eFootball (All Platforms)

Efootball since 2.0 is sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.
1484075.jpg

Since September 2021, this entire game has been a summation of Coinami's own version of a midlife crisis. Loss of identity. No direction. Bad decisions upon bad decisions and lack of ambition. Yeah, they are making more money now with their shit mobile games, but it comes at a huge cost to their reputation.

This gif incapsulates everything about Coinami today. What was once a powerhouse in gaming now reduced to memes and shitty trading cards. Reminiscing about the past is all they have left.

I played efootball mobile today and really confusing what is the game really is? If you see the randomness as the controls are really getting perfect by updates , through ball and switching feels like I am playing it on manually first time in pc . Some animation are seen in the dead game suddenly. Online makes the game even more random . After version 2.1 control have improved a lot . Now we can break our phone in place of keyboard or can delete the game and surely we have to believe in Konami when they say very big is coming just before that big we will get the gem as we saw with pes 19, pes 2021 , efootball 23 version 2.1 . The inertia of players has increased a lot like they came after drinking..... They are just going out of the field . Collision will be more like fifa in future at this rate where players will fly just by hug. Lastly if they listened to the users and fix things properly then I think something will change .

In the last few days I've given eFootball a few matches with the national teams, before Konami inevitably takes them away now that the World Cup is over, because they're the worst at making their product appealing in the slightest. Overall it was frustrating, for both good and bad reasons. I've finally adapted to FUMA on eFootball and, while it's not as good as previous PES titles, because of the CPU sometimes mistaking who I want to pass to and choosing the wrong player by quite a lot, it still feels quite good to pass the ball around, which for a possession player is just the best.

On the pitch I had some genuinely good matches, and by the end of every single one I wanted to go for one more, which is a good sign, it made me consider getting the offline modes when/if they ever come out, depending on how much they charge, of course, they have to be reasonable, or else I'm not giving them a single penny. What was frustrating, on the pitch, is that a lot of potential feels wasted, this feels like just another FOX PES, which is good in a way, since FOX PES was always at least serviceable, but it's disappointing since it could've been a lot more, it should've been a lot more.

I'd say fouls are the main problem for me, they're still lacking, as they've been for a long time, if only there were more, if the AI was more aggressive on its tackling and made mistakes more often, resulting in free kicks and penalties, the realism would be downright impressive, as it is now almost all fouls are for the CPU, because I, unlike the AI, actually make mistakes when tackling. Overall the AI played in a varied manner, even on Regular difficulty, which I went for since Professional and Top Player are locked for no reason whatsoever, it was good to see and felt like a real football match.

Now, when it comes to off the pitch, they actually have so much going for them, which frustrates me because they're wasting so much potential. I mean, they have Messi, someone who just completed football a couple of days ago, as their main marketing man, and what do they do? Konami puts him in awful looking pajamas and sometimes releases a few special cards on Dream Team, what a waste. Also, eFootball is a good name I think, it sounds sophisticated and calls the sport by its real name, I know it reminds people of eSports, but having "e" stand for "Electronic" is a common naming convention, like in "eMail" and "eShop", the name itself is professional, it's Electronic Football, it sounds even more official than FIFA does. One more thing they're wasting is the UI, I like the direction, with rectangles and rounded corners, but the colors and fonts make everything an eye sore, if only the colors and fonts were more like PES 2011's UI, it'd look decent at the very least, maybe even good. One last thing no one seems to mention, but that matters a lot to me, is the OST, I quite like it, especially "Wild", "Everything's Electric", "Be Sweet", "Anti-Glory", "The Rhythm" and "3D Feelings", it feels like a PES OST.

When it comes to things that are off the pitch, but are actually on it, they're also dropping the ball severely, as usual. I mean, it's been over a year... where's the rain? Snow? Afternoon? It still feels bare bones, and both the turfs and lighting, which they had gotten so right in PES 2019, look so mediocre here, there's no excuse, these things aren't licensed, and there are people in the community who have been making mods for years that do these things well, why can't Konami hire someone who'll do it? Speaking of licenses, where's the editor? Again, it's been over a year already, Konami...

Where I'm trying to get at in this essay I'm writing is that, well, this had so much of what we'd expect from a PES installment, I know it might be blasphemy to even suggest that for some, but this feels like a spiritual successor to PES a lot of the time, it just fails to truly fulfill its potential in pretty much everything because Konami are a joke nowadays, but regardless of Konami being in charge, of the awful marketing and direction, it's clear that eFootball has talented people behind it that love this sport and want to make something good out of it, they just can't because their bosses are awful.

If only they made a sophisticated UI, a new visual identity and logo, realistic lighting and turfs, weather conditions, a referee strictness and/or CPU tackling aggressiveness setting, offline modes, a good use of Messi as their marketing man since he's arguably the best of all time, a yearly physical release with all offline modes included when/if they come out for a fair price, a rich editor like before, kept the good OST, etc... we'd have a worthy follow up of FOX PES, perhaps a worthy follow up of PS2 PES even, but Konami's in charge, so my expectations are low as always. What a shame.

That should be the content in the next 2.3.0 coming this Thursday

View attachment 193579
I honestly find this a lot more charming than a Bruno Fernandes Cup, where he stares at me in his seizure inducing eFootball pajamas that he was paid to wear. Santa Claus and his design on the other hand is timeless... if we get a special Dream Team card with Santa Claus as a player for completing this cup then sign me in, I'm in need of a new CMF to distribute passes/gifts on the pitch.

I'm somewhat out of touch regarding the latest eFootball news and announcements, was there any time frame given to us regarding the release of the DLC with all offline modes? I'm not even much of a ML/BAL fan, though I find them fun to play, most of my time in football video games is spent on League/Cup instead, I especially love to play a cup with group stages and a knockout round right after, that's football at its best to me, the emotion and stakes involved. I'm impressed that eFootball 2022 came out late September 2021... and here we are, still no offline modes. Again, I get them taking time to release ML/BAL, since they're more complex, though they're still taking way too long, but something like League/Cup and Friendly? A crucial element like the Editor? What's wrong with them? Why are these crucial features not out yet? All teams are already in the database, releasing those modes should take just a few weeks...

Also, I really hope than when/if the offline modes come out, they release a physical version with that DLC included, for the same price as the DLC, or slightly more expensive. I despise the digital and continuous model of F2P present here, when updating the squads recently there were some players I had on Dream Team, that I cared about, which were removed from the database... I simply lost my player because I went from eFootball 2022 to eFootball 2023. Oh, what's that? You want to play eFootball 2022 again? Well, tough luck, it doesn't exist anymore. I love having disks, with unchanging versions of the video game contained in it after the last update, because playing older football video games is almost like opening up a time capsule for how football was that season, the kits and squads from that time frame, it's special, like traveling back in time, losing that... still bothers me a lot, which is why I despise this model.

Attachments

• SeparateMassiveFowl-size_restricted.gif
    SeparateMassiveFowl-size_restricted.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
I'm somewhat out of touch regarding the latest eFootball news and announcements, was there any time frame given to us regarding the release of the DLC with all offline modes? I'm not even much of a ML/BAL fan, though I find them fun to play, most of my time in football video games is spent on League/Cup instead, I especially love to play a cup with group stages and a knockout round right after, that's football at its best to me, the emotion and stakes involved. I'm impressed that eFootball 2022 came out late September 2021... and here we are, still no offline modes. Again, I get them taking time to release ML/BAL, since they're more complex, though they're still taking way too long, but something like League/Cup and Friendly? A crucial element like the Editor? What's wrong with them? Why are these crucial features not out yet? All teams are already in the database, releasing those modes should take just a few weeks...

Also, I really hope than when/if the offline modes come out, they release a physical version with that DLC included, for the same price as the DLC, or slightly more expensive. I despise the digital and continuous model of F2P present here, when updating the squads recently there were some players I had on Dream Team, that I cared about, which were removed from the database... I simply lost my player because I went from eFootball 2022 to eFootball 2023. Oh, what's that? You want to play eFootball 2022 again? Well, tough luck, it doesn't exist anymore. I love having disks, with unchanging versions of the video game contained in it after the last update, because playing older football video games is almost like opening up a time capsule for how football was that season, the kits and squads from that time frame, it's special, like traveling back in time, losing that... still bothers me a lot, which is why I despise this model.
$$$

Gameplay has improved at least for this update. 2.3.0.

Shielding has completely changed hmm..... Its good now it actually takes common sense into account as they changed it to being semi automatic. It only triggers now when you hold L2 near a player rather than the weird bullshit where the player warps into a shield with nobody around him. opens up L2 manual to come back maybe in another build.

Last edited:
No new content. Skip.
And the gameplay is still the case of "who the fuck this pass is going to and why" most of the time. Tweaking stuff again which were not needed but not fixing anything. I imagine you can still abuse corners, there is advantage during pens, defense is still OP, etc etc

Last edited:
I don't know why they even bother to mention in their Patch Notes that they updated the Brazilian league, when you can't even play the teams. Funnily enough those licenses like Brazilian league are theoretically an advantage over Fifa since Fifa doesn't have the license for the teams, but instead of using this leverage it is still the same old, same old with them and all you get is some new cards with Brazilian players from the league.

Gameplay has improved at least for this update. 2.3.0.

Shielding has completely changed hmm..... Its good now it actually takes common sense into account as they changed it to being semi automatic. It only triggers now when you hold L2 near a player rather than the weird bullshit where the player warps into a shield with nobody around him. opens up L2 manual to come back maybe in another build.
OMG... I play 3 games it feels amazing ... I can't believe that they fix so much crap. In defense, now let's say make a tackle, 2X, the player reacts at the moment, before the update, and it takes ages for the player to execute the command. Even in most of cases before, you chase the player with the ball, you try to tackle, your player stops, scratches his buttcheeks, and two hours later tries to tackle the ball... was so frustrating...

Now when you lose the ball, your player no longer " freeze " in time and you can't move him likes happens most of time before... now you actually able to react :D

Now if I fail in defense is all on me, I feel like I have control now over what is happening, and now I can't shield the " air " anymore...

Dribbling is fixed too, now you are no longer stuck on horrible, and slow first touches or animations you can't brake, that screw-up hole momentum, and control of the player.

Look at Busquest here, the first touch> fackeshot > pass and run for positions, before the update that will take ages to be executed but on paper, he has really good ball control, and now you can feel it.

Maybe I need more games but... I'm surprised, it feels nice. On other hand, after playing horrible 2.2.0, now when I do not need to fight with the controller so much, I find the game easier :D

OMG... I play 3 games it feels amazing ... I can't believe that they fix so much crap. In defense, now let's say make a tackle, 2X, the player reacts at the moment, before the update, and it takes ages for the player to execute the command. Even in most of cases before, you chase the player with the ball, you try to tackle, your player stops, scratches his buttcheeks, and two hours later tries to tackle the ball... was so frustrating...

Now when you lose the ball, your player no longer " freeze " in time and you can't move him likes happens most of time before... now you actually able to react :D

Now if I fail in defense is all on me, I feel like I have control now over what is happening, and now I can't shield the " air " anymore...

Dribbling is fixed too, now you are no longer stuck on horrible, and slow first touches or animations you can't brake, that screw-up hole momentum, and control of the player.

Look at Busquest here, the first touch> fackeshot > pass and run for positions, before the update that will take ages to be executed but on paper, he has really good ball control, and now you can feel it.

Maybe I need more games but... I'm surprised, it feels nice. On other hand, after playing horrible 2.2.0, now when I do not need to fight with the controller so much, I find the game easier :D
Hello, what camera settings are you using in the videos? Thanks!

Same commentary, same animations, match cinematics, even gameplay start to looks like PES on Fox Engine. Because of that the game is boring, I've played too much PES games on FE. And even with that we don't have option to play offline leagues. I am loosing interest to even check this game in near future.

Back
Top Bottom