FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

I use the Dualsense on PC with Fifa 23 too. The trick for me is to start Origin from Steam (just add it as local application in the Steam library). Steam supports the Dualsense and so does Fifa when you launch it that way..
Yeah, I have origin already added to steam. Will give this another try via steam and without ds4windows.

edit: you are using the dualshock, controller via Bluetooth, correct?!

Last edited:
Yeah, I have origin already added to steam. Will give this another try via steam and without ds4windows.

edit: you are using the dualshock, controller via Bluetooth, correct?!
No, currently I use the PS5 controller (Dualsense is it?) Connected via Bluetooth and launching using Steam. The dualshock used to work with DS4windows alone without Steam if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
No, currently I use the PS5 controller (Dualsense is it?) Connected via Bluetooth and launching using Steam. The dualshock used to work with DS4windows alone without Steam if I remember correctly.
Yeah, PS5 controller is called dualsense. PS4 was called dualshock.
Alright, so windows Bluetooth. Ok.
did you set the controller up in big picture mode or the regular controller settings (found in steam settings), and what did you set the games controller setting to?

appreciate the support bud! 💪

Yeah, PS5 controller is called dualsense. PS4 was called dualshock.
Alright, so windows Bluetooth. Ok.
did you set the controller up in big picture mode or the regular controller settings (found in steam settings), and what did you set the games controller setting to?

appreciate the support bud! 💪
I didn't change any of the settings in Steam. The controller is shown in the general controller settings if connected correctly. In the same settings the checkbox for "Playstation Configuration Assistant" was enabled. I never touched big picture mode. It worked out of the box.
Sometimes the mouse cursor seems to interfere with the gamepad controls.The digipad inputs are not correct. Then I move the cursor up the screen and it works normal again. This could be a bluetooth issue though because I use a bluetooth keyboard alongside the Dualsense.

I didn't change any of the settings in Steam. The controller is shown in the general controller settings if connected correctly. In the same settings the checkbox for "Playstation Configuration Assistant" was enabled. I never touched big picture mode. It worked out of the box.
Sometimes the mouse cursor seems to interfere with the gamepad controls.The digipad inputs are not correct. Then I move the cursor up the screen and it works normal again. This could be a bluetooth issue though because I use a bluetooth keyboard alongside the Dualsense.
It’s working now. Controller via steam, no extra tools used.
My problem with the controller had its roots in my other hardware (wheel, wheel base and pedals) being connected to my computer. When I disable those, my dualsense is registered as player 1 and all the settings (ingame and controller) will be saved!! Love it!! 💪
Thx for your support! 👍

And here I am with the next challenge, probably the last for now. 😊

I’m having the game run on a 1440p screen (via dp) and want to duplicate that image to my 4K tv via usb-c HDMI adapter.
i can mirror the 1440p image in 1440p but I want a 4K image on my tv.
When I set the monitor resolution to 4K, the tv gets delivered a 4K image. Ingame is still set to 1440p. Thing is, I can’t get full screen to work. On PC screen and tv it’s not gonna go to fullscreen. It still looks like windowed borderless. I wouldn’t mind but the performance in windowed and windowed borderless is massively bellow fullscreen. Any ideas?!
maybe @bsmaff can help me?! 😊

edit: is it possible to set the ingame resolution to 4K?!

Can't help sorry.
If you're duplicating displays it will just default to the lowest resolution screen.

The only way it might work is, if you have an Nvidia GFX card, you might be able to use Super Resolution to get 4K to display on the 4K screen.

Another update.

Title Update #7 is now available for the PC (EA app/Origin/Steam/Epic Games Store) version of FIFA 23.
FIFA Ultimate Team™
Addressed the following issues:
  • When returning from Transfer Market Live Search Results after performing a search using search filters, those filters could have incorrectly returned to their default settings.
    • This issue was previously listed on the EASF Tracker.
  • Player Items sometimes displayed incorrectly on the Transfer Recommendations tile.
Gameplay
Made the following change:
  • Adjusted corner kick positioning for the attacking team so that taller players are more likely to place themselves in attack-oriented positions.
  • Improved referee logic when deciding to call for an offside when the offending player was outside of the pitch’s playing area.
  • In some rare situations, a requested pass would not be performed by the ball carrier.
  • In rare cases, some tackling animations did not play correctly.
  • Sometimes, an Outside Of The Foot Shot animation did not occur when the shot was requested correctly.
General, Audio, and Visual
Made the following changes:
  • Added the ability for players to automatically download the latest visual assets such as balls, kits, and more, without a Title Update.
    • An automatic download can occur when starting the title or when entering modes.
    • When a download is taking place, a message will appear on screen.
    • Downloads can be manually canceled by following the on screen button prompt, but note that some downloads may be required for online play.
  • Update some kits, badges, player portraits, and tifos.
  • Playtime Match Limit messages could not be closed when a set limit was reached.
    • This issue was previously listed on the EASF Tracker.
  • [PC Only] Addressed instances of an EA anticheat stability issue that could have prevented the title from launching in some cases.
  • On some save screens, EA Social was unintentionally available.
  • [PC Only] Known issue: Please note that cross-play will be unavailable until this Title Update is released to other platforms in the near future.
Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 23 season, we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available. Be sure to follow EAFIFADIRECT on Twitter and the EASF Tracker for the latest updates.
  • The EA SPORTS FIFA Team

Hey Paul, im very good with the prior version and your second latest mod. I shouldn’t update, right!?
I have fifa blocked now anyway… so no ingame updates. What about the steam update then?!
I dont have FIFA on Steam but if its like other games as long as you have Steam Auto-Update off, it should be OK. But I am not 99% certain on that.

Hey Paul, im very good with the prior version and your second latest mod. I shouldn’t update, right!?
I have fifa blocked now anyway… so no ingame updates. What about the steam update then?!
I'm on TU7 and 3A5 and everything works great, so I would say, don't touch it. EA could eventually release an update that completely kills any chance of modding and then getting back to a prior update could be difficult.

Just bought it on Steam as it was on sale and wanted to try it out with some mods, but the game wont go full screen and is stuck at 1080p resolution despite changing the fifasetup.ini file to either 2560x1440 or 3840x2160. Also I have two GPU's in my system - a 3070Ti and 5700XT. For some reason it keeps defaulting to using the 5700XT even though my DP switcher is on the 3070Ti and I can confirm it is via Display Properties. I have set the application up within Nvidia Control Panel and even launched it through Geforce Experience but I can tell its not working because if I change it to borderless window or whatever its called in the game settings it crashes and says the following:

DirectX Error:

DirectX function 'GetDeviceRemovedReason' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (The GPU will not respond to more commands)'. GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Between this and the requirement of SecureBoot I'm close to refunding it. Thanks!

Just keep an eye on your time, while trying to get set up, (maybe boot the game in Steam and log out to bypass???) before your two hour refund window is up. Wish I could help but good luck, I messed up on the EA anti cheat install caveat on the free weekend they did, downloading 40GB for nothing in the end.

Just keep an eye on your time, while trying to get set up, (maybe boot the game in Steam and log out to bypass???) before your two hour refund window is up. Wish I could help but good luck, I messed up on the EA anti cheat install caveat on the free weekend they did, downloading 40GB for nothing in the end.
Yeah good advice friend.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on the 2hr window.

Managed to get the game working fine after disabling my 5700XT in Device Manager (which I shouldn’t have to do if the EA devs fixed dual GPU support which has been broken apparently since 2019) and my first match ended up 4-3 with 2 penalties (Liverpool vs Aston Villa).

Felt like a basketball match at times and in one of the goals I was able to get Fabinho to dribble from the half way line to the 6 yard box and score (World Class difficulty and default sliders) which just felt ridiculous.

Got Paul-v’s gameplay mod working first time and managed to play it for another 10 mins. Much much better with his mod but it crashed during a cross which I know is an issue at the moment with the latest Title Update. So I tried reverting back to TU5 but the game just refuses to launch now.

So between the GPU issues, the basketball, ice skating arcadey default gameplay and the damn requirement for Secure Boot which breaks my MacOS and Linux partitions I’m refunding the game haha! Two hours well spent!

At least the nets were nice though! 🤣

Yeah good advice friend.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on the 2hr window.

Managed to get the game working fine after disabling my 5700XT in Device Manager (which I shouldn’t have to do if the EA devs fixed dual GPU support which has been broken apparently since 2019) and my first match ended up 4-3 with 2 penalties (Liverpool vs Aston Villa).

Felt like a basketball match at times and in one of the goals I was able to get Fabinho to dribble from the half way line to the 6 yard box and score (World Class difficulty and default sliders) which just felt ridiculous.

Got Paul-v’s gameplay mod working first time and managed to play it for another 10 mins. Much much better with his mod but it crashed during a cross which I know is an issue at the moment with the latest Title Update. So I tried reverting back to TU5 but the game just refuses to launch now.

So between the GPU issues, the basketball, ice skating arcadey default gameplay and the damn requirement for Secure Boot which breaks my MacOS and Linux partitions I’m refunding the game haha! Two hours well spent!

At least the nets were nice though! 🤣
It's weird how no-one moves at all hey! That aspect really hits you after playing some different football games....everyone just stands there 'turned off'.

What are the instructions for reverting to a previous Title Update? TU7 just came out and I want to revert to TU5. I have grabbed the files that @Milkscene kindly provided.

I have the game on Steam and have turned off auto updates and I'm offline on Origin as well. I have TU5 Patch folder, FIFA 23 exe and FIFA 23 Trial exe and have replaced them in my FIFA 23 install directory but whenever I start the game it just pops up with EA Anticheat and then doesn't start. Am I missing another step?

What are the instructions for reverting to a previous Title Update? TU7 just came out and I want to revert to TU5. I have grabbed the files that @Milkscene kindly provided.
That can't really be done as far as I know.
But if it can, I'm happy to learn.

It does work, but it may only work for fifa mod manager, you take the files, copy paste them into your directory (usually a fifa23.exe, patch and data folder), then launch on fifa mod manager, and it works

Hi I have a problem I downloaded fifa23 via ea app , but when I start the game I get a message: basically it tells me to try again because it was recently accessed from multiple computers, how can I solve it? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom