eFootball (All Platforms)

Target locking is utterly broken even more so after the latest patch. 8/10 you cant pass the ball to the player who you wanted to. The game is unplayable.
I agree I lose good chances to score because of this, and I think different formations and play styles affect the passing as well

Last edited:
I've given the World Cup a go and managed to go all of the way and win it. I played on Professional, which is where I usually like PES since the CPU still offers a challenge while still making mistakes and feeling more organic, FUMA, to make up for the lower difficulty setting and because I enjoy the feeling of it even if eFootball messed it up a little when it comes to understanding who the pass is supposed to go to while player switching, Brazil, because I'm Brazilian. Now, I'm not going to lie, despite a few problems, the way eFootball plays offline is in a decent place, it doesn't feel too different from a standard Fox Engine PES at all, which is good considering how it started... but disappointing when considering how long it took just to get closer to where we already were. I'm getting used to the game play screen, though the simplicity of tactics still bothers me, at least it's not lagging much anymore, and the UI in general is still an eye sore, just like the turfs, which haven't been good since PES2019, I'm serious even the turfs on Tokyo 2020 and Mario & Sonic: Tokyo 2020 look a lot better than this, and those are titles where football is just one of many sports, with a more simple and carefree take on the sport. Still... I had fun overall.

Now, the mode is still a joke. When it comes to atmosphere, there is none, all of the World Cup matches I've played felt like friendly matches with the very same animation being played every time when winning a match, that's all, there's less atmosphere here than the World Cup mode in all previous PES titles, and even then it wasn't anything special mostly. Also, it doesn't feel like an actual competition... no top goal scorers, top assists, groups with an actual story, no way to look at the other groups or how every team advanced... just nothing, you're playing on a vacuum, which makes the friendly feel even worse. One last thing, and a major one for me... you can't play local co-op. I really wanted to play this with my dad, we do it every World Cup, we replicate the groups in the latest PES we own and go for it, but here it's not a thing since it's still technically online for some reason, even though I'm playing against the AI. I'm genuinely upset since this is the one thing I was excited about in eFootball, but they've bottled it again. Winning Eleven 3: Final Ver. & Winning Eleven 2002 both did the World Cup justice, 1998 and 2002 respectively, and I could play them with my dad over 20 years ago... what's Konami's excuse for this?

This had better be a Christmas themed update, with the chance to play as a team of Santas against a team with reindeer heads
Kopanito anyone?

M4Apuqq.gif

l3GYqLV.gif

Hmmm i can see the future.

"This is the worst, Update 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 were better than this"

Then when update 2.4 is out

"This is the worst update, update 2.3 is better than this"

I think this is pretty much what's happened though.

They had their proper 1.0 where the game stopped being a total farce. And what theyve done since then is make it more rigid, more simplified.

So however awful you think efootball is...what you've rather sarcastically set out is pretty much the case in reality.

It's been a deeply flawed game throughout. But theyve gradually stripped out any new ideas with each patch since 1.0.

It's what happens with fifa too. Most people pretty much agree that the game worsens with each patch, especially after November. So they'd post what you've outlined.

Online gameplay is horrible because of the delay even with 5 bar connection.
I only play this game offline mainly because of the a.i and the match is more compact.

I see that more and more people understand that 2.2.0 is practically unplayable, Konami is ruining everything good in this game.

After every match I feel exhausted, especially fighting with the controller from the terrible player's response, which is because in most cases you have no control or you are locked in casual slow animations or heavy touches that do not correspond to the dynamics or action that is happening at the given moment and AI cheats on a higher difficulty, all this infuriates me and after one match in most cases, rage quit me, and all these torments are offline or AI events. I can't imagine what it's like to play this unresponsive mess online, and I don't understand the people who do it all the time.

Brilliant. No doubt we'll get some Christmas themed events uploaded at the end of January 😆 alongside some 'compensation' by way of a free 'chance deal', of course!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at a Konami board meeting.

Brilliant. No doubt we'll get some Christmas themed events uploaded at the end of January 😆 alongside some 'compensation' by way of a free 'chance deal', of course!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at a Konami board meeting.
Lol remember the fifa wc road to qatar asian licence, they have it bur for what? World cup is almost over

I feel that would be better suited for a secondary channel, but I guess it goes on the official channel because Konami has nothing else to put on the official main channel? lol

I won't say it isn't interesting (for instance in that video this group of lads is getting extra practice in and advice from my favorite North Korean striker, Chong Tae Se), I just feel it's a bit strange the sheer volume of videos dedicated to this and not the game itself. It almost feels like this is a youtube channel for a high quality soccer vlog and the actual eFootball content is more like sponsored content lol.

Always interesting to see the different marketing strategies employed for the same product in different regions. It's also telling how few videos there are on the game, in comparison, a very dedicated youtube series they've got going on.

Kopanito anyone?

M4Apuqq.gif

l3GYqLV.gif

That Kopanito game remembers me of this gem published some years ago and also few months ago releasing an Ultimate Edition on Steam. (no it's not FIFA :LOL:)

I mean, this pixel art generates more authenticity and content than eFootball (coz' besides "CaptainTsubasa/CityRiverRansom gameplay" also reflects some retro football personality in it): diversity of teams, stadiums, different weather, sand box modes, career mode... Right now it's the most positively acclaimed football game on steam, just solid and raw gameplay: no coins, no poker with ambassadors, and most importantly: no admin apology mail system implemented.

That Kopanito game remembers me of this gem published some years ago and also few months ago releasing an Ultimate Edition on Steam. (no it's not FIFA :LOL:)

I mean, this pixel art generates more authenticity and content than eFootball (coz' besides "CaptainTsubasa/CityRiverRansom gameplay" also reflects some retro football personality in it): diversity of teams, stadiums, different weather, sand box modes, career mode... Right now it's the most positively acclaimed football game on steam, just solid and raw gameplay: no coins, no poker with ambassadors, and most importantly: no admin apology mail system implemented.

Wow. This literally looks a billion times more fun than efootball, and I rather like efootball (though I havent touched it for a month).

The personality of this game, the graphics, the vitality...all of it.

I think I'll download it!

(I've just been thinking...that if this game had slightly more realistic ball physics, and teamshapes, that I'd love it, given how lifeless and bland fifa and pes have become. I'd play it all the time. Reminds me or the 'gameplay-first' games of my childhood.

Also reminds me of this electronic football game I had in the early 90's. It was 6 a side I think. And the players moved up and down the pitch according to knobs you had for each player. You could move them back and forth, and twist the knob to shoot or pass. It was live action, but had so much personality.

I know this pixel game is very arcade...but in one glimpse you've made me realise how dull and empty fifa and pes have become, how far they are from what a game should be. You may have cured me for life!!)

Last edited:
I feel that would be better suited for a secondary channel, but I guess it goes on the official channel because Konami has nothing else to put on the official main channel? lol

I won't say it isn't interesting (for instance in that video this group of lads is getting extra practice in and advice from my favorite North Korean striker, Chong Tae Se), I just feel it's a bit strange the sheer volume of videos dedicated to this and not the game itself. It almost feels like this is a youtube channel for a high quality soccer vlog and the actual eFootball content is more like sponsored content lol.

Always interesting to see the different marketing strategies employed for the same product in different regions. It's also telling how few videos there are on the game, in comparison, a very dedicated youtube series they've got going on.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look relevant! The lay person wouldn't associate the content with eFootball at all which, for the sake of the lads in the video, is maybe a good thing.

-----

I read someone on Twitter saying Konami/eFootball had deleted social media posts from earlier this year promising more offline content by 2023. Is that true? I haven't been paying enough attention to verify either way.

Back
Top Bottom