eFootball (All Platforms)

My point is: if you keep playing every day, their stats and data will show everything is fine:

Player retention will be good
Enough matches played per day
Etc.

You want the game to be fixed? Stop playing. Only then they will see people don't want the broken mechanics.

But complaining every day how broken the game is, while still playing, is just counterproductive.
If you think that most players here play in the same way and at the same amount of time as it was with the PES series... you are very wrong. Personally, I only log in to collect the crumbs that Konami throws, or play some AI event once or twice a week.

Many of my old PES friends no longer play, and I think Konami wants exactly that. For Konami, the sooner the old PES fans are gone, the better, because they know what it was, they have more demands, they are more vocal and critical, while the new generation of players did not know better, they don't know what is like to have full and complete football PES game, with all modes and fun stuff, they don't know what is to have a game without microtransactions and loot boxes.

Of course all games have flaws, @gabe.paul.logan , but there are games that have flaws and we still play them (my example - Dayz - full of bugs but I loved it) and eFootball, which from our, maybe wrong, perspective - dont give you any joy whatsoever. And thats baffling.

Another thing is - when you come in and have a strong critics, with some very good points, initially everyone will listen and respond. But if you keep repeating same thing over and over again - eventually your points are getting weaker and weaker until nobody is interested anymore. Especially when you only post screenshots of matches without any content/context.

Dont take it the wrong way - Im not a saint myself. I have some strong opinions about eFootball and Fifa myself. And I had to stop posting in those threads, coz I was becoming repetitive. I said what I wanted to say and there was no point of kicking the same dead horse.

We should try to keep a discussion going, a discussion that is leading somewhere. But not like this.

I have to vent somewhere!!!

I tried lots of different styles to, but when your on pa1 you cant do long crosses. And that killed it for me. I win more games but it felt like i was held back with passes. Did you noticed the home and away difference ?

I have to play on PA3 because i can put the ball in the empty pocket of spaces, true for low passes or crosses, through balls as well. Even broken as i explained earlier this still works for long ball counter because you can finish an attack in 3-5 passes. While when im playing with my tikitaka team i have like 10-20 passes before a shot.

Are the servers toast? Im having HEAVY slowdowns during tackles and chance, 4th game in a row. No matter the connectivity quality. OF course the opposition doesnt seem like experienced it...at all.. all these cheaters are so pathetic.

Last edited:
If you think that most players here play in the same way and at the same amount of time as it was with the PES series... you are very wrong. Personally, I only log in to collect the crumbs that Konami throws, or play some AI event once or twice a week.

Doesn't defeat my point of: if you want changes don't play at all.

Only with dwindling numbers changes can happen.

And if you think that only playing every couple of days or twice a week is enough to show them it is not.

The most important thing in Free2Play games next to the monetisation itself is retentionrate. And to have a good retention you need a player to at least log in once or twice per week and play a game. As long as they do that they are not considered a churned player, meaning you still count in their numbers and as a success story for them.

If a player logs in once or twice a week and if enough players do that, that gives you a nice retention rate of 20 percent which is what Free2Play companies long have considered the gold standard for their games to work.

So again you are helping Konamis case with that behaviour. Their numbers will tell them everything is going great since you at least play once or twice a week.

You want changes? Stop playing for a month or two and continue the criticism.

Konami needs a bad retention rate and a bigger player lapse to realize the model isn't working.

This means don't play events, don't log in every day for bonuses etc. All these mechanics are designed to keep you in the game and their numbers looking good, meaning at the same time, as long as you log in and play an event, they have no need to change anything, apparently it works well for them and as long as 2-10 percent of these players pay, all is good.

Doesn't defeat my point of: if you want changes don't play at all.

Only with dwindling numbers changes can happen.

And if you think that only playing every couple of days or twice a week is enough to show them it is not.

The most important thing in Free2Play games next to the monetisation itself is retentionrate. And to have a good retention you need a player to at least log in once or twice per week and play a game. As long as they do that they are not considered a churned player, meaning you still count in their numbers and as a success story for them.

If a player logs in once or twice a week and if enough players do that, that gives you a nice retention rate of 20 percent which is what Free2Play companies long have considered the gold standard for their games to work.

So again you are helping Konamis case with that behaviour. Their numbers will tell them everything is going great since you at least play once or twice a week.

You want changes? Stop playing for a month or two and continue the criticism.

Konami needs a bad retention rate and a bigger player lapse to realize the model isn't working.

This means don't play events, don't log in every day for bonuses etc. All these mechanics are designed to keep you in the game and their numbers looking good, meaning at the same time, as long as you log in and play an event, they have no need to change anything, apparently it works well for them and as long as 2-10 percent of these players pay, all is good.

Do you think that Konami gets together in a meeting, looks at the numbers, and says "Look, they play once twice per week, we can safely say that our F2P project is working and it's a success! Never mind that he didn't make any money from it." NO, Konami is losing from people like me. I don't spend even the coins and points that Konami gives me away.

Konami and F2P games need as many active people as possible, that's why it's a FREE game, they people who play at least 2-3 hours every day, to get hooked to get started open packs. Of course, they have tools to monitor your every move! How often you log in, how much you play, what you play, who you play with, and how much you spend. Even if you and I stop playing.. not even once a week. even if all 100 or 1000 ppl that are coming here every day stop playing this crap, it will change nothing because there are millions out there on the phones or consoles, as I say they don't know better and for them, all that is normal.

Last edited:
Do you think that Konami gets together in a meeting, looks at the numbers, and says "Look, they play once twice per week, we can safely say that our F2P project is working and it's a success! Never mind that he didn't make any money from it." NO, Konami is losing people like me. I don't spend even the coins and points that Konami gives me away.

Konami and F2P games need as many active people as possible, that's why it's a FREE game, they people who play at least 2-3 hours every day, to get hooked to get started open packs. Of course, they have tools to monitor your every move! How often you log in, how much you play, what you play, who you play with, and how much you spend. Even if you and I stop playing.. not even once a week. even if all 100 or 1000 ppl that are coming here every day stop playing this crap, it will change nothing because there are millions out there on the phones or consoles, as I say they don't know better and for them, all that is normal.
Having worked in the Free2Play industry for a couple of years:

Yes a retention rate of 20 percent and having players come back to the game once or twice per week is considered a success and will also be presented as such in review meetings, so yes they will say: "look most players are at least playing or logging in twice a week, this is a success." Why?

Every time you log in and play an event or collect a daily reward is the potential of you turning into a payer or having an offer that gets you because of FOMO.

Of course they need active players but they also need players who are potential active players and payers meaning players like you. Those who still log in and play an event and might be with the right event or offer that you are more active again or that at least you play 2 online matches when you login so you already are part of the pool of the players they need for this day.

And saying nothing changes if you or I or 1000s of players stop playing, is exactly the reason why they don't have to change anything. Why don't you try it out. Don't login for a month. Or are you feeling you are missing out on their giveaway tokens and so on? If that is the reason then yes they got you and yes their mechanics work.

If 1000 players would churn and if players who are unhappy with the gameplay would stop playing then yes it would raise eyebrows.

Like you say they look at data. I know many people always think Free2Play companies only look at payers and while yes paying players are important, they often are also the most likely to churn and leave after a month or two. That is why having a good retention rate is so important. Also you need the free players as opponents.

And yes if suddenly there is a drop in Daily Active or monthly active users in any Free2Play company there would be concern. And again I said Daily Active users and not Daily paying users.

Sadly most people will always find an excuse, especially when they got hooked to a daily login mechanic: "if I quit nothing will change, a million other players play and so on"

This is exactly why Login bonuses have been introduced, they make people comfortable and they make them think others will still login. That is literally why it is called Fear Of Missing Out.

So again if you want changes and this is coming from someone who has worked on Free2Play in the past: stop playing. Drop in user numbers always gets attention.

And by the way: the biggest misconception is that free2play games need users who play 3 hours a day. They don't, most Free2Play games on the market plan that a player has 1 to 3 sessions of 5 to 20 minutes game time per session in a day depending on the game. Which is also another reason why offers work for example. People think others must play for hours so they buy an offer. Which is why usually events in Efootball give you a reward after one or two games. Now you have to stop a session because of family or job. So you get FOMO, since you might not get all the rewards that others are getting from the events, who have more time than you. And this in the end might make it more likely that you buy one of their offers.

Maybe if I have time someday I write down all the mechanics Efootball uses and what they target with each, if there is interest.

Last edited:
Holy Cow... I just ask AI to write me a short critical story, about how Konami betrayed PES fans ... I'm shocked.. well it's not shocking that it has better English then me but.. SHUT UP...
how does IT know all that?

Pro Evolution Soccer, or PES, has been a beloved soccer video game series since its inception in 2001. Players have enjoyed the realistic gameplay and immersive experience that PES provided. However, in recent years, it seems that the developer, Konami, has put the series on the backburner in favor of its mobile game, eFootball.

But why did Konami make this decision? It seems that their ultimate goal was to emulate the success of eFootball Mobile on all platforms. To do this, they needed to popularize the game and gain a large player base. So, they used PES as a means to attract players to eFootball, releasing teasers and press releases claiming that they were working on new PES games. But in reality, they were focusing their efforts on eFootball all along.

This left many PES fans feeling betrayed and abandoned. They had been waiting for updates and new releases, only to be left in the dark. And now, with eFootball's success, Konami seems to be distancing itself from the PES series and moving on to new things.

But PES fans deserve better. They have been with the series for years and know its history. They are not willing to accept the current state of affairs and are demanding more from Konami. It's time for the company to listen to its dedicated fans and give them the PES experience they have been waiting for, one that is worthy of the series' legacy.

I really dont understand your posts.
Most of the time you post match stats its literally a match that could go either way.
What are you trying to tell people here?
That you feel cheated? That the game is shite?
What is the point of your posts?
And more importantly - why the fuck are you playing it constantly if its such a misery for you?
I also don’t get this. I have shit games sometimes, really unfortunate, and that’s all, it’s a game in the end of the day.

But that happens in every game, eFootball 23, PES 21, older PES, even PS2 PES games… I play them every now and then, and I enjoy them. all.

Having worked in the Free2Play industry for a couple of years:

Yes a retention rate of 20 percent and having players come back to the game once or twice per week is considered a success and will also be presented as such in review meetings, so yes they will say: "look most players are at least playing or logging in twice a week, this is a success." Why?

Every time you log in and play an event or collect a daily reward is the potential of you turning into a payer or having an offer that gets you because of FOMO.

Of course they need active players but they also need players who are potential active players and payers meaning players like you. Those who still log in and play an event and might be with the right event or offer that you are more active again or that at least you play 2 online matches when you login so you already are part of the pool of the players they need for this day.

And saying nothing changes if you or I or 1000s of players stop playing, is exactly the reason why they don't have to change anything. Why don't you try it out. Don't login for a month. Or are you feeling you are missing out on their giveaway tokens and so on? If that is the reason then yes they got you and yes their mechanics work.

If 1000 players would churn and if players who are unhappy with the gameplay would stop playing then yes it would raise eyebrows.

Like you say they look at data. I know many people always think Free2Play companies only look at payers and while yes paying players are important, they often are also the most likely to churn and leave after a month or two. That is why having a good retention rate is so important. Also you need the free players as opponents.

And yes if suddenly there is a drop in Daily Active or monthly active users in any Free2Play company there would be concern. And again I said Daily Active users and not Daily paying users.

Sadly most people will always find an excuse, especially when they got hooked to a daily login mechanic: "if I quit nothing will change, a million other players play and so on"

This is exactly why Login bonuses have been introduced, they make people comfortable and they make them think others will still login. That is literally why it is called Fear Of Missing Out.

So again if you want changes and this is coming from someone who has worked on Free2Play in the past: stop playing. Drop in user numbers always gets attention.

And by the way: the biggest misconception is that free2play games need users who play 3 hours a day. They don't, most Free2Play games on the market plan that a player has 1 to 3 sessions of 5 to 20 minutes game time per session in a day depending on the game. Which is also another reason why offers work for example. People think others must play for hours so they buy an offer. Which is why usually events in Efootball give you a reward after one or two games. Now you have to stop a session because of family or job. So you get FOMO, since you might not get all the rewards that others are getting from the events, who have more time than you. And this in the end might make it more likely that you buy one of their offers.

Maybe if I have time someday I write down all the mechanics Efootball uses and what they target with each, if there is interest.
I want more explanation about this. These days I saw in EA's report "the most important thing is the hours and time that players will spend with our games". Which makes a lot of sense with your explanation.

What is curious is that KONAMI does not reveal the number of active users in eFootball, they only talk about the number of downloads.

I want more explanation about this. These days I saw in EA's report "the most important thing is the hours and time that players will spend with our games". Which makes a lot of sense with your explanation.

What is curious is that KONAMI does not reveal the number of active users in eFootball, they only talk about the number of downloads.
Because there's probably 1000s who have downloaded then either deleted or its sat idle on their hard drive whilst they wait for the game to be finished or at least playable for single player

They already ditched about 90% of the content so (what I would guess is) the least used shooting method falling between the cracks is hardly a surprise.

I actually didn't know that last bit. Makes sense in that regard then. Cheers.

To add to that, I guess it kinda makes sense since advanced was a bit wonky in 2021 tbh. May as well just ditch it entirely. A shame as it was my preferred one.

Last edited:
I wish it was just trolling, but this game has no start to PES and this is a rather popular opinion, so pulling individual elements of the game, when it is underdeveloped from scratch, is pointless.

My big problem is that i don't want only a football game, but a PES. And that's impossible.
For many reason (editing, physicality respected etc, some weird thing we complaints but we deal with it)

I'm replaying all old school games and that was something.
I would like a FIFA typed 14 but to me, the best "modern gen" console series of let's say 3 years was made by Konami. Without counting the appreciable PES 2017.
So PES got a lot of personality in comparison to others games : especially regarding indiviuals and ball physics which makes me fall in love with that game.

"I feel to play like Zidane. Like Del Piero. Hard as Roy Keane. I need to think and follow football logic"... That's how i discovered the game, it was the first Iss Pro Evo on PS1. Way before the ID stuffs i didn't even noticed to be honest on PES 13 : yes some players got their own animations but it stop there and doesn't affect anything.

3 choices to me about the future, i just can't stand the other side actually but it's not the thread : even in the current state EF get closer in terms of physicality logic than every football games we see until know (4 games in total) but it's just a no. I was the first to say "i don't care about presentation" but when you can almost differences stats and everything is full of shitty colors looking like a simulation of LSD... I'm already on my nerve just by launching the game. I put it in a spoiler as the rest of the post is a Free DLC / too long if it was already in the post

1st Choice : a new PES or Winning Eleven (as they put a copyright on Winning Eleven... For what reason i got no idea)
But i can't see something else than a new director old PES fan buying Konami (i don't care if it's a billionaire from Qatar or Saudi Arabia)

2nd Choice : less easier : Another company which will makes a PES-Like, and not a FIFA like. Well even if it's not my type of football games, needs to feedback that there's too much aerial ball in everyting, is Active football. Seems a bit inspired by PES 2011-13, or even from scratch. I will brought it every year but i'm supposing it will never be a balanced and logic in terms of physics game > more offensive oriented and spectacular things.

3rd Choice: same as the first more or less, a company with more money (except EA or Capcom for X reason) who brought the guys for the PES company, and gives them a hand and freedom. I don't know your but i feel like how forced those people are to create a game which doesn't follow what they want really. I would be lazy too at work i'm on a project i got no interest for.

Now, if there's no choice : Oldschool PES, some Fifa, + Active Football every years. But i pretty sure one day i'll be bored, Classics PS2 games yes but i already feel after playing some kind of repetitiveness (less in PES 2008 as the ball physics is pretty unpredictabe, but ftm i'm on PES5 and i start to feel that : repetitive actions/goals, situations etc.)

Well @TheWolf it was some kind of, let's say, simply "dream, but doable even if 0.0001%".

There's people not especially like us but which hate Efootball and want PES back. Plenty. But they Konami's just don't care. Probably their project is doing better than we think in reality.
And it's sad for us and for every long or short time fans like us. In my head it was a bit like "Someone NEEDS to do it! They can't let it happen!"...

But in reality and objectively nothing hurry, people yell at the game but continue to play it, and it's not that the game is completely awful to me, but just to start a match, that Casino-LSD-Teletubbies atmosphere make me puke. I don't even care if they create a mode or an ML (hahaha like if), or if the game became super good, i don't care. Just can't stand at all were "i am" an "got to do" in the game. It's just remind me the old lies commercial from the 80-90's : a parody.

Well @TheWolf it was some kind of, let's say, simply "dream, but doable even if 0.0001%".

There's people not especially like us but which hate Efootball and want PES back. Plenty. But they Konami's just don't care. Probably their project is doing better than we think in reality.
And it's sad for us and for every long or short time fans like us. In my head it was a bit like "Someone NEEDS to do it! They can't let it happen!"...

But in reality and objectively nothing hurry, people yell at the game but continue to play it, and it's not that the game is completely awful to me, but just to start a match, that Casino-LSD-Teletubbies atmosphere make me puke. I don't even care if they create a mode or an ML (hahaha like if), or if the game became super good, i don't care. Just can't stand at all were "i am" an "got to do" in the game. It's just remind me the old lies commercial from the 80-90's : a parody.
The PES community is getting very toxic insulting developers and vendors.
They are even leaving death messages.
Efootball is a long term project, Master League and other modes are not important due to the model it has, which is an FTP (LOL, Dota 2, Warzone, Fortnite and many more do not have offline modes and they do very well)
In conclusion, gouging your eyes out for a game like Efootball is a waste of time, if you don't enjoy it for its gameplay or other things, don't play it.
You have more than 20 years of deliveries of the PES Saga and if you want with the current teams and signings you can put mods to 2021
There are many people who have fun with Efootball and no one has the right to tell them: "The past was better so don't play the game so that Konami realizes his mistake"

Back
Top Bottom