eFootball (All Platforms)

After hearing more positives than negatives ended up buying pes2021 cos i badly needed a football fix, can anyone recommend me a top quality option file for the ps5.

Coinami couldn't wait to tell the entire world that they are currently developing a remake of Silent Hill 2 which is a year away from release. They released a trailer, gameplay footage, and even offered some details about the game itself. They even gave the rights to another dev team. PC requirements are set to be very demanding for SH 2 remake. Compare and contrast that to this and you'll see just how much they care about the SH franchise and how little they do with PES/Efootball.

With Efootball in it's second year, the game is drier than an old lady's fart. It's magic the gathering for football. It's not a football game in the traditional sense. Still no roadmap, and no word from anyone affiliated with Coinami on what's going on with Efootball. But hey, lets make up more excuses for their laziness, and kiss their nice and shiny corporate ass. If you tongue their bunghole long enough, they'll probably give you 800,000 GP through their apology simulator. Maybe throw in a chance deal for working the tongue through the anal cavity like a pro.

Last edited:
The PES community is getting very toxic insulting developers and vendors.
They are even leaving death messages.
Efootball is a long term project, Master League and other modes are not important due to the model it has, which is an FTP (LOL, Dota 2, Warzone, Fortnite and many more do not have offline modes and they do very well)
In conclusion, gouging your eyes out for a game like Efootball is a waste of time, if you don't enjoy it for its gameplay or other things, don't play it.
You have more than 20 years of deliveries of the PES Saga and if you want with the current teams and signings you can put mods to 2021
There are many people who have fun with Efootball and no one has the right to tell them: "The past was better so don't play the game so that Konami realizes his mistake"
Everybody has an opinion and everybody has the right to express it, whether you disagree with it or not. And given you are clearly in the minority on these forums, perhaps you better learn to be more open-minded on why the ratio is not in your favor.

Everybody has an opinion and everybody has the right to express it, whether you disagree with it or not. And given you are clearly in the minority on these forums, perhaps you better learn to be more open-minded on why the ratio is not in your favor.
I think both sides need to keep an open mind and not attack each other, which is not always easy when you are frustrated.

So while I personally don't understand efootballs direction and don't like their monetisation and how they handle the franchise, if someone enjoys it, who am I to tell that person not to enjoy it? In the end if they are having fun it is great for them, even though I am still disappointed I can't play a new version of the PES I always liked. So yeah I will still be critical ofthe game but I do think as a community we need to be open also to people who enjoy it.

I do think though sometimes people go overboard when they insult developers, community managers and so on. In the end it is people doing their jobs, also having a private life and all. So I think these things definitely are sometimes overboard and would wish as a community these things are toned down, since for me at least it doesn't fit the goal we all should have: to have fun and enjoy good football games.

I think both sides need to keep an open mind and not attack each other, which is not always easy when you are frustrated.

So while I personally don't understand efootballs direction and don't like their monetisation and how they handle the franchise, if someone enjoys it, who am I to tell that person not to enjoy it? In the end if they are having fun it is great for them, even though I am still disappointed I can't play a new version of the PES I always liked. So yeah I will still be critical ofthe game but I do think as a community we need to be open also to people who enjoy it.

I do think though sometimes people go overboard when they insult developers, community managers and so on. In the end it is people doing their jobs, also having a private life and all. So I think these things definitely are sometimes overboard and would wish as a community these things are toned down, since for me at least it doesn't fit the goal we all should have: to have fun and enjoy good football games.

I would normally agree with this but unfortunately in life some things are objectively bad and efootball is one of them.

Konami aren't the only ones doing this in the gaming industry but the real aim of this game is to get users addicted to gambling on packs.

Addiction is a literal disease and any of us who can see what is happening have a duty to speak out on this whenever possible.

Not to mention they are aiming this stuff at kids, at fucking kids! This goes far deeper than just not enjoying a game.

We detractors are the ones warning others of the wolf in sheeps clothing that is efootball and every negative post is a public service.

We detractors are the ones warning others of the wolf in sheeps clothing that is efootball and every negative post is a public service
Problem is that some part of the negative feedback, like the death threats, are from addicted morons and are not aimed to improve the game, but to give them more packs and faster Messis.
If we really want to fight addiction - we should be reporting them to a crowd that deals with that sort of thing. Or local politicians.
If we got online gambling in games banned, like some countries did - rest would follow. They would have to put some effort and come up with some content, coz their milking mechanism would crumble.

When it comes to other type of negative feeback and "attacking" Konami crowd, including community managers- Im torn.

On one hand - they are just doing their job. There is a fine line between telling them that the game is shite and outright bullying. And I really dont like that.

On the other hand - I feel like they deserve every bit of it. Their constant lies over the years, of which we had countless amount of proof, has led to it.
They werent just doing their job. They were intentionally misleading people. There was false advertising and straight out lies. And if anyone called them out on it - they were labelled toxic. Because they loved to divide and conquer.
Its partially coz of them Evo-Web has been labelled toxic and evil place.

When it comes to other type of negative feeback and "attacking" Konami crowd, including community managers- Im torn

Abuse is never okay and I agree a lot of it is from frustrated addicts who aren't getting their dopamine hit from the game for whatever reason.

That's not who I'm referring to in my post, I view that sort of critique as totally irrelevant.

I'm talking about the adults who see it for what it is and as a result don't play it (the sensible choice) and also warn others of the shady practices going on.

Hope that clarifies my point.

On the other hand - I feel like they deserve every bit of it. Their constant lies over the years, of which we had countless amount of proof, has led to it.
They werent just doing their job. They were intentionally misleading people. There was false advertising and straight out lies. And if anyone called them out on it
As far as I understand it Bhatti was instrumental in introducing the myclub model to PES so he deserves calling out for it but certainly not death threats or harassment.

And it's not like he's some evil genius he just looked at FIFA making billions and put together a knock off FUT.

In terms of what he was brought in to do (make money) he's been very successful so can't knock the guy for that but would have been nice if he could have done it without all the deceit.

I'm talking about the adults who see it for what it is and as a result don't play it (the sensible choice) and also warn others of the shady practices going on.
Oh yeah, I know what you meant.
What I was trying to say is that our feedback is only a part of the feedback online and if you look at eFootball and community managers posts and all the replies- its difficult to distinguish our feedback from all the rest.
Apologies, I just woke up after nightshift and I have a lot of brain shortcuts that dont necessarily makes much sense.

I'm sorry for the modders and the heart they put into the series, which has now given them the middle finger. Everyone knew that the free work of modders indirectly brought profits to this greedy company, which saved on licenses and did it for them. For years it was an acceptable arrangement, because we were getting good games that we spent a lot of time on. Now they have shown gratitude to the community by giving them the middle finger when they are no longer needed for anything, because they make money on other things. Unofficial licenses for years allowed the series to stay and earn money, because only the biggest fans did not have a problem with their lack and there are many who would not buy the game if not for the possibility of uploading them.

Such e-shit years to live on and such big shame on all those "next-gen" opportunities wasted. But thanks to that, I was indirectly "pushed" to explore more the EvoWeb surface and really enjoying my time with the collection of classic PES patches like never before. For example, tonight I'm experiencing again the '99 season in PES 6 with Fiorentina micromanaging my team strategically and tactically like in the old school days. (already feeling a nostalgic deja-vu and a blast in the C.L. group stage with Toldo, Repka, Heinrich, Rui Costa, Amoroso, Batistuta, vs. teams like Man. U. , Valencia or Girondins de Bordeaux).

Nowadays I have even less time than before to play video games, so for that reason I choose to spend my time wisely on what really matters...

I'm sorry for the modders and the heart they put into the series, which has now given them the middle finger.
I wouldn't necessarily feel sorry for modders. There's still fun to have with older games. Modding community is very much alive with PES 2021 and 2017 and also with old-gens, like PES5/PES6. With PES 2021 we were able to create pretty amazing and also quite sophisticated patches. Arguably, PES modding reached its peak with that version of the game, in terms of what was possible and the quality of work.

But, yes, with eFootball... it's like "what's the point?" Yeah, we could figure everything out again (there's a certain charm in starting from scratch, and also a new tech and hybrid game engine to dig into) ... but in the end, if all you've got is a friendly match, then that gets old very quickly.

Why there is still advantage given on penalties? Why a contact after a shot is a foul? Why Konami invents new rules? Why passing target locking is still broken? Why CPU still pushes the more stacked team to win with cheats even if that player clearly cant play?

Decent update.

Why there is still advantage given on penalties? Why a contact after a shot is a foul? Why Konami invents new rules? Why passing target locking is still broken? Why CPU still pushes the more stacked team to win with cheats even if that player clearly cant play?

Decent update.
As TTB said in his video, it's a tiny update. Maybe the next .x update will have more chance to improve such things (but I doubt it, hence why the game isn't on my console anymore)

Remember that some people aren't on PC. So mods, new faces... Impossible.

And manually to update the full database + create teams + structure them may takes more than 6-10 months. When it's too late so.
There's kits so. Teams disappearing (Chievo) and mini-faces. Tons of new presets for Efootball impossible to import. Tons of preset PES impossible to reset.

Personally : if i edit the game, i think to stick on that 21 season or maximum 21-22. Too much changes and new important players with presets on 22-23 season.
That's also one reason i wanted a "PES" firstly : when i see dribbling in EF, i'm envious. It's free. So yes there's room to improve, and graphically too. But i will be statisfied by just a Season Update each year. I ain't a PC gamer, i hate gameplay mods aswell as you need much more people involved to update or competely revamp the database.

So even PC, patchs from this gen are never really finished. Yes it may sound childish but i liked to have 1 season > 1 game... No the talk is about the 2.32 version vs 2.41 version etc., sincerely it's the first time for a sports game and to me it's a big failure...
Football is history, but well "football" is only the devs interest.

And for PS4-5-One owner if you're very on data like me, try the best you can, and you will got to choose about OR recopying MLS/USL or MX/MLS, or recreating others teams from scratch... Or put fictive players decreased with another nationilities not in game (for not being selected : it's the case to see NT with plenty of fakes players selected when you start and ML from scratch, which it's rubbish..) so why not : there's in ML and FIFA.

Now, if you don't care, you will get a very shitty database on Master league is to correct those players first.

Then, if just want big transfers like @Emroth, do it, and don't create anything.
That's the "quick" method if you don't play as i won't play at all an ML in South America, but starting in Belgium or Scotland... Well not that soon.
For a long time it will be League mode / or forever that mode / with edited teams.

I took a look at patchs and the quality is... Well i prefers the unchanged fakes teams with fakes modded players, than real players with zero logic in stats and appearance or even age : as long as the kits are there, free or not, it's pretty bad and there's no involvement like it was between 2003-2015.

Last edited:
Such e-shit years to live on and such big shame on all those "next-gen" opportunities wasted. But thanks to that, I was indirectly "pushed" to explore more the EvoWeb surface and really enjoying my time with the collection of classic PES patches like never before. For example, tonight I'm experiencing again the '99 season in PES 6 with Fiorentina micromanaging my team strategically and tactically like in the old school days. (already feeling a nostalgic deja-vu and a blast in the C.L. group stage with Toldo, Repka, Heinrich, Rui Costa, Amoroso, Batistuta, vs. teams like Man. U. , Valencia or Girondins de Bordeaux).

Nowadays I have even less time than before to play video games, so for that reason I choose to spend my time wisely on what really matters...
One last thing : we all dreamed about a next-gen football experience and @TheWolf is more or less right (just the dribbling from EFootball type on PES 2021 and a bit more in game Edit possibility to me and it should be paradise on earth / FIFA 16 is okay but i ain't a big fan).

Right now i'm playing since almost 2 years, not everyday but enough, old versions. And i've made my choice about games to keep/continue to play and the other to play once a year for a test let's say.

And believe me, even from the "almighty" PES 5, it will bores you because playing the same game with less variations (and lesser, lesser the more you will play), made for a yearly release normally, will become quickly boring. "Quickly", i talk in years as for some it's a new game. And as the others are very similar...
And that's what i fear : i got a poker face when i play some older game... PES 5 in particular. Well you're not me, but i think i'm a bit crazy about stuffs lol, but normal person regarding simple things > and i predict you will once get bored, depends your patience or something else from your temper.

So, what i try to say, is that PES 2021 or Fifa 16 for the fans will finish to be "annoying", even those who started with it. Yes, it's closer, but i see better things in others games like i said with EF dribbling mecanics with the R2 pretty sensitive and some animations. Give us a Season update with a "standard" UI, some small improvement like dribbling, animations, AI i got no idea if it's placebo /that's all/ and then yes that game would be more than a yearly game from my eyes. Certaintly don't want at all something like Hypemotion, i don't wan't players turning in every sense like fly and doing inhuman stuff for the sake of having 10000 animations. Good animations with a right tempo regarding physics is all we need for having enough variety, but based on human movements and not an IA creating animations transitions.

About Free Kicks post above, i disagree.
Not off thread but i explain something less interesting (a bit of time travel in fast forward from the very beginning) i'd like better to spoil. The subject is not something that i wanted to relativise as i got zero issue with it but well.

I accept to call it "super easier" was a line with awful points, but now back to the old system it's not more easy than in the famous Golden Era. Still an Action-Football game for the 1000th time. Then i found the balance okay, when with the 2014-2017 system it was really, really too easy.
I remember scoring one FK every 3 try almost... It's just that when you found the system YES it's became easy.

Still didn't found the system in PES 21 as i perhaps scored 6 or 7 maximum in a year lol. The reason is because before i feeled it or found the right bar, so in comparison to the past i'm lost.
You got the "feeling" or not i believe, like for PES 3-6. I feeled the timing/tempo (wall position, keepers... Simply your good moment when you're ready)...
Then even my brain muscle was used to it as it was +- the same since PES 1, not anymore. The thing as it was instinctive, like it's the case for tons of sportive.

Not spectacular to score in neither of those versions, and whatever it's common IRL and better than zero FK by games like i don't remember which version (or on Fifa)

Others note:
Some plays with the same system of Free Kicks since PES 2020 : it's normal that you got more easy. But i truely believe it's harder than before because yes, it was too easy with some training and game after game but since the first PS1 not even Evolution version. The calibration changed from a game to another, not the system (PES 20-21 have the same command but not the same impact/feeling/system)
Whatever it' easier or not, i tend to prefers the direct shoot after you pushed the button to strike a free kick, without "wait, the player will shoot... Suspens"

Last edited:
After hearing more positives than negatives ended up buying pes2021 cos i badly needed a football fix, can anyone recommend me a top quality option file for the ps5.
You could try the PESUnites OF v10 if you're after the original season: https://www.pesteam.it/forum/threads/pesunites-of-v10-pes-2021-ps4-ps5-definitive-edition.39853/

Other than that... If you'd like something updated to the current season, I'd say you could try Kimi85 & Flat 82's file: https://www.pesteam.it/forum/threads/pes-21-kimi85-flat82-v1-fo-season-22-23-download.41622/ (it also features a World Cup update which I believe you should apply "over" this OF, you can find it here).

@*aLe About Original Season from PES 2021, that's probably what i'm aiming for... But with improved stats and corrections regarding errors in game.

One thing:
I compared the PESUNITES 10 with my option file (i was under Pesuniverse but except kits : and Bundes stats : the rest is mine)
The issue is that i released wayyy to late, 6 july and he made 15 years to release it, since i don't talk with them as it's not the first time they fuck up the original OF with amateur creations and transfers during the summer period.

And no contest the version i own is more worked on every part (faces and stats especially, and transfers overall). J-League got Konami's stats, every teams created got their own tactics. I worked 5 months on it. Just 3 things : Libertadores wasn't up to date for some club (PESUNITES even less) and AFC neither...

My goal was homogeneity regarding stats balance. But alone, with countless teams, + Others Euro (transfers too face+stats)... It really because it was Covid otherwhise i would never ever did this alone. I did it for me.

I even remade the NT fakes faces lol. Will upload the version but i ain't sure if that the good one.
But i didn't got time to finish to replace every removed players visible in ML, well it's not a big deal. It's a matter of 20 players fakes in the whole data.
.... Well saying that : if there was a PES 2023, i would have joined PESUNITES, the guys are way more cool and i wouldn't be alone... Since me and Huigoman left (we were trapped by fake promise) i don't even know what their OF looks like lol. They're a teams of kitsmakers in fact, not squad builders.

I checked about Kimi it's not bad at all : he just need help as there's way too much league for one, two or three people to restore it. But if i'm doing it one day : it will be by myself based on EF calculation > converted to PES 2021.

Here's the link ("personnal" means that i changed some stuffs, like the Pesuniverse logos for competitions or kits for Classics ;) )
Original Season.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5g1jmkbvod1ugio/Full_V7_personnal.rar/file

Try all of them, and then you'll see what's seems the better for you. I just explained in detail with some forgot (lots of corrections as an example) all i/we did with Huigoman :)
Regarding facemaking especially on Bundesliga, i was told/from people/ than it was the best Bundes never created as a complete package face and stats. Well i prefers to say "one which got the more attention" lol

EDIT / Sorry for the multiple O.T., i through i was in PES 2021 thread on some post, my bad.

Last edited:
The PES community is getting very toxic insulting developers and vendors.
They are even leaving death messages.
Efootball is a long term project, Master League and other modes are not important due to the model it has, which is an FTP (LOL, Dota 2, Warzone, Fortnite and many more do not have offline modes and they do very well)
In conclusion, gouging your eyes out for a game like Efootball is a waste of time, if you don't enjoy it for its gameplay or other things, don't play it.
You have more than 20 years of deliveries of the PES Saga and if you want with the current teams and signings you can put mods to 2021
There are many people who have fun with Efootball and no one has the right to tell them: "The past was better so don't play the game so that Konami realizes his mistake"
Yes, this is a forum and in general, everyone can express their opinion, no matter how stupid it is, but they can do it. However, this does not mean that everyone will agree or that you are free of consequences if you have a stupid opinion, even maybe what I'm doing right now might seem stupid to someone but...

First, if you are even slightly familiar with the history of the PES/WE/ISS series and the community, it wouldn't even cross your mind to compare the game to modes or Live Services like Fortnight, LOL mostly is WOW, Warzone (for fak seak.. even WarZone 2 is so so so so much different game compere with WarZone 1), which were built from the ground up on that essence and have not been or promised to be anything more than what they are right now, They have built their entire fan base and popularity on that content. You understand that this does not apply to eFootball. efootball is a corps from butchert and gutted PES game which is made to be FTP .

PES/WE/ISS fans have been through a lot over the years and what has happened to one of their favorite hobby games in the last 2-3 years has put them in a difficult and painful position, but to claim that they are toxic and threatening PES Developers with "death messages" is absurd... of course from a million people. there is some freak who will find a way to write something to someone but saying that the general PES community is toxic... talk again about your incompetence and ignorance. Even if we exclude the fact that most Harcoder fans are people between 30-40 years old and maybe even more, people who have far outgrown their extreme emotions, people who already have their own children, families will not sit down and flood a game producer in japan with death... Again, I'm not saying it can't happen.. every industry and every field has its crazy fans, but that doesn't generalize everyone... that's toxic thinking. Yes, we can gather in a forum like this, and express our displeasure, with some sharp words, some jokes, or Memes, but we have the right to that and we will never cross this extreme.

So that I don't generalize things, this is MY opinion... now the community can say "no no... we are quite toxic". But I'm sick and tired these days of every fan of every industry branding thems as "Toxic" for having the audacity to criticize a product..even though that product is shit. This applies to modern movies, games, and TV Shows. 90% of them are absolute garbage but no.. the problem is the fans... I know this is off-topic but... whatever.

Back to eFootball, the problem is not that there are no offline modes.. but that there is no content... the offline modes are only a small part of what is missing, there are no online modes that people loved like co-op or 11 vs 11. Let me remind you again that eFootball uses PES fans and PES games for promotion! If they weren't there and with the start they had... eFootball wouldn't exist.

Yes, everyone knows that it's easier to have a built fan base and foundation instead of building everything from scratch. That's why Konami lied to the fans just to keep them until the eFootball machine started and now they want to get rid of them because they have too many claims and demands...You say that "Efootball is a long-term project" is obvious because at this rate, for 3 years, 3 seasons there is nothing new except recycling an Event formula, changing only the thumbnails in the menus, and nothing else. At this rate, it should be decades before they add anything different. All they're doing right now is exploiting the few people on the hook with manipulative practices. Apparently, it's working for the moment, even now for 3 seasons they don't even change the colors or the terrible menus and UI that they know no one likes, but they don't even want to bother to improve them because they still somehow make money, with a minimum of effort and people.

Guarantee many of the things I want to say I will not be able describe as I want because my English is not good.

Last edited:
One last thing : we all dreamed about a next-gen football experience and @TheWolf is more or less right (just the dribbling from EFootball type on PES 2021 and a bit more in game Edit possibility to me and it should be paradise on earth / FIFA 16 is okay but i ain't a big fan).

Right now i'm playing since almost 2 years, not everyday but enough, old versions. And i've made my choice about games to keep/continue to play and the other to play once a year for a test let's say.

And believe me, even from the "almighty" PES 5, it will bores you because playing the same game with less variations (and lesser, lesser the more you will play), made for a yearly release normally, will become quickly boring. "Quickly", i talk in years as for some it's a new game. And as the others are very similar...
And that's what i fear : i got a poker face when i play some older game... PES 5 in particular. Well you're not me, but i think i'm a bit crazy about stuffs lol, but normal person regarding simple things > and i predict you will once get bored, depends your patience or something else from your temper.

So, what i try to say, is that PES 2021 or Fifa 16 for the fans will finish to be "annoying", even those who started with it. Yes, it's closer, but i see better things in others games like i said with EF dribbling mecanics with the R2 pretty sensitive and some animations. Give us a Season update with a "standard" UI, some small improvement like dribbling, animations, AI i got no idea if it's placebo /that's all/ and then yes that game would be more than a yearly game from my eyes. Certaintly don't want at all something like Hypemotion, i don't wan't players turning in every sense like fly and doing inhuman stuff for the sake of having 10000 animations. Good animations with a right tempo regarding physics is all we need for having enough variety, but based on human movements and not an IA creating animations transitions.

While I can agree with some parts, I can continue to repeat myself and criticize those other aspects regarding FOX engine PES games that bothers me to the ground (excluding eFootball because it's not PES). I mean, there are some "last gen" PES games that are doing great/better in some particular aspects (especially the 2021 version): best ball physics ever, best graphics that FOX engine can offer, better pitch atmosphere (especially with patches)... but there are even more aspects that are frustrating me more and I can't stand to play more than one or two matches: very predictable simplistic AI that on high difficulties is just cheesing you with the same pattern of passes & shoots, broken or non existing contact 1 v 1 duel animations, lots of erroneous referee decisions because of those animations, no penalties to the player team, keepers that are already on the top corner before the player is shooting, a stamina bar that doesn't count at all, same feeling when playing with teams from premier or second division or different leagues, boring unrewarding ML & BAL. All those aspects turns me off and bores me to hell when I play fox engine PES games, so I just can't play more than one or two friendly matches from time to time just for the sake of the few good aspects.

In other hand, well, what makes me to come back to those PES classics? It's not just nostalgia. Firstly, because there is a risk/reward gameplay during matches in cups/leagues or master league, where your team tactics and players on the field counts distinctively, where the game itself forces you to think on what you should desperately do on those matches because you have unpredictable moments on the field like crazy ball rebounds that are leading to weird goals, players fatigue, lots of injuries, suspended players, or even if you don't have the right players for the job. There are those "wtf I should do now? / I'm fucked.... oh wait, I'm not !!!" moments. Then there are those referees that are not ashamed or concerned at at all to show lots of cards whenever you're playing dirty (vs. stronger teams sometimes you're forced to play like that), and because of that could lead to a game changer for the next matches to reach your general club objective.

As conclusion, those are the main reasons why for me the last gen games are boring, lifeless or frustrating (and I'm sure there are more people feeling the same), and why classics (including also the PS3 era) doesn't, especially with the big variety of seasonal community patches experiencing different eras and flavors: there is team uniqueness and variety on the field, your decisions and actions are counting, your transfers are counting because of that, and sometimes the AI forces you to risk for a great satisfaction or for a big failure. To me just the ball physics, fancy graphics or attacking situations are not everything in a football game if the other part can't stimulate me to feel invested, so I want to experience the full overall picture of it...

~20GB for this? Lmfao

So we got the biggest update file so far but they practically added so little things, who's in charge with this ? someone should fire his ass.

No, this is not "fantasy story" or it's not rechecking/verifying files after download, the actual update file is around ~20GB

zDVf92t.png

For those who play full manual pass only!
If you want to play at leisure a match or couple via match room and agreed to these rules?
GamePlay:
1. Full manual pass only (manual pass level 4)
2. 15 Minutes for half.
3. New stadium for each following match.
FairPlay:
1. Dream Team level 2400 +- (may be variable).
2. No superstar (Mbappe, Holland, Ronaldo etc) and legend (Gullit, Maradonna, Pele etc) players in Dream Team.
2. Do not reset all replays and cutscenes.

My Dream Team is Japan National Team, Collective Strenght 2412
Dream Team.jpg
Message me in pm.

Last edited:
I don't feel the same at all, after replaying classic...
Many of those aspect you mentions are on "Classics"... More than on FOX for me but it's my opinion : the AI is overrated in every terms on Classics.
Hard yes but got also a lot of same patterns / going to the flanks, crosses, running in diagonal etc.
When you re-discover a game you didn't played so it's fresh, and the other new aren't... You don't have the recoil necessary to judge the game again than if you played it since 2 years or even less.

AI is to me the most challenging you can found on FOX version on PES 2021 (i repeat : 2021, less in the others) and that's the most important thing to me.
And we all got a way to play, and the CPU will adapt and play to counter the way you play. Now if you varies your tempo, your game, you'll see that the AI isn't that dumb as you through. @TheWolf said it on a post more clarified than me, but no one play the same way. No one got the same exact approach against CPU. I try to varies just because i like to create surprise : the CPU isn't lost and you can try : you'll see that it will adapt to every tentative of approach.
If the AI was so dumb : just switching your way to play and the game will be fucked, not knowing what to do. I doesn't happens from my experience.

But one thing i agree, the game is more physical/technical than tactical. And for a game that's what i'd like better. Some don't and are all about "AI/Variety". It's not that i don't care at all, but if there's variety but no challenge i wouldn't care if the AI is playing like an human. I need challenge, and 2021 is to me the top regarding challenge and difficulty, in attack like in defence.

On PES 5, i rarely conceide a goal during the match : the more often is on a direct free kick.
Now, and why i prefers PES 2008 PS2 is because the AI is scoring and very agressive offensively at a certain level of difficulty, the whole team became harder to stop, and the ball is by far less predictable in rebound... AI got the advantage in their reactions so they will took the ball easier after an unpredictable rebound or any "improved ball physics" stuff.

Edit:
But one thing is sure : i love the PS2 classics. I love PES 5. I love more that Era than any other PES era. But not one game vs another, i don't like particularly PES 5 over PES 2021 (well, i woud say PES 2008/JL2008 PS2 is my favourite versions of all time, but we wanted to play PS360 at the time not PS2)

Less on PS3, for that i switch to Fifa. And for PS4 i switch to PES. I don't know but i don't see FOX as a bad engine, it's the opposite : something powerful but perhaps too hard to master. For 2021 version it was totally mastered.

Edit2
I compare, but in fact those are different games in different era with different players and a very very different context with much more variable : it's a bit unfair to do it.

Also, Efootball was at first "acclaimed" (lol) for his AI. I didn't saw the difference personnally, it looks that the game got more space and a bigger pitch, more easy for the CPU to create perhaps.

Last edited:
Now, and why i prefers PES 2008 PS2 is because the AI is scoring and very agressive offensively at a certain level of difficulty, the whole team became harder to stop, and the ball is by far less predictable in rebound... AI got the advantage in their reactions so they will took the ball easier after an unpredictable rebound or any "improved ball physics" stuff.
PES 2008 for PS2 is maybe one of the best football games of all time and is so underrated. It is basically a better and more polished version of PES6 + more modes.

PES 2008 for PS2 is maybe one of the best football games of all time and is so underrated. It basically is a better and more polished version of PES6 + more modes.
Visually it looks like PES 6. And i'm not a fan of PES 6, but i must admit there was freedom on it, but there was a bit too fast, some stuffs working too well (high Balance > untouchable) and more oriented attack.

Not really underrated, but people/we got enough of the same game with some differences, let's admit it. We waited the PS360+PC version and that's all, in HD and everything. Let's say it's the version people carried the less.

PES 2008 got freedom, is debugged and got a far better balance, more animations and a better ball physic. Like someone said they took the best of the best of PES 4/5/6, PS2 version devs got total freedom on those versions, so no more "we will keep that stuff for the next version" marketing (also, try JL2008CC : PES 2008 is very good, that one is slower and more solid ;) i would say it's the pinnacle of PS2 versions. Well the difference is +- like a Final Evolution, perhaps less, changes are subtles)

Sorry back to the Efootball thread. One word for it to resume the game : apologies.

Last edited:
Visually it looks like PES 6. And i'm not a fan of PES 6, but i must admit there was freedom on it, but there was a bit too fast, some stuffs working too well (high Balance > untouchable) and more oriented attack.

Not really underrated, but people/we got enough of the same game with some differences, let's admit it. We waited the PS360+PC version and that's all, in HD and everything. Let's say it's the version people carried the less.

PES 2008 got freedom, is debugged and got a far better balance, more animations and a better ball physic. Like someone said they took the best of the best of PES 4/5/6, PS2 version devs got total freedom on those versions, so no more "we will keep that stuff for the next version" marketing (also, try JL2008CC : PES 2008 is very good, that one is slower and more solid ;) i would say it's the pinnacle of PS2 versions)
Yes, as you say, we all switch to the Next Gen version which was a complete disaster, and forget the PS2 games, that is the main reason why PES 2008 for PS2 is too unknown how good it was. I have to admit I figured it out years later after I was able to run in via an emulator on PC.

Back
Top Bottom