eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Hm. I’m asking myself how that is helpful to the community when watched in a broader picture and from the outside. :II

Ah I tried man.. I started a master league with SPAL on Superstar warning bit of a rant..

I havent really played much of PES 2021 since its release as it annoyed me but played loads of ML seasons on 16,17,18,19 so thought I'd give it one last go..

I'm trying to enjoy it but what is the deal with this game? hardly ANYTHING you try pull off works every through ball intercepted, AI defenders intercepting through your legs, can't beat a man for pace can't win headers to score from crosses, corners are pointless, AI feel like immovable cyborgs

I played 18 matches so far W5 D4 L9 team spirit is 71 but my team just plays like its underwater compared to the CPU? It's a shame had some really good moments and I'm enjoying being at the bottom end of the series B table but the overall experience is just enough to make you go bald

PES 18 I played around 13 seasons on my ML and scored every type of goal imaginable but the way this game stifles you and makes it so rigid destroys any fun I want to continue but does it get any better? Few questions

How do you all deal with playing the ball to your CF feet with his back to goal on the 18yrd line? Second its touched his feet the AI steal it

How the hell do you accelerate past the defenders when your x2 slower than the CPU? I'm trying the R stick it works once every 30 tried to gain me a yard but then I'm swallowed up

How do you win crosses? I have a winger with pinpoint crossing skill and it never hits my strikers head and super cancel is useless as theres 9 enemy players in the box tried L1 cross and L1 R2 etc etc triple tap low blah blah

They sucked the life out of having Fun on these games by cheap difficulty tactics your players animations are so much slower it's like the game encourages you to treat the ball like a hot potato in the last 3rd
I have this strange feeling when playing a season in ML. It starts well, then for some reason, I can´t do anything, like there's an invisible barrier that stops me from doing whatever I´m trying to do, wich makes me draw or loose matches. Then, evrything looks and feels fine again, and I can win matches, but because I'm late in the standings, there's this pressure to perform and get to the top again. This might seem cool in a way, but it's like there's a code creating drama and story year after year in ML. It becomes repetitive and predictive, in other words... boring. I miss the old days, where you would win a hard match in a unexpective way, or loose another but still want to keep going. This time, some matches are so frustrating, I've almost never felt I should accept a defeat, because of the way CPU wins or scores.
This game could be so, so good! It's unbelievable how someone thinks this was the right way to make the game challenging.
Stupid thing is, this is the best we have so far :( .

I have this strange feeling when playing a season in ML. It starts well, then for some reason, I can´t do anything, like there's an invisible barrier that stops me from doing whatever I´m trying to do, wich makes me draw or loose matches. Then, evrything looks and feels fine again, and I can win matches, but because I'm late in the standings, there's this pressure to perform and get to the top again. This might seem cool in a way, but it's like there's a code creating drama and story year after year in ML. It becomes repetitive and predictive, in other words... boring. I miss the old days, where you would win a hard match in a unexpective way, or loose another but still want to keep going. This time, some matches are so frustrating, I've almost never felt I should accept a defeat, because of the way CPU wins or scores.
This game could be so, so good! It's unbelievable how someone thinks this was the right way to make the game challenging.
Stupid thing is, this is the best we have so far :( .
I mostly play Pes 17 nowadays. That’s the one I find most enjoyable and keeps me playing for a few hours. Score some great goals. Get a few penalties. Put Pes 21 on the other night for a change, really enjoyed it before they ruined it with the last update ,Started my Master league first game. Only on Top player . First thing I noticed was how quick the opposition was and my men where stuck in mud. After going 2-0 down after 6 minutes that soon got turned off. The scripting is terrible.

R2 finesse distance shots were hardly nerfed after first datapacks, but there can still be some done, if the requirements are fulfilled. Although they all look too similar and repetitive.

Here is one, from last night playthrough

Still loving this game on PS4.

Just past Xmas in my 2nd season with Derby. Season 1, I finished about 16th, hard slog as we know.

Season 2 and I'm battling with Palace, Brentford, Norwich, Peterborough and Bournemouth at the top.

Starting 11 is (I did give myself a high starting budget and pretended they'd got taken over and appointed Zico 😂) Gunn, Fosu-Mensah, Bielik, Badiashile, Mendyl, Mbuemo, Evander, Lowen, Thorsby, N'Diaye, Dimata. Would like some more English players in the side but they cost so much!!

This 2nd season I've also already had 6 penalties awarded to me!! 2 in 1 game as well.

Still loving this game on PS4.

Just past Xmas in my 2nd season with Derby. Season 1, I finished about 16th, hard slog as we know.

Season 2 and I'm battling with Palace, Brentford, Norwich, Peterborough and Bournemouth at the top.

Starting 11 is (I did give myself a high starting budget and pretended they'd got taken over and appointed Zico 😂) Gunn, Fosu-Mensah, Bielik, Badiashile, Mendyl, Mbuemo, Evander, Lowen, Thorsby, N'Diaye, Dimata. Would like some more English players in the side but they cost so much!!

This 2nd season I've also already had 6 penalties awarded to me!! 2 in 1 game as well.

When winning penalties do you use R3 dribbling a lot in the box? Or diving? Perhaps a striker with the gamesmanship trait?

I played the AFC champions league last night as Nagoya Grampus made it to the semi finals before being knocked out but felt the game played it's best for a long time was really enjoyable

But I think that's pes 2021 issue one minute it's a good game then next a frustrating mess

I have an issue, with PS4 trophy "derby dominator". No matter how much derby matches i won, it does not award me the Trophy. I suspect that it must be a hardcoded Rivalry, as most derbies i played are vs rivals i added via EDIT MODE. Does anyone know the list "Hardcoded" rivalries. I assume it must be Liverpool vs Everton, ManU vs ManC, Arsenal vs Chelsea , Real vs Barca, Boca vs River, etc..

Bang, bang, bang,..works only once in 100, but when it happens it is awesome! :)

Looks like a banging strike also with barely any added spin. I took the liberty of peering at your power up input, which remind me of a kind of return to old-school PES modulate-power-up-bar-and-release-normally-near-halfway-mark. However, I do wonder if the community can be receptive to a slightly slower power up being timed occasionally earlier, maybe in conjunction with an intentional extra touch. I can understand a heavier touch creating a half a yard to make striking seemingly easier to generate power, but the elite-most-clinical strikers are unmistakably more intentional--never mind the 15 yards R. Carlos runnup behind his famous Fks or Ronaldo's slightly square stance, and the raised arms before taking corners.

In the case of most poorly executed strikes half of which ending up balooning over, if we dismiss the psyche-mental sides and focus more on physics and mechanics and technique, I will honestly confess to paying no mind to my locomotion, mechanics, emotion+adrenaline when blasting a shot yards from the crossbar. I would add that without proper re-adjusting and actually correcting, timing, and calibrating ones striking sequence at some point during the initial, actual, or follow through phases, shooting cannot improve and is at the mercy of ones habits and more than likely at the opponents' as well.

When it comes to eFootball 22, I am straying from first time kicks as I cannot get in the timing of transitioning out my players movement if the ball is not travelling exactly towards their path. I am hopeless super cancelling my way at almost any opportunity I can where there is an important gap between a selected receiver and the ball.

R2 finesse distance shots were hardly nerfed after first datapacks, but there can still be some done, if the requirements are fulfilled. Although they all look too similar and repetitive.

Here is one, from last night playthrough
Why is the ball silver/black? Must be hard to see when playing?

Edit: Just seen this is not the new game. Thought the new gmae was forcing strange ball colours on people.

Why is the ball silver/black? Must be hard to see when playing?

Edit: Just seen this is not the new game. Thought the new gmae was forcing strange ball colours on people.
What do you mean new game? E-Futebol?

Game is PES2021, ball is the official default ball that is used in the 2nd round of Ligue1.

In some grounds with strange lighting or shadows, yes it can be nightmare to watch and track the ball.

Given the chance, kudos to KONAMI that pays attention to such tiny details that only weirdos like me notice.

At least in ML, the 1st round of Ligue1, matchday 1~19 is played with a yellow ball, IIRC Elysia something, and the 2nd round aka matchday 20~38 are played with the silver Elysia ball.

I know they are terrible at basic presentation, but they strangely are good to that 2nd tier details.

Last edited:
I have an issue, with PS4 trophy "derby dominator". No matter how much derby matches i won, it does not award me the Trophy. I suspect that it must be a hardcoded Rivalry, as most derbies i played are vs rivals i added via EDIT MODE. Does anyone know the list "Hardcoded" rivalries. I assume it must be Liverpool vs Everton, ManU vs ManC, Arsenal vs Chelsea , Real vs Barca, Boca vs River, etc..
Hi Mate, I got this during Celtic V Rangers, during a league match (SPFL)

Been a couple weeks since I've played... Had 2021 just had an update? It plays way different... Good and bad.
I think the final update was months ago mate. Yes it's good I like it but so frustrating that after the early updates konami just made it worse as usual. Does anybody out there still play vanilla version and is it worth going back to that?

Still playing this game. Or... I was. Just finished my fifth season in charge of Torino - this year I'd taken us into the Champions League, where we reached the knockout stage, finished third in Serie A and won the Coppa Italia - the club's first trophy in many years - beating Juventus 4-1 in the final. Just spent lots of money on transfers for a title push next season.

Except I just loaded up my save, went forward in time, and... I've been sacked. Apparently the season was "a complete disaster". Reloaded and tried again, but it's happening every time so it's obviously fixed from this point. Great. Why did I bother?

And of course, as you'd expect for a manager who'd achieved all that with a small club like Torino... the only job offer is from St Johnstone.

Is there any way to take the team I built and carry on? I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it, and don't really want to stop here.

Or is there a PS4 option file that updates to the 2021/22 season? Not starting a new ML when all the teams are two years out of date.

Last edited:
Is there any way to take the team I built and carry on? I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it, and don't really want to stop here.

Or is there a PS4 option file that updates to the 2021/22 season? Not starting a new ML when all the teams are two years out of date.
I think you can save your team in the last menu of Master League

Still playing this game. Or... I was. Just finished my fifth season in charge of Torino - this year I'd taken us into the Champions League, where we reached the knockout stage, finished third in Serie A and won the Coppa Italia - the club's first trophy in many years - beating Juventus 4-1 in the final. Just spent lots of money on transfers for a title push next season.

Except I just loaded up my save, went forward in time, and... I've been sacked. Apparently the season was "a complete disaster". Reloaded and tried again, but it's happening every time so it's obviously fixed from this point. Great. Why did I bother?
Fuck man ,my condolences!
Great achievement with Granata.
Hope you can restore it

I assume you picked a high objective? I always try to pick the lowest, is season objective.. So whatever..

I think your firing is a NEXUs event now, so unless you want to try your luck with reloads, with doubtful results, what you can do?

I don't know how much time remaining you have after you load your game. If it is at least one week, I suggest Make a request to a team by yourself, one of your choice.

I would suggest pick a team, preferably from 2nd Division so you will take the job for sure and get a reply in fast time.

You can also make a request, take your time to St. Johnstone and SIM until next December, and then go to your next club.

But be careful cause the system in ML is too rigid. Same rigid as it when it is firing you.

IE if you are 3rd in EPL, even from Thailand league only the 3rd teaM of the league will send you request,not the 2nd.

As for players, if you have negotiations available now to send in Torino, pick the team you will go for sure and trade-transfer the 5 most favourite players of yours and send them there before you leave the team, as trades.

Choose their shittiest players and offer exchanges with your much better rated players

Last edited:
I have played 100 hours of PES2021 on PS4/PS5 but Master League is not fun at all.. I want to start playing PES2017 again, IMHO the best on last gen consoles. Is there an Option File for PES2017 with latest transfers maybe?

Can't even find a 21/22 option file for PES 2021 on PS4, which might be a better plan than carrying on from here in my old save. Is there one? There must be.

(What I'd really like to do is go to PC, but I think it must be too expensive to buy a brand new computer just for PES. Presumably you need a good graphics card, tons of RAM etc, which I don't have on my current laptop. But a good mod of PES2021 is something I could see myself playing for a few years yet. Maybe there'd be another good football game along by then.)

Can't even find a 21/22 option file for PES 2021 on PS4, which might be a better plan than carrying on from here in my old save. Is there one? There must be.

(What I'd really like to do is go to PC, but I think it must be too expensive to buy a brand new computer just for PES. Presumably you need a good graphics card, tons of RAM etc, which I don't have on my current laptop. But a good mod of PES2021 is something I could see myself playing for a few years yet. Maybe there'd be another good football game along by then.)
took me 5 seconds to find it

https://evoweb.uk/threads/kimi85-of...-v1-5-released-12-12-21-v2-coming-soon.88652/

Tons of free OFs for free, YouTube, Google,etc...Also here is a BOE collection.

https://www.pesfutebol.com/2021_2.php

Cheers - I could only find stuff for PC, or that's what I thought. I'll blame the covid I had when I was looking.

Back
Top Bottom