FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

It does work, but it may only work for fifa mod manager, you take the files, copy paste them into your directory (usually a fifa23.exe, patch and data folder), then launch on fifa mod manager, and it works
You only need the fifa exe and patch folder. its worked like this for years. the problem is that on occasion the launcher used refuses to let you do this. Especially Steam/EA App/Epic etc.

At this point if you have a problem with gameplay direction then you just have to create your own mod to deal with it. Its not hard, just takes time.

Hi Guys, hi Paul. I am sick of EA´s useless Title Updates like all of you. With every Update from FIFA Games the gameplay gets worser and worser like every fu..... year and FIFA Version. Straight to unplayable no matter what could or would be done. So let me come now to the Intention of my Post here and now.

I own the Steam Version of FIFA 23 and FIFA 22. I searched those days intensive for an "possible" Solution to revert/rollback to an previous EA TU.
I found a Tool called DepotDownloader. YouTube Video I have linked below. It works by let you re-download an complete FIFA 23 Game Folder from any previous Title Update of FIFA 23. I tested it and it works with FIFA 23 and FIFA 22! I could play that way TU 4 and TU 2 of FIFA 23. Also for testing purpose I downloaded FIFA 22 TU 14 where I have still much working mods for it.
It´s an really easy 8 Step workaround by using the usual Steam DB Site where you can download with that Tool any previous Update Version of "any Steam Game" you own. Not only FIFA! Of course in that case I use it for FIFA 23.

Yeah, I know it´s not the all around Solution, especially for non Steam owners of FIFA 23. But I just thought it is worse sharing this for People like me having the Steam Version of the game. Just give it a try or not. It´s nothing fancy or illegal download Site. It´s official Steam DB Site where someone with the knownledge to create that Depot Downloader App.

Details you find in the You Tube Video included 2 links, one for the Tool and the other for the SteamDB Website which you must enter for successful previous Update Version of FIFA 23.
Idk how many having the Steam Version of the game and if there is an interest of the Tool. Anyway, if @Paul-v think this Post is useless feel free to delete my Post or just let me know if I should do it by myself. I don´t know where else I should put that Post while reading the words "previous Update" in Paul´s thread. :))

I just hope it helps some of you Guys which having not made an backup of an previous TU of the game.

YOu Tube Video with detailed explanation how to use the tool and in Video description below are the github Downloadlink of the Tool. The link should still lead to the tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8KNOeLqyY&list=PLqT0hIP3bzfWAqZTANLRnIu_5fmqAAwHN&index=1&t=321s

Guys, I'm having issues with the goalnets..they look so 'blurry'
I tried so many different screen settings on my 4k tv , everything else looks good..only the goalnet texture are looking very bad..maybe someone has an idea where it is coming from?
Thanks in advance!

@papinho81 @BillyKong Hey Guys, same for me, with TU 5 I had my best experience with Paul´s Gameplay mod. I found this Post here on Page 14 in Paul´s thread. It´s a fully TU 5 downgrade download with everything you need. I downloaded and installed the Files into my FIFA 23 Game Folder and it works.

This way you come around about the "little longer Process" with DepotDownloader" for only Steam version. This way I could play all my fifamods again on TU 5 with FET and of course also with Paul´s FMT thanks to @Milkscene

Idk @papinho81 if it´s possible to play with Origin Version any of the older TU of FIFA 23? With FIFA 16 you know it´s possible with exe Version 1.0. Just give a try. Maybe you can play again with TU 5.

Here is the download link from the thread. It´s still available, I just tested it right now.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fifa-23-mods-fmt-only.92291/post-3916012

@papinho81 @BillyKong Hey Guys, same for me, with TU 5 I had my best experience with Paul´s Gameplay mod. I found this Post here on Page 14 in Paul´s thread. It´s a fully TU 5 downgrade download with everything you need. I downloaded and installed the Files into my FIFA 23 Game Folder and it works.

This way you come around about the "little longer Process" with DepotDownloader" for only Steam version. This way I could play all my fifamods again on TU 5 with FET and of course also with Paul´s FMT thanks to @Milkscene

Idk @papinho81 if it´s possible to play with Origin Version any of the older TU of FIFA 23? With FIFA 16 you know it´s possible with exe Version 1.0. Just give a try. Maybe you can play again with TU 5.

Here is the download link from the thread. It´s still available, I just tested it right now.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fifa-23-mods-fmt-only.92291/post-3916012

If you are using TU5 and want the latest squad update, here you go:

If you are using TU5 and want the latest squad update, here you go:
Thanks Mate! And yeah I am playing with TU 5 at the moment. I mix, sometimes playing with Paul´s FMT and his GP and Career mod the other time playing with FET. What works still on TU 5 is Paul´s FET Mod. It´s this one: V Gameplay Mod - v2 - Final
I previously thought I can´t play a good GP mod with FET, but Paul´s v2 is awesome. It let the AI behave really clever and didn´t press you at the the line of your box like in default. Like in real football you can sometimes reach the midline and than the AI attacks you. Just fantastic to see this on your screen. Also the AI shoots from wide range, sometimes 20-25 meters away from my goal. A little bit dribbling too much from AI on the wings but I already started a Career with Juventus and just the fact that my first 2 Season games are not overhelmed with plenty of goals here and there shows me this time I can reach a full season again without giving up because your goals for and against you are not at 55:54 after half the Season. :-)
I played 2 x 6 Minutes and I lost my first game just 0:1 and my second leads to an 1:2 against Sampdoria.

So I can recommend if someone wanna play with his FET mods, Paul´s v2 Gameplay is the best for that Tool. You can download it still from his downloadlinks he provided in his thread.

Thanks Mate! And yeah I am playing with TU 5 at the moment. I mix, sometimes playing with Paul´s FMT and his GP and Career mod the other time playing with FET. What works still on TU 5 is Paul´s FET Mod. It´s this one: V Gameplay Mod - v2 - Final
I previously thought I can´t play a good GP mod with FET, but Paul´s v2 is awesome. It let the AI behave really clever and didn´t press you at the the line of your box like in default. Like in real football you can sometimes reach the midline and than the AI attacks you. Just fantastic to see this on your screen. Also the AI shoots from wide range, sometimes 20-25 meters away from my goal. A little bit dribbling too much from AI on the wings but I already started a Career with Juventus and just the fact that my first 2 Season games are not overhelmed with plenty of goals here and there shows me this time I can reach a full season again without giving up because your goals for and against you are not at 55:54 after half the Season. :-)
I played 2 x 6 Minutes and I lost my first game just 0:1 and my second leads to an 1:2 against Sampdoria.

So I can recommend if someone wanna play with his FET mods, Paul´s v2 Gameplay is the best for that Tool. You can download it still from his downloadlinks he provided in his thread.

I have to try Paul's v2 Gameplay. I have been playing with v3 so far and honestly enjoying it.

For everyone like myself who wanna use Reshade in games I have maybe something interesting. If this is posted in any of the 34 Sites of this thread before or on another Place here in the Forum just point me in that direction, Guys.

But I discovered yesterday it´s possible to have a working reshade Library in FIFA 23 too! You need just to rename the "official" Reshade dll called dxgi.dll into d3d11.dll. That´s it!
This way the Game doesn´t delete the necessary dll after you start the game and have reshade installed the usual way. I read about that renaming of dll´s previously in reshade Forum, but to be honest I never thought it could work that easy with EA´s Anticheat Cavalerie which we all love this Season. :))

Here are some Screenshots, Guys to proof the Reshade GUI pops up in the Game after renaming the dll in the Game Folder. I started to tweak with my own Reshade Preset which I always use in FIFA 21 and FIFA 22. It needs to be tweaked a lot to make it better looking in FIFA 23. The Screenshots are ways oversaturated with green Pitch color. So please don´t put the blame on me. It´s just for showcasing. :D

I leave the official Reshade downloadlink here in my Post, so you can start tweaking your own Preset if you are interested in. FYI I don´t use any Turf Mod or lightning mod from the community like Endo´s great work. It´s just the pure Pitch from default FIFA 23. I just mix both Modding Tools FET and FMT in my screenshots because I tried the reshade with both Tools.
Reshade is 100% free to download:

https://reshade.me/?ref=vgtimes

So here are some Screenshots now. If you have any Questions just let me know.

Screeshot links @ ImgBB: https://ibb.co/album/y01Wnp

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).png

Does anyone at all have the same experience as me that running the EA App completely chokes up their computer? Like even opening file explorer freezes up the computer. I run Fences on Windows 10 and it just disappears like my GPU can't handle running it. I have never seen any program do this to my desktop and I've run 3 projects at once in Premiere whil using Photoshop and several tabs open in Edge. What is this ridiculous memory hog program, why does it act like this, and does anyone else have this too?
I've asked over on the EA forums and naturally nobody is replying.

I had my mates over last night for beers, whiskey and pizza. two of them brought their DS controller so wie hooked them up to windows (to my surprise it worked flawless this time using Bluetooth).
So we sat down 1.5 meter in front of my 55” TV and played 16 min matches against each other (tournament style). On FUMA!
I forced them to use my settings or go eat pizza. 😂
When fuma clicked for them, we had lovely matches thanks to Paul‘s mod! 💪
3:0, 1:0, 2:1… some fouls, some funny/buggy moments, some awesome goals, a lot of wasted shots and passes… and a hell lot of banter and fun! 🥳

E07A6308-48B4-47BF-BC36-79D41DD1AC85.gif

so when I read this comment of Paul this morning: https://evoweb.uk/threads/ea-sports-fc-2023-release.93459/post-3922226
…i had a thought. Yes, two guys last night were moaning about player transfers or some gfx stuff… and that’s important to them.
In the end though, they sure noticed what FIFA couldve been, when a more realistic gameplay approach was taken.

Had a great night with friends and video game football. Loved it. Still do! 😊

Just wanted to share and say: have a good Sunday y’all! 👋

edit: one of the coolest gameplay aspects was (and I noticed this when not playing, but watching two of my friends playing) the free ball and how it bounced and deflected. 🥳 what fun to see this game alife! 👏

edit2: did I mention I’m a happy chappy now on PC, with 60fps cutscenes and all that physics power delivered to my living room TV in 4k!? 😍

edit3: I’m saying all this, when I’m not enjoying watching football on tv and the whole thing anymore. I just like to play the video game of a sport i once loved endlessly.
…and yes, it’s basically just bringing back the old days a bit. 😉

Last edited:
I had my mates over last night for beers, whiskey and pizza. two of them brought their DS controller so wie hooked them up to windows (to my surprise it worked flawless this time using Bluetooth).
So we sat down 1.5 meter in front of my 55” TV and played 16 min matches against each other (tournament style). On FUMA!
I forced them to use my settings or go eat pizza. 😂
When fuma clicked for them, we had lovely matches thanks to Paul‘s mod! 💪
3:0, 1:0, 2:1… some fouls, some funny/buggy moments, some awesome goals, a lot of wasted shots and passes… and a hell lot of banter and fun! 🥳

View attachment 203379

so when I read this comment of Paul this morning: https://evoweb.uk/threads/ea-sports-fc-2023-release.93459/post-3922226
…i had a thought. Yes, two guys last night were moaning about player transfers or some gfx stuff… and that’s important to them.
In the end though, they sure noticed what FIFA couldve been, when a more realistic gameplay approach was taken.

Had a great night with friends and video game football. Loved it. Still do! 😊

Just wanted to share and say: have a good Sunday y’all! 👋

edit: one of the coolest gameplay aspects was (and I noticed this when not playing, but watching two of my friends playing) the free ball and how it bounced and deflected. 🥳 what fun to see this game alife! 👏

edit2: did I mention I’m a happy chappy now on PC, with 60fps cutscenes and all that physics power delivered to my living room TV in 4k!? 😍

edit3: I’m saying all this, when I’m not enjoying watching football on tv and the whole thing anymore. I just like to play the video game of a sport i once loved endlessly.
…and yes, it’s basically just bringing back the old days a bit. 😉
Great posting this , jealous! Haha
Enjoy!

Hi ! I have a question, I hesitate to buy fifa 23 with current mods on PC.
Will the current mods also be valid with future game updates?
Thank's

I have in the past yeah, not sure I can recommend it tbh, I only used 3 of the mods and don't think it's great value for money.
In the meantime I downloaded the free Version. It´s like you said there are 2 mods, broadcast cam and EA Sports Cam. Both mods are having a lot of mods within. Like Turf mod a.e. I tried the mods and the Camera mod is good. But no need to buy the full mod just because of having the mods in single format.

Is there a fix for the fast gamespeed?

this is the case :

- looking gameplays on YouTube gamespeed is good
- playing on 144hz monitor is super fast even on slow gamespeed (having 141 fps all the time stable)
- limiting fps to 60 its getting really laggy but speed is good like on YouTube
- in game limiter does nothing

Is there a fix for the fast gamespeed?

this is the case :

- looking gameplays on YouTube gamespeed is good
- playing on 144hz monitor is super fast even on slow gamespeed (having 141 fps all the time stable)
- limiting fps to 60 its getting really laggy but speed is good like on YouTube
- in game limiter does nothing
This is placebo, the game speed can't be different just because you're getting more FPS. Otherwise it would be impossible to play online with a 144 Hz monitor against a console user.

For everyone like myself who wanna use Reshade in games I have maybe something interesting. If this is posted in any of the 34 Sites of this thread before or on another Place here in the Forum just point me in that direction, Guys.

But I discovered yesterday it´s possible to have a working reshade Library in FIFA 23 too! You need just to rename the "official" Reshade dll called dxgi.dll into d3d11.dll. That´s it!
This way the Game doesn´t delete the necessary dll after you start the game and have reshade installed the usual way. I read about that renaming of dll´s previously in reshade Forum, but to be honest I never thought it could work that easy with EA´s Anticheat Cavalerie which we all love this Season. :))

Here are some Screenshots, Guys to proof the Reshade GUI pops up in the Game after renaming the dll in the Game Folder. I started to tweak with my own Reshade Preset which I always use in FIFA 21 and FIFA 22. It needs to be tweaked a lot to make it better looking in FIFA 23. The Screenshots are ways oversaturated with green Pitch color. So please don´t put the blame on me. It´s just for showcasing. :D

I leave the official Reshade downloadlink here in my Post, so you can start tweaking your own Preset if you are interested in. FYI I don´t use any Turf Mod or lightning mod from the community like Endo´s great work. It´s just the pure Pitch from default FIFA 23. I just mix both Modding Tools FET and FMT in my screenshots because I tried the reshade with both Tools.
Reshade is 100% free to download:

https://reshade.me/?ref=vgtimes

So here are some Screenshots now. If you have any Questions just let me know.

Screeshot links @ ImgBB: https://ibb.co/album/y01Wnp

View attachment 201886View attachment 201887View attachment 201888View attachment 201889
hello my friend , i tried this method but still nothing i am usn fifa mod manager can you help me with this ?

Back
Top Bottom