FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

Forgive me for jumping in, but there's one thing that always baffled me.. how did you come up with

Injury severity : 30/53

Like... how?
Severity is how likely the injury might happen to be serious.
So, lets say - having frequency at 100 and severity at 10 - in theory means, that you should have many injuries, but small ones.

And as much as I can somehow understand how did you come up with 30 (even tho I personally never seen much difference with this slider up and down in previous titles) - how the hell did you come up with 53 for AI..?? :LOL:
Its not like you can even see how serious AI injury turns out to be..

Forgive me for jumping in, but there's one thing that always baffled me.. how did you come up with

Like... how?
Severity is how likely the injury might happen to be serious.
So, lets say - having frequency at 100 and severity at 10 - in theory means, that you should have many injuries, but small ones.

And as much as I can somehow understand how did you come up with 30 (even tho I personally never seen much difference with this slider up and down in previous titles) - how the hell did you come up with 53 for AI..?? :LOL:
Its not like you can even see how serious AI injury turns out to be..
Hello mate.

FIFA engine is the same since FIFA 17. I worked on sliders since FIFA 20 and 90% of my sliders are from FIFA 20.
I worked a full week on holidays when wife and kids were out and make so many matches with differents settings i move from 1 to 1.

So when i have what i want to see in term of speed, injuries, stamina, variety of the game, ball speed, air battle, i didn't changed and it's why i have these values.

In FIFA 23, i have 5 days , a mounth, 3 mouths, 7 mouths injuries, so it's perfect for me. So maybe there are better values but for now, it's worked fine for me😏

Hello mate.

FIFA engine is the same since FIFA 17. I worked on sliders since FIFA 20 and 90% of my sliders are from FIFA 20.
I worked a full week on holidays when wife and kids were out and make so many matches with differents settings i move from 1 to 1.

So when i have what i want to see in term of speed, injuries, stamina, variety of the game, ball speed, air battle, i didn't changed and it's why i have these values.

In FIFA 23, i have 5 days , a mounth, 3 mouths, 7 mouths injuries, so it's perfect for me. So maybe there are better values but for now, it's worked fine for me😏
Ok, but my question was - why 53 for AI? How did you test this? You dont know what injuries AI gets. It doesnt display anywhere.

Ok, but my question was - why 53 for AI? How did you test this? You dont know what injuries AI gets. It doesnt display anywhere.
It's a random value mate, no real explication. I always started from 50 and and after 3 matchs if not enough injuries, i grow up to 51 and etc .. 53 was good enough so i didn't move to 54👀

It's a random value mate, no real explication. I always started from 50 and and after 3 matchs if not enough injuries, i grow up to 51 and etc .. 53 was good enough so i didn't move to 54👀
Oh ok, I get it.
But just so you know - its "Frequency" that determines how often injuries occur. "Severity" is just how serious they are. How long players have to be out.
So changing this for AI doesnt have any effect on your game, because you will never find out how serious AI injury was during your match.
Unless you do some drastic values of a 100, which should make AI players to have serious and long injuries (and these players might still be out next time you play against that team)

I'm simply puzzled about carreer mode.
My matches with lille, 1st season and no transfers done for my team, legendary difficult, 6 minutes for half, slow gampleay speed,endend ALWAYS with results like:
10-4 for me
8-4
my only lost is 8-7 for the opponent team.
I've noticed that there's an incredible kick of glitch, both for me and sometimes for the opponent team, my Jonathan David has scored something like 19 goals only in the first matches, and Cabella 12.
It doesn't seems a football match, but like an highlights-based, with 0 margin of error for cpu and usually for me too it's too little.
It's the slow difficult scripted or something like this?
And do you suggest to set a completely different gameplay, with using sliders also?
I'll wait your opinion, in this way it's just useless to continue to play.

Oh ok, I get it.
But just so you know - its "Frequency" that determines how often injuries occur. "Severity" is just how serious they are. How long players have to be out.
So changing this for AI doesnt have any effect on your game, because you will never find out how serious AI injury was during your match.
Unless you do some drastic values of a 100, which should make AI players to have serious and long injuries (and these players might still be out next time you play against that team)
Maybe. For cpu it's not an important sliders. I just want to see some major injuries sometime for the CPU in my games. Maybe it helps to have greats values to have realistic stats. I don't know if it's random or not but whatever👀

Last edited:
I'm simply puzzled about carreer mode.
My matches with lille, 1st season and no transfers done for my team, legendary difficult, 6 minutes for half, slow gampleay speed,endend ALWAYS with results like:
10-4 for me
8-4
my only lost is 8-7 for the opponent team.
I've noticed that there's an incredible kick of glitch, both for me and sometimes for the opponent team, my Jonathan David has scored something like 19 goals only in the first matches, and Cabella 12.
It doesn't seems a football match, but like an highlights-based, with 0 margin of error for cpu and usually for me too it's too little.
It's the slow difficult scripted or something like this?
And do you suggest to set a completely different gameplay, with using sliders also?
I'll wait your opinion, in this way it's just useless to continue to play.
Hello marion2000

FIFA 23 vanilla gameplay looks exactly like that : a goal fest with no defense.
So you have some options :
- first : what's your settings : FUMA/Semi/FUTO ?
-second : how is the gamespeed?

Slow speed option may have some issues for defender reactivity. Used normal speed and ajust acceleration above 50-50.

Many goals means : low error passes and shoot. Put to 65-70 for you and the cpu
Bad control should be highter, Legend is oversheated : 65 for you and 75 is a good value

Slowdown pass speed around 20-20 or power, it helps a lot

But FIFA 23 have a lot of helps, turn off its.

Hello marion2000

FIFA 23 vanilla gameplay looks exactly like that : a goal fest with no defense.
So you have some options :
- first : what's your settings : FUMA/Semi/FUTO ?
-second : how is the gamespeed?

Slow speed option may have some issues for defender reactivity. Used normal speed and ajust acceleration above 50-50.

Many goals means : low error passes and shoot. Put to 65-70 for you and the cpu
Bad control should be highter, Legend is oversheated : 65 for you and 75 is a good value

Slowdown pass speed around 20-20 or power, it helps a lot

But FIFA 23 have a lot of helps, turn off its.
Hello!
I usually play with the default settings about controls, I will adjust all the sliders and the gamesped like you suggest to me.
There is also something specific about the controls that you suggest to turn off?

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 12/24/22 | 9:38AM CST --

Version 12, Beta 1

Honestly, I did not think we would need an update or even another version of the sliders. Usually we'd have to adjust based on FIFA updates, but I'd say this is the first time in a while that we have changed things after feeling relatively confident Version 11 was final.

Why the change? Well, the main thing was discovering that on World Class slow we can get the CPU to play with even more resistance and challenge. We wanted a bridge towards Legendary, but stay on World Class as much as we could. The main value here was the CPU Sprint going above 50. We started at 55 and had an incredible challenge, but eventually we realized that the challenge was great in the user's attack, but defending a hyped up CPU became a lot of through balls and players not able to keep up with the directness. We could not give this up though because it was an incredible experience. So, we scaled down the 55 to 52, and eventually finished at 51. As we scaled down, we found the balance of a challenge, for both sides of the ball, while still letting the ratings play out the way they should. There were still some issues, but from there it was fine-tuning the set in general.

So, with the way we have World Class Slow playing, there was just no reason to have a Harder World Class set any longer. The set is hard, but a realistic kind of hard. Quality of players and tactics matter as they should. However, like Hapa has said in his streams, you can't sim those matches that are perceived as "easy wins".

Another bonus has been the effect of DAA not being as game-breaking. Even though the animation can still occur, the recovery from the defending players are such a breath of fresh air. It is not easy to cut across the pitch and slash into goal with any type of consistency. Speed does matter, but don't be surprised if the defending players opt to increase their physicality to adjust.

Here is Version 12, Beta 1. You can also see we've added the following Version Notes in the graphic:
- Removed Harder World Class set as slider values were minimal and not as significant.​
- Dropped length from 38 to 35 to allow midfield to stay closer to the defensive line.​
- Updated shot speed from 51 to 52 to get more realistic looking shots relative to shot error.​
- Updated Injury Severity from 25 to 34 for more variety in injuries.​
- GK Ability lowered to allow more realistic save reactions and deflections.​
- Raised Pass Error for WC Slow sets to allow more build up play from CPU and User.​
- Dropped Marking slightly to help with lower length as central mids were starting to run into eachother.​

Gameplay: World Class, Slow - Arsenal (user) vs Brighton (CPU)

--------
GJ0Ndk.png

--------

Serie A/B suggestion:

Something FIFA has struggled with is the lack of fluid formation (like PES) which is what a lot of modern football is about. A 3-back in the attack turns into a 5-man in defense. Unfortunately, with Serie A/B (and a few other teams in other leagues), some teams are set up with very low depth because the expected role/instructions for the central midfielders set to cover the wings and to also drop further back. As most may know, FIFA has struggled since FIFA 21 in bringing the central midfielders all the way back into the box, so the low depth tactics ends up opening a lot of space behind them and a lot of space in front of the defensive line.

To combat this, I would suggest that for the user to either A) modify the low depth B) edit a balanced formation and defensive formation, interchange manually using the d-pad tactics based on the match scenario.

Last edited:
Hello!
I usually play with the default settings about controls, I will adjust all the sliders and the gamesped like you suggest to me.
There is also something specific about the controls that you suggest to turn off?
Merry christmas mate🤘

So you play FUTO.
+Start to turn some options to semi like shoots, passes, crosses.
+Let classic defense
+Use normal speed
+Turn off competition mode it's really bad
+ Apply my V5 sliders except tactical defense.

And after 5 games i think you will see a real difference😏

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 12/24/22 | 9:38AM CST --

Version 12, Beta 1

Honestly, I did not think we would need an update or even another version of the sliders. Usually we'd have to adjust based on FIFA updates, but I'd say this is the first time in a while that we have changed things after feeling relatively confident Version 11 was final.

Since you're playing on Slow speed, do your sliders negate the rubbish defence on Slow at launch? I feel I'd like to return to slow speed, but I don't like the idea of gliding so easily through/past the AI defence

Last edited:
Since you're playing on Slow speed, do your sliders negate the rubbish defence on Slow at launch? I feel I'd like to return to slow speed, but I don't like the idea of gliding so easily through/past the AI defence
Our main focus was on slow pace, so a big part of that was to ensure that the CPU's engagement was in a better spot. This is why there are fairly massive discrepancies for the Sprint/Acceleration values. The CPU needs help, in particular for World Class slow, to engage initially - but more importantly to remain in that state of mind. This is why you see the CPU players tracking back or switching onto the next defending player sooner. So, even if you do get past one player, the next player steps right up - and so forth.

FIFA will still be FIFA, and there's always a chance it's not going to be 100% removed, but there is a much lower chance of the engagement issues that have hurt slow game pace.

If you accept that FIFA will always be FIFA and not like PES, you can really have great Times with it. Hypermotion V2 is really a gamechanger for the licence. Players play for the team and not only for itselves.

Everything is not perfect like the night bug who is always here. But when you can play with your favorites teams in your stadium, the ambiance is amazing! The CPU can plays with variety and most of issues of FIFA 21/22 are gone.

No more problem of midfield or Defenders didn't track back, no more big holes in the middle or on the ways. Marking is great now and during an entière match.

An exemple in career mode between United (me) and Chelsea (CPU)

The second match versus a poor team Berlin on Europa League qualification.
A lot of youngs players were on the ground and the finition was very poor. I like that.

Another exemple versus a very nice defence.
Everton was a hard match

Big match versus Spurs

The big match versus Liverpool!

Last edited:
Our main focus was on slow pace, so a big part of that was to ensure that the CPU's engagement was in a better spot. This is why there are fairly massive discrepancies for the Sprint/Acceleration values. The CPU needs help, in particular for World Class slow, to engage initially - but more importantly to remain in that state of mind. This is why you see the CPU players tracking back or switching onto the next defending player sooner. So, even if you do get past one player, the next player steps right up - and so forth.

FIFA will still be FIFA, and there's always a chance it's not going to be 100% removed, but there is a much lower chance of the engagement issues that have hurt slow game pace.
Your sliders are really good but the one change I've made is increasing the marking , not sure on what negatives it makes but it fixes the issue with the chasing defender suddenly stopping running after the attacker and leavi f it for the next defender , looks.really unrealistic (probably this one on one feature) . It appears this one on one feature there's an invisible.square around the defender and once an attacker leaves that square it switches to the next defender. Raising f the value seems to stop.this from happening as much

Your sliders are really good but the one change I've made is increasing the marking , not sure on what negatives it makes but it fixes the issue with the chasing defender suddenly stopping running after the attacker and leavi f it for the next defender , looks.really unrealistic (probably this one on one feature) . It appears this one on one feature there's an invisible.square around the defender and once an attacker leaves that square it switches to the next defender. Raising f the value seems to stop.this from happening as much
Yeah that should be fine. It's one of those pick-your-poison situations with FIFA. The reason we lowered it this go around is to help with the lowered length that started to result in the central midfielders defending too narrow, to the point that they were overlapping each other - basically giving up the passing lanes. This allowed for the CPU to send direct passes forward as the gaps were created from the midfielders. With the lower marking, we defer to the tactics and ratings of those midfielders, while they stay in the passing lanes, which then forces the CPU to play with more variety near the attacking third rather than just send direct passes to the forward.

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 1/4/22 | 6:58PM CST --

Version 12, Beta 2

Yet again, I did not expect to make more changes that would be significant enough. However, we went through the fine-tuning stage of the sliders, and I can say that has definitely been achieved with Version 12 Beta 2. I am going to go through the Version 12 Beta 2 notes, and give an explanation on the changes. Hopefully this will help going forward.

(Discrepancy on WC default pace to help CPU engagement)

Here we're using the same concept of the discrepancy in Sprint/Acc sets. It just allows the CPU to stay engaged longer and that provides a good challenge overall. The goal was to make it feel the challenge in how WC slow is.

Note: I will always start with line settings as it provides the context of why other values usually need changing. As a result, these notes may not look to be in order, but from a slider build perspective, they are.

(Line Length, from 35 to 32; Line Width, from 48 to 49)

The first order of business was getting a tighter midfield. This starts with the central midfielders keeping the forward in front of them in transition. That alone will allow the decision making of the CPU to change. This will also allow numbers to be built and paired up with other values, we were able to get the CPU trying to break the user down rather than just playing the obvious pass or possessing with the same type of attacks. It was also important to get the midfielders (or whoever is chosen) to run onto the clearances during corners and set pieces. This creates that extra bit of pressure in clearing the lines, and allows more tactical importance (pressure team vs dropback, etc). What I also love is that the change brings in the chance a midfielder can run onto the loose ball at the top of the box and have a strike.

The increase in width was scaled very briefly from 48 to 50, then back down to 49. The finding with it at 49 was that it kept the positioning of the midfielders defending the passing lanes intact. As we lowered length, we had to compensate for the now tendency of midfielders stepping on top of each other. Just a slight, subtle, spacing with the width has allowed the players to be separated enough, but still be engaged throughout the pitch.

(Pass Error, World Class, from 65 to 58; Legendary, CPU, from 68 to 65)

Once the midfield was established, the next focus was getting the ball to liven up more. We tried to raise pass speed, but it's just too twitchy and sped up FIFA style that we couldn't really enjoy the set up. The next best option was to lower pass error slightly, and allow more solid touches on the ball that way, which meant better contact = better speed. A nice part of this is that the CPU respects the new line settings and truly tries to break down the user's defensive shape instead of playing counter-attack most of the time.

(Injury Frequency, from 65 to 78; Injury Severity from 34 to 58)

I will admit, this is my little project. So any blame of your star players getting injured is definitely on me. However, I will say this has been such a breath of fresh air. The injuries can happen from multiple animations with this set up. I see it more often in tough challenges that are either fouls or all ball contact. I have seen less "fall down" injuries where the player jumps up, and falls down on their elbow or shoulder. It still happens, but I honestly have not seen it. Are there broken toes? Yes, absolutely. But there are also torn ACLs, hyper-extended knees, broken elbows, etc. What I also like is the feeling of not knowing if the player injured can continue or not. They may stay down a minute, complain to the ref, then get up and on with it. Or, they may stay down, and the ref has to call for the medical staff.

I know the numbers look outrageous, but give it an honest go. IRL, a team like Watford is the exception to the rule, but they have 13 injuries at the moment. I wouldn't even know what to do with that. I think that's a brilliant thing that's possible, and that's kind of the point of a career mode - never knowing what can happen.

(Shot Speed, World Class, from 52 to 53; GK Ability from 51 to 50)

We needed to address the keepers overall and the shot speed for World Class. The issue was that the keepers were saving everything, but also at 51 the animation of the keepers coming to collect the ball, or look big to defend their goal, was a running/jogging animation instead. This was too much of an eye-sore, and at times cost goals, so we tried to raise GK, but the same issue with them saving everything - and in superman style - was another eye-sore. Enough was enough, we dropped the GK value to 50 and we'll let the ratings play out from there. There have been a lot less superman saves, even though they're there, and not as many errors that one would see at 51 GK. The other bit was increasing the shot speed for World Class sets because at times the high shot error resulted in poor contact and scuffed shots in very close 1v1 positions. Not very believable, but we didn't want to risk lowering shot error as it ends up being too many shots on target.

(FT Control, from 65 to 70)

We just wanted to get a bit more of the ball staying in front, rather than underneath, the players. Usually, this can be established better with pass speed increased, but since that wasn't an option, FT control is the next best. This has worked well, and even with the lower pass error, it brings more emphasis of good control, not to mention some fun 50/50 balls.

Overall Thoughts:

Honestly, this is the best we could ever get the game playing. I know I've said that before, but this is the stage in which we enhance the set - and being able to do that was just unreal. The way the CPU builds up, reacts, engages - it's just all around so good. You won't want to simulate the perceived easy matches, because those smaller teams will surprise you (Coach lost to Fulham earlier on Legendary, COYW). It's the best feeling to see the CPU actually try different passes because they are trying to break you down, rather than go route one with through passes or siege at the top of the box.

Give it an honest go, and enjoy. I've been told to start my CM and stop tinkering. I'll try. Thanks to the testers as always, and thanks for everyone's feedback and collaboration. It is much appreciated!

rt4mQO.png

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 1/4/22 | 6:58PM CST --

Version 12, Beta 2

Yet again, I did not expect to make more changes that would be significant enough. However, we went through the fine-tuning stage of the sliders, and I can say that has definitely been achieved with Version 12 Beta 2. I am going to go through the Version 12 Beta 2 notes, and give an explanation on the changes. Hopefully this will help going forward.

(Discrepancy on WC default pace to help CPU engagement)

Here we're using the same concept of the discrepancy in Sprint/Acc sets. It just allows the CPU to stay engaged longer and that provides a good challenge overall. The goal was to make it feel the challenge in how WC slow is.

Note: I will always start with line settings as it provides the context of why other values usually need changing. As a result, these notes may not look to be in order, but from a slider build perspective, they are.

(Line Length, from 35 to 32; Line Width, from 48 to 49)

The first order of business was getting a tighter midfield. This starts with the central midfielders keeping the forward in front of them in transition. That alone will allow the decision making of the CPU to change. This will also allow numbers to be built and paired up with other values, we were able to get the CPU trying to break the user down rather than just playing the obvious pass or possessing with the same type of attacks. It was also important to get the midfielders (or whoever is chosen) to run onto the clearances during corners and set pieces. This creates that extra bit of pressure in clearing the lines, and allows more tactical importance (pressure team vs dropback, etc). What I also love is that the change brings in the chance a midfielder can run onto the loose ball at the top of the box and have a strike.

The increase in width was scaled very briefly from 48 to 50, then back down to 49. The finding with it at 49 was that it kept the positioning of the midfielders defending the passing lanes intact. As we lowered length, we had to compensate for the now tendency of midfielders stepping on top of each other. Just a slight, subtle, spacing with the width has allowed the players to be separated enough, but still be engaged throughout the pitch.

(Pass Error, World Class, from 65 to 58; Legendary, CPU, from 68 to 65)

Once the midfield was established, the next focus was getting the ball to liven up more. We tried to raise pass speed, but it's just too twitchy and sped up FIFA style that we couldn't really enjoy the set up. The next best option was to lower pass error slightly, and allow more solid touches on the ball that way, which meant better contact = better speed. A nice part of this is that the CPU respects the new line settings and truly tries to break down the user's defensive shape instead of playing counter-attack most of the time.

(Injury Frequency, from 65 to 78; Injury Severity from 34 to 58)

I will admit, this is my little project. So any blame of your star players getting injured is definitely on me. However, I will say this has been such a breath of fresh air. The injuries can happen from multiple animations with this set up. I see it more often in tough challenges that are either fouls or all ball contact. I have seen less "fall down" injuries where the player jumps up, and falls down on their elbow or shoulder. It still happens, but I honestly have not seen it. Are there broken toes? Yes, absolutely. But there are also torn ACLs, hyper-extended knees, broken elbows, etc. What I also like is the feeling of not knowing if the player injured can continue or not. They may stay down a minute, complain to the ref, then get up and on with it. Or, they may stay down, and the ref has to call for the medical staff.

I know the numbers look outrageous, but give it an honest go. IRL, a team like Watford is the exception to the rule, but they have 13 injuries at the moment. I wouldn't even know what to do with that. I think that's a brilliant thing that's possible, and that's kind of the point of a career mode - never knowing what can happen.

(Shot Speed, World Class, from 52 to 53; GK Ability from 51 to 50)

We needed to address the keepers overall and the shot speed for World Class. The issue was that the keepers were saving everything, but also at 51 the animation of the keepers coming to collect the ball, or look big to defend their goal, was a running/jogging animation instead. This was too much of an eye-sore, and at times cost goals, so we tried to raise GK, but the same issue with them saving everything - and in superman style - was another eye-sore. Enough was enough, we dropped the GK value to 50 and we'll let the ratings play out from there. There have been a lot less superman saves, even though they're there, and not as many errors that one would see at 51 GK. The other bit was increasing the shot speed for World Class sets because at times the high shot error resulted in poor contact and scuffed shots in very close 1v1 positions. Not very believable, but we didn't want to risk lowering shot error as it ends up being too many shots on target.

(FT Control, from 65 to 70)

We just wanted to get a bit more of the ball staying in front, rather than underneath, the players. Usually, this can be established better with pass speed increased, but since that wasn't an option, FT control is the next best. This has worked well, and even with the lower pass error, it brings more emphasis of good control, not to mention some fun 50/50 balls.

Overall Thoughts:

Honestly, this is the best we could ever get the game playing. I know I've said that before, but this is the stage in which we enhance the set - and being able to do that was just unreal. The way the CPU builds up, reacts, engages - it's just all around so good. You won't want to simulate the perceived easy matches, because those smaller teams will surprise you (Coach lost to Fulham earlier on Legendary, COYW). It's the best feeling to see the CPU actually try different passes because they are trying to break you down, rather than go route one with through passes or siege at the top of the box.

Give it an honest go, and enjoy. I've been told to start my CM and stop tinkering. I'll try. Thanks to the testers as always, and thanks for everyone's feedback and collaboration. It is much appreciated!
The works you guys put in is incredible. I got a bit lost in the sliders a couple of weeks ago, and really messed up the game honestly. I started afresh with your sliders, but tweaked them to my liking. The main issues I find is it feels like on the same setting, the AI GK is just better than the User GK. Then there is the issue of too many shots on goal and the lack of any real 'worldies' going in. I try to compare match stats to real-world matches to see how they compare, and with FUMA + A majority of your settings (I changed GK ability for my liking and I think shot error etc.), I have the game playing well. I may try out your new injury settings though. Even though I only play Kick-off, it would add an extra dynamic if a player you wanted to keep on the whole game suddenly gets injured

Premiering some gameplay with commentary if anyone feels like hanging out for a bit:

Looks good Matt. Will try to give the sliders a shot with the lower min set. Quick question, you think FIFA kinda suffers more when you play teams in the EPL? or 5 star teams? I notice you play with midtable or lower league teams. Is it to see a more human AI or you still see the same positive things in say a Liverpool-PSG. Or do they go batsh*t crazy with weird moves and robotic perfect passses

The works you guys put in is incredible. I got a bit lost in the sliders a couple of weeks ago, and really messed up the game honestly. I started afresh with your sliders, but tweaked them to my liking. The main issues I find is it feels like on the same setting, the AI GK is just better than the User GK. Then there is the issue of too many shots on goal and the lack of any real 'worldies' going in. I try to compare match stats to real-world matches to see how they compare, and with FUMA + A majority of your settings (I changed GK ability for my liking and I think shot error etc.), I have the game playing well. I may try out your new injury settings though. Even though I only play Kick-off, it would add an extra dynamic if a player you wanted to keep on the whole game suddenly gets injured

That's great, definitely tweak to what you'd like to see - that's the beauty of it all. GK values have been so tricky for us, so we just deferred it to default at this point because of how it is overall. Too high and the keepers are super human, and that was just an eye-sore and hurt the realism factor for us.

Injuries are amazing. I posted this earlier on the OS thread, but I have multiple CMs in different spots and as it stands:

Arsenal CM, as of January, I have two injuries. Odegaard torn ACL - 7 months and Gabriel bruised shoulder - 4 days. In my Albacete CM, I also have two injures thru 6 matches, broken toe for my fast winger/striker 6 weeks; and utility midfielder broken toe out for 2 months. My QPR CM, in February, also only two injuries, but both to my central midfielders, Broken toe - 2 months for Dozzel and Field dislocated shoulder 8 weeks. Lastly, in my Bournemouth CM (previously Leeds but got sacked), I just lost Brooks and Solanke to dislocated shoulders after we destroyed Leicester away 4-0. They will both be out for 2 months, happening right before January transfer window.

Looks good Matt. Will try to give the sliders a shot with the lower min set. Quick question, you think FIFA kinda suffers more when you play teams in the EPL? or 5 star teams? I notice you play with midtable or lower league teams. Is it to see a more human AI or you still see the same positive things in say a Liverpool-PSG. Or do they go batsh*t crazy with weird moves and robotic perfect passses

That's a great question. Yes, I feel like FIFA has always had this persona over ratings behavior. In slider testing, you definitely want to test the min/max - so using those teams/players are 100% necessary. They are also the exception to the rule, and I'd rather work within the sweet spot of what is most likely than adjust them based on the top tier players. If the lower/mid-tier players and teams are covered, the top ones should excel accordingly.

There are some testers who use top teams and play against them as well, so we definitely pay extra attention when those tests are happening. If we can get a team like Liverpool to possess the ball near the center circle more or crossing the ball on Legendary, we know we're on the right track. Obviously, it's also how you play against these teams, but the general balance is there with this set.

Hi folks

I hope everyone is fine and happy near year!
I've worked on new slider since a week and i think the result is ok because I having a better experience with the game : a better midfield, more variety in the game.

My V6 is out now!

In video, with pad settings and strategies

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 5/5
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/68
Pass error : 55/68 or 55/55 for a harder game
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 65/65
Injury severity : 30/30
GK Ability : 70/70
Marking : 65/65
Run frequency : 30/20
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
Line Width : 48/48
FB Positioning : 50/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 70/70 or 70/65 for a harder game

A compilation of nice actions on FUMA of course!

Chelsea Vs Man City

Fiorentina Vs Cremonese

United Vs FC Seville

United Vs City

Last edited:
That's great, definitely tweak to what you'd like to see - that's the beauty of it all. GK values have been so tricky for us, so we just deferred it to default at this point because of how it is overall. Too high and the keepers are super human, and that was just an eye-sore and hurt the realism factor for us.

Injuries are amazing. I posted this earlier on the OS thread, but I have multiple CMs in different spots and as it stands:

Arsenal CM, as of January, I have two injuries. Odegaard torn ACL - 7 months and Gabriel bruised shoulder - 4 days. In my Albacete CM, I also have two injures thru 6 matches, broken toe for my fast winger/striker 6 weeks; and utility midfielder broken toe out for 2 months. My QPR CM, in February, also only two injuries, but both to my central midfielders, Broken toe - 2 months for Dozzel and Field dislocated shoulder 8 weeks. Lastly, in my Bournemouth CM (previously Leeds but got sacked), I just lost Brooks and Solanke to dislocated shoulders after we destroyed Leicester away 4-0. They will both be out for 2 months, happening right before January transfer window.

That's a great question. Yes, I feel like FIFA has always had this persona over ratings behavior. In slider testing, you definitely want to test the min/max - so using those teams/players are 100% necessary. They are also the exception to the rule, and I'd rather work within the sweet spot of what is most likely than adjust them based on the top tier players. If the lower/mid-tier players and teams are covered, the top ones should excel accordingly.

There are some testers who use top teams and play against them as well, so we definitely pay extra attention when those tests are happening. If we can get a team like Liverpool to possess the ball near the center circle more or crossing the ball on Legendary, we know we're on the right track. Obviously, it's also how you play against these teams, but the general balance is there with this set.
Had several games but here's my adjustments for personal preference and why

1. Switched to legendary
2. Reduced ai accel to 52 against 51 for user. At 55 they were warping into tackles or past me
3. Reduced injury severity to 35 at 58 i had 4 top.players sustain long term injuries in one game then another 3 in another
4. Increased marking to 90 , think I've mentioned before at 50 they are too.stand off and also switch off too soon with the 1 on 1 ea defending process once you go past.them
5. Increased ai run freq to 40 at 10.or even 20.they are far too passive for me

I must say though I'm getting more ai fouls than ever and the context feels right too. Even had a double booking in one game yesterday and a straight red in another

I have a bit of a mixed request. Has anyone found the slider level for goalkeepers where they are not easy to beat in basic chances, but are still beatable from long range? Obviously not every long range drive goes in, but maybe the odd well hit shot here and there. I've score some maybe a foot or two outside of the box, but never scored like a proper long range shot. Just curious if most people put them at 52 for this reason...

I have a bit of a mixed request. Has anyone found the slider level for goalkeepers where they are not easy to beat in basic chances, but are still beatable from long range? Obviously not every long range drive goes in, but maybe the odd well hit shot here and there. I've score some maybe a foot or two outside of the box, but never scored like a proper long range shot. Just curious if most people put them at 52 for this reason...
I think it's relative to the shot speed you choose to see their reaction. If you want long distance goals to happen more often, raise the shot speed to 53. Even GK at 55 or 52, they will have less time to make a decision. Personally, I like 52 shot speed with 50 GK for WC because the keepers in general make some pretty great saves at 50, but also have room for blunders. At 51, 52, they make some superman type saves too often, not to mention they dive forward ahead of the shot unrealistically at times.

@saturator
Hi friend, since the beginning I have posted all your sets, including V6 on the most important Italian Forum dedicated to Fifa of which I'm a regular user
I think I'm doing something useful by putting here a feedback I translated into English from a player (@aletoz) who is using V6 without any changes
Keep up the good work!!
-----------------
I'm playing with saturator's v6's in full manual champion and I have to say they are really good sliders..I find them balanced..I've seen plays I've never seen before and a balance between defense midfield and offense in general greater..great cuts by the cpu changes of play..deep balls..perfect pace of play..the ball moves realistically..and I've never been able to break through on goal from the lateral sides I could before..very often.
--------------------------

Last edited:
@saturator
Hi friend, since the beginning I have posted all your sets, including V6 on the most important Italian Forum dedicated to Fifa of which I'm a regular user
I think I'm doing something useful by putting here a feedback I translated into English from a player (@aletoz) who is using V6 without any changes
Keep up the good work!!
-----------------
I'm playing with saturator's v6's in full manual champion and I have to say they are really good sliders..I find them balanced..I've seen plays I've never seen before and a balance between defense midfield and offense in general greater..great cuts by the cpu changes of play..deep balls..perfect pace of play..the ball moves realistically..and I've never been able to break through on goal from the lateral sides I could before..very often.
--------------------------
Hi Fideco

I hope you're fine.

Thanks a lot, we have been working on this V6 since two weeks with others crazy footy lover whom liked to make many matches to find a good tempo and a varied gameplay. I was hard but I think this one is on the good way. Since now, too much space was on my sliders and i have a lot of feedback who said : nice but too easy, can you do something?

So, the challenge was to create sliders with lower teams, big teams and seeing something new, fresh gameplay. Not only crosses but a cleaver CPU and better calls from teamates. But with the quality of the older sets. No easy.
The key was changing the defensiv line and increase bad control

Some matches I have made today

Liverpool (cpu) Vs Chelsea on FUMA with V6

Rangers (cpu) Vs Cetics on FUMA with V6

A cpu goal

@saturator thanks for posting your sliders! I use them and have very good games. I just changed acceleration to 48 and first touch error to 25 to minimise that strange animations. Thank you again for saving this year and have a playable football game 🙂

Hi folks

I hope everyone is fine and happy near year!
I've worked on new slider since a week and i think the result is ok because I having a better experience with the game : a better midfield, more variety in the game.

My V6 is out now!

In video, with pad settings and strategies

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 5/5
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/68
Pass error : 55/68 or 55/55 for a harder game
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 65/65
Injury severity : 30/30
GK Ability : 70/70
Marking : 65/65
Run frequency : 30/20
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
Line Width : 48/48
FB Positioning : 50/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 70/70 or 70/65 for a harder game

A compilation of nice actions on FUMA of course!

Chelsea Vs Man City

Fiorentina Vs Cremonese

United Vs FC Seville

United Vs City
do these work the same on the pc version?

Back
Top Bottom