent released any offline content so far is coz they dont want people to play anything else than online.
Coz its not only Offline content thats missing. Its basic options, like game lenght and all difficulties. They consciously locked them all to make people bored and push them online.
And they hope that every 10th, or every 20th person will throw few quid for their coins.

I could be wrong, but thats how I see it.

OMG... I play 3 games it feels amazing ... I can't believe that they fix so much crap. In defense, now let's say make a tackle, 2X, the player reacts at the moment, before the update, and it takes ages for the player to execute the command. Even in most of cases before, you chase the player with the ball, you try to tackle, your player stops, scratches his buttcheeks, and two hours later tries to tackle the ball... was so frustrating...

Now when you lose the ball, your player no longer " freeze " in time and you can't move him likes happens most of time before... now you actually able to react :D

Now if I fail in defense is all on me, I feel like I have control now over what is happening, and now I can't shield the " air " anymore...

Dribbling is fixed too, now you are no longer stuck on horrible, and slow first touches or animations you can't brake, that screw-up hole momentum, and control of the player.

Look at Busquest here, the first touch> fackeshot > pass and run for positions, before the update that will take ages to be executed but on paper, he has really good ball control, and now you can feel it.

Maybe I need more games but... I'm surprised, it feels nice. On other hand, after playing horrible 2.2.0, now when I do not need to fight with the controller so much, I find the game easier :D

The previous patch made the whole game feel rigid and on rails with fewer animations. Have they managed to bring back the freedom and feeling of looseness?

I am shure that the Programmers from Konami are the greatest Coders ever . But i am really, really very angry about their Sence for finding little Errors in their Code. I found a "little" Error in their Code . Haven't find a way to get my XBox One Controller to get work with eFottball22/23. For shure, if you google this Error you will get an Answer. Another Setting Thing is when you set your Audio to 5.1 Shitty PES won't set this as normal. It reverts to 7.1, no matter what you set. For me it is something that has to do with Sense for Details. Konami has lost this Sense since they focus on Online Gaming. But this is one of these many Things that piss me off to play this fucking Piece of Shit. How can any Idiot find something good in this Game? Fuck off Konami, hate you sooooo much!!!

MotherfuckingG ZeRoberta

The previous patch made the whole game feel rigid and on rails with fewer animations. Have they managed to bring back the freedom and feeling of looseness?
I understand what you mean, but I play just 3 games for now... today I was really busy so I do not have time to play a lot, I can't be sure they fix all that " $hit " . Will be great if you all tested and shared opinions but I see some improvements.

BTW I play only offline and AI events.

Another Setting Thing is when you set your Audio to 5.1 Shitty PES won't set this as normal. It reverts to 7.1, no matter what you set.
The game always uses your Windows audio settings. The dropdown in settings.exe is just there so you can test your setup properly within this exe.

I understand what you mean, but I play just 3 games for now... today I was really busy so I do not have time to play a lot, I can't be sure they fix all that " $hit " . Will be great if you all tested and shared opinions but I see some improvements.

BTW I play only offline and AI events.
OK, I just play one half :D I don't have time for more but the game for me feels free and nice, even in some cases if I react and do fast the think the game feels fast too but I'm fine with that and I like that because that is link to my personal ability to think forward and react fast, the game does not pull or holding me back like was in 2.2.0... If you understand what I mean.

I'm not getting much fluidity or rhythm in my general gameplay. Glad it's been slowed down overall tho.

Passing feels extremely inconsistent & random. Some 50% charged passes barely roll a few metres, some short taps fire off like a bullet. Some receptions have players stop dead mid sprint, some have players charge onto the ball like a maniac. Some pass directions I'm seeing are just plain weird as well lol.

Actions & outcomes feel more like the result of a dice roll, rather than how I play. Not sure what's gonna happen from one pass to the next tbf. Bit annoying in the middle of some nice passing moves and a player just decides to receive the ball by stopping on a dime facing his own goal.

I think their work on 'unnatural body positions' in the patch notes has caused other issues.

Less fluid gameplay, more random staccato is what I'm getting so far in both passing and dribbling.

I don't like AI in this version, previous it was better. Now gameplay is too scripted. The game looks as if everything was "calculated" for kicking the ball from goal to goal, but only in specific and predetermined ways, it's hard to create some unconventional actions leading to a goal. This makes it boring, it was better before.

They're wasting a lot of league licenses tbh. Maybe the first half of 2023 will repair some of that
Why does every eFootball update on PS4 have to be over 40GB in size? It's not like they're changing that much stuff to begin with, and it isn't like that on any other device, only on PS4... I'm starting to think that it might be better to just start playing this on my phone, it's not like there's much of a difference afteral... I'm using a lot of my PS4 storage for something like this and I can't help but feel upset at myself, if this was the PES2022 that they promised, with graphics that took advantage of UE4 and then UE5, I'd excuse it, but this is a literal mobile application, which looks worse than PES2013, a 10 year old installment.

Also, Konami's misuse of the Brazilian League is inexcusable, Brazil is one of their main markets, one of the few where it rivaled FIFA in the last few years, Winning Eleven was a cultural phenomenon here and Konami actually have there important licenses for traditional Brazilian clubs, with full rosters, that EA doesn't have... and what do they do with it? A few special cards on Dream Team every once in a while... what a waste, I just want to play a Brazilian League with my dear Coritiba F.C. already, preferably with custom kits like I did in PES, I want to do the 3rd kit from 2021 justice... is that too much to ask, Konami?

I don't like AI in this version, previous it was better. Now gameplay is too scripted. The game looks as if everything was "calculated" for kicking the ball from goal to goal, but only in specific and predetermined ways, it's hard to create some unconventional actions leading to a goal. This makes it boring, it was better before.
Tbh i dont see or feel that 2.3 is much different than 2.2. It is more about refinement than anything else.

I play on pc with teams unlocked and enhanced graphic.

Why 95 ball control players have a touch of a donkey?
Players are still getting in a shock once getting a ball or losing a ball, attackers are still the best defenders, players are still faster than a pass, same old shenanigans. Dunno what you guys playing really. Maybe offline.
Yeah.

Offline pisses me off because theres nothing to do and the gameplay is geuinley pretty good. The dribbling has gone back to 1.0.0, new animations, common sense shielding and general solid gameplay all round and lovely in places. But nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Online? Meh, same old.....

Last edited:
OMG... I play 3 games it feels amazing ... I can't believe that they fix so much crap. In defense, now let's say make a tackle, 2X, the player reacts at the moment, before the update, and it takes ages for the player to execute the command. Even in most of cases before, you chase the player with the ball, you try to tackle, your player stops, scratches his buttcheeks, and two hours later tries to tackle the ball... was so frustrating...

Now when you lose the ball, your player no longer " freeze " in time and you can't move him likes happens most of time before... now you actually able to react :D

Now if I fail in defense is all on me, I feel like I have control now over what is happening, and now I can't shield the " air " anymore...

Dribbling is fixed too, now you are no longer stuck on horrible, and slow first touches or animations you can't brake, that screw-up hole momentum, and control of the player.

Look at Busquest here, the first touch> fackeshot > pass and run for positions, before the update that will take ages to be executed but on paper, he has really good ball control, and now you can feel it.

Maybe I need more games but... I'm surprised, it feels nice. On other hand, after playing horrible 2.2.0, now when I do not need to fight with the controller so much, I find the game easier :D
Yeah. Like i said the fact the game is good offline is what makes this game so annoying. Konami corporate have their cash cow model and do not care to release a proper product and only seem to be concerned on how many packs they can push out and how much people will pay for weekley legends and x5 versions of Messi & Neymar.

Online is never going to be the height of a realistic representation of football which Konami falsely have claimed this game to be. The truth is right now its lost its identity and is heading down the road of being a budget FTP FUT wannabe rather than stand on its own two legs.

I feel Konami corporate are so out of touch, they fail to comprehend how even just releasing a edit mode the same as it was for PES 2021 would bring so many more players in who could at least customize how their team looks or use option file to play with unlicenced kits, being able to play a league or cup with a group of mates would add to their playerbase and give clarity on the games supposed philosophy. But noooo.

NEW 100 OVR Messi available, NEW Legends, more esports blah blah.

YAWN!

Last edited:
Defending is even more of a joke now. Too simplified. No risk and reward for holding the shield and jockey button constantly at all as it dont get activated if there is no opposition around. HENCE IT IS AUTOMATIC. Making all kinds of interceptions with Messi surely makes sense.

It is an annoying shitfuckery still. Just lost a game because A, my defenders are phasing out B, pass target locking is ASS. Conceded ALL goals because of this.
Ofcourse i only could score 2 wonder goals while the opposition can score 4 dumbsterfire of goals like these easily.

The gameplay is embarrasing.

Back
Top Bottom