FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I think the most up-to-date roster available for FIFA 16 is FIFA Infinity Patch 5.2 that used FIFA 22 last squad update (June 22, before summer transfer market).
If you want to install it, start reading from here https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3879297 that I explained it before.
Thank you! I've started for now a career with Leicester to try to recreate their PL victory. This season was special so I'm not that worried about the outdated rosters. Next season I'll try a rebuild of the team or see how it pans out by keeping stars like Mahrez and Kante in the team.
I'm so glad I installed again this game. I like Efootball's gameplay but the lack of offline modes is killing it. A joy also to see cpu changing things. I don't even know why more people don't go back to FIFA 16. I'm having tons of fouls also in my games.

It's normal, they will try to do that in the last 10 minutes of the game and if they're winning you will also see them get the ball to the corner flag to frustrate you and waste time, as you may have to press with 2 players to get the damn ball off them!

You need to be aware that you need more time and space than normal to make passes safely as they will run aggressively to catch you off guard and sometimes you just have to clear the ball to avoid losing it in a dangerous area. They will also launch a good number of desperate crosses from distance so you better be prepared to switch to something more defensive. It can be tricky, but it's also a great time to try and score on a counter and kill the game which feels great!

It's times like these when the game can become end to end and chaotic. It's not end to end because the AI has no brainz for 90 minutes, it's end to end when someone commits players to attacking/pressing high so the match actually makes sense.
Damn right, this is exactly what happened! They were wasting time in the corner when I pressed the ball in the last minute and I was like, "damn, this is weird (but in a good way) crap". Didn't see these on newer FIFAs. And thanks for the advice mate. I agree on your point. AI surely has a brain in this one!

Switch folders and use a copy of the vanilla game to enter the game in Origin online mode. It should make you download and sync your settings with EA Cloud. When you play a kick off match, it should download latest squads (June 2017).
First, try to create a custom key setup with your keyboard and try to save it to check the saving function is working.

Sometimes I play with a Xbox 360 controller, but I have never created a custom button map for it (I can't try it right now because my motherboard is broken, sorry)
However, you said you were using another controller with a 3rd party program. Correct?
Yeah. I’m using the app ds4windows to get my PS5’s DS controller working under windows.
I will look into this again later this week. 👍

Can somebody help me? The game is crashing in-game for some reason. I was playing my Man United Manager career save and the game crashed 2 times in the middle of the game (1st attempt) and then the start of the game (2nd attempt). I was playing against RB Salzburg in the Champions League. I only added the Ball Physics 1.0 mod as well as some faces + Generic Faces Addon for FIP by Papinho. I know that Generic Faces Addon could crash if I don't generate the facetype thingy, I did that. But still, it's crashing. Could it be any other reason?

Can somebody help me? The game is crashing in-game for some reason. I was playing my Man United Manager career save and the game crashed 2 times in the middle of the game (1st attempt) and then the start of the game (2nd attempt). I was playing against RB Salzburg in the Champions League. I only added the Ball Physics 1.0 mod as well as some faces + Generic Faces Addon for FIP by Papinho. I know that Generic Faces Addon could crash if I don't generate the facetype thingy, I did that. But still, it's crashing. Could it be any other reason?

Did you make any change to the database to assign faces? Each time you modify the db, you must restart your Career Mode from scratch. Otherwise, it won't load or it will crash.

Yeah. I’m using the app ds4windows to get my PS5’s DS controller working under windows.
I will look into this again later this week. 👍

It seems a very common issue with controllers
https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/...oller-2-custom-settings-not-saving-workaround
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Controller-settings-not-saving-STILL/td-p/11845907

I'm thinking in a workaround. Technically, the custom button config is saved in C:\Users\name\Documents\FIFA 16 in a file called buttonDataSetup.ini

If your config is temporarily saved at least, you should be able to open the game, saved your preferred button config, while keeping the game open alt+tab to Windows, go to the folder and then look for this file. Make a copy.
Close the game and, then you could compare both files (the one you copied and the one you currently have) to see if any change has been done.
If yes, try to copy the changes and save the .ini file
Probably that would make the temp config you are creating (and losing) to be kept forever

Last edited:
Damn right, this is exactly what happened! They were wasting time in the corner when I pressed the ball in the last minute and I was like, "damn, this is weird (but in a good way) crap". Didn't see these on newer FIFAs. And thanks for the advice mate. I agree on your point. AI surely has a brain in this one!

Pretty evolved IA, isn't it? That's part of the beauty of this game.

Pretty evolved IA, isn't it? That's part of the beauty of this game.
Yep!
Did you make any change to the database to assign faces? Each time you modify the db, you must restart your Career Mode from scratch. Otherwise, it won't load or it will crash.
I did. But the faces are already assigned (same as the IDs). I just applied the fix to "fix" the crash issues when using Generic Faces Addon again. I don't know what to do now. It doesn't alter anything than "setfacetype" thingy..

Yep!

I did. But the faces are already assigned (same as the IDs). I just applied the fix to "fix" the crash issues when using Generic Faces Addon again. I don't know what to do now. It doesn't alter anything than "setfacetype" thingy..

The only way I imagine you could fix this issue is reverting your database to the version you used when you saved your last career file. I have installed FIP Patch 5.2 "vanilla" with no additional modifications.
Attached you will find my db folder that goes inside X:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\FIFA 16\data

Probably replacing the one you have with these files would do trick (you will lose all the faces you added later, of course).

If this doesn't work, you should reinstall everything. As long as I know, there aren't additional fixes atm to avoid restarting careers after you edit your database

Attachments

• db.rar
    4 MB · Views: 8
@DevPlays requested help to gather and install facepacks for FIFA16 (you might have already found your way by now).
I am posting the info here, so it can benefit a larger audience.

The larger facepack available (with no link down) can be downloaded from here:
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-custom-faces.6469609/post-6673805

This is the process to update your database so that game nows what faces are hd faces:
http://soccergaming.com/index.php?t...-2-21-22-edition.6466137/page-41#post-6615569

Finally, this will add the new generic hairs and prevent the domination of the army of balds in lesser leagues:
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/generic-hairs-addon-for-fip-5-2.6470825/post-6706942

@DevPlays requested help to gather and install facepacks for FIFA16 (you might have already found your way by now).

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-custom-faces.6469609/post-6673805

This is the process to update your database so that game nows what faces are hd faces:
http://soccergaming.com/index.php?t...-2-21-22-edition.6466137/page-41#post-6615569

Finally, this will add the new generic hairs and prevent the domination of the army of balds in lesser leagues:
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/generic-hairs-addon-for-fip-5-2.6470825/post-6706942
Faces… how could I forget the faces… 😂 and yes,some players looked weird or had no hair. Gotta fix that.

so much more to install…👏 this is like the AC of football games! 😂

The only way I imagine you could fix this issue is reverting your database to the version you used when you saved your last career file. I have installed FIP Patch 5.2 "vanilla" with no additional modifications.
Attached you will find my db folder that goes inside X:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\FIFA 16\data

Probably replacing the one you have with these files would do trick (you will lose all the faces you added later, of course).

If this doesn't work, you should reinstall everything. As long as I know, there aren't additional fixes atm to avoid restarting careers after you edit your database
Fortunately, I've managed to fix the issue myself before I saw your message. I just exported the players table again and used setfacetype thingy again then re-imported it. Now, no crash in that Champions League match. But I'm not sure that it fixed the crash permanently though.

UPDATE : The game got crashed on the next match playing Carabao Cup. I don't know what to do now.

Well, Pap.. I'm already using exactly what you've posted on the above message (All 3 of them)! The addition of Generic Hair gave the crash issue (I believe) and you can see the messages that I quote ElChachoCoudet mate. It's all fixed (for now, I believe). No, it's not. Thanks for the suggestion and generic hair mods. I'm also trying to add more faces for some young players as well as my Career mode save signings..

Last edited:
Fortunately, I've managed to fix the issue myself before I saw your message. I just exported the players table again and used setfacetype thingy again then re-imported it. Now, no crash in that Champions League match. But I'm not sure that it fixed the crash permanently though.

UPDATE : The game got crashed on the next match playing Carabao Cup. I don't know what to do now.

Well, Pap.. I'm already using exactly what you've posted on the above message (All 3 of them)! The addition of Generic Hair gave the crash issue (I believe) and you can see the messages that I quote ElChachoCoudet mate. It's all fixed (for now, I believe). No, it's not. Thanks for the suggestion and generic hair mods. I'm also trying to add more faces for some young players as well as my Career mode save signings..

Usually crash are due to custom faces (might be the hair add on, but it would be the first time I hear it). The way to identify the player causing the crash is to go into the game player editor and select the player of the teams that are causing the crash one by one. It will crash on the failing player.

Hey guys,
anyone ready and willing to chat with me the coming todays?! I’d like to speak in person and set up the game freshly together.
all the mods and patches and tools are downloaded and ready to be used! Would appreciate it big time. Just dm me. 👋

edit: i finally got it set up and guess I got it now. Controller profile is saved offline now, including me settings. Same with the German league as kickoff standard setting.

maybe I need help with the face importing. Database extracting?! Face.exe running. Database back in?!
And some of my players are bold. Maybe I need that hair mod installed as well.

@Anth James i installed the default wide 85 now.
did I get that right… I thought if use a cam mod, it’s replacing the standard cam. But I can copy the files and ingame I can still switch styles and you more works for those cams?! That’s why the 3 example pics in each folder?!
then I’m good… I guess… the default wide 85 at broadcast ist very nice. Zooms in so lovely at the start and has a cursor.
any huge differences between the default wides besides the distance/zoom? 85 looked a lot like broadcast close mod.

guess I’m good with the cursors now as well. 😊👋

Last edited:
HI Pap this links about the faces are the same that you post above #8591? or i need to download

both? thanks

Usually crash are due to custom faces (might be the hair add on, but it would be the first time I hear it). The way to identify the player causing the crash is to go into the game player editor and select the player of the teams that are causing the crash one by one. It will crash on the failing player.
The thing is, most of the games I play, the game may or may not get crashed. I always get 1 or 2 crashes per match and the next time I play the same match, I don't get any crash. Then to next match, same thing happens. In my career save, I only played 2 proper games without any crash. Now played a total of 5 PL matches and 2 CL matches. In it, 1 CL match and 3 PL matches have crashed (only for 1 or 2 times). I know the exact moment when the game crashes. It's like my player is close to the opponent team in a tackling situation. Suddenly my controller vibrates for 2 seconds, the game will stuck at the 2 players close to each other (very close in combat), then the game automatically quits.

The thing is, most of the games I play, the game may or may not get crashed. I always get 1 or 2 crashes per match and the next time I play the same match, I don't get any crash. Then to next match, same thing happens. In my career save, I only played 2 proper games without any crash. Now played a total of 5 PL matches and 2 CL matches. In it, 1 CL match and 3 PL matches have crashed (only for 1 or 2 times). I know the exact moment when the game crashes. It's like my player is close to the opponent team in a tackling situation. Suddenly my controller vibrates for 2 seconds, the game will stuck at the 2 players close to each other (very close in combat), then the game automatically quits.

Ok, that's weird... Content crash (model or texture) are usually happening when the game loads the files, at the training session just before a game starts. Are you using reshade or something? Could it be that your GPU gets too much load suddenly?

Ok, that's weird... Content crash (model or texture) are usually happening when the game loads the files, at the training session just before a game starts. Are you using reshade or something? Could it be that your GPU gets too much load suddenly?
At first, I thought it was Anth's Ball Physics Cheat Table and I'm not using it (even though I liked Version 1 of it). Then, I thought it has something to do with the FIFA 19 gameplay bin file (I'm still using it). I don't use Reshade (I personally don't like it). I don't think my GPU has a problem. There were no crashes when I first played the game for 2 days. Last 3 days are the days it got weird.

The Mods/Patches I'm using :-
FIFA Infinity Patch v5.2
FIFA 22 to 16 Starheads conversion
Generic Hair Addon for FIP
Your Gameplay Mod (19in + Debuglines and such)
Anth James' Ball Physics Cheat Table (still have it, not using it)

Hey guys,
anyone ready and willing to chat with me the coming todays?! I’d like to speak in person and set up the game freshly together.
all the mods and patches and tools are downloaded and ready to be used! Would appreciate it big time. Just dm me. 👋

edit: i finally got it set up and guess I got it now. Controller profile is saved offline now, including me settings. Same with the German league as kickoff standard setting.

maybe I need help with the face importing. Database extracting?! Face.exe running. Database back in?!
And some of my players are bold. Maybe I need that hair mod installed as well.

@Anth James i installed the default wide 85 now.
did I get that right… I thought if use a cam mod, it’s replacing the standard cam. But I can copy the files and ingame I can still switch styles and you more works for those cams?! That’s why the 3 example pics in each folder?!
then I’m good… I guess… the default wide 85 at broadcast ist very nice. Zooms in so lovely at the start and has a cursor.
any huge differences between the default wides besides the distance/zoom? 85 looked a lot like broadcast close mod.

guess I’m good with the cursors now as well. 😊👋
Mate, I also play with a Ps5 Controller on my Pc. I know Ds4 well but I usually use a better Controller Emulator for all my games on my Pc. Called rewasd. It emulates every Controller for Pc like Ps5, Dual Shock 4, Xbox Series Controllers and Even Switch Controller as Well.
You can test it with a trial for 7 days free. After the trial you only need to invest just 5€ for a lifetime membership. Imo best invested 5€ for my Pc. I know the issues with PlayStation Controllers and FIFA Games. That’s the main reason why I switched to rewasd. Take a look if you are interested.
https://www.rewasd.com/

Update on my issue : I think I'll quit playing FIFA 16 due to the crash issues. Why would I play matches if an obvious crash may happen later? It really annoying me. I can't take any match seriously in my career mode, anticipating whether it crash in the middle or not. It happened on 8 out of 10 matches already and the crash is just random as it gets. If the same matches getting crashed, just play it again and no crash in that match. But in the next match, the crash may happen again. This is so frustrating. :II

Update on my issue : I think I'll quit playing FIFA 16 due to the crash issues. Why would I play matches if an obvious crash may happen later? It really annoying me. I can't take any match seriously in my career mode, anticipating whether it crash in the middle or not. It happened on 8 out of 10 matches already and the crash is just random as it gets. If the same matches getting crashed, just play it again and no crash in that match. But in the next match, the crash may happen again. This is so frustrating. :II
Why don't you go for a fresh installation? Play vanilla, check if there are any CTDs and start adding one by one the mods.

Mate, I also play with a Ps5 Controller on my Pc. I know Ds4 well but I usually use a better Controller Emulator for all my games on my Pc. Called rewasd. It emulates every Controller for Pc like Ps5, Dual Shock 4, Xbox Series Controllers and Even Switch Controller as Well.
You can test it with a trial for 7 days free. After the trial you only need to invest just 5€ for a lifetime membership. Imo best invested 5€ for my Pc. I know the issues with PlayStation Controllers and FIFA Games. That’s the main reason why I switched to rewasd. Take a look if you are interested.
Thanks for the shout out, might give this a go, DS4Windows has some inconsistencies that become a real faff when playing certain games, especially when you're jumping between so many football games

Why don't you go for a fresh installation? Play vanilla, check if there are any CTDs and start adding one by one the mods.
I installed FIFA 16 few days ago. My installation was already vanilla and clean. I thought the same (to start again) as well. I'll try removing all and do everything again to see what went wrong. Thanks for the suggestion mate. :)

Had a look. Thanks.

I will stay with ds4windows for now.

https://www.saashub.com/compare-ds4windows-vs-rewasd

im just using the DS for FIFA 16 and MSFS. I like to be able to use the controllers trough pad as a mouse/trackpad. Comes in handy when playing from the living room and remote controlling the PC sitting in the play room.

I installed FIFA 16 few days ago. My installation was already vanilla and clean. I thought the same (to start again) as well. I'll try removing all and do everything again to see what went wrong. Thanks for the suggestion mate. :)
Did anything else change?! Windows updates slipping something in or reveting to an older state?!

Thanks for the shout out, might give this a go, DS4Windows has some inconsistencies that become a real faff when playing certain games, especially when you're jumping between so many football games
Exactly Mate! I was so happy after I found this Emulator 2 years ago. Ds4 is very bitchy sometimes. Rewasd needs no additional profile or remapping for any game. Just switch to so called Xbox 360 Profile and you are good to go. You can play FIFAs and you can play PES games. Only sometimes when I play really old games than there are the need of button remapping. But to be honest I need it in the last 2 years only twice to remap a configuration.
Let me know if you find it useful. 😉 What is your favorite Controller for playing Pc games?

Did anything else change?! Windows updates slipping something in or reveting to an older state?!
I'm not using W11. I'm on a custom W10 with all the necessary tweaks and configs for gaming. I just couldn't fix the crash issue on FIFA 16, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom