eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I want to pop in the ps4 disc again… and have a look. better to stay vanilla or Update fully? I forgot! 😊

edit: I am playing the vanilla version on PS5 now. holy cow… how I tend to forget. Efootball is such a downgrade. 😂🤷‍♂️
will have a few more matches today, I’m sure.

it’s practically the minimum update efootball needs. 🤷‍♂️😊

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my topplayer master league on fuma. Yes there is scripting but I can handle it. Even the great PES 2017 has scripting on superstar. So how enjoyable is superstar?

I'm playing topplayer, manuel passing and shooting, -2 speed, 14 minutes game :). And can enjoy it!

The problem with this game is it feels great until about the 10th game then the repeativeness kicks in , the same stumbles in every tackle , the AI patterns etc

The game is still miles ahead of FIFA 22 in terms of the smoothness of the animations and what generally resembles a game of football. I made a point of playing both games back-to-back-to-back-to-back... (you get the point) and I just can't see much resemblance of FIFA to the real game. The decisions the AI makes for itself and your teammates consistently beggar belief. The speed of player movement, ball movement, etc. is an archaic mess and you don't know from one game to the next if you're going to get Benny Hill speed or Matrix bullet-time speed. PES2021 was 2 years of basically the same game being patched 14-15 times which eventually led to a pretty great game. Unless FIFA 23 is revolutionary (:LMAO:) then I'll be sticking with PES2021 for another year or until eFootball maybe pulls it's finger out of it's arse.

The problem with this game is it feels great until about the 10th game then the repeativeness kicks in , the same stumbles in every tackle , the AI patterns etc
Been playing for days now… don’t feel it yet.
I’m playing the vanilla. Tried updated with OF but na... Updates butchered it too much, imo.

Im just playing like 2-4 matches a day… most of my time I spent in the cockpit these days. But for the occasional kick, I like it.

Last edited:

I’m playing the vanilla. Tried updated with OF but na... Updates butchered it too much, imo.

Im just playing like 2-4 matches a day… most of my time I spent in the cockpit these days. But for the occasional kick, I like it.
I agree with you both (I know that sounds contradictory) but I think the game is fantastic in small doses.

When you return after a break, it seduces you with how smooth and natural it looks and feels at a glance and the action feels fresh and exciting.

But after a few games, the deflating feeling kicks in when the handicapping switch kicks in, The COM do the same lame running towards their own goal, passes around their back four in slow motion and then BAM one long driven pass out of nowhere to a lone striker who turns slightly to one side, shoots low and hard into the bottom corner. 90% of the fookin time.

And then you honestly swearing your reflection in the mirror, pleading for answers that makes sense for why oh why they shoehorned that sticky finesse dribbling to the RS or who dreamt up the idea that as soon as a defender encroaches on your personal space, your flair winger, shrinks into a shielding pussy FORCING you to jostle and shield when all you want to do is suddenly change direction and explode away from him because you know you've got time to, you're just not allowed to because this animation MUST occur.

Don't even get me started on the screen wipe/replay/screen wipe cycle of boredom and suffering after every phantom foul.

Other than that, play this once or twice a week and it's like being a reborn football gamer. Exceed your recommended dose and you turn into one of those "hardcore fanboy re..."

I agree with you both (I know that sounds contradictory) but I think the game is fantastic in small doses.

When you return after a break, it seduces you with how smooth and natural it looks and feels at a glance and the action feels fresh and exciting.

But after a few games, the deflating feeling kicks in when the handicapping switch kicks in, The COM do the same lame running towards their own goal, passes around their back four in slow motion and then BAM one long driven pass out of nowhere to a lone striker who turns slightly to one side, shoots low and hard into the bottom corner. 90% of the fookin time.

And then you honestly swearing your reflection in the mirror, pleading for answers that makes sense for why oh why they shoehorned that sticky finesse dribbling to the RS or who dreamt up the idea that as soon as a defender encroaches on your personal space, your flair winger, shrinks into a shielding pussy FORCING you to jostle and shield when all you want to do is suddenly change direction and explode away from him because you know you've got time to, you're just not allowed to because this animation MUST occur.

Don't even get me started on the screen wipe/replay/screen wipe cycle of boredom and suffering after every phantom foul.

Other than that, play this once or twice a week and it's like being a reborn football gamer. Exceed your recommended dose and you turn into one of those "hardcore fanboy re..."
Nicely put. and I support that in the way I say: I love the ball at feet and whipping good manual crosses the most. It’s a bit like a sandbox, like beam ng is for driving.
That’s why I can spent hours in training mode. thats one of the pills in my weekly pill box. I’m not normal. And I see the potential. Gosh, I can taste it at times…

First I wanted to go on like, with how that potential could’ve been used and where we could’ve been by now… yada yada yada… and then I find myself in a 3 year cycle where I repeat myself…

oh guys… it’s our inner spirit that still unites us. Not the newer games so much! 🙁

Are you on the latest update (I know you're, just confirming)? You play FUMA with Superstar difficulty?
That is vanilla ps4 disc. I never play higher than top player. Those latest clips are all top play fuma on vanilla.
had it updated 2 weeks ago, installed a good OF. Gameplay had me delete and install vanilla again. 🤷‍♂️ Physicality gets lost with the updates…

edit:
…final seconds… this has to be it…

Edit: and more and more and more…

Last edited:
I ordered the XboxOne version on disc via Amazon so I can play the vanilla on one of the consoles at home as it's been so long. Normally I just p;lay the fully patched version on my Series X or laptop. On FUMA, this game is still so far ahead of FIFA22 and eFootball22 that I fear for the future because we know both titles are headed further downhill but if PES2021 is the worst footy game I have to play for the rest of my life, I'llk be happy.

I’m going back to vanille now :). The only thing i use of my xbox series s is the new controller. Playing vanille fifa 16 and vanille pes 2021 on my old xbox s :).

I’m going back to vanille now :). The only thing i use of my xbox series s is the new controller. Playing vanille fifa 16 and vanille pes 2021 on my old xbox s :).
Ow and offcourse fifa 14 and will add pes 15. Love cheap disc versions of old footballgames 😀

Ow and offcourse fifa 14 and will add pes 15. Love cheap disc versions of old footballgames 😀
Just a friendly suggestion. Of course, gameplay is always up to anyone's taste, but if you plan to go vanilla-disc-offline version on PES 2015 and 2016 on PS4, i would suggest to be more cautious , cause those games had some serious issues in the first releases, at least for sure in PC (steam), which were latter (really) fixed with a "monster" patch.

I can't recall what was exactly were, something with cursor change,or defender leaving the position for no reason,but in latter updates it was really fixed .

Even in the games that are better in vanilla version, as many people confess, PES 2020 and PES 2021, apart from the fact that you can't apply Option Files, games carry some minor bugs in modes, that may break the experience.

For example PES 2020 day one version, carries the EPL transfer bug in ML, from 2018 and 2019 heritage, where English clubs outsell all their roster.

In PES 2016 case, i played it since Day-one release, i can't swear that the game became better after updates,but i neither can swear that in became worse. Some minor issues were fixed or patched for sure. Not major issues like the GKs, but some minor bugs were actually fixed.

I want to conclude that vanilla is not the solution to all PES games, you must do tough exchanges.

Just a friendly suggestion. Of course, gameplay is always up to anyone's taste, but if you plan to go vanilla-disc-offline version on PES 2015 and 2016 on PS4, i would suggest to be more cautious , cause those games had some serious issues in the first releases, at least for sure in PC (steam), which were latter (really) fixed with a "monster" patch.

I can't recall what was exactly were, something with cursor change,or defender leaving the position for no reason,but in latter updates it was really fixed .

Even in the games that are better in vanilla version, as many people confess, PES 2020 and PES 2021, apart from the fact that you can't apply Option Files, games carry some minor bugs in modes, that may break the experience.

For example PES 2020 day one version, carries the EPL transfer bug in ML, from 2018 and 2019 heritage, where English clubs outsell all their roster.

In PES 2016 case, i played it since Day-one release, i can't swear that the game became better after updates,but i neither can swear that in became worse. Some minor issues were fixed or patched for sure. Not major issues like the GKs, but some minor bugs were actually fixed.

I want to conclude that vanilla is not the solution to all PES games, you must do tough exchanges.
Thx! For this advice :), helpfull!

Didn't see any gameplay change after the update so far. Still a football game with pros and cons, but clearly the best you can get.

[Copy-paste from PC Discussion Thread]

Since the gameplay engine of eFootball is already "Fox Engine", I've a feeling that, they updated PES 2021 with an idea in mind. They were probably beta-testing eFootball changes and code in PES 2021 in the gameplay aspect. Take a look at Version 1.07.02.. It's changed, in a better way? (possibly). That's why some people are saying like, this new build changed how AI plays, more fouls, slow paced game etc... I mean, why do they update an old game which was already discontinued? So, this is the case (in my opinion and thinking).

Back
Top Bottom