FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

Which sliders are you using? CPU scoring too many goals, yeah gK could be it, shot speed could be it. What's the shot:goal ratio? They may be creating just too many chances as well.

For example, I actually raise Sprint speed on World Class slow for the OS sliders. The difference between 51, 52 and 55 are significant. When the CPU is empowered via Sprint, they do all sorts of things to their benefit.

Here's a video vs Sprint 55 CPU

Video vs Sprint 52 CPU

Regrettably, I didn't take note of the stats as I was so annoyed at the game. Let me run a game quickly and share them here. Maybe it gives more insight (I do play FUMA if this is a factor or not)

Edit: if I jog my memory, I seem to remember somewhere between 25-31 shots from the AI. I've attached my slider settings. User First Touch error is 70, same as AI

Edit 2: Just done Lazio v AC Milan (World Class). Lost 3-2. I'll post images of the stats for you to see if it helps. I feel like the pace has quickened and the AI are now more deadly in front of goal with regards to being on target

Attachments

• 1878a81b0e353-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a81b0e353-screenshotUrl.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 1878a81cbeb35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a81cbeb35-screenshotUrl.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1878a81e45046-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a81e45046-screenshotUrl.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1878a81f96137-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a81f96137-screenshotUrl.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 1878a98994f98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a98994f98-screenshotUrl.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 41
  • 1878a98bea932-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a98bea932-screenshotUrl.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1878a98d32775-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1878a98d32775-screenshotUrl.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Regrettably, I didn't take note of the stats as I was so annoyed at the game. Let me run a game quickly and share them here. Maybe it gives more insight (I do play FUMA if this is a factor or not)
Hello

I'm a FUMA player too and I haven't this kind of problem.
80 is high enough I think but 50 is very low for a FIFA 23 Goalkeeper sliders. Mine is AT 75 for examples.

But I think you have another problem. With a better goal you will have a lower score but still too many occasions.

I worked on a new version of my sliders.

It's a match between Chelsea Vs Spurs

What do you think?

Édit : I saw your powerbar, 70 is too too high. Try 55 max.

Hello

I'm a FUMA player too and I haven't this kind of problem.
80 is high enough I think but 50 is very low for a FIFA 23 Goalkeeper sliders. Mine is AT 75 for examples.

But I think you have another problem. With a better goal you will have a lower score but still too many occasions.

I worked on a new version of my sliders.

It's a match between Chelsea Vs Spurs

What do you think?

Édit : I saw your powerbar, 70 is too too high. Try 55 max.
Very late here, so I'll check out your sliders in the morning. But with regards to the GK, I have it at this as I'm a player who likes taking long shots. If I put the keeper too high, then I can basically only score from within the box. As stated above, my main issue is the AI. I'm wondering if I should be changing sliders for the AI so they match similar to my stats. My main reason for FUMA is also if I play with assisted, the game then is too easy. And I don't want to bump it up to the cheat-fest that is Legendary. But maybe a compromise of yours and Matt's sliders is what's needed. The annoying thing is about 2-3 updates ago, I had the sliders in the perfect spot for me.

Very late here, so I'll check out your sliders in the morning. But with regards to the GK, I have it at this as I'm a player who likes taking long shots. If I put the keeper too high, then I can basically only score from within the box. As stated above, my main issue is the AI. I'm wondering if I should be changing sliders for the AI so they match similar to my stats. My main reason for FUMA is also if I play with assisted, the game then is too easy. And I don't want to bump it up to the cheat-fest that is Legendary. But maybe a compromise of yours and Matt's sliders is what's needed. The annoying thing is about 2-3 updates ago, I had the sliders in the perfect spot for me.
I'm a long shots lover too so I understand.
A highter GK slider helps for having less stupid goals, that's all mate.

You can score screamers or nice goals too

https://youtu.be/lv1jvEv7c7Q

The cpu can playing nice too

I'm a long shots lover too so I understand.
A highter GK slider helps for having less stupid goals, that's all mate.

You can score screamers or nice goals too

https://youtu.be/lv1jvEv7c7Q

The cpu can playing nice too
Maybe I'll have a try of your sliders to see how it works. The reason for my power bar being high is I have a bad habit to under-hit the pass. I've been playing football games for 25 years where a little tap of pass was enough. This seems to work better for me tbh 😁

Maybe I'll have a try of your sliders to see how it works. The reason for my power bar being high is I have a bad habit to under-hit the pass. I've been playing football games for 25 years where a little tap of pass was enough. This seems to work better for me tbh 😁
Ok I understand. But it seems that a high power bar increases the game speed too.

Ok I understand. But it seems that a high power bar increases the game speed too.
Tried with a couple of games. First, Mallorca v Elche (I was Elche). Lost 3-0, difficult to break through on goal but it did reduce the shot attempts overall. The 3 goals came in the first half, so maybe just me getting used to the new settings? Second was Toulouse v PSG (testing if I'm the better team), 1-0 down, came back to 2-1. They scored second half to make 2-2, and then an Mbappe header with the last touch of the game won it for me. I think the sliders are now better than before, thanks 😁

Hi folks

I hope everybody is fine!
Since the last two updates, the game became more and more speed, CPU wants to go forward everytime.
So I decide to calm it down to recover a nice gameplay

So this is my 7th version of my sliders!

Saturator V7 for nextgen with strategy and control settings

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 2/2
Acceleration : 50/50 or 46/50 with analogic stick acceleration
Shot error : 55/68
Pass error : 55/68 or 55/55 for a harder game
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 65/65
Injury severity : 30/30
GK Ability : 75/75
Marking : 65/65
Run frequency : 30/20
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
Line Width : 48/48
FB Positioning : 50/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 75/76 or 70/65 for a harder game

I do changes in bold for having a better battle field, slower game speed and more variations in CPU games

Examples of full matches with my V7 (100% FUMA)

Chelsea Vs United (career match)

Juventus Vs Inter Milan

Real Vs PSG

Benfica Vs FC Porto

AFC Wimbledon Vs Newport County (English D4)

A WTF Owngoal for the CPU

A nice freekick for the CPU

Last edited:
Some shorts videos to show you some nice actions from me and cpu :

- Diving header from me

-Vlahovic technical goal

- CPU cross and acrobatic goal

-Great construction goal from CPU

-CPU Mbappé incredible goal

-Locatelli screamer long shot

Di Maria class goal

Milik good touch goal

So I used to think it was a placebo but I have also suffered from the sliders not working bug lately. I even tried Kick Off and noticed that after 3/4 games that the sliders seemed to get bugged, as if the game sped up exponentially.

I did some testing and I found that it wasn't the sliders bugging out but the game seemed to set 'Attributes" at default even when the "Classic" option was selected. This Attributes feature adds boosts to players which in turn means everyone is playing with boosted stats. This makes the game appear bugged but actually is just the result of having 22 players with boosted stats. This results in a much faster and almost default game pace feeling.

I'm not sure how or if this applies to career mode but there is definately something strange going on with these bugs.

Hello everybody

I Hope you're ok

I have finished a new version of my sliders. It's another direction.
The focus was on the IA : having a real midfield game, better feeling and more variation.
You can playing it at night, the speed bug was dicreased a lot.
I will make a video with some full matches today.

Hello everybody
I hope you are fine.

I have made a lot of matchs to improve my sliders V7.
FIFA 23 was too speed and we can go too quickly to a goal to the opposite goal.
So I have slowdown the game tempo to have a more realistic game.

Tell me if you prefer this version or the V7

Sliders Saturator V8 :

Offline : yes, not connected to EA Servers
World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI
Pass speed : 15/0 (0 for the CPU slowdown the game and you can play on the evening)
GK Ability : 75/75
First touch control error : 75/81 or 75/76 for a harder game

Sliders V8 in Englsih

Best of actions or goals from me or CPU volume 3 FUMA V8

AC Milan Vs Inter Milan

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid

Manchester City Vs Liverpool

Last edited:
is it me or the game just feels easier after the update? even with saturator sliders? im on assisted though

is it me or the game just feels easier after the update? even with saturator sliders? im on assisted though
Hello Hatrickhero.
I have the opposite feeling : the game is harder on WC and FUMA. If you played FUTO, you need to increases your first touch control error slider to 81/81 and shoot/pass error to 65/68.

My sliders are for FUMA and semi with a lot of manuel settings.

Hi folks
The end of FIFA 23 is near.
So I have made two compilations
Young people want shorts videos so I made an one hour and a half video🤣
I made a short one with only CPU action

Enjoy!

Long compilation with nice actions on FUMA V8

Highlights of CPU actions

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 6/22/23 | 10:04 PM CST --

The Final Version

Right, so the last couple of weeks have been a bit of a testing phase that I have really enjoyed. Huge kudos to the main slider testers that I trust a whole bunch, and overall I think we have something absolutely incredible at the moment.

First things first, I'd highly suggest playing the game on the slow settings for the WC and Leg sets. The majority of testing was done on WC Slow, and even if you a regular pace player, you really won't regret playing on slow considering we have areas where the animations are smoother as a result of the changes.

The main change of the set is the significant bump to 40 pass speed. Out of context, it doesn't make sense why we'd go to such a higher pass speed, but relative to the Sprint, Acc and Pass Error values, it just works so well. No longer is the ball going to just die at the players feet, or feel like the ball is being absorbed into their bodies. No, in fact, the players have to control the ball and master it, like the actual beautiful game teaches us at an early age. Control the football. You will see just so many incredible interactions as a result. From massive deflections, to balls over the top, to switching the field, to simple overhit through balls.

Within context of the sliders, the 40 pass speed works because of the Sprint value. We tested Sprint at 55 for such a long time and we were completely frustrated how it played. The CPU kept trying to go up and down the pitch - bombarding attack after attack. No sense of any type of football. So we did what anyone would do in order to slow the game, we dropped pass speed all the way to 35. It felt better, but again - just not good enough, and still incredible fast along with constantly up and down again.

Eventually, we made the move to Sprint 51, and bumped acceleration significantly to 58 to make it a challenge in the attack. Another bump that was needed was in the user's Sprint as on 20 the CPU still tried to expose positions constantly. Once we bumped it to 40, they started to "respect" the positioning, and now they were back to adhering to the tactics, and now we started to see the game settle back into a rhythm. After that, it was a matter of re-addressing the pass speed back to 40, and sure enough, it turned out to be incredible - and we haven't looked back.

After a couple small adjustments to pass error, GK ability, Run Frequency and First Touch, the set is done and final. Keep in mind, not everything went in that order. That's usually how it goes with sliders, you basically start somewhere with the base (Sprint,Acc, HLW) and build out the error values throughout. We feel really good about the game, and the good thing is there are plenty of easy adjustments to make it harder/easier.

I will include the changes as a whole, but mainly addressing the World Class set as that is what was tested the most. Even if you are a legendary difficulty player, please consider the World Class SLOW set.

Sprint: from 20/51 to 40/51

> We basically found that indeed CPU higher sprint makes it more difficult, but at the same time, it makes it pretty unrealistic too. We took a roundtrip of 55 only to find 51 was still the magic number, but it was also about evening out the User side so the CPU can perceive the User defenders can do a job.

Acceleration: from 51/55 to 51/58

> Right a big bump for the CPU, but it was necessary in making sure they could challenge the user 1v1. The middle is highly congested than ever before, and tackles will absolutely fly in, so dribblers beware. This is another benefit of raising pass speed - you will want that ball to move quicker to avoid players getting hurt.

Pass Error: from 58/58 to 60/60

> Simply just to compensate for an increase in pass speed. This way it separates those who should play certain balls does, and those who should not - are punished accordingly.

Pass Speed: from 32/32 to 40/40

> As mentioned, just a great value that is so necessary with how much more intense the games can be. The dynamic gameplay of how the ball feels like a separate entity again is just that thing that makes you say "one more game".

GK Ability: from 50/50 to 48/48

> Just to reduce some of the incredible saves that were being made. Tested on the low end of 45 and it was back to them diving underneath too early, so 48 was a happy medium in which not every GK is superman - but they can still make some great saves, while also giving up some shockers.

Run Frequency: from 10/10 to 5/5

> We noticed the strikers, target man or not, would drift towards the endline or even sideline when they should be getting central into the box. So dropping the run frequency has allowed a more "central" approach to getting into the box.

FT Control: from 70/70 to 80/80

> Just another one of those values that separates good and bad players, but also surprises with the pass speed in how the ball can bounce to allow for more of that dynamic gameplay.

A welcome surprise: Turning on Player Based Difficulty

> This is merely a suggestion, but most of us have tested with this on in World Class and I have tested it in Legendary difficulty. To our surprise, it actually works really well and again just brings in that level of dynamic gameplay. It's not gimmicky at all anymore, and is such a welcome addition to get more gameplay variety in.

I've also changed up the order of Suggestions as the first thing to make it more difficult is play FUMA, then lower the error values, followed by acceleration modifications and lastly the CPU Sprint. I had CPU Sprint as #1, but it's all relative to the values, and relative to the 40 pass speed, a higher sprint than 51 may increase difficulty - but it sacrifices a lot of realism, which is not something we want to do with FIFA as it is.

Overall, ridiculously happy to post this for you guys. Thanks for the patience. We know the new EA game is out in a couple months - but at least we leave FIFA 23 on a good note, and a whole lot of playing time can be done until we get closer to a new game's release. It's been real. I'll have a video explanation out this weekend.

Thanks - and enjoy!

Thanks to testers: bman, laxing_ , Hapa90, jrn, TopSide

--------
MmTJOd.png

--------

Hi folks!
I Hope everybody here is fine.

Last patch so its my last sliders I hope.🤞
The last patch brings a nice realistic tempo, better transitions in animations, and a stronger World Cup level
So I have made some changes.

GK are too strong so the sliders IS now 65/65 and not 75/75. Don't panic, they are still greats but more human!
Second and last change : Bad control sliders. With this patch, CPU made silly dub control if it's too even. Even their crosses and sometimes mines haven't enough power!
I change to 75/79 it far far better!

Sliders Saturator V9:

Offline : yes, not connected to EA Servers
World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI
Pass speed : 15/0 (0 for the CPU slowdown the game and you can play on the evening)
GK Ability : 65/65
First touch control error : 75/79 or 75/74 for a harder game

In video :

Some personnal foutage as usual!

Enjoy!

Vidéos V9

Real Vs Barcelona – FUMA – WC – V9

Arsenal VS Tottenham – FUMA – WC – V9

England Vs France – FUMA – WC – V9

Lyon Vs OM

Milan AC Vs Inter Milan – FUMA – WC – V9

Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - FUMA -Champion- V9

Liverpool Vs Manchester City - FUMA -Champion- V9

Boca Junior Vs River Plate - FUMA -Champion- V9

Replays :

CPU Muller volley

Merentiel acrobatic volley

https://youtu.be/vh9OXuPjBpc

Benedetto masterclass volley

https://youtu.be/tJKkXpLzaOc

Dembele golasso

https://youtu.be/PKEEWhScvM8

CPU Sanchez incredible scissor kick

https://youtu.be/egFCR4SqN7E

CPU Griezmann nice volley

https://youtu.be/MNI56DLpGis

CPU Mbappé scored with his head !

https://youtu.be/sruPhRrfvU8

CPU Rabiot who scored a beauty

https://youtu.be/gEcpjRHSFQQ

Rabiot has some skills !

https://youtu.be/-Cg3ZNPVYYc

KB9 is still a fantastic player

https://youtu.be/XqD8PFpsMQQ

Ascensio is not dead yet

https://youtu.be/6edy9yZfyjk

Cpu Cagliari goal after a cross

https://youtu.be/Di-34OttMhc

Ascensio diving header

https://youtu.be/oKJSwqnogEY

Vlahovic for the victory

https://youtu.be/2kL8NpUY-WU

Vlahovic king of header

https://youtu.be/sHvUBNRbvJQ

Toney hammer shoot

https://youtu.be/prb4AfsHLl0

CPU Genoa very nice goal

https://youtu.be/Pfs9pdyBPik

Last edited:
Hello everyone, after a period of testing I thought I'd make my sliders public for those who want a slower, less attacking, more "Italian" game. Your feedback is awaited.

Difficulty tested: World Class
Playing time: 15 minutes per half
Speed: Default
Seeds or FUMA

User / AI
Sprint speed: 0/0
Acceleration : 48/48
Shot error : 75/75
Pass error : 75/75
Pass speed : 10/0 (è zero)
Injury Frequency : 70/70
Injury severity : 35/35
GK Ability : 67/67
Marking : 88/88
Run frequency : 20/23
Line Height : 50/50
Line Lenght : 5/5
FB Positioning : 10/10
First touch control error : 60/60

Last edited:
I think it's the best patch since the begginning of FIFA 23
The AI is now far better

Maybe my best match on FIFA 23
In career mode with Dortmund

On C1 qualification, FC Seville VS Dortmund

In Bundesliga, a strong victory vs RB Leipzig

A big lose Vs Bochum

what s the difference between matt10 sliders and anths gameplay mod??? can anyone tell me please?did any of these fix the non existent midfield battle and make it less end to end?

what s the difference between matt10 sliders and anths gameplay mod??? can anyone tell me please?did any of these fix the non existent midfield battle and make it less end to end?
If you used both, it will be a mess! Gameplay mod works on the vanilla code and change some values to have a better gameplay. Sliders touched too the gameplay so if you apply both, it doesn't work,, and sometimes it worst than vanilla.

You can try mines if you play semi or better on FUMA.

Been enjoyng a career on this years game after leaving it for months. I had been having a great time, then just installed the lates patch

It's absolutely horrific. I have never seen a version of FIFA or PES play as badly. It's like a 4 year old has produced a game play file, who has never played the game before.

My players are all now doing tricks, have no weight and skate about. My players can just sprint past mutliple defenders without them even reacting. Even upping the difficulty and upping the CPU marking loads makes no difference

Been enjoyng a career on this years game after leaving it for months. I had been having a great time, then just installed the lates patch

It's absolutely horrific. I have never seen a version of FIFA or PES play as badly. It's like a 4 year old has produced a game play file, who has never played the game before.

My players are all now doing tricks, have no weight and skate about. My players can just sprint past mutliple defenders without them even reacting. Even upping the difficulty and upping the CPU marking loads makes no difference
Career mode is harder if you simulate the training drills with bad grades so your sharpness doesn't increase as much.

so i am trying to understand the sliders and need some infos :

Marking : higher value means better marking?
Run frequency : higher value means more runs?
Line Height : higher value means they standing better or "wider" on the whole field?
Line Width : same as "Heigh"

so i am trying to understand the sliders and need some infos :

Marking : higher value means better marking?
Run frequency : higher value means more runs?
Line Height : higher value means they standing better or "wider" on the whole field?
Line Width : same as "Heigh"
I believe higher marking is the AI close down quicker to your player

Run frequency being higher means more runs in behind the defence

Line height is how close or far the defensive line is from your own goal

Line width is how wide the defence spread across the pitch.

Being the internet, I now wait for someone to come correct any mistakes that I've made 🤣

this game just has that samey feel even when playing with low tier teams, i really wish the passing mechanics where more like the other game

I find lowering marking helps as creates a zonal feel. Plus i decrease width and length to make the game more compact.

Reviving this thread a bit..

What are your current settings? I am using a modified version of OS Sliders, with lower line height (I find 78 to be way too high, i've settled for 60) and other small adjustments, like lowering pass speed a bit (to 40) and also tinkering with marking (maybe 48-49) like you guys have mentioned. Playing in World Class, slow speed, semi everything, 10 minutes.

Curious to see what @rockstrongo is using. :TU:

Reviving this thread a bit..

What are your current settings? I am using a modified version of OS Sliders, with lower line height (I find 78 to be way too high, i've settled for 60) and other small adjustments, like lowering pass speed a bit (to 40) and also tinkering with marking (maybe 48-49) like you guys have mentioned. Playing in World Class, slow speed, semi everything, 10 minutes.

Curious to see what @rockstrongo is using. :TU:
Thanks boss;)
Nope not playing fifa after 20, or 19 tbh

Back
Top Bottom