[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Been checking out old EA games from the early to mid 2000's like NHL and Madden,NBA then i stumbled upon EA Rugby 08 and have become quite addicted.

I only ever watched the Rugby world cup maybe the odd six nations game but im really loving the gameplay of 08 and learning as I go along.It even has a sort of Master League mode with transfers promotions and cups and with around 30-40 stadiums and Playing the AI is good fun

Been checking out old EA games from the early to mid 2000's like NHL and Madden,NBA then i stumbled upon EA Rugby 08 and have become quite addicted.

I only ever watched the Rugby world cup maybe the odd six nations game but im really loving the gameplay of 08 and learning as I go along.It even has a sort of Master League mode with transfers promotions and cups and with around 30-40 stadiums and Playing the AI is good fun
To bad old sports games aren't back comp ,sounds like my kind of game

Same. I keep going back to this game.
As it stands - no other game on console provides such challenging, complex and fun survival experience. I must have hundreds of hours on it already.
Love it ,though I die in my tshirt from starvation 9/10 times.
Feels pretty smooth on new gen as well

Love it ,though I die in my tshirt from starvation 9/10 times.
Feels pretty smooth on new gen as well
There's a great new server on Xbox. Fully customised. They added a lot of stuff, redesigned towns - it looks savage.
Thats where Im playing.
I can send you a link if you want.

Looks truly beautiful on youtube. Tempted to give it a try even tho everytime I try sport games different than football I unfortunately can't seem to be able to stick.

Returnal on the new Plus thingy
Got to the house first boss on my second run. Managed to finish just over 1 of his 3 phases, even though I had a health pack and could fill my lifebar once. This game is hard but plays very well.

Looks truly beautiful on youtube. Tempted to give it a try even tho everytime I try sport games different than football I unfortunately can't seem to be able to stick.

looks great on pc especially if you fiddle with the resolution

im still playing it learning as i go its pretty difficult but worth trying out even to burn a few hours if your bored just start on the lowest level i played the all blacks on medium and got eaten alive

Hunter - Call of the Wild, on gamepass - its fecking unbelievable.
To a point that I bought full game with few extra maps.
But in order for it to be unbelievable - it needs to be P.I.M.P.'ed.
You gotta turn all the support mechanics and visual aids off, UI included.
In a game that proclaims itself as true hunting simulator - you simply cannot have all that crap on.
Glowing blood? Animal tracks visible everywhere? Spotted animals highlighted through the grass and bushes?
GTFO!
You want to rely on your senses. Listen, observe, find the tracks, spot the animal, try to get closer without losing it in the wilderness - thats where this game truly shines and it becomes immersive AF.
Highly recommend to try it this way.

Hunter - Call of the Wild, on gamepass - its fecking unbelievable.
To a point that I bought full game with few extra maps.
But in order for it to be unbelievable - it needs to be P.I.M.P.'ed.
You gotta turn all the support mechanics and visual aids off, UI included.
In a game that proclaims itself as true hunting simulator - you simply cannot have all that crap on.
Glowing blood? Animal tracks visible everywhere? Spotted animals highlighted through the grass and bushes?
GTFO!
You want to rely on your senses. Listen, observe, find the tracks, spot the animal, try to get closer without losing it in the wilderness - thats where this game truly shines and it becomes immersive AF.
Highly recommend to try it this way.
Brilliant game ,played it to bits a year or so ago ,still play when I want to unwind

Brilliant game ,played it to bits a year or so ago ,still play when I want to unwind
I was thinking: "Damn, he plays that to unwind?" Turns out, I was mixing it with a somewhat different game
Screenshot 2022-07-02 161519.jpg
I haven't played this but from what I have seen it is not particularly "unwindy".

Ha ha ,sorry for the confusion:)
Haven't tried that one ,it's some battle royale type of game right?
Get stressed the fuck out from those ,even though I like them
I think it is mostly a hunting game but the horrific prey definitely wants you dead as well and there is some multiplayer team stuff I think where you are hunting each other or trying to get to the prey before the other team does.

I think it is mostly a hunting game but the horrific prey definitely wants you dead as well and there is some multiplayer team stuff I think where you are hunting each other or trying to get to the prey before the other team does.
Googled it ,looks fun tbh.
My new thing is the game House flipper.
So soothing

I was thinking: "Damn, he plays that to unwind?"
Ah jaysus! No, fuck that! I bought this game a while ago, played few rounds and never switched it back again. It was fucking terrifying :LOL:

If you like a little 'Battle Royale', with a smell of Tarkov, engaging, but not scary - "Vigor" might be down your alley. And its Free to Play. I really enjoyed few rounds that I had recently, but unfortunately I dont like 3pp shooters. Find them cheap and a bit cheaty when you can scout around the corners in 3pp with your camera movements.
But those who dont mind 3pp - its a very decent title!

After trying (and miserably failing to like) Far Cry 5 - I decided to replay RdR2, but this time in First Person, without HUD, on series X. But since RdR2 is currently 60quid (not paying 60 again, having it already on PS4) - I got Red Dead Redemption 1.
It still looks great and atmosphere is just phenomenal. I really do hope that Red Dead 2 is not the last great game in the franchise. GTA feels like a game for kids in comparison to this (which is a bit unfair coz GTA on its own is also a solid game, just online ruined it).
But yeah - Red Dead is savage and ragdoll physics make each shootouts so damn satisfying. Pity it doesnt have First Person, coz recently for me First Person + No HUD is the way to go.

After trying (and miserably failing to like) Far Cry 5 - I decided to replay RdR2, but this time in First Person, without HUD, on series X. But since RdR2 is currently 60quid (not paying 60 again, having it already on PS4) - I got Red Dead Redemption 1.
It still looks great and atmosphere is just phenomenal. I really do hope that Red Dead 2 is not the last great game in the franchise. GTA feels like a game for kids in comparison to this (which is a bit unfair coz GTA on its own is also a solid game, just online ruined it).
But yeah - Red Dead is savage and ragdoll physics make each shootouts so damn satisfying. Pity it doesnt have First Person, coz recently for me First Person + No HUD is the way to go.
I played RD1 a few years ago ,the updated 4k version and I loved it.
I should really play RDR2 ,hardly played it and I've had it since 2019

should really play RDR2 ,hardly played it and I've had it since 2019
Oh 100%. Probably best game I ever played. Slow burner, but my jaysus the story is brilliant. And Arthur is so much better character than John.

Hey did you ever finish Kingdom Come?

Oh 100%. Probably best game I ever played. Slow burner, but my jaysus the story is brilliant. And Arthur is so much better character than John.

Hey did you ever finish Kingdom Come?
Yes sir , finished it ,felt empty afterwards ,loved that game.

Somehow I feel it's the same with RDR 2 as KCD that it doesn't hold your hand and it's 24/7 action?
A bit more slow paced?
I'm getting to it once I get the it h to play a adventure game I think.

Somehow I feel it's the same with RDR 2 as KCD that it doesn't hold your hand and it's 24/7 action?
A bit more slow paced?
Ah no, jesus, RdR2 is a breeze in compare to Kingdom Come. Kingdom Come is hardcore-medieval-dayz, RdR2 is well crafted, slow paced story with most realistic and alive looking world, but its not that difficult.
Unless you set it up to make it more challenging, switching auto aim and HUD off, switching to first person etc.
Unfortunately RdR2 never got any survival mode, so you dont need to eat, or sleep. It would be much better if there was an option for it.
They are both amazing games tho.
I have to get back to Kingdom Come. I only got to first big town. But I need to start from scratch, coz I rushed it a bit and felt absolutely useless where I was.

Ah no, jesus, RdR2 is a breeze in compare to Kingdom Come. Kingdom Come is hardcore-medieval-dayz, RdR2 is well crafted, slow paced story with most realistic and alive looking world, but its not that difficult.
Unless you set it up to make it more challenging, switching auto aim and HUD off, switching to first person etc.
Unfortunately RdR2 never got any survival mode, so you dont need to eat, or sleep. It would be much better if there was an option for it.
They are both amazing games tho.
I have to get back to Kingdom Come. I only got to first big town. But I need to start from scratch, coz I rushed it a bit and felt absolutely useless where I was.
Hardly fast traveled on my Kingdome come at all ,explored every inch of that map so many weird little things discovered.

I picked up an old game that I've had for 2-3 years but never played (free on Xbox gold)
Call of Cthul.
Looks pretty bad ,but it's a good game ,based on HP Lovecraft story/world ,lots of investigation type of game.

No man's sky ,I decided to learn that game after spawning in and dying after five mins every fucking time ,mainly because this game don't really hold your hand with explanations.
Now that I've got a bit more of a hang on it ,it's really a good game ,like it a lot.

The Witness,a puzzle game ,tough as hell but really nice just trying to solve puzzles

Also DL this month's games with gold ,haven't done that in a long time ,Relicta looks promising.

NBA 2k22 I'm in the playoffs with my Wizards ,just knocked out Nets in the first round and I'm facing the Bulls in the next round ,think I can go past them as well.

Fifa 22 I'm playing as Arminia Bielefeld and having a pretty tough time since changing the sliders ,an ok game

Haven't played RDR 2 since last week so that's also one I'm playing this week

Im currently playing all sorts of games.
Kingdom Come - brilliant, but slow progress requires something else as a distraction.
So I played Metro Exodus and didnt like it. Silent protagonist was so fucking immersion breaking that I just couldnt stomach it. His wife, full of emotions, shouts and screams and Im just fucking standing there like a plank. Nah, cant take that.
Tried Fallout 4 with umpteen mods, but that didnt work either. In its core its a clunky and frustrating game. What makes it worse - it came out 4 years after Skyrim and it looks and plays much worse. Skyrim with mods was a beast.

So now Im back to good old State of Decay 2. Savage game. Love it. Especially now since I started new playthrough without HUD.

Im currently playing all sorts of games.
Kingdom Come - brilliant, but slow progress requires something else as a distraction.
So I played Metro Exodus and didnt like it. Silent protagonist was so fucking immersion breaking that I just couldnt stomach it. His wife, full of emotions, shouts and screams and Im just fucking standing there like a plank. Nah, cant take that.
Tried Fallout 4 with umpteen mods, but that didnt work either. In its core its a clunky and frustrating game. What makes it worse - it came out 4 years after Skyrim and it looks and plays much worse. Skyrim with mods was a beast.

So now Im back to good old State of Decay 2. Savage game. Love it. Especially now since I started new playthrough without HUD.
Lovely game ,wish it could be a bit more solo orientated.

Back
Top Bottom