FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

This wasn't happening before you installed the generic hair add on?
That is kinda true. Because, I installed it after 2 days (before the first crash eventually happened). But still, couldn't confirm it unless I remove everything and start again. If you don't mind, is your modified DB necessary alongside with the generic hair? FYI, I'm using it as well.

That is kinda true. Because, I installed it after 2 days (before the first crash eventually happened). But still, couldn't confirm it unless I remove everything and start again. If you don't mind, is your modified DB necessary alongside with the generic hair? FYI, I'm using it as well.
Are you using the postfx.lua?

Not that, this is for LOD. It can help with faces/hairlod issues sometimes. Add this file into your data/fifarna/lua folder and regenerate - https://mega.nz/file/tYNATCaD#HjiSzeplubGMxi2YbfSDhTNbXX_opHCfoHWp245J8nw
Well, I did this. I played a kick-off match (10 Minute Halves as usual). The match was successfully over and it didn't crash. So, in 2 days, this is the 3rd match I successfully finished without any crashes. All the other matches within 3 days are crashed in between the matches. Hope this LOD mod fixed the issue. Need to test more though (in career mode as well). I'm going to upload Ronaldo's 2 goals from this Kick-off match in FIFA 16 Videos & Pictures thread now. :)

I'm not using W11. I'm on a custom W10 with all the necessary tweaks and configs for gaming. I just couldn't fix the crash issue on FIFA 16, unfortunately.
Alright. I’m on W10 as well.
I just don’t get it. Crashes not coming out of nowhere.
@bsmaff sorry to bother you, pal, you may have an idea!? I can’t let that fella alone with his non working FIFA16.

Edit: oh, should’ve read all the comments first. My fault. Nevermind. 👋

Fingers crossed it stays that way @DevPlays ! 🤞

Alright. I’m on W10 as well.
I just don’t get it. Crashes not coming out of nowhere.
@bsmaff sorry to bother you, pal, you may have an idea!? I can’t let that fella alone with his non working FIFA16.

Edit: oh, should’ve read all the comments first. My fault. Nevermind. 👋

Fingers crossed it stays that way @DevPlays ! 🤞
Well, thanks to @Anth James. I've applied his postfx.lua as well as deleted some cache and replay files in Documents folder. Now, the game isn't crashing! Played more than 5 matches (which includes 4+ CM matches and 1 Kick-Off match). It's really helpful to see and figure out the issues, thanks to the whole community encouraging to play this game. It's beautiful! :)

Bad news for me. The game is crashing again on the same scenario like before. If I delete the cache folders in Documents folder, it only fixes the issue for 2-3 matches. The crash will eventually happen again, unfortunately.

UPDATE : Also (accidentally) deleted the Man United career mode saves (deleted the 0 folder in Documents folder) 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Bad news for me. The game is crashing again on the same scenario like before. If I delete the cache folders in Documents folder, it only fixes the issue for 2-3 matches. The crash will eventually happen again, unfortunately.

UPDATE : Also (accidentally) deleted the Man United career mode saves (deleted the 0 folder in Documents folder) 🤦‍♂️
Such a strange one. I haven't heard of this happening before. Not during games in random moments consistently like that. You can't seem to narrow it down to a particular player coming off the bench or anything like that? A certain stadium?

Such a strange one. I haven't heard of this happening before. Not during games in random moments consistently like that. You can't seem to narrow it down to a particular player coming off the bench or anything like that? A certain stadium?
No mate, I couldn't find a particular situation other than the same situation where 2 players collide or in a tackling situation and suddenly the game crashes. It's very random and weird. I've clean installed everything again now. Need to test if it's still happening.

Hi, @DevPlays ! i had the same annoying problem like yours!
for me at some point it even came with this error:
Untitled.png
what is weird about this error is that i have 8GBs of RAM...
i dont remember what i did to fix it, or if i fixed it at all ( i havent played it for a few months) but you might try to look at my settings:
AUDIO_MIX_MODE = 0
CONFIG_APP_LOCALE = en-US
CONTROLLER_DEFAULT = 0
DISABLE_WINDAERO = 1
FULLSCREEN = 1
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG0_PROCESSORMHZ = 2695
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG1_LOWSCORE = 0
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG2_HIGHSCORE = 4
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG3_INTERPOLATOR = 0,318
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG4_CORESFACTOR = 1
GUESS_CPU_DEBUG5_FINAL_SCORE = 1,272
MSAA_LEVEL = 0
RENDERINGQUALITY = 2
RESOLUTIONHEIGHT = 1080
RESOLUTIONWIDTH = 1920
VOICECHAT = 0
WAITFORVSYNC = 0
you may also want to try to unlock fps in game settings and lock them to 60fps or whatever your refresh rate is in your nvidia/radeon driver panel.
i had same crashes like you, in the middle/second half of the game, from nowhere.
i also had v1.0 of the game and was using CG file server which doesnt let u use scoreboards and stadiums properly.
and i switched back to v1.7 because i couldnt notice big difference in gameplay, more like placebo, and the scoreboards/stadiums were more needed for me.
i dont know if the version of the game might be it but if other people here doesnt have problems with it i guess its not because of that.
let me know.

the only thing i feel that i don t really enjoy in Fifa , is the feel of the build up play, or the passing, in the other game it just has a different feeling stringing passes together in the build up play, in fifa passing feels very passive, with no feel when press the button, it s just different, if only i can make fifa have the same build up play feel of PES.
is there any way to make the flight of the ball and passing aspect feel very close to PES?

Could someone (some modders) modify the Broadcast camera of FIFA 16 to look more like the new EA Sports GameCam camera? Is there any tool to modify the zoom, height and angles of it?

Could someone (some modders) modify the Broadcast camera of FIFA 16 to look more like the new EA Sports GameCam camera? Is there any tool to modify the zoom, height and angles of it?
Unfortunately not. We have very limited control in some ways over FIFA 16 camera. We can't control angle, height or the tracking very much at all. This is why I've released the camera packages which are based on the replay camera angles (credit to @papinho81).

Anyone remember playing FIFA 19 in PS3?
It's the last official version released in Playstation 3 and used Ignite (FIFA 16 graphic engine).
Due to technical limitations, Playstation has been blessed with newer versions of the best games. After PES 6 and FIFA 16, it has received updated and improved versions of these two games, while keeping the same graphic motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: maz
Back
Top Bottom