FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

As a pro cam player, PC means uncapped FPS and at least not capped at 30FPS. I can't believe on current gen console the game is still running at 30FPS with this camera, plus with an ugly brownish allow around the ball carrier when the camera zoom in.

Also if the game is remotely less oriented towards 1vs1 (but there is absolutely no signs it will be the case), the possibility to edit the gameplay files is also a big plus.

sim você está certo. Lembro-me de ficar chateado no ano passado quando ficou claro que o PC não estava recebendo o tratamento da próxima geração, embora todos sabíamos que nossas máquinas seriam capazes de executá-lo.

Details and System Requirements added in #1 Post (OP). Special thanks to LM10.

The thing about Epic Games Store was correct. The game was literally "free" to pre-purchase (every edition) for the first 45 mins or so due to the glitch. It has been patched within a hour. Some of the lucky guys got that into their library as well.

So the superior game with nextgen hypermotion 2 can be handle by a gpu of 2016 with 2.1 teraflops
And a year before EA announce that pc cant handle the hypermotion...
So... I am missing something or they just idiots?

The "GPU limitation" to not release FIFA 22 next-gen was a clear marketing bullsh*t to sell consoles, my friend. I don't blame EA for prioritizing console versions though. In the end, they're doing their business. But don't treat PC users as kiddos telling us a there's a graphic card limitation, because as someone told before, every console game is developed in computer, they can optimize it with technologies like DLSS, and also, many of us, bought Crysis, back in the time you when you needed to change your computer, house, car and wife to run the game.

I remember those times when you needed a computer 2x or 3x faster than the one you had to play any upcoming game. Since 2018/19, there's a lack of hardware-pushing titles. Now, the software is the one reaching its limits first, and graphic engines are being optimized a lot, allowing you to run almost any game with a 1050.
May be I'm wrong, but I feel that with the e-sports trend, the desktop fanbase is growing and companies are taking consideration of PC users market again.

What if EA didn't release their NG Fifa on NG consoles, but released NG Fifa only on PC, then how much changes will happen to console sales?
I'm assuming that not much changes will happen.
NG consoles don't need any promotion in fact. You only to see sold-out and out of stock all year around.

It would make a better sense that EA just wanted to avoid a mass claim of refund from low-end PC users.
There still are many "under-1050TI" users at the moment.

It would make a better sense that EA just wanted to avoid a mass claim of refund from low-end PC users.
There still are many "under-1050TI" users at the moment.
I'm a GT 1030 user, which is the entry level card of Nvidia's Pascal Architecture (2017). GTX 1050Ti is also a pascal architecture GPU. So, yeah, there are still many entry level card users like me.

AFAIK, 50TI(unlike 50) is a mainstream class, whereas 50 is an entry.
GT(unlike GTX or RTX) series are not classified as gaming GPU by the way.(Possibly they can somehow manage to run games though)

50 - entry
50ti, 60 - main stream
60ti, 70 - performance
70ti, 80 - high end
80ti, 90 - flagship

Last edited:
AFAIK, 50TI(unlike 50) is a mainstream class, whereas 50 is an entry.
GT(unlike GTX or RTX) series are not classified as gaming GPU by the way.(Possibly they can somehow manage to run games though)

50 - entry
50ti, 60 - main stream
60ti, 70 - performance
70ti, 80 - high end
80ti, 90 - flagship
Yep, I know. That's why I said, it's an "entry-level" card.
GT 1030 is almost equivalent to GTX 750Ti and GTX 660 though. Also good in comparison of Team Red's RX 550. It's a win-win for the buck.

The "GPU limitation" to not release FIFA 22 next-gen was a clear marketing bullsh*t to sell consoles, my friend. I don't blame EA for prioritizing console versions though. In the end, they're doing their business. But don't treat PC users as kiddos telling us a there's a graphic card limitation, because as someone told before, every console game is developed in computer, they can optimize it with technologies like DLSS, and also, many of us, bought Crysis, back in the time you when you needed to change your computer, house, car and wife to run the game.

I remember those times when you needed a computer 2x or 3x faster than the one you had to play any upcoming game. Since 2018/19, there's a lack of hardware-pushing titles. Now, the software is the one reaching its limits first, and graphic engines are being optimized a lot, allowing you to run almost any game with a 1050.
May be I'm wrong, but I feel that with the e-sports trend, the desktop fanbase is growing and companies are taking consideration of PC users market again.
Well, the availability of new graphics cards is definitely much better now than 12 months ago.

Bad News

How does EA AntiCheat work?
In short, EAAC will activate when you launch FIFA 23 and will automatically close itself when FIFA 23 is closed. It engages with third-party applications attempting to interact with FIFA 23 in order to prevent external files and software from being injected into the game. This means that cheats and other software modifications, including community mods, may not be functional. Unfortunately, kernel-level cheating in PC gaming has become more popular with cheat developers in recent times, and these cheats are largely invisible to alternative, non-kernel level anticheat solutions. Protecting single player modes is key to protecting online modes as well, since many cheat developers nefariously tamper with single player files in order to build their cheats.

Additionally, EAAC will automatically uninstall itself when you uninstall FIFA 23, unless there is another EA game installed on the same computer that requires EAAC.

Source: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-23/news/pitch-notes-fifa-23-pc-faq?isLocalized=true

Bad News

In short, EAAC will activate when you launch FIFA 23 and will automatically close itself when FIFA 23 is closed. It engages with third-party applications attempting to interact with FIFA 23 in order to prevent external files and software from being injected into the game. This means that cheats and other software modifications, including community mods, may not be functional. Unfortunately, kernel-level cheating in PC gaming has become more popular with cheat developers in recent times, and these cheats are largely invisible to alternative, non-kernel level anticheat solutions. Protecting single player modes is key to protecting online modes as well, since many cheat developers nefariously tamper with single player files in order to build their cheats.

Additionally, EAAC will automatically uninstall itself when you uninstall FIFA 23, unless there is another EA game installed on the same computer that requires EAAC.

Source: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-23/news/pitch-notes-fifa-23-pc-faq?isLocalized=true

Welp, if mods don't work, then there is no point in buying the game. Back to fifa 15 and 16 I guess.

This means that cheats and other software modifications, including community mods, may not be functional. Unfortunately, kernel-level cheating in PC gaming has become more popular with cheat developers in recent times, and these cheats are largely invisible to alternative, non-kernel level anticheat solutions.

Is this the first kernel-based anti cheat? (edit: nope, but a first for fifa). I wouldn't buy the game anyway but this is big news I think. It can't be trivial to bypass it. Saying "community mods, may not be functional" is weird. The only way they can work now is if they have a think about it and explicitly allow certain assets to be modified. But the next sentence makes it seem highly unlikely:

Protecting single player modes is key to protecting online modes as well, since many cheat developers nefariously tamper with single player files in order to build their cheats.

This makes sense to me from when we were experimenting with Fifa 20. I would change variables in frosty and then search for them in memory to learn where things are kept, etc, so I assume that's what they mean. Just modifying seemingly innocent variables and data can help you gain insight into reverse engineering more things.

Last edited:
Reactions: mei
https://www.patreon.com/posts/69507421

EA AntiCheat (EAAC)

Because of this it might me the end of the cheat table & live editor. Maybe even the end of modding (at least until someone will bypass the anticheat first).

EAAC is an new anti cheat I think, don't know any other game using it, so pretty hard to say what to expect from it. Anti cheats may be very invasive (like the one used by Valorant) or something completely meaningless (like EasyAnticheat).

If you buy the game only to play with mods then you should wait a bit until the situation will establish. Don't preorder. :)

Ah, and I want to mention that if I won't find any method to bypass the EAAC which will allow me to continue the development over Live Editor then I'll just quit modding (idk if for a while or for good). Sticking for another year for "modding" FIFA 22 is not an option.

Why is kernel level anti-cheat needed?

This varies on a game-by-game basis. For games that are highly competitive and contain many online modes like FIFA 23, kernel-mode protection is absolutely vital. When cheat programs operate in kernel space, they can make their cheat functionally invisible to anti-cheat solutions that live in user-mode. Unfortunately, the last few years have seen a large increase in cheats and cheat techniques operating in kernel-mode, so the only reliable way to detect and block these is to have our anti-cheat operate there as well.

With FIFA 23, we’ll see new and exciting cross-play features. In addition to EAAC protecting our PC players from cheaters, our console players who match with PC opponents will also be protected from cheaters operating on PC platforms.

I only play single player modes on games like FIFA, why do I need EAAC?

Cheat developers use single player game modes to reverse-engineer a game, or experiment with tampered game files to help them develop a cheat then bring those alterations back into online multiplayer game modes. In addition to preventing active cheating during online play, EAAC also prevents cheat developers from using single player modes in these ways. Protecting single player game modes is necessary to hamper cheat development.

How do I know that EAAC is not introducing any security vulnerabilities to my PC?

Our Game Security & Anti-Cheat team is composed of some of the best security engineers in the world, and we are passionate about ensuring that our software does not cause any security vulnerabilities. Our anti-cheat engineering team performs daily testing and we continuously run security and penetration tests against EAAC internally.

But don’t just trust our word on this. We’ve also worked with independent, 3rd party security and privacy assessors to validate EAAC does not degrade the security posture of your PC and to ensure strict data privacy boundaries.

Although we’re confident that we’ve taken every possible precaution, we are monitoring and listening to any reports received to make sure that potential issues get addressed as quickly as possible.

Cheat developers use single player game modes to reverse-engineer a game, or experiment with tampered game files to help them develop a cheat then bring those alterations back into online multiplayer game modes. In addition to preventing active cheating during online play, EAAC also prevents cheat developers from using single player modes in these ways. Protecting single player game modes is necessary to hamper cheat development.

Smells like bullshit to me.

What's the point of having single player if I can't mod it? They should just release separate exes for multiplayer and single player modes then.

Also FIFA's LODs during gameplay always sucks. I have to modify the lod files every year to make them look decent during gameplay. So that alone is a big nope for me.

And if we can't add faces and kits/ modify the db files anymore, it's pretty much over for me. I would see no other reason to continue playing the game.

Bad News

Man I'm so, damn tired of this shit. They always find new ways to add insults to injuries.

Imagine if this was the politic for every football game we ever had. Imagine a world where modding does not exist as they so fervently dream.

Not that I wanted to buy it anyway, but that's the final nail on the coffin that even if by some miracle this thing was decent (and even here, how low did we set the bar to settle for "decent" or even "barely playable" lol) I wouldn't touch it with a stick.. they really don't deserve a dime. Enough is enough I guess. I'll come back spend money when somebody will have a product with me as a target.

Man I'm so, damn tired of this shit. They always find new ways to add insults to injuries.
Yeah it's really crap. This & eFootball being next to impossible to mod and then on top of that, modders locking mods behind pay walls of their own has completely ruined modding communities.

It used to be a real fun and exciting time to play football games on PC, you'd wake up checking the forums to see who's created something new & groundbreaking from a modding perspective, you'd get almost as excited for new mods & patches then you would for a new game.

Now it's either developers spiting these modding communities or it's modders themselves at war with eachother because of stealing or just not releasing unless it's for silly money.

Imagine if this was the politic for every football game we ever had. Imagine a world where modding does not exist as they so fervently dream.

It's another one we can attribute to the increasing influence of dumb competitive e-sports. As people get sucked in by these modes they complain day & night about cheaters (and on top of that, more people are strongly motivated to seek out ways to cheat). Look at e-football. There's more complaining about cheating than about the lack of modding. It must be pretty similar for Fifa outside this forum. So preventing modifications and use of cheating apps is now a higher priority than it's ever been in the past.

All because of little Tommy battling it out with little Johnny to see who's better at hitting some street fighter-like button combos, as if anyone cares.

But anyway, like we've said a million times already, offline and their dumb e-sports should be separate things entirely, because to be blunt, both games are so insultingly bad now as single player games, they're not even worth modding.

Last edited:
It's another one we can attribute to the increasing influence of dumb competitive e-sports.
Not to mention once you start messing with EA's money then that's when they'll take action.

Microtransactions are a result of the desire to continue playing online. If players get put off by cheating, they're less likely to carry on playing the game hence being less likely to spend more money on FUT packs.

EA know they have to appease these types of consumers very quickly.

People playing a modded game offline doesn't make EA any recurring money outside of buying the game initially.

Welp, guess FIFA 22 will be EA's PES 2021 then (unless their system is not as good as they think). Maybe they're developing this anti-cheat for when they lose the FIFA licence, to avoid copyright issues, but Konami hasn't had the same problem so 🤷‍♂️.

If they don't want people to mod the game, they should give users more options (they have even fewer than Madden rn) but I doubt they will.

FIFA 22 has the potential to be at least as good as modded PES 2021 IMO, but it will take some more mods to get there, so it's not all bad news.

Bad News

This is good news. Cheating on PC was so rampant, this was the only possibility of getting crossplay with the next-gen consoles.

Back
Top Bottom