eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I agree that the ML mode feels scripted and unfair, but totally disagree about the other competitions. I play mostly Serie A seasons on SuperStar level and it feels great, and most of all fair. When I lose it's because of my mistakes or bad luck, but I never feel cheated like in ML.
Is PES21 a good game? To me, yes. Is it perfect? Hell, no. Is there a better football game to play? No way, FIFA 21 & 22 are collecting dust in my Steam library...

I agree that the ML mode feels scripted and unfair, but totally disagree about the other competitions. I play mostly Serie A seasons on SuperStar level and it feels great, and most of all fair. When I lose it's because of my mistakes or bad luck, but I never feel cheated like in ML.
Is PES21 a good game? To me, yes. Is it perfect? Hell, no. Is there a better football game to play? No way, FIFA 21 & 22 are collecting dust in my Steam library...
u mean in season? it s just as bad, in league mode, the only fair game is in friendlies i m afraid, i ve tried all european club football competitions, and they are all scripted, except, international cups or champions league maybe, anything that is ML or european club season competition is just scripted beyond repair...which is why i dont have incentives to play or spend time.... it s just a scripted and unfair game there.
is there any way to make the game less physical??/ it s just making it limited and one dimensional in ML, is there any freakin way to make the AI less physical ???

u mean in season? it s just as bad, in league mode, the only fair game is in friendlies i m afraid, i ve tried all european club football competitions, and they are all scripted, except, international cups or champions league maybe, anything that is ML or european club season competition is just scripted beyond repair...which is why i dont have incentives to play or spend time.... it s just a scripted and unfair game there.
is there any way to make the game less physical??/ it s just making it limited and one dimensional in ML, is there any freakin way to make the AI less physical ???
Yeah, I play Serie A in League mode and I don't feel it is scripted. I've had the experience you described with Master League and also when I've tried to raise the difficulty level from Superstar to Legend. That's why I avoid ML and I reverted to Superstar difficulty.
Last summer during the EURO I've also played several EURO's in Cup mode and it was fine, at least I did not feel cheated by the AI.

Every time I play a derby match I am left with the same feeling; Konami doesn't understand what makes them exciting. Konami's idea of 'excitement' is every challenge is a slide tackle and attacking mentality. No matter the rivals, no matter the quality of the teams, same strategy, same execution, every single match. And you know what? It's lazy. There's good to be found here in this game. There's fun to be had with the game. But cup matches and derby matches are a disgrace and they have been since I came back to PES 5 years ago.

The way the AI behaves and defends in derby matches only works because of the poor refereeing logic; I'll have a player slide through the back of my legs and he'll get a warning. I'll have blatantly late malicious challenges only receive a yellow card. You know what a ref's most concerned with in a match like this? Maintaining control of the match. If players are going into the back of players' legs with 2 feet, players are going to get sent off quick because the ref has to make it very clear to both teams that such behavior is not tolerated.

But that can't happen in PES because you'll have 5 red cards by half time.

Konami wanted these to be the most excited matches in the game. In reality, they've taken away from the experience. Let the football tell the story of the match and let it do so organically. You don't need to force things. You don't need to manufacture excite. Make a game that can do that on its own.

If there's anything that should be augmented in derby matches, it's the atmosphere. Turn the volume up on everything. If I'm at Anfield and McTominay cuts down Salah, I want to hear the hatred from the stadium. Derby matches are intense because of the atmosphere. Not because teams suddenly decide to break each others legs. It just doesn't make sense and it's not fun, especially in fixed cursor, getting injured every time I play Liverpool or City because PES decides that murderball is exciting football.

tldr, derby matches suck and i have no idea what konami was thinking with them

Has anyone had any luck with the rising shot skill? Every time my player takes a 'rising' shot it pretty much hits the roof of Old Trafford. I've had success with dipping shots and knuckle shots, but rising shots absolutely miss the target every time I take one.

Every time I play a derby match I am left with the same feeling; Konami doesn't understand what makes them exciting. Konami's idea of 'excitement' is every challenge is a slide tackle and attacking mentality. No matter the rivals, no matter the quality of the teams, same strategy, same execution, every single match. And you know what? It's lazy. There's good to be found here in this game. There's fun to be had with the game. But cup matches and derby matches are a disgrace and they have been since I came back to PES 5 years ago.

The way the AI behaves and defends in derby matches only works because of the poor refereeing logic; I'll have a player slide through the back of my legs and he'll get a warning. I'll have blatantly late malicious challenges only receive a yellow card. You know what a ref's most concerned with in a match like this? Maintaining control of the match. If players are going into the back of players' legs with 2 feet, players are going to get sent off quick because the ref has to make it very clear to both teams that such behavior is not tolerated.

But that can't happen in PES because you'll have 5 red cards by half time.

Konami wanted these to be the most excited matches in the game. In reality, they've taken away from the experience. Let the football tell the story of the match and let it do so organically. You don't need to force things. You don't need to manufacture excite. Make a game that can do that on its own.

If there's anything that should be augmented in derby matches, it's the atmosphere. Turn the volume up on everything. If I'm at Anfield and McTominay cuts down Salah, I want to hear the hatred from the stadium. Derby matches are intense because of the atmosphere. Not because teams suddenly decide to break each others legs. It just doesn't make sense and it's not fun, especially in fixed cursor, getting injured every time I play Liverpool or City because PES decides that murderball is exciting football.

tldr, derby matches suck and i have no idea what konami was thinking with them
I wonder if you can eliminate the derby annoying stuff by editing the rival clubs using the in-game team edit menu.

I wonder if you can eliminate the derby annoying stuff by editing the rival clubs using the in-game team edit menu.
They are hard coded for the licensed team. Since I play as Manchester United, my favorite team, I can't get rid of them. The one unfortunate part of United being licensed as of 2020 lol

Bad AI and good AI.

Something I have noticed over and over again is how frequently the AI will clear the ball right up the middle of the pitch. And that's exactly what Sule does. But what a strike from Rashford for his hattrick. The AI doesn't shoot from outside the box anywhere nearly enough. And it's the second hattrick a teammate has scored this season (Elanga got the first).

Derby matches in a nutshell

Actually played this match more than once. Ultimtely I just had to drop the difficulty back down to top player. Even then the AI was only interested in murder ball because that's what Konami deems acceptable and exciting.

Wanted to share my PES 2021 PC (Modded with mods from KnightMD video description) videos. I made three of them and not planning to do a new one soon because I will focus on older games.

Toni Kroos orchestrating Real Madrid attacks | REAL MADRID - INTER | PES 2021 PC MODDED GAMEPLAY
REAL MADRID - CADIZ | PES 2021 PC MODDED GAMEPLAY | Random Clips
NEWCASTLE UTD - MANCHESTER UTD | PES 2021 PC MODDED GAMEPLAY | Random Clips
How do you shoot so strooong from distance?

How do you shoot so strooong from distance?
Just rewatched the videos, there were not many but a few long shot goals. Shot power may depend on many things but I assume;

For normal shots, it's mostly about long wind up animation (if you command to shoot when you have distance with the ball). You can double tap sprint (or Hold R3 while double tapping sprint for even more distance with the ball), or if it happens when a loose ball drops in front of you like this Jovic goal on my REAL MADRID - CADIZ video.

For manual shots (L2 + Shot), I assume it always tends to prepare for the shot and take it with max power (maybe rewarding the manual aim???). I felt that in PES 2015 and PES 2014 the most, even with weak foot manual shots. Here's a goal Cristiano powerful manual shot with strong foot even when he is stationary.

A quick question, i've heard that PES applies a 'handicap' boosting CPU players or negatively affecting human players. Is Superstar also affected by this? Because i feel that opponents always catch up to me even when i'm infront of them. Would Top Player have no handicap (be neutral) in that case? I want to have a fair game only based on the stats without the boosting

Edit: Just tried out Top Player and it's too easy, CPU doesn't run but walks the pitch

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to change CPU always having offensive tactic in cup games? Their tactic bar is set on 1 red bar throughout whole match, even when they got red card. WTF KONAMI?!

Last edited:
Hello, i searching for actual OF or PATCH. I need Croatian teams and also balkans, so can i found that on this forum?

I'll never understand this game.

I'm up against AC Milan and they get off to an early lead. Fair enough. My team's having a poor shooting night. It happens we'll just have to work harder to make better chances.

And then one of my teammates gets sent off because of 2 yellows about 3 minute apart. Same animation both times (that barge animation that always gets called a foul). You know what? It's frustrating but it happens. It'll make the comeback more epic.

I can take going down early. I can take the poor shooting. I can take the red card. But what I can't take is the sudden loss in responsiveness.

Time after time I try to make a pass because I'm being closed down and there's a delay my player actually attempts it allowing the defender to reach me. I try to dribble or change direction and my player simply won't and gets caught or tackled by a defender (usually Kessie because that man is actually the terminator).

I'm fine with adversity. But don't take my ability to play away from me.

I go off injured in the second half. I'm the most dangerous player on my team so Milan mark me and kick me every chance they get. Maignan has made save after save up until that point.

Given the inconsistencies with fouls and cards in this game, injuries are the only thing I'll restart matches for. Otherwise I'd miss most of the season through injury.

Before I went off injured I was losing 1-0 in a match where my inputs were delayed. After restarting the match I'm currently up 4-0 before halftime. Delay gone. Feeling back in control like I'm used to.

I just don't get it.

It just sucks because I was enjoying the challenge of coming back against a tough defensive team while a man down.

I'll never understand this game.

I'm up against AC Milan and they get off to an early lead. Fair enough. My team's having a poor shooting night. It happens we'll just have to work harder to make better chances.

And then one of my teammates gets sent off because of 2 yellows about 3 minute apart. Same animation both times (that barge animation that always gets called a foul). You know what? It's frustrating but it happens. It'll make the comeback more epic.

I can take going down early. I can take the poor shooting. I can take the red card. But what I can't take is the sudden loss in responsiveness.

Time after time I try to make a pass because I'm being closed down and there's a delay my player actually attempts it allowing the defender to reach me. I try to dribble or change direction and my player simply won't and gets caught or tackled by a defender (usually Kessie because that man is actually the terminator).

I'm fine with adversity. But don't take my ability to play away from me.

I go off injured in the second half. I'm the most dangerous player on my team so Milan mark me and kick me every chance they get. Maignan has made save after save up until that point.

Given the inconsistencies with fouls and cards in this game, injuries are the only thing I'll restart matches for. Otherwise I'd miss most of the season through injury.

Before I went off injured I was losing 1-0 in a match where my inputs were delayed. After restarting the match I'm currently up 4-0 before halftime. Delay gone. Feeling back in control like I'm used to.

I just don't get it.

It just sucks because I was enjoying the challenge of coming back against a tough defensive team while a man down.
That barge that is always called a foul against you, but only 5 of 10 times against the CPU :P

If i had a better video editing software and a decent PC, i could do now a whole compilation Video of barges and WWE smackdowns that were never called a free kick for me :)

The rest is everything about their false perspective, how difficulty and challenging AI works.

The thing I hate about that animation is it always results in a foul. Animation based gameplay only works right when you have enough animations for things to look fluid. Having a one blatant foul animation is annoying especially when you have idea what triggers said animation. It's poor design.

I want fouls. I want cards. But having no way to avoid this animation means taking control away from the player and that isn't ok.

Hi guys,
In PES 2021 Master League, when we search for players.
For example in below screenshot - we search for DMF and Free Agent.
The results show all players who may play in DMF position. Including CBs, LBs, AMF etc.
Is there an option for precision search?
Like only show me DMF players. I'm tearing my hair out over this!
Thanks in advance!

20220416224756_1.jpg

20220416224803_1.jpg

Hi guys,
In PES 2021 Master League, when we search for players.
For example in below screenshot - we search for DMF and Free Agent.
The results show all players who may play in DMF position. Including CBs, LBs, AMF etc.
Is there an option for precision search?
Like only show me DMF players. I'm tearing my hair out over this!
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 156564

View attachment 156565
IIRC there is not, but you can sort them by position and check to the DMF-CMF section.

Hi all, as you know I am a regular on here and I play most of my Pes2021 on PS4 (and now 5) but ive also picked up a decent PC for work purposes* and have started looking at mods again.

I used to play and run mods a lot on Pes 2013 with Jenkeys tool. The question I want to ask is do you think that patching and modding this game starts to effect gameplay? Im not talking about using a gameplay mod like Hollands, im talking vanilla. But as you add in stadiums, sider etc the games ai becomes more and more convoluted?

Im asking because I recently downloaded my steam Juve version and had a few games, the gameplay was enjoyable as such akin to PS4, I had some nice variety even though I was yet to mod. I then modded it with Smoke and found that for the most part it retained that enjoyable core gameplay but with kits and balls.

So I then uninstalled smoke, made a fresh install and tried Virtuared which was a heaviliy modded version of the game. When I played my first match, even though it looked glorious with all the adboard, stadiums, faces and effects etc, the players on pitch where doing odd things on both sides, not reacting to the ball when it was next to them, players feeling sluggish, feeling more like they are on rails, the ai was a bit one dimensional etc.

When I then reinstalled for a third time and removed virtua red, the vanilla gameplay was much freer again. Can anyone explain this? Does Virtuared have some gameplay patch within it for example?

Ive decided to try and build my own setup now so I can retain that core element using smoke as a basis. Just wanted to check if I was going mad or not?

Sorted. Built my own setup and loving it.

Just one question...actually ill go ask it in smoke patch thread.

Back
Top Bottom