FIFA 23 Sliders Discussion

are ur sliders based on matt10 sliders?
No mate.
I made my own sliders since FIFA 20. I'm a fuma player and I prefer built my sliders with my settings.

On the previous page you can see my V6.
I repost it for you nos

Saturator V6 for nextgen

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 5/5
Acceleration : 50/50 or 46/50 with analogic stick acceleration
Shot error : 55/68
Pass error : 55/68 or 55/55 for a harder game
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 65/65
Injury severity : 30/30
GK Ability : 70/70
Marking : 65/65
Run frequency : 30/20
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
Line Width : 48/48
FB Positioning : 50/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 70/70 or 70/65 for a harder game

I put all my footage on my youtube chanel :
https://youtube.com/@saturatorlekiller4472

Last edited:
No mate.
I made my own sliders since FIFA 20. I'm a fuma player and I prefer built my sliders with my settings.

I repost it for you nos

Saturator V6 for nextgen

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

Im trying ur sliders, it s hard for me full manual, i will try semi assists and see

Can we formulate the importance of a probable expansion in the Sliders and the gameplay settings? I have already talked about this, but it would be interesting to get more opinions from you guys who actually live the experience of adjusting the sliders.

And I feel that at some point we will get this depth in gameplay customization, I even saw a hint of it in one of the interviews with the Gameplay Director.

Can we formulate the importance of a probable expansion in the Sliders and the gameplay settings? I have already talked about this, but it would be interesting to get more opinions from you guys who actually live the experience of adjusting the sliders.

And I feel that at some point we will get this depth in gameplay customization, I even saw a hint of it in one of the interviews with the Gameplay Director.
It cannot be overstated how important a "sim" switch is, which does more than just a few basic things.

For example, EA freely admit in their FIFA update changelogs that physics are artificially adjusted to enhance the gamer's "reward" - i.e. if you win a tackle, the ball trajectory isn't calculated via simulation (where it might fly out of play), but instead by what will ensure the tackler retains possession (and so the player feels "rewarded").

That, to me, does not belong in a football game for adults. I understand why it's there - just like I understand why the two-button-control scheme exists (and good on them for including it). But for that to be forced on all players - largely because of the eSports-players' insistence - blows my mind.

But that's just one example. There are so many ball physics that are frankly (compared to reality) absolute trash - e.g. you can chip a ball to a defender that has barely any momentum on it, and the defender can then head it 50 yards as if they'd just been crossed the ball by Prime Beckham. All so that the designated pass requested by the player doesn't fail due to a lack of ball momentum, making them feel bad.

(They don't seem to take into account the reward that comes from UNDERSTANDING that the ball has no momentum on it and not inputting a stupidly impossible pass instead - and anybody attempting a pass in that situation should give the ball away to the opponent, but this simply isn't allowed.)

Alongside this, the complete and total lack of midfielders tracking back, and the forced 1v1 defensive AI (where defenders don't act as a unit, but simply as a "foosball" line of defenders made of wood, made to stand X yards apart and not follow the danger whatsoever)...

Sliders can do good things, but it cannot fix all of this, and I'm out of playing FIFA for as long as the ball alternates between floating and flying like a bullet purely to ensure the user's inputs never fail and cause them to be sad...

Without a "SIM SWITCH" to disable all that nonsense, I'll never be able to play it again - and even the heroes modding the game on PC can't achieve this, cos it's hardcoded.

all sliders in this topic are about making game slow and more mistakes to get "realistic gameplay".

is there anyone who tries to get "arcade gameplay"? i want more goal possesions but i also want less scores.

and is there any chance to break momentum of cpu with adjusting sliders?

Hi folks

I hope everyone is fine and happy near year!
I've worked on new slider since a week and i think the result is ok because I having a better experience with the game : a better midfield, more variety in the game.

My V6 is out now!

In video, with pad settings and strategies

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI
Acceleration : 50/50

A compilation of nice actions on FUMA of course!

Chelsea Vs Man City

Fiorentina Vs Cremonese

United Vs FC Seville

United Vs City
i found the best solution for best gameplay on legendary, using a mix of ur settings, meaning, passing speed 15-10, is key to give it that PES feel, marking is set to 55-90, defence is too passive on ur settings. but all other settings are matt10 sliders. i think this is the best football fix right now

Hi guys! Just wanted to share something I tried and worked on today. I play with strict referee but felt like some contacts could be punished more. I edited all players balance attributes and put them to 1 (it won’t actually change overall player rating). The result is good. I noticed a 40% foul calls increase after about 10 matches played. I think most broken attributes like speed and acceleration could be decreased to let more space to other attributes and push them to 99 (cross and shooting will make the AI cross more and shoot more from distance).
Sharing this here because I’m using Saturator sliders set and thought some of you may be interested on this.

Some kind of 'AI assisted defending' switch is the easiest way out of 1v1 defending in my opinion. We need off-ball positioning, cutting of passing lanes, tracking to be turned back on. If that's done in form of a slider or a toggle that's fine, but without it, anything else won't get us any closer to a simulation I'm afraid.

I can't stress how important turning off 1v1 for us offline users is.

Some kind of 'AI assisted defending' switch is the easiest way out of 1v1 defending in my opinion. We need off-ball positioning, cutting of passing lanes, tracking to be turned back on. If that's done in form of a slider or a toggle that's fine, but without it, anything else won't get us any closer to a simulation I'm afraid.

I can't stress how important turning off 1v1 for us offline users is.
may i ask which sliders are u using right now? i want to make the game as close as possible to THE OTHER GAME, thx

I wanna ask you guys if these are fair stats,
Im using an edited matt10 sliders legendary with semi settings for shooting passing and crossing and through ball, i slowed the pass speed to 15-10 and marking up to 90 for ai,
12 min match. what do u think about thr stats?

Hi mate

I Hope you're fine.
Yes sliders need to be upgraded.
Speed has to be more constant, too much bug speed on the evening.

Marking and faults need to be more accurate.
I'm a FUMA player and i need a stable gameplay. It's a shame that sometimes passes are speed up randomly and physique became chaotics!

I want the return of sim/arcade option like previous opus !

Last edited:

On this subject, I wish (so desperately wish) there was an "AI control assistance" level.

I've just tried the latest FIFA 23 update, and strictly when I'm on the ball, it feels good (with heavy slider changes obviously - sprint speed 22, pass speed 30 etc. to make it human).

However, as soon as the AI have it, no matter the opponent - three passes and they're in on goal, over and over again, due to A) their pass accuracy, B) their pass directness and C) most importantly, the complete and total lack of midfield / marking / tracking-back (because of the 1v1 shit). Something that is so obvious, I pointed out in the trailer on August 1st.

(This is on World Class difficulty - on Professional they don't even try to score, and on Legendary without even enabling the absolutely horrendous eSports-switch they added, every team plays like aliens.)

Now the biggest issue by far is the total lack of midfielders/defenders actually defending, marking players and cutting out passing lanes without you controlling them (i.e. the 1v1 shit). Without an "enable AI player defending" option, where every single player plays as if they are controlled by a competent human footballer rather than a mannequin, I can't play this game.

However, I was thinking... I wonder how much of this could be solved if the game "mirrored" your control settings for the AI.

I use semi-assisted controls, purely to introduce passing errors (not the "total misses" of manual, but just some underpowered/overpowered passes, poorer aimed passes that need the recipient to take more time to control the pass, etc.)... Assisted is absolutely ridiculous - it's simply impossible to misplace a pass.

Anyway - the error that manual or semi-assisted controls introduces, means that you have to play a slower and more careful game. If you try and just spam passes to the striker all the time, you'll give the ball away.

I realised that the AI is essentially playing on "fully assisted" controls all the time, which is a big part of the reason they have a shooting opportunity once every three passes, and why they play as if there's no midfield in the game.

The "pass error" and "shot error" sliders don't seem to affect them - they're not having to hit less risky passes. I find that when I up the AI pass error slider, rather than every pass being a bit "shakey", they hit 19/20 absolutely perfect passes, and 1 weird glitchy pass. Also, it's well-known that if you up the pass error slider beyond about 55, it screws up the AI's crossing so badly that they just kick the ball out of play.

So to be able to change the AI's "controls" to mimic mine, and add actual error to their play (and as a result, make attributes way more important - which, as a result, makes it much more of a simulation)... I'd love that.

Hope you're out there, EA...

EDIT 1: It would also be handy if half-length had any impact at all on accuracy... Right now, a 10-minute match and a 20-minute match have the same gameplay, so you get a 5-0 game and a 10-0 game respectively. Should it not be the case that a longer match changes the accuracy ratio, making defences stronger and pass/shot accuracy lower so that the scorelines stay realistic? And more importantly, so that we have another factor to change in order to make the game feel more realistic / enjoyable?

EDIT 2: Oh, and an "animation speed lock" option. Oh my God, this could solve so many issues I have with the game. So many.

There are a constant stream of Hypermotion moments (in every match) where a player's feet/legs will slide from one position to another within half a second in order for them to instantly respond to the input (player's input or AI's input), usually to shoot in a position that is physically impossible for them to get to due to their body position.

If we could just select "animation speed lock", or even "animation sliding lock", then the player (human or AI) wouldn't be able to magically and instantly do the impossible and would instead have to watch the ball bounce past them, or at least have to control it first, and it would be glorious.

To think of how incredible this game could be with some realism switches absolutely breaks my heart.

Last edited:
No mate.

I repost it for you nos

Saturator V6 for nextgen

World class or legend
Normal game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

Thanks for this if I pick it up I will start with these your gameplay tops most of what I have previously looked at, GFX look nice on PS5 too. Shame EA copy pasta again with ETH giving some Dana White guy buts that's no biggie.

On this subject, I wish (so desperately wish) there was an "AI control assistance" level.

I've just tried the latest FIFA 23 update, and strictly when I'm on the ball, it feels good (with heavy slider changes obviously - sprint speed 22, pass speed 30 etc. to make it human).

However, as soon as the AI have it, no matter the opponent - three passes and they're in on goal, over and over again, due to A) their pass accuracy, B) their pass directness and C) most importantly, the complete and total lack of midfield / marking / tracking-back (because of the 1v1 shit). Something that is so obvious, I pointed out in the trailer on August 1st.

(This is on World Class difficulty - on Professional they don't even try to score, and on Legendary without even enabling the absolutely horrendous eSports-switch they added, every team plays like aliens.)

Now the biggest issue by far is the total lack of midfielders/defenders actually defending, marking players and cutting out passing lanes without you controlling them (i.e. the 1v1 shit). Without an "enable AI player defending" option, where every single player plays as if they are controlled by a competent human footballer rather than a mannequin, I can't play this game.

However, I was thinking... I wonder how much of this could be solved if the game "mirrored" your control settings for the AI.

I use semi-assisted controls, purely to introduce passing errors (not the "total misses" of manual, but just some underpowered/overpowered passes, poorer aimed passes that need the recipient to take more time to control the pass, etc.)... Assisted is absolutely ridiculous - it's simply impossible to misplace a pass.

Anyway - the error that manual or semi-assisted controls introduces, means that you have to play a slower and more careful game. If you try and just spam passes to the striker all the time, you'll give the ball away.

I realised that the AI is essentially playing on "fully assisted" controls all the time, which is a big part of the reason they have a shooting opportunity once every three passes, and why they play as if there's no midfield in the game.

The "pass error" and "shot error" sliders don't seem to affect them - they're not having to hit less risky passes. I find that when I up the AI pass error slider, rather than every pass being a bit "shakey", they hit 19/20 absolutely perfect passes, and 1 weird glitchy pass. Also, it's well-known that if you up the pass error slider beyond about 55, it screws up the AI's crossing so badly that they just kick the ball out of play.

So to be able to change the AI's "controls" to mimic mine, and add actual error to their play (and as a result, make attributes way more important - which, as a result, makes it much more of a simulation)... I'd love that.

EDIT 1: It would also be handy if half-length had any impact at all on accuracy... Right now, a 10-minute match and a 20-minute match have the same gameplay, so you get a 5-0 game and a 10-0 game respectively. Should it not be the case that a longer match changes the accuracy ratio, making defences stronger and pass/shot accuracy lower so that the scorelines stay realistic? And more importantly, so that we have another factor to change in order to make the game feel more realistic / enjoyable?

EDIT 2: Oh, and an "animation speed lock" option. Oh my God, this could solve so many issues I have with the game. So many.

There are a constant stream of Hypermotion moments (in every match) where a player's feet/legs will slide from one position to another within half a second in order for them to instantly respond to the input (player's input or AI's input), usually to shoot in a position that is physically impossible for them to get to due to their body position.

If we could just select "animation speed lock", or even "animation sliding lock", then the player (human or AI) wouldn't be able to magically and instantly do the impossible and would instead have to watch the ball bounce past them, or at least have to control it first, and it would be glorious.

To think of how incredible this game could be with some realism switches absolutely breaks my heart.
Thanks, Chris.

Thank you so much Chris. As usual, you have resume with good examples what it's wrong in this game.

FIFA could be incredible if gameplay speed will be constant and realistic. More control =more cross, more error from AI and human.

On semi control, you can have great gameplay but script is too high on semi. FUMA brings more freedom and less random script.
The most important sliders are : gamespeed/acceleration/pass error/shot error/bad control.

I have made a best off of my gameplay and with cpu actions to prove than FIFA could be great

@saturator thanks mate again for your sliders! I haven't much time to play but when I can I enjoy the game becouse of you! Yes sliders are must but you even developed them further to feel like a new game. Thank you again!
Thank you so much, I'm glad to here that👍
It's because the community is strong than we can share some tuff with football fans.

Year after year, it becames harder to find some nice sliders because the vanilla game is more and more arcadish, not realistic at all and with strange physics, stupid AI and massive sliding animations everywhere😔

I'm very afraid of EAFC 2024.
But like Matt10 I think, I'll never give up!💪

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 3/2/23 | 9:48AM CST --

Final Version

The final version of the FIFA 23 OS Sliders are posted. You can see below that the spreadsheet has been modified to address most common QA, but also the most common options to increase difficulty. The suggested value examples present the Slow and Default pace options, but of course, adjust to what you see fit.

One slider change was the Injury settings of 78/58 changed to 65/34. As it's been discussed, the 78/58 was just too high with injuries and length of injuries. I believe a lot are on their own preferences, but as a base, we're defaulting to the 65/34 since it does bring enough variety. As mentioned, I personally have gone to 75/55, but that's just a personal preference. I've included this as a reference in the spreadsheet below as well.

I will be going through creating the video explanation as always. This is happening a lot later due to personal reasons/interruptions, so my apologies for the delay.

Lastly, a big congrats to the OS Community. We did a lot of good things with the game. FIFA 23 as a base is solid, but it definitely needed some significant changes. The testers did what they did, and we have an incredible game now. I personally cannot put it down, and see new things every time I play. My media gallery is completely filled with FIFA 23 recordings.

Enjoy!

--------
lWGyJN.png

--------

Anyone use 48 for acceleration? Any negatives beside the fatigue not working correctly? I’m on default speed.

--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 3/2/23 | 9:48AM CST --

Final Version

The final version of the FIFA 23 OS Sliders are posted. You can see below that the spreadsheet has been modified to address most common QA, but also the most common options to increase difficulty. The suggested value examples present the Slow and Default pace options, but of course, adjust to what you see fit.

One slider change was the Injury settings of 78/58 changed to 65/34. As it's been discussed, the 78/58 was just too high with injuries and length of injuries. I believe a lot are on their own preferences, but as a base, we're defaulting to the 65/34 since it does bring enough variety. As mentioned, I personally have gone to 75/55, but that's just a personal preference. I've included this as a reference in the spreadsheet below as well.

I will be going through creating the video explanation as always. This is happening a lot later due to personal reasons/interruptions, so my apologies for the delay.

Lastly, a big congrats to the OS Community. We did a lot of good things with the game. FIFA 23 as a base is solid, but it definitely needed some significant changes. The testers did what they did, and we have an incredible game now. I personally cannot put it down, and see new things every time I play. My media gallery is completely filled with FIFA 23 recordings.

Enjoy!

--------
lWGyJN.png

--------
Thanks for all Matt.
I'm was really impress by the beta but the vanilla FIFA 23 was really great and better. Likevall FIFA, i have only slowdow the speed of the passes and shoots.

But I saw the big potentiel of the game, Hypermontion 2 brings more variety, more freedom, more ramdom actions to the game.

Now i didn't touched the sliders since december and the game became better patch after patch. It's new for the série.
I started my fourth saison with Marseille and I have finished two with United.

The stats are near to reality: big teams are really hard to beat, and where your best players are out for injuries, the game is even harder so even better.

Yes slidding is still there, yes night bug with crazy speed is in sometimes, but the overall experience is my best since FIFA 17.

I Hope of course EAFC 24 will have new and more efficience sliders. Fingers crosses.

hi @saturator

I like your slider setup as it has variety. However, when I play 8min per half, the game tends to speed up. when I increase to 15min per half, it slows down and plays better.

I have yet to try 10min per half.

In case I stick with 15min per half, to keep the stats realistic, should I increase shot error for User/CPU?

hi @saturator

I like your slider setup as it has variety. However, when I play 8min per half, the game tends to speed up. when I increase to 15min per half, it slows down and plays better.

I have yet to try 10min per half.

In case I stick with 15min per half, to keep the stats realistic, should I increase shot error for User/CPU?
Hi mate.
Thanks you first for your comment, i didn't changed my sliders since décembre😅.
I have never player a 15 minutes per half but it's nice to Gear than the game is better.

If you have too much shoots on targer, yes increase shot error. If not, don't change anything.

So as explained in the other thread, I'm having an issue with the AI scoring too many goals since the last update. I'm wondering what the best course of action would be (GK ability or Shot Error - each is at 50 and 80 respectively)

So as explained in the other thread, I'm having an issue with the AI scoring too many goals since the last update. I'm wondering what the best course of action would be (GK ability or Shot Error - each is at 50 and 80 respectively)
Which sliders are you using? CPU scoring too many goals, yeah gK could be it, shot speed could be it. What's the shot:goal ratio? They may be creating just too many chances as well.

For example, I actually raise Sprint speed on World Class slow for the OS sliders. The difference between 51, 52 and 55 are significant. When the CPU is empowered via Sprint, they do all sorts of things to their benefit.

Here's a video vs Sprint 55 CPU

Video vs Sprint 52 CPU

Back
Top Bottom